Oscraps

Daily O's Weekend Edition Jan 16-17

hondachicc

Getting us started here this morning girlies............

Now if you have noticed my new avi.......check out this thread and you will understand....join us in the fun!!! https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15224

I am having my coffee watching Max and Ruby with Jesse. Today I am going to Traci's and help her get some organzing done. Poor thing moved in Dec 1st and with all the bad weather and the holidays things have been a mess...with two little ones it's hard for her to get much done. We will see how much we can knock out today!! and I am off from babysitting on Monday...so I might go back on Monday too.

Yam

Now I am going to eat breakfast and sit to write on my Journal! I love the Fulfilled Soul Movement of Ashlee, yeayyy!

At last the SUMMER is here! WoW! 2 days of 20 C degrees, it's hot down here, girls!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Morning all - grocery shopping, dance lessons- 2 hrs- hot tub- maybe get a new avi pic- hot tub in 30 degree weather! and out with friends tonight!

andreaB- I know that having a diagnosis can be overwhelming- but for all things school- having a medical diagnosis will give you more to fight with to get Gen what she needs- I have worked as a school PT in the past and know it helps to have a name- doesn't change the function or the goals as far as i was concerned, but gave the parents leverage.

natesia- cute pet- from afar!

yam- have a great day

andrea nyx- how was TKD?

everyone else I am sorry to leave you out- this is all my brain can remember on a weekend

oh I know
Sally - have fun on your trip with mr. Wonderful

LindaPete

Happy weekend everyone!
Thing 1 is on her way home from Hula Grandma's. It's been two weeks so I've been missing her.
I'm going to be making a donation to support earthquake victims in Haiti. I'll donate a dime for every comment left on my blog between now and Monday!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone!
I am feeling only so-so, but I am happy/relieved. I just had a phone appt with Social Security and the kids and I are eligible for SS Benefits too. Not much overall, but every penny counts! I'll still be working my butt off....but it gives me a bit of breathing room. *huge sighs of relief*

Linda P- what a great thing you are doing. I got some Paypal $$ yesterday for Faery-wings so I was thinking that I would donate that. What org are you donating too? It is so hard to know which one will go directly to the people in need.
BTW- I love your nicknames for your fam, always cracks me up.

Laurie- hot tub sounds FAB! The 30*...mmmmmm... not so much!
It was warm-ish relatively speaking yesterday- got up to near 45*, so my friend and I walked a bit before we walked to the bus stop- about a mile I guess. We were freezing LOL But it felt good to be outside.

Yam- please enjoy some of that summer weather for me!
I'll be hitting Fulfilled Soul today too :)

LindaW- I am uploading my feet avi as I type! Dang that Helen, showing off her tanned and polished toes. We'll show her! ROTF!!! Good luck to Traci!

I'm going to upload that now, then be back to check in some more from yesterday's OOO's :)

LindaPete

Good morning everyone!
I am feeling only so-so, but I am happy/relieved. I just had a phone appt with Social Security and the kids and I are eligible for SS Benefits too. Not much overall, but every penny counts! I'll still be working my butt off....but it gives me a bit of breathing room. *huge sighs of relief*

Linda P- what a great thing you are doing. I got some Paypal $$ yesterday for Faery-wings so I was thinking that I would donate that. What org are you donating too? It is so hard to know which one will go directly to the people in need.
BTW- I love your nicknames for your fam, always cracks me up.

Chris - I'll be donating to the American Red Cross. On June 23, 2003 we had 60+ tornadoes tear through southeastern South Dakota. Our home was hit with quite a bit of damage as were many families in my school district. I witnessed first hand the quick response of the Red Cross.
Glad you like the nicknames, the family - for the most part :) Like them too:)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
check out my feel LOL!
These are from Friday's thread- but ignore the randomness hahah!

Natesia- what a sweet rattie!!! Is it a female? Rats really make the best small pets, I miss ours, and hope that someday we can get more.
Do you have just the one? Ours were 2 females, and man, they were just too sweet! S/he is pretty!

