Oscraps

December Meals

bcgal00

CHEERY O
What meals are in the menu this month? Any recipes to share? Any new recipes to try out? What foods are you eating now?

I made some pancakes on the wkend that I enjoyed and it made enough for me to have the second batch for lunch today. No wheat flour in them. They taste slightly "eggy" but I was just fine with that.
https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/153615037274186819/

janedee

I just have meals planned until Thursday when I grocery shop. So, until then we're having:

Lentil Soup and buns
Chicken Chili
Stir Fry with Tofu
If I don't feel like cooking one of those nights, we'll have Pizza!

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
I'm really trying to get back on some wagon - not sure if I'll be strict keto or go the THM route, but right now I'm just trying to get through the cravings of going gluten free again.

I just got an instant pot so I'm actually cooking meals now, so that's a bonus :)

bcgal00

CHEERY O
I have a similar type of "instant pot" and it is great for quick meals. As for keto, since I'm pretty much at goal weight now, I have switched to a personal variation of low carb/paleo/clean eating/anti-inflammatory foods kind of eating plan. There are so many ways to personalize a low carb diet so just find what works for you and is sustainable, that's the key.

I like eating more veggies and fruit so switching to a higher carb diet than keto but still within being considered "low carb" is making me happier, and recently I mostly gave up dairy which is working great for me but for someone else, that might not be ideal, so figure out what your must-haves are, and what you can let go. Give a diet tweak a few weeks to see if it is working for you. Giving up dairy was not something I thought I could do yet its turned out to be easier than most of the changes I have made this year. I have found other substitutes for cow's milk products. I have found that eliminating "anti-inflammatory foods" makes me feel my best.

I made these chocolate/nut butter cookies yesterday that totally fit into my eating plan (its on my pinterest dessert board) and Jen & I both absolutely loved them.
i-cNDZHcX.jpg

VickiStegall

Administrator
Designer
CHEERY O
You're doing so great Rae! I'm proud of you and happy for you!

I think at this point, I'm just going to try not to gain any weight for the rest of the month lol

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
Last weekend I made:
for breakfast: pancakes made from oatmeal and butternut and a topping of fresh fruit
for dinner: chicory rolls with cheese sauce based on cauliflower (without flour)
for lunch: homemade wraps of spelled flour filled with ricotta and herbs, smoked salmon and leek shoots

marijke

I love the O!
CHEERY O
PUMPKIN PANCAKES WITH RAISINS

450 gr pumpkin - fresh or cut into cubes from the freezer compartment
2 eggs
200 gr self-rising flour - gluten-free when you are sensitive to gluten (I took oatmeal flour)
100 ml buttermilk - regular milk can also
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
hand of raisins

That's how you make them

Do you use fresh pumpkin? Cut off the peel, remove the pumpkin and cut it into cubes. With an organic pumpkin you can also just leave the peel. Cook the cubes gently in a minute or ten. Diced pumpkin from the freezer does not need to be boiled gently, only to thaw.

Put all ingredients in your food processor (or use a hand blender) and mix all ingredients, except the raisins, into a smooth batter. The batter should be slightly thicker than normal pancake batter. Finally, fold the raisins through.

Heat a dash of oil or a block of coconut fat in a large frying pan. Put small heaps of the batter in the pan and fry the pancakes on both sides until tender. I used a cooking ring (about 10 cm) so that all pancakes became the same size, but you can also make them from the loose batter in the pan.

Make sure the fire is not too high and give the pancakes a little time to be cooked. Preferably change them with a spatula only after a minute or four.

Stack up the pumpkin pancakes and finish with honey or maple syrup

yummy ....