Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, June 9

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, everyone!

We are still in the hot and humid weather pattern and it makes me so happy. The only downside is when the t-storms come through and that is not really a bad thing for my plants. I was bummed when I was trying to clean the area under my hedges yesterday and the thunder had been rolling for an hour when it started to rain. I had only been out for a half-hour or so and got nothing accomplished. I had planted ferns under the hedges last year and they are starting to spread. The hedges are some pine-needle-y type so nothing grows there, it is usually a mix of dried needles and dirt. However, the ferns are doing awesome there. They only need a bit of help with some transplanting so they fill in the entire area.

After I came in, I worked on a page for the Collab challenge. It is a picture of W after she went swimming in the lake two summers ago. We didn't get to take her last summer and if we are going this year, we better do it before the algae bloom hits. I know last year I kept thinking that I wanted to do this or that and never got my act together. I better get more organized this summer so I don't regret the time passing me by.

I am cleaning this afternoon so my plans this morning are to pay some bills and tidy the house/run laundry. Figure out dinner! Same old, same old, same old. ;)

Have fun today!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva that was how it was yesterday here for a long time until the black clouds pushed in. I also did the same, computer on, computer off. Puter back on...

@felis he was very friendly, so he might have been prince!
Oh, you are amazing, that Youtube channel looks incredible.
this one is perfect for me!
I subscribed. I appreciate the link so much, I can see so many topics that will be helpful.
@tanteva all this is awesome, BUT I have friend that live in Stockholm, so could you please describe your winter season for Chris! :p ;)
When I told my family my plans, they said the same, and I replied- at least in Sweden I could afford therapy to help me get over it Hahaha!!!!

@tanteva Those alcohol prices aren't that expensive either. I don't know what kinds of prices/taxes are imported in other states but this is an ad for the supermarket around the corner from me:
1623239358606.png

I drink wine from a box. It is cheaper and better for the environment/less packaging! :p

@felis How exciting to get all of that yarn! Please share some pics of it all! I don't much in abundance ATM, other than canned soups and dog fur dust, so my feelings of overload are a bit different :D Thanks for petting your cats for me.

@bcgal00 The dog park is amazing! That is what I need for my dogs. I never know how they are going to react to other dogs and I really need a quieter area to do training off leash. But there's only one dog park by me and it is basically just a fenced area. Better than nothing, for sure.
Remi seems to be doing really well, do you have to do any more medical testing for her?
I will look for Lisa Jackson's books, next time I am in the library.

@nancyr How awesome to talk to your boys, sounds like they are hanging in with the heat. I bet Livie's games have been canceled a lot this week, did you get more storms yesterday? We did, on and off all afternoon.
I don't "get" racing personally but it has to be interesting to watch the behind-the-scenes stuff.
ITA-- Americans are, generally speaking, brought up in the tradition of individuality over social connectivity.
Eva-- are your nature keepers the ones who are in charge of "raking the forests" during wildfire season? hahaha!!
(please tell me that Swedes have heard that and laugh!)

Time for me to get my day started. xoxoxo

felis

@felis How exciting to get all of that yarn! Please share some pics of it all!
OMG, thank you so much for asking and gave me excuse to not looks like as boasting! :D :cool: The colors are much more bright on real as my phone sucks at inside photos!
yarn.jpg

I'm glad that you liked the youtube channel!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@felis Have you checked out https://www.yarn-paradise.com/ ? I'm not 100% sure how it works with customs these days, but at least when I bought yarn from there last, no customs where added. Guess you have to check if they ship to your country. It's a Turkish site, and the yarn is cheap and great quality.

(Haven't been shopping from there for a couple of years ... well, because it's Turkey ...)

tanteva

Doing a 24 hr blood pressure test today - The darn machine is on me all time, and tests BP every 30 minutes. Yay - sleeping tonight will be FUN. No, it's not that bad really, done it before, and you get used to it. Got to the dr's this morning to get the machine, at 9.30, just as I had written in my phone calendar. Turned out the appointment was 11.30. Trust me, to mix up time and numbers! Anyway, they were nice, and gave me the machine anyway, so I didn't have to go back later.

Then I was to the store to see if my parcel had arrived. Hadn't gotten any text, but I figured it must be there, enough time had passed. And it was there. Turned out, I had given the company the wrong phone number. Me and numbers, right? LOL Now you know why I keep telling everyone I'm 28yo. LOL

Dinner today will be tofu and veggies fried up in sesame oil & soy sauce. & rice. It's about time to start chopping veggies.

