Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, July 28

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
*bangs head on desk repeatedly*
I hate ACDSee. I wish I could use Bridge but it doesn't work well for me, never has. I don't know if it is b/c my PS version is so old? At any rate, the darn program is so unstable. I was so excited, I had the Oscraps folders all set and was starting to tag some of the older sets. I spent almost two hours doing that. I shut the program down when I was working on something else and when I went to open it again- @#*&^%#%&*%#@!!!!!!!!!- it kept crashing. I would get the splash screen and then nothing.
I had to use an Uninstaller program to get rid of all of the registry bits because Windows wasn't doing the trick. Then I had to do a fresh install and re-import the database. As of last night, it was working again, but I haven't tried opening it up yet. Their CS stinks too- I emailed them for a trouble ticket and haven't heard back, not even an auto-response.

While I was working on tagging stuff, I was watching the hearing on Jan 6. That was really hard to hear from the Officers. I kept getting so choked up. It is hard to imagine the trauma they went and still are going through. :(

I am picking up groceries this morning and then I have just a few small things to do for our Spaceballs Theme Night. I think everyone is relieved that this one is going to be low-key. I got frozen pizza (Pizza the Hutt), fried chicken (Colonel Sandurz), and am baking a peanut butter cake (combing the desert). Caitlyn is making a cheese ball with jam. Simply stuff. Although, I wonder if we have anything for Braxton to wear? Maybe I can ask Scott to go into the attic and see if he can find the Darth Vader mask, we can pretend it is Dark Helmet. :)

Wishing everyone a very happy day!!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva One more reason I want you to adopt me and let me live and work in Sweden, decent overtime time pay. I don't even want to tell Scott about that, he will get aggravated. His job is every other day, so he always works a weekend plus if it is a holiday weekend- he might end up working two out of the three days. The second week in Aug he has to work his regular hours then all park rangers have to work the Country Fair after that, I think he said from 3 pm to midnight. So he will be working from 9-3, then drive down to another part of the country, work the fair - I think he is doing the parking- until 11 and then drive home- and no extra money or overtime pay.
This country is so backward in a lot of things compared to other countries. Oh well, not much we can do.

@Cherylndesigns I don't know if any of the new info of the car makes it better or worse. Such a mess.
My BIL's company had a crew hit the work trucks a few months ago stealing catalytic converters, They were on caught tape but not recognizable, IIRC, and were in and out in no time. I guess if you know what you are doing...
The feeling of "ick" lasts a long time, doesn't it?
Make sure you share the LO if you do one of Ava's and your tattoos. :)
Enjoy having your DD and GS visit!!!!!!!!! You must be so happy, and I bet that will perk up Adrienne a bit too.

nancyr

Good morning - today is free agent frenzy in the NHL. My NJ Devils are expected to pick up a back up goalie and a defensemen. I hope so as it will really make my team better. The signing cant start until noon EDT. I am watching the TSN version. I love the Canadien broadcasters. Middle of Sept and players start returning to their teams. Late Sept preseason games and the Oct 15 games begin for Devils. Cant wait. Yesterday I spent the entire morning in the vets parking lot waiting for them the check out Shadow who has been losing weight. Luckily there was a pizza parlor next to the vets so I had lunch there. Called the vet and went home. We did not get her until 6pm. My DH went and got her. They think she has an infection and we will get her blood results in a couple of days. Still waiting to see if it is thyroid or diabetes. My girlfriend and I had dinner. We had so much to catch up on. It was so good. And the food was great! I gave her a couple of mixtiles I had made of her daughter's wedding and she was so happy and thinks her daughter would like them too. So that really made me happy!

@faerywings Chris I went shopping this am and I really hate it but at least it is done! Hope the back does better today as it warms up! I am even more glad that I never got sucked into ACDsee. Hope you can get it too keep from crashing. Did you have thunderstorms? We had them roll through around 3am. They were loud but not too much wind.

@tanteva Eva miss you today. Hope work goes well. No storms!

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl I think working for a security firm would be so interesting. Glad you knew where to hide your jewelry. I would hide mine but LOL I would probably for get where I put them when I wanted to wear them. Hope she can get the car fixed soon. I think I would have it repainted so it would not look like the same car! Have fun with family!

Waving to all!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Home from work. Was a good day, not too tired. It's been raining, so not too hot. And not too many people, nor too few (which gets boring as %¤"#).

@faerywings To make you feel better ... let me tell you about the price of gas in Sweden: it's about US$ 7-8 per gallon. But no problem - I can adopt you and all your family ... as long as you don't bring the spider. LOL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Spent a half hour looking for the replacement toy for Remi's flirt pole. I knew I had one but couldn't remember where I put it. She snapped the squeaky toy off it this morning and thankfully I had a replacement. That toy is a necessary part of our day to keep her happy, exercised and (somewhat) calm. I was so panicked about it I went online and ordered another pole and toy and am going to search for other toys to use for it too so I always have a couple on hand. The new one that is coming is collapsible so I can stick it in my backpack when we go out to the soccer field.

I still have lots of work b/c of the internet switchover and having some problems with the work software. Today is Jen's b-day so I'll only work til 5:30 regardless of the backlog and will have a quick BBQ dinner with her. I'll grab a dessert too. Sunday we'll pick up B and we'll all go out for lunch (Friday is D's b-day so we'll celebrate them both this wkend). I got J a waffle maker and a keto chaffles recipe book. I think she'll love it. I'm not buying anything for D b/c I just can't think of anything he might want or need. So he can treat himself if he wants to and buy whatever he wants. I'm off to look for an angel food pan today so I can make D an angel food cake on the wkend.

@faerywings Have fun with the themed dinner tonight. As for dog parks, we have 4 close by and the dog friendly park that we just discovered. I like the small dog section of one of the parks as there is never any problems, its usually the big dogs that get too worked up and turn aggressive sometimes, I find.

Have a good day everyone. I've got to get to work.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all! Quick in and out. We're all going to Adrienne's for dinner in like 20 minutes.

Chris @faerywings I think ANY info is helpful!! They just found out (from another family member) that there's a car theft ring in the Tulsa area - their car was stolen in that area. It's just so scary right now.

Ava and I went to Arkansas to pick up Steph and Asher and had to kill time for about an hour and a half. Who better to "kill time" with than Ava????? We found a Panda Express and went through the drive thru and ate while we were waiting. Then, we parked in a cell phone lot where they have a big board that shows all of the flights as they arrive in the air, then actually land. We always have so much fun together! We FINALLY got them in the car - Asher's bag got lost, but finally recovered. We were evading the policeman who was trying to keep everybody who was waiting moving and Ava didn't want to start circling. Finally, the EMT's came screaming up, unloaded the gurney right in front of us and then the guy was REALLY after us. Ava was driving my car and she's quite the manuvuer-er. She got in a spot where he couldn't see us and we kept watching out the back window and he never came to our car. Then on the way home, Asher got sick and started to hurl and Ava got over to the side of the road and I jumped out with him. We were deep in the mountains and the roads are very windy and steep. Low and behold, while I'm out there with him upheaving, a police car comes up behind us with his sirens on. It could only happen to us! He was so nice and just wanted to make sure we were all okay. He saw me and Asher on the side of the road and we told him what happened and he said "I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You all have a nice day". Steph said "that would NEVER happen in Florida". We told her "welcome to Oklahoma".

Nancy @nancyr working for that security company was THE best job training I've ever had! I'm so blessed that I had that experience!

Gotta run - sending hugs to all and waving all around.