AndreaB-huge huge hugs!! Brain research fascinates me and it always amazes me how much brains, esp young brains can truly overcome and compensate for. I will predict that 10 years from now, we are going to look back and say that you'd never know there was anything different. I have read about people who have had the C-C's severed and the different parts of the brain just seem to take over different activities.
That said, It is heart wrenching when it is *your* child who has any sort of condition, and you are allowed to be scared and stressed at times. I am so glad that you found this out early and have good insurance. Give her hugs from me, K? And a big one for yourself. :)

Andrea Nxy- good for you for your cleaning- I hate to floss too. You know what helpd me? I bought those individual flossers- I hate the exces waste/plastic and all that non-tree huggy stuff, but if it helps me keep my teeth in ...... well, I'll do itLOL

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Sally-- have a fab trip!!!!!!!! You are bringing your laptop, right? You'll be checking in and letting us enjoy your trip with you!?

Yam- Yeah, Lyme is pretty darn nasty if it is not treated quickly, which is actually hard to do. Anyway- the pain free weekend vibes are what I like to hear! LOL

lindaP- so sorry to hear about your uncle :(
Sending good thoughts to his family.

Kat- make sure you take it easy, and put your feet up.

Andrea B- glad you liked everything!! And glad the ginger oil helped too. Hang in there!

Hi Tonya!

I am sorry if I missed any of you- but sending hugs to you all!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
hey girlies!! Ohhh I gotta get in on the feet thread!! LOL!!! I have loved all of yours so far, but I'm thinking you need some TEXAS boots in there!! :)

I"ve got 30 minutes to finish up The Studio (picking up and organizing), then Mr GOrgeous and I are scrubbing the downstairs together, room by room. Our children have all abandoned us this morning (Cora and Emma at the mall for a cousin's bday party, Q to my mom's to help take down Christmas, and Lil...well, she's here, but she's 7.,..you know how that is!!), so MR G and I are doing the downstairs ourselves and they will have to do the upstairs when they get home!! yipee!! I love this family!!

So yes, I am totally taking my new laptop to CA! And downloading pics regularly...I have to remember to take some fun kits...I may just pick some up when I get there...I keep all of my digi stuff on my EHD and that is NOT going with me...ohhh I better transfer all of my designs and packaging stuff so I can upload my fun freebie next Thursday while in CA. We're thinking of goingto Sonoma on SAturday. We did Napa last time I was there and ReALLY reaLLY LOVED it!! :) We'll see...whatever we do will be a blast!! yipeeee~~

Off to take a cool pic of my booted feet!!

ohh and this afternoon I'm going to see Leap Year with a friend...girlies afternoon out!! I'm sure we'll post a pic on FB while we're there!! heehee!!
love you all!!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
heehee...texas boots!! heehee!! (gotta love the sewing machine in the background, too!! that's me!!)

natesia

Natesia- what a sweet rattie!!! Is it a female? Rats really make the best small pets, I miss ours, and hope that someday we can get more.
Do you have just the one? Ours were 2 females, and man, they were just too sweet! S/he is pretty!

That's she ;) I have only her, because I coldn't more... and I was a little afraid ;P

LaughingSun

just a quick stop in.

M woke up at 1:30am last night with bad stomach cramps... then barfed. DH slept with him, but I barely got any sleep b/c I had the runs and a VERY upset stomach. Still have a sore tummy today. not sure if it's just me feeling worried about M last night or my nausea being bad or what he had. no idea but I'm not liking how I feel right now.

back tomorrow if I'm feeling better.

mrsaboyer

I need a feet avi! But you'll have to wait till I have at least some socks on, because my feet are frightening.

Spent all day writing my final paper for History. I still have a few more paragraphs to write, but I can get that done tomorrow. SHould be no problem except that we have to pick a defining event for each decade we studied (50's-90's) and I can't think of anything from the 90's. We barely even studied the 90's at all. I'm thinking, terrorism hits home? As in the OK bombings and the first WTC bombings?
Anyway, I'm excited to have those classes over, and to be starting next term. I have math (AGAIN) and Art and Culture. Needless to say I'm looking forward to Art and Culture, hope the teacher is good or I'll be sad.

Andrea- sorry 'bout the barfin! I had the same problem Friday, but with headache. Hope you feel better.

mrsaboyer

LindaW- Don't you wonder where the heck Max and Ruby's parents are??? I know, I know it's a cartoon, but goodness, I'm always glad when their grandma shows up. LOL

Laurie- YES, the doctor said that in a couple of years when Gen might SEEM to be perfectly normal but could still benefit from additional attention, the diagnosis will really help. They'll be able to look at her file and say, "Hey, this isn't just a case of her not being read to at home, she has this condition" and she could get the help she needs.

