Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, March 5

tropt

Happy mid-week, everyone!

Stayed up late Tues night waiting for DD to return from the airport with our guests. It'll be a busy day of cooking, hosting our guests, confirming plans for their visit and go over the last plans for the video shoot. Lunch - simple penne with sauce, cooked veggies, fresh veggie tray and dessert. DD is still hurting but trying to hobble around :crutch:so we did school online with her friend/classmate. And, most importantly, (drum roll, please) da da da da da da DAA! Our guest brought the bitter spray so ZLS won't keep chewing on the furniture! Pooor ZLS - she won't know what happened to all that tasty furniture. LOL!

What about you? How is your Wed going? :)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Tee-hee, poor ZLS!!!! We tried bitter apple with one of our pets- can't remember which one, and it did nothing. I also tried hot sauce at one point. Again-- no luck.

This is just a quick check in, I am not as in much pain as yesterday so that is really good. Just tired.

Hope that you are all doing great!!
love you!

petey111

T - I hope everything goes well with your visit!! Sounds like you have a lot going on. Hope DD feels better soon!

Chris - I'm glad you are well enough to check in. Please remember this is going to take weeks for you to heal though... not just a few days. :)

Wednesday is fine. Trying to decide what to give up for Lent, as it starts today. Us Catholics you know...we torture ourselves. Not that we are the best about going to church, but I'm trying to teach my son the basics so that he can decide what he believes when he gets older.

A lot of people popped in yesterday! Hi everyone!

Trudy - Did your sister make it?

Nancy - How was the hockey?

And Eva - Girl.....a caffeinated drip?? Wow! That's crazy! I can't imagine they would do that very often!

I have to get ready for work...so everyone else....HI!!!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I just did a HUGE thing ... well, huge for me anyway. :) I hate the phone. I really do. I avoid calling as much as possible - but today it had to be done (I've put it up for days). I called the hotel in Manchester! So not did I just make a phone call - I made a phone call in English. I know you think my English is good - but that cuz you haven't heard me speak it. LOL You get so little practice in talking English really.

Any way, we needed to check with the hotel if it was possible for the three of us to share a room, like we did last year. The thing is, John is 16 now, and hence considered an adult (bah!), and they have a rule of only two adults in one room at this hotel. There's NO WAY I'm going to the UK and not keep total control of my son LOL We really liked this hotel last year, and it's like a 2 minute walk to the venue, so we'd really hate to look at another hotel. I'm very happy to say they ok it.

I played the Asperger card, not that it's a total lie. He has Asperger's + he wouldn't be able to live alone in a hotel room. He needs reminding of personal hygien and things like that. But mainly, he's a bit naive/gullible and could end up in strange situations. If they hadn't agreed, we'd had to look for another hotel - more expensive.

Now we can start planning the trip properly. We had such a fantastic time last year, and so look forward to get back there. Manchester is a fantastic town. I fell in love immediately.

tanteva

And Eva - Girl.....a caffeinated drip?? Wow! That's crazy! I can't imagine they would do that very often!

No, I think it's only when they do a mistake with the anaesthetic. It was the headache from hell I tell you. Felt like you had a helmet of lead pushing down on your head, squeezing it.

nancyr

good morning and for me today will be a fun day. My hockey team defeated the Detroit Redwings by scoring a goal in the last min of the game. AWESOME! And today is the trade deadline - at 3pm all trades must be completed. Canada is more hockey crazy than me and today on TSN in Canada they started at 8am and will go until 3pm talking about trades. So fun to have on in the background. Yesterday big trades came down and more expected today. For the Devils it is if we keep our legendary goalie Martin Brodeur. Tonight at the Rock there will be a charity game between Team NHL and Team Russia for a young New Jersey hockey player whose neck was broken. Last night at the game the Devils gave $25K to the family. So I will be going to that. I enjoy seeing alumni play.

Chris glad the pain is decreasing but you still need to take it easy.

Tropt - glad you daughter is feeling better. Have fun with your visitors. Sounds like it will be so busy and fun!

Trudy sorry to see you are getting so much rain. Is it needed? We have had some pretty dry summers so for us getting all this snow should really help fill up our reservoirs.

Sara so not only does Lent start but just realized that daylight savings happens this weekend. I remember with my sons trying to get them to understand they had to give up something.

Eva I hate talking on the phone too so congrats to picking up that phone and getting it done. So glad the hotel was will to accommodate your needs.

So fun seeing so many drop in give - waving hi!

Have a a great day all!

Andrea C.

Good morning all! Sitting here at the doc appointment getting my treatment for this week. Never here too long but always time to play online for a bit :) This is my second of three doctor appointments today. Will be glad when they are all done, going to have to go shopping or something in between two of them because there are a couple of hours but I'm armed with my Barnes and Nobles gift card that I haven't spent yet, might as well go there today :) Tonight I'm going out with my fourteen year old for dinner and I let him choose where even though it's my birthday :p I can enjoy food anywhere so I wanted to make sure he enjoyed it too. Brent has to make a trip to the funeral parlor so he and I will have to celebrate tomorrow!

Chris - I'm glad all went well with the surgery and that your pain is a little better today! Huge Hugs to you!

