Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, February 28

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:flower::sunout::pillowfight::flower:

Guess what??????

I'm in Fake it til Ya Make it Mode! Full strength!

I am irritated by and with myself. I have no reason to be so darn mentally tired but I am. Aside from getting up with the dogs overnight, I have been sleeping soundly, dreams and all. OTOH, seriously- stick a fork in me, I am done.

I honestly can't say that I did anything to get my head on straight yesterday which was my one goal. My emotions are on a knife's edge and I got myself in a funk when I was shredding papers- who would think that cleaning out your filing cabinet would make you feel unstable but it was like a trip through a bunch of bad times in my life. Just in one drawer, I found the letters for a campaign I organized to raise awareness for Postpartum Depression, my outpatient plan from the Eating Disorder Recovery Center, and then Scott's psychiatric eval from school when he was in 8th grade. It was all the hits. :rolleyes1:

On a better note, Scott came over and was able to get a few boxes of things to donate so I think we're up to 5 or 6 large boxes going out. Caitlyn and Tom went to their wedding venue to choose some food options and they will have a tasting there in June for the final menu. My parents are doing a little better and are now back to their regularly scheduled medical problems (gallows humor, don't mind me ;).
My dad saw his cardiologist and was cleared for the shoulder replacement by him. He has a few more doctors to see for clearance but that was a big one. My mom was given the go-ahead for an angiogram. Because of her kidney failure, they have to have a special process so the contrast dye doesn't further harm the kidney function. Now they have to get everything scheduled and coordinated so they won't be out of action at the same time. Good times! :D
I made a delicious quiche for dinner. Roasted cauliflower and caramelized onions (thank you FP!!) and I used the leftover smoked cheddar I had from when I made Trudy's asparagus recipe. It was *awesome.*

I was supposed to work this afternoon and I am sort of bummed, sort of relieved. I switched days with another educator so I am going in next week. I would have *loved* to get out of the house today. But it's pouring rain all day so maybe it worked out for the best. Plans as of right now: Pick up groceries, finish packing the boxes for donations, and figure out what to cook for dinner. Thats it.
I wish I was napper- I mentally feel like I could sleep for days even though I know that physically, I'd feel awful if I tried.

So back to Fake it Time!
:boydance: :smiliesdoingwave2: :boydance:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@taxed4ever Uh boy, you are gonna have your hands full with your ILs, aren't you? When does your Gary retire? Maybe now would be a GREAT time so he can deal with them and not have it land on you and Linda. :lol23:
(You know I am busting, right?)

@BrightEyes How are you holding out with the weather and winds? We have a high wind advisory today and tomorrow and temps are dropping about 30*

:windy1:

The Spring Bundle is amazing! In between caramelizing my onions, I managed to get two quick LOs done with it. How many pages are you up to with it?

@Cherylndesigns Thank you for reminding me about signs of Spring-- I saw a few clumps of crocus that are about 2" above ground!!! Now that most of the snow has melted, you can see the small sprigs of green
Thanks for sharing the new growth here. That always makes me happy!
I am so sorry that you and Daisy are not sleeping well. It sucks and all I can say is that I'm sending you lots of love.
Oh yes!! My SIL and I were saying the exact same thing about family passwords. I had them with my kids when they were little and here we go again. That reminds me I need to tell my kids what to say to my parents if that ever comes up.

Trudy! That's awesome news about the offer on the house being accepted! All of my fingers and toes are crossed for an easy transition- financially, physically, and emotionally. Good luck! (I think you are going to need it-- and some extra :wine4: too LOL)

Kay-- That's something special to look forward to, having your G-DD's DH (did I get those acronyms correct? :giggle4: ) stay with you. Nope, I reread it. It's your Son IL -- either way, what a nice visit you'll have. Hope you have a successful time out and about today.

Cheryl- So glad that Ava went with you to the appt. Just to have someone there for company. Make sure you behaved LOL
I'm glad that things are moving fwd with SS too. Feeling things are in motion, even if slowly has to be better than waiting and wondering.

