Oscraps

Daily O's: Wednesday "Give Tridy a Break" Edition Jan 21, 2015

whatnext

GAAaH!!, of course i have an uneditable TYpO in the thread title. SORRY, TRUDY!! or should i start calling you "Tridy??" sheesh.... :faint2:

hiya. since i'm up at the crack of dawn on the East Coast, thought i'd give Vancouver Trudy a break a start the thread early this morning. some snow for us today. woot. but at least it's not below zero....

Hi, Chris, if you see this! are you being good?? :twitch:

Trudy, what a swimming story!! honestly, don't they get it that when you're in a LANE you have to follow the rules.??you know, just like DRiVING!! i wonder what i would have done if i was there. generally, when people are misbehaving in public, i just keep looking at them. eventually they look at me. it is at this point i begin to wonder whether i'm about to get punched in the mouth. :rofl:

Shar, i keep meaning to try Nancy's pasta dish, so you've reminded me. maybe sometime this week. sounds like you do a lot of entertaining! wish i lived near you so you could invite me to dinner!

yesterday i did a totally crazy thing. about 10:30 a.m. i decided that i wanted a manicure and pedicure. for like the second time EVER. so i called a local salon, they happened to have an appointment, so in i went. sometimes it's good to do something off the wall, just for the heck of it.

Happy Wednesday! i'll stop by later to see what everyone's up to. :becky:

Last edited by a moderator:

nancyr

good morning! Phylis thanks for starting this! I am sure Tridy (LOL) will be happy! Had the strangest waking moment. A cat was making the most horrendous screaming noises. I got out of bed thinking that maybe it was stuck or wounded. Came down stairs to find out my son too was hearing these sounds and he thought it was a kid screaming. My husband went out to investigate and it was two yes two cats in the throws of mating. Too funny! Yesterday got in two good walks, first by myself and then my girlfriend called to walk. Feel so bad for her she was let go from her new job. She hated it but still a shock to be let go. My walks have been so fun lately, a sharp-shinned flies in front of me, two red tailed hawks fly over head and my fox. It has been like a reward for getting out and walking even in the cold. Today going out with my girlfriends for dinner. That should be fun! Made plans to take my DIL to Florida over her spring break. Turns out the NJ Devils are playing their last regular season games against Tampa Bay Lightning and Florida Panther during this week. So we can see hockey and sunshine and birds!

OK I have a quandary - my son's car in a front wheel drive Ford Focus and I have a Ford Escape. Well there is supposed to be a light dusting of snow this afternoon. My son asked to drive my Escape and I need it to drive to my dinner. OK as a Mom I feel somewhat guilty but should I? I talked to my mechanic son and he said the Focus is safe. But is my Escape safer and since my dinner is closer should i have let him drive it?

Phylis yes we are to get some snow but not much! How fun to get your mani and peddi! We all need a little pampering!

Shar so glad you tried the recipe and that everyone like it! RR really does have great recipes that are easy to cook. Last night I made coconut curry shrimp a recipe from the Pioneer Woman's website. It was delicious. My husband and son both gave it multiple thumbs up! My husband ate almost half. Both were shocked I cooked shrimp. I tend to cook mostly chicken dishes.

Trudy that was some swimming story! Men! My husband likes long hair but my hair is so hard to dry and I have no patience with hair that it is now short and I love it!

Chris take care!

Have a great day all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning my O-Fam
Yes I am trying my best to behave. If I try to do something, like pour myself a cup of coffee and grab a bagel, I get scolded. Yeah, I tried that and was told to go sit back down. ;)
And who the heck knew taking a shower would be so exhausting?? In fact, I have been up out of bed for about an hour and I find that is pretty much my limit.

Trudy- omg- the pool fight story was crazy!
Shar- I am sure that your hair looks amazing.
Phyllis- part of me wants to misbehave so you can come to NJ and yell at me too LOL Hope the snow passes you by. We are supposed to get some too. Scott's first day of school is today and he has mostly late classes so I hope he gets home before it gets messy.
Nancy- i think you did the right thing as the weather is supposed to get worse and the afternoon/night progresses. Have fun!

