Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, March 27

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi there! How are you all today?

Guess what? Headphones don't work when your parents are bickering non-stop. Non. Freaking. Stop. :( It makes me so sad.

On a good note, Scott called around noon to see if I was up to having him and Sam over for dinner. They planned to go out with Tom and Cait but those two preferred to stay in. Of course, I would love to have everyone over for dinner.:D I was thrilled and grateful to have everyone around the table to eat and play Pictionary afterward. Scott is becoming a really good cook and he surprised me by making vegan rice balls. They looked beautiful and symmetrical (!!) so I thought they were pre-made/frozen. When he said that he made them, I put my foot in my mouth by being incredulous. :footinmouth:
I have wanted to make rice balls but the directions always sound so complicated that I never gave them a try. he admitted that the first time he made them he had trouble getting them to not crumble but he has it figured out now. I'm going to ask him for the recipe, always good to have a dietary-adaptable recipe.

I have to pick up my groceries this morning and after that, I got nothing... There is plenty of stuff I should do but nothing that I want to do.
Scrap maybe? I feel very far behind on that stuff. I should clean a little here too. It's going to rain on and off all day so I can't even get outside. Blergh...

Can I ask for good thoughts for my BFF? She is having a breast ultrasound recheck today and she is really anxious about it. Her Dr saw something 6 months ago that they wanted to monitor. They didn't think it was anything to be concerned about but wanted to be on top of it if it changed. I offered to go with her but she said she was ok. (Narrator voice: She is not ok. ) Add her to my ever-growing pile of worry. :/

Love to you all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes So relieved that you don't have Covid and are starting to feel better. Do you want some more virtual chicken soup? It is coming your way, get your spoon and bowl ready!
Oh no, that's awful news about SIL having a 2nd stroke. I guess his doctor will monitor him more closely now. I bet that DD#2 is glad to have DD#3 help her out and lend support. Your family is such a wonderful group of people, you can tell how much they care about everyone.
Sending hugs to all of your clan!

@bcgal00 With all of your purging, it's amazing that you have anything left in the house! LOL! You are going to have so much a great time with the birding group and the nature group. I am jealous! I know that you are going to have incredible pictures to share.I am going to have to make a point of stalking your FB page so they will show up in my feed.
Is anyone else super-frustrated by the number of ads and recommended pages in their feeds?

@vickyday Would you be shocked that when I got home yesterday I heard banging and power drill sounds coming from the new living room? Caitlyn's new desk was delivered and Gary was putting it together for her. Kooky man!
Ugh--- same here, the sump pump has been going off for what seems like weeks and weeks lately. No sooner does my basement dry up, it rains again.
You must have been exhausted yesterday after the full day at the Bible conference on Monday. But I bet it was a soul-satisfying type of tired. Hope you aren't physically tired after all of the housework you did.

@Cherylndesigns How are you and Daisy doing today? I wish I could give you both some big hugs and treats. Species-appropriate treats of course. Unless Dasiy likes cupcakes and you like Milk-Bone LOL
You are so very blessed to have Ava and Adrienne living so close. Your entire family has to bring you so much comfort.
Hope that Adrienne is feeling better and is up to doing magpie chatter with you.
I have no idea how much they are, but if you are going to be cooking tofu regularly, I recommend getting a tofu press. I used to do the "wrap the tofu and put a cast iron skillet on top to let it drain" routine. Tom got a press for Christmas and he lets me use it. What a difference! The tofu cooks up so much crisper with that.
I have made honey-sesame tofu, bang-bang tofu, lemon and herb tofu-- I'll post them in the vegetarian recipe thread ASAP.
Check with Eva too - she does some amazing dinners with tofu. Just ignore her advice on ketchup. :ketchup: :sick:
@tanteva

Rae-- I love your Bowls! That might be a good route for me to take once Tom is having dinner more regularly with us. Prep the ingredients and then let everyone make their own. Do you have a blog/recipe site where you get your bowl ideas from?

I love this group and we all help each other. You rock!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hi there! How are you all today?

Guess what? Headphones don't work when your parents are bickering non-stop. Non. Freaking. Stop. :( It makes me so sad.

On a good note, Scott called around noon to see if I was up to having him and Sam over for dinner. They planned to go out with Tom and Cait but those two preferred to stay in. Of course, I would love to have everyone over for dinner.:D I was thrilled and grateful to have everyone around the table to eat and play Pictionary afterward. Scott is becoming a really good cook and he surprised me by making vegan rice balls. They looked beautiful and symmetrical (!!) so I thought they were pre-made/frozen. When he said that he made them, I put my foot in my mouth by being incredulous. :footinmouth:
I have wanted to make rice balls but the directions always sound so complicated that I never gave them a try. he admitted that the first time he made them he had trouble getting them to not crumble but he has it figured out now. I'm going to ask him for the recipe, always good to have a dietary-adaptable recipe.