@vickyday In my experience if you have systemic yeast issues, it can take a long time to clear up. Nystatin is extremely safe to take for extended periods. My kids were on it for *years* while they had their Lyme treatment.
Oh yeah! Daffodils!!
My plea to you all-- can you share any pics you have of spring flowers? We are far behind most of you and I would love to see some of what you are seeing!!

Hugs!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Went to bed at 10 last night. Tossed and turned until 12:30. Got up to use the bathroom. Then was able to fall asleep. Wide awake at 5:45. Laid there until Mark left for work around 6:30. Finally just said the heck with it and got up. So, I'll probably sleep pretty good tonight! @faerywings I do NOT take naps either, no matter how tired I am because that guarantees that I don't sleep at all that night!

Had a good day with Ilene yesterday. But my back was ready for a rest in my recliner when I got home. Her chairs are straight-backed. We played 2 games of Qwirkle, took a break for my back, then played 2 more before I went home. We did see her newest great grandchild. Eliza is a cutie. But she slept the whole time we were there. Remembering my early motherhood days, my rule of thumb is you let sleeping babies lie! ;)

Today I am in PJ mode. However, I might be tempted to go to lunch is someone should ask! ;)

It is 61* feels like 59* with a slight breeze. Will be 67* at 4PM before the temp starts going back the other way with clouds all day. Not showing any rain until 3PM. I don't think it will wait that long!

The thrush is still acting as my BFF. The no-sugar-no-caffeine headache is basically gone. Today's slight headache is probably a combination of being tired from not much sleep and the weather. It is what it is and Tylenol will be my friend today!

HAGD

This is for you, Chris @faerywings . Taken at church this past Sunday.
IMG_20240225_105054154-edited.jpg

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning all. Will be short and sweet... have to take the tax papers over to the tax gal this morning. Waiting for the house to warm up so I can take my :showering:and get dressed. At least the winds are calmer this morning. I will wait until after going-to-work traffic is over before heading across town. There are only 4 bridges to cross the river that are close enough to use so those are always busy during traffic hours.

And speaking of things budding... when I got up yesterday morning and opened the drapes, I noticed the big plum tree in back had a few small green buds on the limbs. By noon the buds had popped open and the lower half of the tree had white blossoms all over it. Even the smaller peach tree has some green buds on it!!! This is a bit early in the year for this. Hope we don't have a bad cold spell to stunt the growth. I did get the drip water system turned back on - I turn it off during the winter so the lines don't freeze and break.

@faerywings so sorry that cleaning out the file cabinet brought back some bad memories for you. :hug1: Just hope you didn't burn out the motor on your shredder... I did that a few years ago when shredding my mom's papers. I learned to give it a 'cool-down' time as I work at it. Glad to hear that things are moving along on Cait and Tom's wedding plans. Good thing that you swapped work days since it is raining today.

I only did 10 LOs for the Color Play but did a couple from the Leap into Spring Big Bundle set. And I had to jump to page 2 in the CT Tracking thread. (Shhh - don't tell but I just added #50 to it yesterday!!!) But I have to admit that the shoulder and right arm/hand was talking to me by the time I added the last few LOs.

@vickyday Glad to had a fun day with Ilene... but sorry that she only has hard straight-back chairs to sit in when you play games. Does she have a pillow you could use behind your back to help?? I can't sit in them for more than 30 minutes or so due to my bad back either.

@taxed4ever Will be sending you calming thoughts as you and your DH deal with getting the in-laws moved... It would be nice if your DH could retire and be there to handle their move.

Well, the heater just turned off so time to hop in the shower. HAGD

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning all. Will be short and sweet... have to take the tax papers over to the tax gal this morning. Waiting for the house to warm up so I can take my :showering:and get dressed. At least the winds are calmer this morning. I will wait until after going-to-work traffic is over before heading across town. There are only 4 bridges to cross the river that are close enough to use so those are always busy during traffic hours.

