Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, January 24

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, O-Fam.
In case you didn't see it, Cheryl posted in yesterday's thread with an update:
#11 — https://oscraps.com/community/threads/daily-ooos-tuesday-january-23.39209/post-691107
I am incredibly touched by all of the support and love you all shared with her- but absolutely not surprised. You are all the best. ♥
@Cherylndesigns thank you for the update. I know that you are surrounded by people who love and support you. As we are here for you. xo

I had a few rough days and everything here is a little topsy-turvey. I was supposed to go down to my mom's yesterday to sign some banking paperwork. She opened up a CD account last year "for my family and wedding." Talking to her on Monday, she told me it was actually for us to have clothes for her funeral. I tried to crack a joke about weddings and funerals and it backfired on me. She thought it was funny and I couldn't stop crying. I hate this time of year and can feel myself sinking. The weather was supposed to be bad - rain and sleet- so we postponed. She called the bank instead and I don't have to sign the papers. The account is in trust so she can do whatever she needs to do, but if anything happens to her, I can access it.
I had the whole family for dinner last night and I was so exhausted I couldn't even enjoy being them.
Meanwhile, Sam told me that the driver who killed her brother had his arraignment the day before. The county prosecutors have charged him with several offenses and he was charged just last week with additional offenses (driving w/o a license and insurance). Part of me feels bad for him, he was just a kid (20) when it happened. A much larger part of me wants the book thrown at him. And then some.

I am working today at Weis, I hope it is an easier day than last time LOL Or at least, that the kids have better footwear for the snow and mud. :D
Today is my first day of taking Tindamax for the week, oooh boy-- wish me luck!

Big hugs to all of you!

LSlycord

Good morning ladies. We had nice weather yesterday and it is nice again this morning so I was able to sit on the lanai. That made me feel good. I am now in the middle of the battles with insurance...so that's fun! I went to download a kit and my Cheery-O Excel file where I keep everything including my codes is corrupted. So that's on my list of things to deal with.

Hope the bad weather subsides for folks soon. And @faerywings I hope that the kids bring a smile to your face today! I'm sorry about the discussions with your mom. It's just hard out there! @Cherylndesigns thinking of you constantly.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Woke up at 4 AM - finally got up at 4:30 as I couldn't fall back asleep. I was having crazy dreams so just as glad to be awake. It was one of those nights where I woke up every couple of hours all night long. I know I will be dragging most of the day. Might take a nap later on. Tomorrow I will be out of the house early... have an appointment to get my car serviced at 9AM. Have to LOL as I got the car on Jan 25th last year... and this will be the 1st service for it! Just turned 1000 miles on the odometer 2 weeks ago. Yes, last year was a crazy year so the car didn't get driven much at all for the first 7 months.

I called my sister yesterday and talked with her for awhile. January is always a hard month for both of us. Her son (42 - who was born on my husband's birthday) died 2 weeks after my husband. Pat always felt a strong bond with my Bill. So sis and I get through January with calls and supporting each other.

@Cherylndesigns Thinking of you and the family. So sorry about the ice storm and the delay it caused. :hug2:

@faerywings Hope all goes well on the hike today.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Quick in and out. Getting ready to go to lunch with Mark.
I'll be back later this afternoon. I've been working in my checkbook this morning. BLEKKKKK!
HAGD!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Good morning, O-Fam.
#11 — https://oscraps.com/community/threads/daily-ooos-tuesday-january-23.39209/post-691107
I am incredibly touched by all of the support and love you all shared with her- but absolutely not surprised. You are all the best. ♥
@Cherylndesigns thank you for the update. I know that you are surrounded by people who love and support you. As we are here for you. xo

I had a few rough days and everything here is a little topsy-turvey. I was supposed to go down to my mom's yesterday to sign some banking paperwork. She opened up a CD account last year "for my family and wedding." Talking to her on Monday, she told me it was actually for us to have clothes for her funeral. I tried to crack a joke about weddings and funerals and it backfired on me. She thought it was funny and I couldn't stop crying. I hate this time of year and can feel myself sinking. The weather was supposed to be bad - rain and sleet- so we postponed. She called the bank instead and I don't have to sign the papers. The account is in trust so she can do whatever she needs to do, but if anything happens to her, I can access it.
I had the whole family for dinner last night and I was so exhausted I couldn't even enjoy being them.
Meanwhile, Sam told me that the driver who killed her brother had his arraignment the day before. The county prosecutors have charged him with several offenses and he was charged just last week with additional offenses (driving w/o a license and insurance). Part of me feels bad for him, he was just a kid (20) when it happened. A much larger part of me wants the book thrown at him. And then some.

I am working today at Weis, I hope it is an easier day than last time LOL Or at least, that the kids have better footwear for the snow and mud. :D

Big hugs to all of you!
Chris, I know it is hard to deal with these issues with parents as they get older. I hope that you have a good day today and that the children will help to cheer you up.
Hugs,
Evelyn

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. We had nice weather yesterday and it is nice again this morning so I was able to sit on the lanai. That made me feel good. I am now in the middle of the battles with insurance...so that's fun! I went to download a kit and my Cheery-O Excel file where I keep everything including my codes is corrupted. So that's on my list of things to deal with.

Hope the bad weather subsides for folks soon. And @faerywings I hope that the kids bring a smile to your face today! I'm sorry about the discussions with your mom. It's just hard out there! @Cherylndesigns thinking of you constantly.
I'm happy you have good weather so you can enjoy your lanai! I am ready for some nice weather here. Our snow all melted and now we have rain, rain and more rain. :D I'm sorry to hear your Excel file is corrupted. That sounds like a headache to deal with. :sad1:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! I am late getting in here and have to make this quick. MIL and FIL are due to arrive here in a minute or two and I have been facetiming with Heather and the boys for the past hour, so I am running behind on everything! I just wanted to say :wavinghello: and hope that you are all doing well. @Cherylndesigns I am thinking of you today, it must be so comforting to have your family so close by! Sorry that you had to deal with the bad roads and delays! Sending you lots of love :loveangel:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Thank you ALL for the love and support, my dear friends. I just jumped on to answer a PM and say hello and that I'm hanging in there. SO many phone calls, texts, emails, besides the love on here. Chuck touched so many lives. Love you all and I'll be popping in when I can. The girls keep encouraging me to try to scrap and maybe I will try it later on today. Nothing I have to do for the next few days - just waiting until all of the paperwork that we filled out yesterday gets cleared by the state. Roger said it' s a LOT harder to leave the world than it is to come into it (paperwork wise).

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning, O-Fam.

Big hugs to all of you!
Hope your day at Weis went well!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Thank you ALL for the love and support, my dear friends. I just jumped on to answer a PM and say hello and that I'm hanging in there. SO many phone calls, texts, emails, besides the love on here. Chuck touched so many lives. Love you all and I'll be popping in when I can. The girls keep encouraging me to try to scrap and maybe I will try it later on today. Nothing I have to do for the next few days - just waiting until all of the paperwork that we filled out yesterday gets cleared by the state. Roger said it' s a LOT harder to leave the world than it is to come into it (paperwork wise).
Praying for you and your family! :grouphugyay: :praying2:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Well, I thought I would be back in here earlier but the weather and being bummed about @Cherylndesigns husband has me in a blue mood! And my car had a near engine failure today (I'm not positive we are out of the woods yet). So, I'm just going to leave things at that and pray for a better tomorrow for everyone, especially Cheryl! :grouphugyay::praying2:
You can read about my car woes if you want.
Hope everyone has a good evening!