I have to pick up my groceries this morning and after that, I got nothing... There is plenty of stuff I should do but nothing that I want to do.
Scrap maybe? I feel very far behind on that stuff. I should clean a little here too. It's going to rain on and off all day so I can't even get outside. Blergh...

Can I ask for good thoughts for my BFF? She is having a breast ultrasound recheck today and she is really anxious about it. Her Dr saw something 6 months ago that they wanted to monitor. They didn't think it was anything to be concerned about but wanted to be on top of it if it changed. I offered to go with her but she said she was ok. (Narrator voice: She is not ok. ) Add her to my ever-growing pile of worry. :/

Love to you all!
AWW! So sorry your parents' bickering ruined your time with them yesterday! But the day ended on a good note, right? I love that your kids are close enough to want to spend time with you!
Sorry your BFF has to go through the recheck. It's enough to make you anxious, for sure! Glad they are keeping a check on whatever they saw! Praying for a positive outcome!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes So relieved that you don't have Covid and are starting to feel better. Do you want some more virtual chicken soup? It is coming your way, get your spoon and bowl ready!
Oh no, that's awful news about SIL having a 2nd stroke. I guess his doctor will monitor him more closely now. I bet that DD#2 is glad to have DD#3 help her out and lend support. Your family is such a wonderful group of people, you can tell how much they care about everyone.
Sending hugs to all of your clan!

@bcgal00 With all of your purging, it's amazing that you have anything left in the house! LOL! You are going to have so much a great time with the birding group and the nature group. I am jealous! I know that you are going to have incredible pictures to share.I am going to have to make a point of stalking your FB page so they will show up in my feed.
Is anyone else super-frustrated by the number of ads and recommended pages in their feeds?

@vickyday Would you be shocked that when I got home yesterday I heard banging and power drill sounds coming from the new living room? Caitlyn's new desk was delivered and Gary was putting it together for her. Kooky man!
Ugh--- same here, the sump pump has been going off for what seems like weeks and weeks lately. No sooner does my basement dry up, it rains again.
You must have been exhausted yesterday after the full day at the Bible conference on Monday. But I bet it was a soul-satisfying type of tired. Hope you aren't physically tired after all of the housework you did.

@Cherylndesigns How are you and Daisy doing today? I wish I could give you both some big hugs and treats. Species-appropriate treats of course. Unless Dasiy likes cupcakes and you like Milk-Bone LOL
You are so very blessed to have Ava and Adrienne living so close. Your entire family has to bring you so much comfort.
Hope that Adrienne is feeling better and is up to doing magpie chatter with you.
I have no idea how much they are, but if you are going to be cooking tofu regularly, I recommend getting a tofu press. I used to do the "wrap the tofu and put a cast iron skillet on top to let it drain" routine. Tom got a press for Christmas and he lets me use it. What a difference! The tofu cooks up so much crisper with that.
I have made honey-sesame tofu, bang-bang tofu, lemon and herb tofu-- I'll post them in the vegetarian recipe thread ASAP.
Check with Eva too - she does some amazing dinners with tofu. Just ignore her advice on ketchup. :ketchup: :sick:
@tanteva

Rae-- I love your Bowls! That might be a good route for me to take once Tom is having dinner more regularly with us. Prep the ingredients and then let everyone make their own. Do you have a blog/recipe site where you get your bowl ideas from?

I love this group and we all help each other. You rock!
I agree! I love this group and how everyone is so willing to help everyone else!
No, I'm not shocked that Gary put Caitlyn's desk together for her, his baby girl!
Yes, same for us. As soon as the basement dries up it rains again! It started again late yesterday afternoon and has been raining all night and still is! I'm glad I got the laundry done before it started! It sure has my sinuses and back aching and headachey! I'm on a heating pad and making it a pj day!
Yes, the exhaustion was a good exhaustion from the Bible conference! However, now that I'm thinking about it, the back ache may partially be do to all of the laundry, sweeping, etc. I did yesterday! Another good reason to make this a pj day! ;)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Rain, Rain, Go Away! My sinuses are a mess and causing a nice headache today! And my back is achey, but that might be partially due to the laundry and housework I did yesterday. Anyway, I'm making this a pj day with my heating pad! ;)

I was supposed to go to Ilene's today, but I'm going to have to postpone that. I'm waiting on her to call as she has been sleeping a little later lately.