And no Chris @faerywings I have no idea what you are joking about. Oh, and there's no liquor/wine/beer in our "supermarkets around the corner" (in fact, I don't even have a supermarket LOL) - Alcohol can only be bought in the special stores, run by the government. (Or from your "crafty neighbor" ;))

I barely drink alcohol at all. Like once or maybe twice a year. All I need is Pepsi Max Lime (googled ... seems to be called Pepsi Black in the US??? And I don't find the lime flavoured one?)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
super quick-- Eva, last year (was it last year or the one before, I have no sense of time anymore) DT said that the reason why Sweden doesn't get wildfires like a lot of the USA does is that they rake the forests.
Nope-- I looked for a link and it wasn't Sweden it was Finland.
Sorry!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I was working on the computer yesterday morning, when I realized my lips were numb. Took the Blood Pressure and it was up - 149/89!!! Yikes. Then realized that I had not been drinking much water the last couple of days and I was dehydrated. The numb lips has been a warning sign the BP is up ever since the BP went crazy over a year ago. Our temps are now in the mid-to-high 90's for the last several days and looks like they will stay up there for the coming week/weeks. We are also on weather alert due to the smoke from the fires in AZ... so bad that we can't see the mountain right outside of town. So now I am pushing water and staying inside. Unfortunately, I do have to go to the store today. Will definitely be wearing the mask to help filter the smoke. Not able to open the house up to get the cool morning temps in due to the smoke - so guess the A/C will finally come on later this afternoon. It hasn't been on yet this season as I do a lot of light/heat control with blinds/drapes closed in the late afternoons. And I have ceiling fans that keep the air moving.

Chris, I think you will enjoy Lisa Jackson's books. She is one of my authors that I collect. Must have at least 20 of her books. I really need to straighten out a couple of the bookcases and get the books sorted by author in them. When I was going to the books sales (before Covid) I would just put the books wherever I could find space on the shelves. And I need to get the titles added to my book inventory. I have ended up buying a few of the books twice because my list wasn't up-to-date.

Felis, beautiful yarns! Thanks for showing us a photo of them.

Eva, so sorry you had mixed up numbers/time to be at the doctor's to get the BP harness. Glad they were able to fit you in so you didn't have to make another trip. Yes, it is a pain to wear it for 24 hours but it does give them a better reading on how your BP is doing.

Have a few chores to do around the house - then run my errands before it gets too hot. CYl

tanteva

super quick-- Eva, last year (was it last year or the one before, I have no sense of time anymore) DT said that the reason why Sweden doesn't get wildfires like a lot of the USA does is that they rake the forests.
Nope-- I looked for a link and it wasn't Sweden it was Finland.
Sorry!
The reason we don't get fires here (we do but not as much or as big) is because we're freezing our a#¤es off :D And Finland doesn't get it because there's ALWAYS a lake in the way for the fire to spread. LOL

tanteva

Eva, so sorry you had mixed up numbers/time to be at the doctor's to get the BP harness. Glad they were able to fit you in so you didn't have to make another trip. Yes, it is a pain to wear it for 24 hours but it does give them a better reading on how your BP is doing.

I'm really hoping it will be fine this time. I've up'ed the meds like a month ago + I have lost weight. It gotta be better. It has been better the times I've tested myself at home. The pandemic made me finally get a machine of my own, since they took away the self-testing station at the dr's office.

But it's never been this hot before when I've done it. Not nice when it's hot!

felis

@felis Have you checked out https://www.yarn-paradise.com/ ? I'm not 100% sure how it works with customs these days, but at least when I bought yarn from there last, no customs where added. Guess you have to check if they ship to your country. It's a Turkish site, and the yarn is cheap and great quality.

(Haven't been shopping from there for a couple of years ... well, because it's Turkey ...)
Aww, thank you Eva I wasn't hear for this site before! I often buy Turkish yarn (Alize on the photo) as Turkey is my neighbors country. They have long tradition in yarn making and I'm satisfied from some of their brands. So I like this store!

felis

Hello ladies!
What happens with the time today? I do wake up too late and till I managed to take the dog out and have a breakfast it was turn in lunch time already. I talk a little bit with my sis and it was time to start cleaning. Almost was not find time to work, looks like will have another sleepless night.
Usually we keep the dogs separate, but I was so distracted so they ended barking for the same chair on the porch. You can imagine 2 kg dog that try to respects 25kg, so Tiny ended up with bitten leg (a really really small bite no need even bandage), and Middleton have a punishment. Although I'm sure she provoked him, and tries to bite his neck, but we not find raw so no prove no guilt . Pfff, dogs are so difficult to deal with!!! In one day they play together on next start fight.

