Oscraps

Daily O's: Friday TGIF Edition Jan 23, 2015

whatnext

geez. is it afternoon already? no? oh, i guess it feels like afternoon because i've been awake, on and off, since 3:38 a.m.!!! :rant: Trudy, if misery loves company, i'm right there with you in Insomnia Land. i should start that "Up in the Middle of the Night" thread that was going on here a while back!! well, at least it's not supposed to snow today, so maybe i'll head out someplace. or maybe the "naaah...." phenomenon will set in and i'll think better of it. will she? won't she? stay tuned!! :pound: this is what passes for excitement during My Life in Winter.

Shar, hoping you're making progress in whatever transferring of data you're doing.mwhy don't you just put everything on some EHDs? i have three massive EHDs with all my scrap and doc stuff on them, with all the same stuff on them.i figure THREE EHDs can't all die at the same time.

Trudy, did you find any beach clothes? beach clothes. i can't even get my head around that concept. :hurt:

Chris, hope you're feeling better and stronger. are you eating well? and staying hydrated? take good care!

Jean, i understand totally about getting obsessive about genealogy. i lived and breathed it when i was working on Hubby's family!

Nancy, you're supposed to get some of that winter storm coming up I 95, right? good luck with that! although i appear to be hearing different forecasts about what to expect out East.

time to get started on Mr. Woodstove. we fought all day yesterday. for some reason, it didn't want to keep a fire burning. i kept having to restart it. what a pain. so. more of the same today, no doubt. :faint2:

have a super Friday! :becky:

Last edited by a moderator:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning. Pain levels are going down which is very nice. I am off the percoset and on Rx Ibuprofen, so that is good. The exhaustion is what is getting me. I woke up and hour ago and am already on my way back to bed after b-fast.

Phyllis I am honestly eating very well, which is pretty impressive as I can revert to my disordered eating easily. My mom made Italian Wedding soup- Trudy, were you there with her? LOL and acini pepe (pronounced in my fam as agini babe heh!) which is beef broth and meat and stewed tomatoes and pasta. I have been living on those, and greek yogurt and apples and lots of water.
Are you still getting snow this weekend? Our forecast looks to be 3-6" mixed in with periods of ice. So happy that I have nowhere to go.

I am going to check out yesterday's thread and do some quick personals. I feel so out of touch. I got today's issue of the HAPS and was happily surprised that we have a new guest designer. So neat!

xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Phyllis- I wish I could find that weather bitch image that I posted a few months ago! That is totally us!! :D

Shar- oh my heart breaks for you about your computer issue. I had a hard drive totally crash a few years ago and my Sexy IT Guy (Gary!! LOL) couldn't save it.I was in tears at that. Then last year I had a virus hijack my browsers and it took a long time getting that off.
I hope that they can fix it quickly.
I love it Coffee= Liquid courage :tea:

Nancy- are you in a snow area or do you think you will get more rain? Hoping just rain for you- although after last Sunday- rain and cold roads might be much worse. So nice that you had a nice chat with your sis and walk with your friend. My idea of exercise is doing a few laps around my kitchen and living room haha!

Phyllis- I hope that the insulation guy fixed the problem for you. I painted my nails after the holidays and when I would type, I would be shocked at seeing my fingers :shock: They didn't feel like "me."

Trudy- will you take me to Mexico too? I would love to be somewhere warm and sunny. I am sorry that I haven't kept up, but when do you leave?

Jean- oh how awesome to be totally immersed in something like that. So happy that you have something to be passionate about.
I am starting to feel just good enough to do something stupid. I read out loud to Gary what could happen to my internal stitches if I overdo it, so he can make sure that I *don't* do something stupid- kind of like having a jailer :pound:

Hi Katy!!! Welcome to the Ooos! This is a wonderful place to chit chat with each other. I need to clear out my ancient ipad too at some point although, ATM it is only being used for solitaire.

Shar- hahahaha!!!!!! IKWYM, but not only is it elements for me-- its Fonts!!!!! I have so many fonts that it frightens me :rofl:

OK< now I am official done. TTYS, and thank you as always for your support. I really and truly hear your voices telling me to go rest and I don't
want to let you down.
::grouphug

whatnext

hi, Katy! i didn't see your post yesterday until now. yes, absolutely stop by here as often as you can. the more, the merrier!

for both you and Shar and anybody else who doesn't do their Apple device cleanup: don't forget to close out all your old screens that are still humming behind the scenes. scroll to the top of your screen, look for the layered squares in the upper right corner, click on it and all your open screens will show up with an "x" on the top left corner. hit that "x" for all open screens to close the pages. you used to be able to just double click the button on the front of your iPad, the open screens would appear, and you'd just swipe them to the top of the screen to close the pages. you can still do that, but it doesn't close the pages. at least it doesn't if you have private browsing enabled. it's a pain. if you haven't closed out your open pages for a while, or ever, you might be shocked to see how many things are open on your device!

whatnext

Chris, what you mentioned is NoT the Italian Wedding Soup i know! mine (ours over at this end of the state, at least,) involves chicken broth, tiny meatballs, acini and escarole or spinach! drat. now i'm hungry for Wedding Soup!

SharLamb

Sharron
!!!!!!! Never knew what that icon was before. Phylis, you are becoming my iPad dudette! Thank you. Yes, I will just be manually moving things to an ehd, but am waiting until Paul can get me going since this is such an invasive bug. He can help me make sure I do it right. He is in the throes of making an offer on a house, plus he somehow feels obligated to meet the requirement Microsoft has of actually going to work.;)

Chris, you are sounding SO much better. Big step to come off the hard stuff. And, oh, I am also a fontaholic, but recovering.