No other plans for the day. Maybe catch up on some reading.....actual reading instead of audio booking it.....but there will probably be some of that, too!

Hope everyone has a great day! :bye2:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Really slept in today... after 8AM when I finally woke up!! Got my fingers crossed .... no headache or temp!!! Not ready to tackle anything strenuous but think I am over 'whatever it was'. I had to go to the Post Office and library yesterday and it started sleeting/snowing on the way there. It was 42* so it melted as it hit the ground. Dropped off the mail and the library books and came right back home. I see the Cable Company trucks are in the area. Looks like they are starting to connect lines to the houses now. Guess we will have another choice as to cable/internet providers soon.

I called a couple of cousins on mother's side of the family yesterday to let them know about brother-in-law's death and to see how they were doing. Cousin in Texas let me know her brother who has cancer is failing. He had chosen to not do chemo once he was diagnosed last year. Our families grew up together - more like brothers and sisters - so the bond is very close. My heart is aching for him and the family during this difficult time. I wanted to call him but his sister said he could barely speak now. She said she would give him my love. She has her own health issues but has managed to travel the 3 hours to see him every month. So I am prepared to hear that he has passed on soon.

On the good side... DSon#1 and wife should be arriving in Las Vegas, NV today. They will be traveling here in the next couple of days. That is a real boost to my spirits. And the weather is suppose to be warming up back to "normal" - into the high 60's and low '70s!!! I need to get the laundry done before they arrive as the hamper is over-flowing. Time to get dressed and start on that. Back later for personals.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@tanteva
Who is crazy now? Even coming up with the idea of ketchup on tofu! :crazy:

Oops - scratch that - did a FANTASTIC tofu dish a couple of weeks ago - and it's ketchup in the marinade/sauce. Here's a layout I did (sorry non O-designers):
KoreanFriedTofu.jpg
The tofu is crispy & totally divine. The recipe is here: https://yipin.se/recept/korean-fried-tofu/
It's in Swedish, but if Google translate doesn't work or you wonder about anything - just ask.
It's the best tofu I've ever had.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Who is crazy now? Even coming up with the idea of ketchup on tofu! :crazy:

Oops - scratch that - did a FANTASTIC tofu dish a couple of weeks ago - and it's ketchup in the marinade/sauce. Here's a layout I did (sorry non O-designers):
View attachment 415660
The tofu is crispy & totally divine. The recipe is here: https://yipin.se/recept/korean-fried-tofu/
It's in Swedish, but if Google translate doesn't work or you wonder about anything - just ask.
It's the best tofu I've ever had.
Eva, you heard the "Bat Signal"! This looks amazing - what a gorgeous layout! I'm not sure I'm cooking mine correctly, but it tastes good. I'm going to look at these recipes - thank you so much. I fixed tofu last night and just sauteed it in olive oil. It was it wasn't very thick, so I just broke it up in the pan and then added some onions, and dill. I really have no idea what I'm doing, but I really like the taste - always have. I love ketchup too, BTW. :ketchup::ketchup:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good morning all,

Wow, ask and ye shall receive - bowl ingrediants from Rae @bcgal00 and a beautiful layout and tofu recipes from Eva @tanteva it's a Red Letter Day! I fixed tofu last night, but maybe I need to look into a press, Chris @faerywings I'm not sure I understand what they do, but I'll look into it. I've just been fixing mine like any other meat (I know it's not meat) but it doesn't take very long. When I was getting those food boxes, some of them were already in little squares that you just popped out of the pack. I looked on TikTok for tofu recipes, but they were those crazy ones that they just fly through the process. I'll look again - Adrienne gets the best recipes off of there - other things; she doesn't eat tofu.

It's 47 right now going up to 57 and beautiful. Good for my spirits. Before I forget, I love this group too. I love the support we all give each other.

Vicky @vickyday sorry your sinuses are killing you and your back hurts. Rain, rain, rain will do that. Get some eucalyptus essential oil and put a few drops in a humidifier if you have one. Or put it in your bathwater. I just order a good-sized live plant yesterday so I'll have it on hand for the "sickies". It's wonderful for clearing your sinuses.

Chris @faerywings sorry about your bickering parents. Geesh even with your headphones on you could hear it. Maybe a Meditation Play List would take you away when you go over there to clean. LOL Probably not. Those rice balls sound yummy and I'll look for the recipe. Yes, I am blessed to have my family around. Ava's sick now too. She must have what Adrienne has. I told them to stay away. Whatever they have, I don't want it. They're really good about not coming around me when they're sick. We always worried more about Chuck, but I don't want to take any chances either. Ava's completely plugged up, so that prompted me to order the eucalyptus plant. I ordered some essential oil too while I was at it.