And *poof* there went the last bit of energy I had (not really, I am still ok to pee and get back into bed. Pretty much all I do all damn day heheh!)

Love and hugs to all of you!!

whatnext

hi, Chris! i'm still not kidding about the visit to tie you to a chair, so be good. for goodness sake. sounds like so far, so good, though. so continue to behave, would ya?

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... Brrrr its frosty and cold here this morning, but that means the sun will be out today! Not much to report this morning, went to pick up my tickets and had coffee with my high school friend who is also my travel agent. Had a good visit as another old high school friend joined us. The conversation was mostly about our kids and grandkids, but a bit of other catching up too. Then I went to the local fake and bake place (tanning salon) and booked some time with them just to get a bit of a tan before we go, I am terrifyingly white :scared: and need a bit of colour before I burn up on the beach :becky:

Phylis - I will forgive you for giving me a new name LOL I have been called much worse!! Its funny, but when the fight was going on at the pool I thought... gee I wish Phylis was here with me!! We could have had a good laugh over it!! :pound: What a great treat for yourself to have a mani/pedi!! I need to paint my toenails before we go, so I think I will go and look for a new colour, I don't get my nails done, I don't have any, they have always been short and very thin and brittle. Not my toes though, they are always nice go figure. :noidea: DD has beautiful long thick nails, not sure where she gets them from.

Nancy - How nice of you to take your DIL to Florida with you!! My MIL would never have dreamed of doing anything like that with me, heck I have never been able to get her to travel anywhere, except a short visit to where we live LOL. Too funny about the cats!! We usually have lots of cat fights outside of our bedroom window in the summer, but have not ever seen anything like what you witnessed :becky: As for your quandary, well I suppose if your son has good tires on his car he should be fine, most of the time the trouble is people do not drive for the conditions of the road, tell him to drive slow and cautiously and if he is worried then I guess he should have gotten himself a four wheel drive!! Mean Me!!

Chris - So glad that you are behaving yourself!! You will get stronger everyday! Enjoy the pampering, because you know its not going to happen again when you are up and on your feet! Soon you will be able to chatter away here again, but til then, stay in bed and get better or the Wrath of Phlyis will come down on you! :becky:

Swimming today, so hopefully no more fights LOL. Off to get breakfast and a bit more coffee, perhaps another fake and bake session today also. Have a great one girls!! :wave:

SharLamb

Sharron
Phylis, my entertaining comes in spurts. My philosophy has ALWAYS been, if you have one party, you may as well have three. That's how much I can get in before I have to dust again. Dusting is the decision-maker. So we will go months without entertaining, then do it up big. Seems like ever since we have been married, we've had a lot of bachelor friends. So I feel sorry for them and have them over to dinner. They aren't critical at all of the dust!

I used to do more of the mani-pedi thing, but in the last couple of years think about spending the mani-pedi money on digital art supplies, or a round of golf. I have good hard nails (need to trim them with clippers), but I can't be bothered keeping them up properly when they are painted. I use one of those 3-step filing systems to keep them polished. Sometimes. Okay. Not very often.

Nancy, the Phylis in me says to not cave. But the mother in me says you need to do what your conscience says, because if there were an accident, you'd be feeling guilty for the rest of your life, and it's not worth that. He shouldn't have asked.

I'm with Trudy. SO nice of you to take DIL to Florida. My late MIL never spent any time with me she wasn't forced to.

Printed off the shrimp curry recipe. :) Think I will try that next week.

Glad to hear you are behaving, Chris! Keep it up. So many times when I soldiered on, after the fact I wish I had just allowed myself to be sick and/or heal.

Clara and all her brothers have been sick for several days (both "ends"), so there will be no Wednesday With Clara today. Instead, DH will be playing golf, I will be playing with digital art and cooking beef stroganoff for tonight's dinner.

Last night I had to be out in public, so I disguised my hair with a scarf. It looked sort of 70s, but Captain Romance seemed to think I looked pretty foxy! LOL I guess I DID look sort of foxy in the 70s!!!!! ROTF

Roll on! gently!