Oscraps

Daily Ooo's Weekend Edition: Jan 17-18

petey111

Wow. I've never been first and started the Ooos!

I'm just sitting here trying to drink some hot tea so that my chest congestion loosens up. I've got class today and a birthday party tonight and then another birthday party tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be feeling fine for it.

Hope everyone has good plans for the weekend. We are supposed to hit 40 degrees today. Heat Wave!!!! I may get the car washed while I can. =)

Have a good day everyone!

mei74

Good morning! I am enjoying a little peace and quiet here. DH took C. out to run some errands. I just finished my ADSR challenges - inspiration hit me on the drive home from work last night! I am getting ready to go to a baby shower in a bit.

Sara - sounds like you have a festive weekend of celebrations! Enjoy yourself. 40 degrees sounds pretty darn warm, doesn't it?

Hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday!

snappy2003

Good morning and Happy Weekend :) O-Fam!

Not much happening around here this weekend. I did go to a neurology appt this past Thursday about my migraines. Like I figured he cut my caffeine out, LOL, so it's water, Sprite, and decaf tea for me...bad part is no chocolate OMG that will be hard.
I have to go for a sleep-deprived EEG and a follow-up MRI, I have a tee-tiny meningioma in my brain that they haven't had a pic of in 2 yrs and it's in the falx region which means the only treatment possible would be radiation if it has grown. So we'll see but I'm not worried :), I'm just tired of headaches!

Sara-hope your chest congestion gets better and that you can get some rest during what sounds like a very busy weekend!

Mary Ellen-Hi, enjoy the peace and quiet and have fun at the baby shower!

I'll stop back in later to see what's up with everyone. ((hugs))

Merkee

Hi Sara...how's it feel being the first? :) Being on the west coast, I am never the first. Hope your congestion goes away and you feel better soon.

Hi Mary Ellen, have fun at the baby shower.

Hi Dawn, those migraines sound awful. Did the doctor say anything about how to combat the caffeine withdrawal? That will cause migraines in itself. ((hugs))

Sorry, I've been scarce. I've been working on a few products, my ct call and just stuff. Hope to have more chatter time real soon.

It's only going to be a high of 63 today...hehehe....As much as I love the warmth, we are so low on our water tables. Where did my winter go? Someone send us some of your rain.

Here's some yummy almond decaf coffee for Dawn and some regular almond flavored for the rest of ya and some cocoa, soda, and juice for anyone that doesn't like coffee.

Have a wonderful weekend!
~M

NicosMommy

Hey girls....

another chilly day, high is at about 11 degrees, we ran put this morning to do a couple of quick errands and then to Babies r us, it was time to move my son out of the infant seat, he'll be one in a couple of weeks! my husband rants and raves about how babies r us is such a money maker and why didnt he think of it! lol i wish he thought of it too!! anyway $200 later........

so hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Nico is napping and im waiting for water to boil to have a nice cup of tea, hope you all get a chance to relax as well. Tonight my husband works and im having a bit of cabin fever these days, so I'm heading to my cousin's house so our boys can play and i can get out for a bit. (I know I know...I'm wild!) :p Hope you all have a fab wknd!!!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Hello! Hello!

Today I am trying to get stuff down around the house it is completely destroyed at the moment and I have a lot of projects going on. My dh took ds to the monster truck show today which is a little weird. Last night some kid got killed when some debris flew way up into the stands. It was a total freak accident but left me and dh a little concerned about going. It was supposed to be the 4 of us but I thought Ethan would have more fun taking a friend. We only had 3 tickets (Addie doesn't really need one yet) so I am staying home with my girl. She is supposed to be sleeping but I hear her in her room. Probably destroying it. No big thing since that is my big project for the weekend. My son has this really cool bed but it just doesn't work in his room so we are taking it out and putting in a simpler bed and decorating his room with an underwater/pirate theme. I think I have mentioned this at least once or twice before.I'm excited to finally be getting that bed out of there. We are working out a deal with the lady who is taking the bed. She has a bigger flat screen tv than we do so we are talking about working out something like that out instead of money, which works for me. I am so tired of hearing about what store has a really good deal on a tv and it is only $2,000 or something like that. Like it is simply pocket money or something like that.

Anyway, I am not doing persoanls today. I need to get moving. Lots to do. I love you all though and I have some zerp calorie cookies and scones for all of you. Loves!!

LindaPete

Happy Weekend everyone! Not much happening around here this weekend. The weather has improved greatly. Actually got above freezing yesterday!

I finished Brisinger - the third book in the Eragon series. The middle was very dry, too many details, but stuff you need to know. Last 200 pages went pretty fast. So now I can dedicate some time to the third Twilight book. I also have Practical Magic waiting for me. I loved that movie and a friend who is in the book business said that the book was fabulous. I'll give it a read and see.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi ladies! I missed all of you yesterday. We were out and about early and by the time we got back I was to exhausted to do anything.

My neighbors always get the kids' C-mas gifts, but this year they wanted to bring them shopping so they could pick out something themselves. We left at 9:30 and got home at 4pm. It was fun but really tiring for us.
We spent the rest of the day on the couch, watching Fringe episodes off of the web.

Caitlyn has a birthday party tonight, but I am not sure I am going to be able to take her. It is near my MIL's, 45 mins away, but it is snowing again and I can't drive these roads on bald tires.
The good news is that the mom might be able to bring Cait down with them -- I hope so!