I'm going to TRY to get to the UPS store today. I have a couple of packages to mail out. Adrienne thinks she'll be up to going out today (I hope she's ok) but we all try to go together since it's a trip into town and one of us always needs something. Nobody goes into town w/o letting the others know. Even Aly calls most days to see if any of us need anything on her way home. She works in town. The roads are so congested - they're doing lots of construction and finally got a round about done at a major intersection. That's been an experience - lots of honking and "gesturing" if you know what I mean. The traffic just continues to get worse and worse in this little town. We don't know where it's all coming from.

Well, I promised one more designer that I'd do a Color Play for her. I THINK I'm only at 5 this month. I may have counted wrong. I don't like to not get them posted on the first day for them.

Happy Wednesday and HAGD. Hugs to all.

;

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

Wow, ask and ye shall receive - bowl ingrediants from Rae @bcgal00 and a beautiful layout and tofu recipes from Eva @tanteva it's a Red Letter Day! I fixed tofu last night, but maybe I need to look into a press, Chris @faerywings I'm not sure I understand what they do, but I'll look into it. I've just been fixing mine like any other meat (I know it's not meat) but it doesn't take very long. When I was getting those food boxes, some of them were already in little squares that you just popped out of the pack. I looked on TikTok for tofu recipes, but they were those crazy ones that they just fly through the process. I'll look again - Adrienne gets the best recipes off of there - other things; she doesn't eat tofu.

It's 47 right now going up to 57 and beautiful. Good for my spirits. Before I forget, I love this group too. I love the support we all give each other.

Vicky @vickyday sorry your sinuses are killing you and your back hurts. Rain, rain, rain will do that. Get some eucalyptus essential oil and put a few drops in a humidifier if you have one. Or put it in your bathwater. I just order a good-sized live plant yesterday so I'll have it on hand for the "sickies". It's wonderful for clearing your sinuses.

Chris @faerywings sorry about your bickering parents. Geesh even with your headphones on you could hear it. Maybe a Meditation Play List would take you away when you go over there to clean. LOL Probably not. Those rice balls sound yummy and I'll look for the recipe. Yes, I am blessed to have my family around. Ava's sick now too. She must have what Adrienne has. I told them to stay away. Whatever they have, I don't want it. They're really good about not coming around me when they're sick. We always worried more about Chuck, but I don't want to take any chances either. Ava's completely plugged up, so that prompted me to order the eucalyptus plant. I ordered some essential oil too while I was at it.

I'm going to TRY to get to the UPS store today. I have a couple of packages to mail out. Adrienne thinks she'll be up to going out today (I hope she's ok) but we all try to go together since it's a trip into town and one of us always needs something. Nobody goes into town w/o letting the others know. Even Aly calls most days to see if any of us need anything on her way home. She works in town. The roads are so congested - they're doing lots of construction and finally got a round about done at a major intersection. That's been an experience - lots of honking and "gesturing" if you know what I mean. The traffic just continues to get worse and worse in this little town. We don't know where it's all coming from.

Well, I promised one more designer that I'd do a Color Play for her. I THINK I'm only at 5 this month. I may have counted wrong. I don't like to not get them posted on the first day for them.

Happy Wednesday and HAGD. Hugs to all.

;
I do love the smell of eucalyptus! Are they hardy plants? If they are going to live with me, they better be! I have a small diffuser that plugs in. You add water and the oil to it. Think that will work?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
I do love the smell of eucalyptus! Are they hardy plants? If they are going to live with me, they better be! I have a small diffuser that plugs in. You add water and the oil to it. Think that will work?
It's supposed to be one of the best scents to open up stuffy noses and heads. I'm planning on putting my plant outside, though I'd love to have one inside too. They keep the air purified. It said indoor/outdoor, so I'm going to leave mine inside until I know it's warm enough.

PS: is it hard to grow? I've never tried growing a plant before but have bought the sprigs and kept them for years. You can buy them in the craft stores and I'm sure Amazon has them. That might be your best bet. For outdoors, it depends on what growing zone you're in. We're right on the edge of the "hardiness zone" - just a hair above it, so it's pretty temperate here. You're probably in at least zone 8. I'll let you know. LOL

Last edited:

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu

Just happened to get a link to this in the newsletter today. The tofu press she recommends is the same one I have. It's so good.