Eva - I don't think I've ever even heard of giving a caffeinated drip and I've handled about every drip I can so it's definitely a rarity :)

Sorry I don't have my tabs open to remember everything else on here, LOL! Hope you all are having a great day so far, gonna go give the gallery some loving now!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning all! Yes another very :rain: day!! But its all good, we had such a dry fall and winter that this rain is a blessing!! Our snow is all gone now and hopefully it stays that way!!

T - How nice that your company arrived safely! Hope your DD is feeling better! Keeping my fingers crossed that the spray works for your puppy's chewing issues! Lunch sounds wonderful!! Wish I could come and join you! Enjoy your day with your guests!

Chris - Nice of you to check in with us! Hope that you are taking good care of yourself and be before you know it you will be right as rain!! Do you have lots of good reading to do while you are taking it easy? Thinking of you my friend and hope that you will heal quickly!

Sara - Thanks for the comment on my Quote Challenge page! I can't believe you have not read the thorn birds!! You really should, they made a mini series out of it, but of course the book is so much better!! No my sister did not make it again yesterday, but she is coming for sure this afternoon, it will be great to catch up with her, its been way too long since we have seen each other.

Eva - Good for you for making the call to the hotel! I am sure I could never have done it in another language, mostly because the only other language I sort of speak is French, and I only know a couple of words :becky: I would be totally lost!!! It's wonderful that they are letting you all stay in the same room for your vacation! As for playing the Aspergers Card?? So what, you do what you gotta do!! I hope you all have a wonderful time in Manchester!!

Nancy - Yes the trades are on all day today, hubby wishes he could stay home and watch it!! We are a crazy hockey loving bunch here in Canada and everyone's workplace will have a tv or radio or something on to listen to what happens before the deadline. DH is waiting for the Bruins to pick up a good Defence man, but nothing so far. Can't believe the Canucks traded Luongo and got nothing in return?? And still have to pay 15% of his wage until his contract is up!! They must have really wanted him gone!! Anyway, enjoy the day and have fun at the charity game, such a good cause!!

Ok I need breakfast and then I have bathrooms to clean, YIPPEEE!! :bored: Hope you all have a more exciting day planned then I do!! :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Andrea - we posted at the same time :wave: Hope you find something wonderful at Barnes and Nobles! :gossip: like I was telling Sara, The Thorn Birds is an awesome book!! LOL
Enjoy your dinner with your fourteen year old!

Andrea C.

I just ordered eight books off Amazon this weekend so it's not like I really need anymore :whistle::nerd:

janedee

Good morning everyone! We're back from a wonderful week on the Big Island of Hawaii. I'm hoping to get this trip scrapped fairly soon, not like some of our others! Its snowing like crazy here this morning, so I'm putting off my grocery shopping until it clears.

Andrea - I don't think its about "need" where books are concerned! Have a great dinner out with your son.

Trudy - Have fun with your sister - how great to get a chance to catch up together. We were amazed to see the Canucks had finally traded Luongo too. They've been talking about it for long enough. Certainly doesn't seem like they got much but maybe there's some potential there.

Chris - great to see you checking in. Hope everyone is running around looking after you so you can rest.

tanteva

I just ordered eight books off Amazon this weekend so it's not like I really need anymore :whistle::nerd:

One always need new books! I think we have something like 2500-3000 books now. Been a while since I tried to estimate it.

whatnext

OK. here's me, at last. my Aunt is in the hospital, not doing very well, and i'm trying to make arrangements to go see her. my cuz (her son) is in from Alberta, so it'll be nice to see him again, too. whew. i'm down to only two aunts left on earth, and this one is one of my faves.

Chris, get back in bed. like RIGHT NOW!! :rant: i know what you're up to.... :twitch: hope you're feeling as well as possible, Faery. smooches.
love-shower-smiley.gif

T, sound like you've got some busy days ahead! good luck with the chewing doggie stuff. my German Shepherd once chewed through my piano's leg when i tried to keep him barricaded in the kitchen. the door opened just enough for him to get his face through, and right there was my piano....
no-no-smiley.gif

Nancy, anything happen with Brodeur?? it seems unbelievable that they'd trade him at this point. what's going on?

Sara, this is what i always thought. in order to find what you believe in, you have to at least have something to deviate FROM!
I'm trying to teach my son the basics so that he can decide what he believes when he gets older.

Jane! Hawaii!! lucky you. you picked the PERFECT time to be out of the continental US and on a beach!!

Eva, i love how you maneuvered yourself into the hotel you wanted. perfect!! have a great time.

Trudy, your day sounds a lot like mine. except mine is ironing dress shirts. :puke: it's so nice that you like your sister so much. it makes having a sister SO much nicer when you like her. the jury is still out with my sisters and me....

Andrea, ABSOLUTELY read the Thorn Birds. it's a great one!

time to iron. :faint2: see y'all tomorrow. :becky:

LaurieW

lOve the O!
evening all - I was going to spend a quiet day at home- after church service this am, however I found out my friend had today off, not tomorrow and I had wanted to head to visit her and ikea. So I was spontaneous and enjoyed time shopping and snapping a few pics of her daughters that were not in school. I now have more furniture for my basement craft room and am headed to put it together. Tomorrow I clean and craft!