I used to dred going to bed at night because of not sleeping well or long enough, but even worse, having scary, or frustrating, or exhausting dreams. All that has changed the last few months since we got our new bed. Still don't sleep as long as I did in my youth, but so much better and more restful...still some dreaming, but benign.

Spent time studying the Bridge yesterday, and prepping for the big change-over from The Organizer. I added tag words yesterday, and all my supplies are running thru a"registration" process right now (takes hours to accomplish even on my super-fast cpu). I'm so anxious to have this all done, as Romy has honored me by inviting me to be a guest CT member. Cannot WAIT to move ahead with that. I only recently discovered her art, and fell in love. Her style is fresh and exciting--can work with artsy scrapping all the way to traditional.

Wish we all lived inCamalot where the weather is perfect!

nancyr

good morning - It is sunny and bright and should be good today to get out and walk. But yes the snow is coming. I am in the 2-4 inch band and it may get slushy if the temps warm up. But as it is Friday into Saturday not a problem for my family. Made chili last night as I love it but my son does not but he ate it and it was not so bad. LOL I figure if you don't cook you cannot complain. This weekend it the NHL All Star fest. Tonight is the fantasy draft and that should be fun to see. It is just fun TV. Does not require much thinking LOL.

Chris so glad you are just lapping your kitchen and living room. Continue to rest! Outlander is coming to DVD and Blue Ray on March 4th. So I would expect you can get it on Netflix sometime after that.

Phylis clear polish is often my choice! It is the experience that counts! And good luck keeping the home fire burning!

Shar I am so sorry about your computer virus woes! My husband has ruined at least 3 of our computers so now my son and I each have our own and he is not allowed near them!

Trudy glad you got your own lane! Sounds like a fun day of meandering.

Katy welcome to the "Os"! More the merrier!

Have a great day all!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning ladies of the "O"!! It is raining cats and dogs out there and will be all weekend according to the weather guy
weather-rain-smiley.gif
, swimming today and then I think we will just have sub sandwiches for supper tonight. I usually do not have to cook on Friday, it's DH's turn to cook and he usually orders out LOL.

Phylis - thanks again for starting the thread this morning, although I am sorry that you have been awake for so darn long!! I actually had not a bad night and only got up once to use the facilities and then right back to sleep. Hope you don't fight with Mr. Woodstove today, he better behave himself!! Hope you make a decision to get out for a bit, although if the weather is not good its no fun to go anywhere is it!! I did find a nice top yesterday, I was looking for shorts, but there are none to be found, only the very long walking shorts and that is not what I was looking for. Oh well I am only gone for a week, so I really don't need that much in the way of clothing, hoping to live in my bathing suit and cover up. Just need something decent to wear for dinner and I have a few sundresses for that.

Chris - So nice to hear that the pain levels are down!! Happy that you are off the hard drugs and managing with Ibuprofen !! I would love to take you with me to Mexico! I would love to bring everyone here with me, what fun we would have!! Margaritas for all!! Whoopee!!
margarita1-smiley.gif
partu3-smiley.gif
! We will go at the end of the month, and it won't come soon enough!!

Kathy - Welcome to the daily's, yes its a great place to start the day and we would love to have you join us here!!

Shar - I saw that you were asked to CT for Romy!! How wonderful!! I know that you will have lots of fun and sure hope you get your computer back soon so you can start making gorgeous pages for us to see! Are you getting this heavy :rain: where you are too? I would imagine that you are, your weather seems to be pretty much the same as us.

Nancy - How great to see the sun! Hope you get for your walk before the snow starts! I love Chili!! DD's spouse will not eat it, he does not like beans of any kind and she absolutely loves child, so she makes a big batch and freezes it for herself for her lunch. While I was out meandering in the stores the other day, I totally forgot to get some new nail polish to paint my toes :doh: it was one of the main reasons I went shopping!!!
gaah-smiley.gif
I hate when I do that!

So off to swimming again this morning
shark-attack-smiley.gif
and hoping that the pool is vacant again today, what are the odds?? Wonder if there will be any more fights in the pool?
sissy-fight-smiley.gif
Better get something in my stomach and I feel the need for one more cup of coffee too
coffee1-smiley.gif
Wishing you all a great friday!! :wave:

scrap-genie

It's a sunny afternoon here! Looks beautiful, so maybe we can go out briefly. I have work needing doing, but what the heck. Took a break last night to do two LOs for challenges.

Phylis, between not sleeping and fighting Mr. Woodstove you must be really at wit's end. Think we'd both benefit from getting out of the house - at least while we have better weather.

Chris! Hurray for getting off the "hard" stuff. Sure hope you really are feeling better but not battling the "jailor" to do too much too soon. Glad you can stay in not worrying about the weather.

Shar I love your opportunity to guest CT for Romy. Hope you work it out to do despite the computer woes. Sure hope your guy can find the time to fix things!

Nancy, glad you have sun too. Hope you don't get too much snow/slush coming. Is the NHL All Star in Columbus? I still can't get my head around them having an NHL team.

Trudy, I so love all your icons! You are so creative with them. Still drooling at the thought of your vacation destination. Hope the pool was trouble free.

Katy, hope you stop by again.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!