Chris- Thanks so much and I totally agree, the brain is an amazing thing. I was talking to my (emotional Italian) MIL, and she was about to start crying, and I just reminded her, look at all of these people with traumatic brain injury who are missing whole chunks of their brain and they still go to college! I think Gen will be fine, and now that we know what it is, we can work with it!

Holy toledo it's almost 1!! See what happens when you stay up late writing a paper (and then throwing in just one LO for good measure!)

Sally- since when do cowboy boots have round toes and lug soles? When I worked on a ranch, my boots were not super pointy, but pointier than that! And they had stacked soles! Those are fashion boots! LOL and darn cute, too if I might add!
Sonoma is great, and if you do like wine, the sommeliers in Sonoma will tell you- Sonoma for wine, Napa for auto parts. LOL Gorgeous country there! It might be a bit early, but soon it will be mustard season, and that is SOOO BEAUTIFUL! I guess I don't need to tell you to have your camera on hand!

Linda P- awesome work with your blog! I've made a small donation as well, and hope to be adding to it.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
I need a feet avi! But you'll have to wait till I have at least some socks on, because my feet are frightening.

Spent all day writing my final paper for History. I still have a few more paragraphs to write, but I can get that done tomorrow. SHould be no problem except that we have to pick a defining event for each decade we studied (50's-90's) and I can't think of anything from the 90's. We barely even studied the 90's at all. I'm thinking, terrorism hits home? As in the OK bombings and the first WTC bombings?
Anyway, I'm excited to have those classes over, and to be starting next term. I have math (AGAIN) and Art and Culture. Needless to say I'm looking forward to Art and Culture, hope the teacher is good or I'll be sad.

Andrea- sorry 'bout the barfin! I had the same problem Friday, but with headache. Hope you feel better.

What about Rodney King and the LA Riots?? Just another thought for you.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Natesia- you are going to want to add in another rattie soon, they are really easy to care for. Have fun!

AndreaNyx- (((((hugs)))) feel better!!!!

AndreaB- Grandma's rights to get emotional and all that, y'know.... but I am on the same page with you. The brain is incredible (of course, I want to know who took mine since it seems to be missing LOL) and I think with the help you are getting her now and they kind of awesome and encouraging mom you are- she is going to be amazing.
:)
The 90's- Thinking back- yes, terror stands out for me too- OK City, WTC, USS Cole,
also along the lines of Clara's thoughts- OJ Simpson, Seattle Grunge scene
Dot.com boom I'll think some more....

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
and b/c I can get lost reading wikipedia for hours

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/90%27s

And b/c I cansit there and keep reading, I saw that the USS Cole was in 2000.
Another big moment tho was The Columbine Shooting. Should have remembered that since I just finished the book a few weeks ago. So tragic. :(
But that brings me back to Waco....

HTH!

Last edited:

LaughingSun

hey all. wow, feeling quite a bit better today. even got a chance to do a quick LO for a challenge ending today... now I have to work.

M was fine that very next morning. not sure what was going on with him tho. Me, I was SUPER nauseous all day... did a lot of laying around and even had a 3 hour nap in the afternoon... which was amazing! DH was super understanding which is unusual since I'm nauseous continuously... it's become the 'norm' so he doesn't react. Well yesterday he was a doll... he did everything with the kids & took good care of me too... yay!

Got to get some work done... if I get it all done quickly then I can have some more scrap time. DH is taking the kids to the sitter today during TKD but I'm gonna stay home to do various things around the house, work & maybe even scrap, yay!

AndreaB: yay on almost finishing that paper! and hurray for more Math this term, I love math!!!

Welcome Alisa :)

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Good sunday afternoon all-

Hugs to all those that need to feel better

Welcome to Alisa

I went in to work after Church and was hoping to do paperwork catchup- ended up cleaning and organizing my therapy room and then washing the floor- well half the floor cause my stuff took up the other half. Yes we have cleaning staff, no they do not do a very good job- it is so embarassing when my pts get filthy- I have explained to the head of the custodial staff that this is the pediatric therapy room and crawling around on the floor for them and me is the norm- oh well- sometimes you just have to do it yourself! I am going to go upload in the gallery and enjoy the rest of my sunday!