Other than that, I hope for a quiet day. I think I am getting a cold or soemthing. On top of the normal Lyme crap, I am feeling kind of yucky and tired.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Enjoy the football games if that is your thing. And to everyone who is freezing along with me.... stay warm!

petey111

Hi everyone! My congestion cleared up yesterday and I felt good when I went to class, but by the time I left I felt pretty bad. I'm pretty sure I had a fever. Then we went to a bday party at a resteraunt (by then my Ibuprofen had kicked in and I felt much better). I was dumb and gave Ben a second glass of chocolate milk, which he sucked down in about two minutes and promptly threw up. But he was instantly better. Daddy brought him home and gave him a bath and got him all settled so by the time I got home, he was all better.
Today, I have to go to the grocery store, go to a pizza party resteraunt for a party that I'm not looking forward to all that much and then back to their house for cake. (My sister-in-law is quite difficult to handle and it's her son's party...he's not always terribly fun to be with either.) So we'll see how the day ends up.

ME - Hope you enjoyed your quiet day.
Dawn - I couldn't be with out my tea and chocolate. You're a trooper.
Merkee - 63...I'm jealous.
Kelly - I totally am with you on the BabiesRUs thing. My SIL works there, so sometimes I can get a little discount which is nice. And isn't it funny how our preceptions of night out change?
Clara - Hope the tv switch worked out.
Linda - I am with you on the Brisingr thing. If they had one more fight scene with Roran I was going to give up I think! I also felt that about the first chunk of Inkdeath. Just get moving with the plot already!
Chirs - I hope you are better and that Caitlyn got to her party.

Off to have some breakfast. Lowfat bagels and decaf tea for everyone! TTYL.

sandracvrt

good morning! It's been a busy weekend! Yesterday was Piper's birthday party... she only had 3 friends from her ballet class there and we invited like 10... I was a little disappointed, but with my 3 kids we ended up with 9 children... Piper was so excited about everything she got... she ended up with the Barbie in the Nutcracker doll, 3 dolls from the new Barbie Thumbelina set, Dora and a pegasus doll, another ballet Barbie doll, Barbie as Rapunzel Snip and Style doll, a Barbie dress up dress, a shirt, some My Little Pony, a hair accessories kit, etc... she had quite a haul...

Today we're taking it easy... Gabe was offered the position he interviewed for on Friday... not the ideal situation as he's taking an 8K paycut, and I have no idea how we're going to do that... we knew he would probably have to take one, but I don't think we can afford that much of one... the company had hired a staffing agency to help fill the position, so he'll technically be working for them for the first 30 days... after that the owner has said they can re-evaluate his pay... so we'll see... I guess I should just be grateful he was only without a job for a week... *sigh* how can something be a blessing and a not so good thing at the same time?

Anyway, I'm off... I've got design stuff I need to work on, and I've got to do laundry... I'm so grateful to have electric again! Later on, I'm gonna run out to Michael's for some me time, just to look around... maybe do a little shopping for some new clothes with my Xmas money since the Rascal Flatts show is Friday night... hope everyone has a great day!

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning ladies. It is barely still morning here. We had a very interesting night last night and I am now exhausted. We went to a UFC fight party last night. They had gotten the fight on PPV and had pizza and stuff. We didn't really want to go but we thought we would make an appearance. So we had just walked in the door and our friends, who also didn't really want to be there, showed up a couple of minutes after us. Ethan was standing by the door and when our friend's 6yo walked in Ethan grabbed him around the neck to take him down. Instead of taking his friend down they both went down and landed on top of Ethan and he started crying. So we checked him out and his arm was al ittle weak. Since I have an x-ray machine at my disposal I took a quick picture of his arm where he said it hurt. Well, there was nothing where he said it hurt but upon further checking we saw a fracture a little further up. So we went and got some food and headed off to the ER!! WE got there at about 11 and were out by 3. Not bad. Not quite what I planned for the evening but he's going to be okay. WE were only at the party for 5 minutes. Crazy!!

Sara - I hope you start feeling better soon. Sickness can be a good reason not to make it to a birthday party though, especially when you don't want to be there anyway.

ME - I hope you were able to get your ADSR stuff done. It seems like it was stressing you out a little to not have time to do it.

Dawn - I hope your migraines get better soon. That doesn't sound like any fun at all.

Hi Merkee! I hope you had a good weekend.

Kelly - I hope you enjoyed your few minutes of calm and had a good night out.

Linda - Enjoy Practical Magic (after Twilight of course). I enjoyed the book. It is nothing like the movie. I mean somewhat but the storyline is a lot different. But it was a fun read.

Chris - I hope you feel better. The pre-sicky stuff sucks. I hope it goes away quickly. That sounds like a busy day for me and I don't have any issues that make me more tired than normal so I am really glad you guys had a good time out and about anyway.

Sandra - everything will work itself out with Gabe's pay and everything. Waiting for things to work out is always so hard.

I hope you all had a great weekend.

mei74

Hey ladies, hope you are all enjoying the weekend. I know that I am knowing that I have Monday and Tuesday off! :) Today's been low key - just grocery shopping and then the gym. The baby shower yesterday was a really good time - my friend is having a girl, and she got the cutest things. Lots of oohing and ahhing over how cute it all was. We played Baby Bingo, and I won the final round so I got a little manicure kit. Lucky me! Fun!

Clara - glad that Ethan is okay. Get some rest today!

Okay, I've got to scoot and make dinner.