Chris, LOL, I just realized that this video is about hating winter, that's hilarious! My sister put in her planner notebook things like that: ''the lake'' and so, so to be sure she will not procrastinate and forget. I never do anything interesting. Your garden sounds lovely and looks so great on the layout you posted.

Eva, sorry to hear that you have to deal with the machine for whole day! Hope the results are at norm! How funny that you have your own conception for the time.

Kay, nooo, wild fires again?! Poor nature! Seems like you needs one of these bracelets reminder that told ''drink more water''.
I would just put the books wherever I could find space on the shelves.
Same here. I don't think I'm bought the same book twice, but often find a book that I'm missed to add at my book inventory.

Last edited:

tanteva

Ok, time to go to bed. I'm working tomorrow, I'll be MIA until tomorrow night. The BP machine is acting weird, I'm not sure they will get any results. We'll see. Or I have extemely low BP, cuz it's only humming/pressing for a very short time.

Behave while I'm gone. LOL

tanteva

Oh, and I meant to ask? Has anyone read Jenny Colgan's books? I just got one in the mail today - I had won it in a competition in a magazine. Just a paper back, but anyway - nice to win something. I got The Bookshop on the Shore. Anyone read it? If so, do you know if it's part of a serie, or if I can read it as a separate book. .... Yes, I know I work at a library. LOL

felis

Oh, and I meant to ask? Has anyone read Jenny Colgan's books? I just got one in the mail today - I had won it in a competition in a magazine. Just a paper back, but anyway - nice to win something. I got The Bookshop on the Shore. Anyone read it? If so, do you know if it's part of a serie, or if I can read it as a separate book. .... Yes, I know I work at a library. LOL
I thought I had this book, but no, the names sounds similar in translation but mine is by Petra Hartlieb. :p
I didn't know you work at library that's so cool!

nancyr

good evening Luther is here beside me as there is thunder in the distance. Poor boy does not like thunder at all. Today should be the last time for a 90 degree day for a few days so that is good. I did not have the AC on until around 4pm as there did not seem to be as much humidity so I was good. My girlfriend who's daughter wedding I went to sent me the link to the photos and gave me permission to play with them. OH boy I will have fun now. I will apologize in advance for cluttering the gallery. I feel like I have gotten my vibe back again. Not that I had lost my love of scrapping just that I did not have places or people I wanted to scrap. Now after Sedona and the wedding and my son's kids photos I am happy! My son sent me a photo of them watching an old old movie called Flight of Dragons. It is so good. Not sure where he found it! Also I got a book about find different Pokeman. It is like the old Where is Waldo books. Any way he loves the book so that makes me happy. I love when kids use books. Watched a lot of the Formula 1 Netflix series. It cracks me up in that I started season two and now the champions want to be in the show - they pretty much were absent in season one but now they see the free advertising for their sport. Apparently this show has increased watching on ESPN. I am now watching hockey. Only one game tonight as two teams Montreal and Tampa Bay have made their way to the final 4. Tonight it maybe the Islanders. Last night was exciting as the game went to OT and Vegas won. So tomorrow Vegas can clinch.

@faerywings Chris we have been getting so many storms. Today we just has thunder! Glad you got some outdoor time!

@tanteva Eva it is interesting how BP can effect people. For me it gave me migraines. Once I was on medication the headaches went away. I am so grateful for that. I loved your reasons on why you and Finland don't have fires. Cold and water does not help fires.

@felis felis I loved the yarn. Sorry the dogs fought. I know little white dogs in my neighborhood are always yapping at Luther. Sometimes those little dogs think they are bigger LOL.

@BrightEyes Kay I would hate that about the smoke. It is of the times when masks are a great idea. Hopefully you were not out too long. I love that my books are on my Apple products. They keep all the books in order by author and by series. It makes me happy that I do not have to dust all these books. I know a lot of people like the feel of a real book but I love to read on my phone.

@Cherylndesigns Waving and hope you are feeling better!