And speaking of things budding... when I got up yesterday morning and opened the drapes, I noticed the big plum tree in back had a few small green buds on the limbs. By noon the buds had popped open and the lower half of the tree had white blossoms all over it. Even the smaller peach tree has some green buds on it!!! This is a bit early in the year for this. Hope we don't have a bad cold spell to stunt the growth. I did get the drip water system turned back on - I turn it off during the winter so the lines don't freeze and break.

@faerywings so sorry that cleaning out the file cabinet brought back some bad memories for you. :hug1: Just hope you didn't burn out the motor on your shredder... I did that a few years ago when shredding my mom's papers. I learned to give it a 'cool-down' time as I work at it. Glad to hear that things are moving along on Cait and Tom's wedding plans. Good thing that you swapped work days since it is raining today.

I only did 10 LOs for the Color Play but did a couple from the Leap into Spring Big Bundle set. And I had to jump to page 2 in the CT Tracking thread. (Shhh - don't tell but I just added #50 to it yesterday!!!) But I have to admit that the shoulder and right arm/hand was talking to me by the time I added the last few LOs.

@vickyday Glad to had a fun day with Ilene... but sorry that she only has hard straight-back chairs to sit in when you play games. Does she have a pillow you could use behind your back to help?? I can't sit in them for more than 30 minutes or so due to my bad back either.

@taxed4ever Will be sending you calming thoughts as you and your DH deal with getting the in-laws moved... It would be nice if your DH could retire and be there to handle their move.

Well, the heater just turned off so time to hop in the shower. HAGD
I tried a pillow behind my back, but it made it worse because the chair seat is not that big so I felt like I was having to "hang on" so I got rid of the pillow. I did OK by taking a break between games.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... it is another very wet and rainy day! No hike for me as it is a long drive to get to it and its basically a meandering walk. I can do that from here in the pouring rain if I want to :giggle4: . I had a good day of catching up with lots of things around the house, made some butternut squash soup and caught up with the :laundry: and:vacuuming: . Lots of chatting with the In-Laws about what furniture should be sold and what will be moved. OMG they have so much to get rid of, it will be a daunting task! However MIL is looking forward to going shopping for some new furniture for her new house so that is a good sign! I need to make a card for SIL Linda's boyfriend Mark today, he turns 70 on the 1st of March and they are going away for the weekend to the Villa Aeyrie Resort.
It is at the top of the Malahat Drive on the way to Victoria and has spectacular views! Lucky them! I am anxious to see how they like it, it might be on our list of places to go as we seem to do a lot more staycations now. Travel anywhere outside of Canada is just too darn expensive! But then travel inside of Canada is too darn expensive too LOL.

@faerywings - Hoping that today will bring you some peace and tranquility! I have been sleeping very well lately too, but still feel like I have the blues and having a hard time getting things done, guess its the gloomy weather, its time for some sunshine and warmer temps!! My daffodils are up, but I am not going out in the pouring rain to get a photo, sorry :gloomy:. If it stops raining this afternoon I will get some shots for you. Glad to hear that your Mom and Dad are feeling a bit better, hope that all goes well with the medical issues and things get back to normal for them! Yes we will have to pack our patience with this upcoming move, just keeping our fingers crossed that the financing all goes well for the buyers of their place, then we can get to work and get things done! You are right, we will all need some extra :wine4:!!

@vickyday - Lovely daffodils!! They are just so sunny and friendly, I love them!! How nice to spend the time with Ilene and play Qwirkle, sorry the back suffered though! Hope you enjoy your PJ day and I would go for lunch with you if I was closer thats for sure!! Hope the Tylenol does its thing for your headache today!

@BrightEyes - The fruit trees in our area are all starting to bud also, too early and we will probably get another cold snap, which will be sad for the blossoms!! Good for you for getting your tax papers etc over to your gal, we have to get ours done right away too. DH does ours and I keep saying I need to learn, but I don't really want too :giggle4:. You are putting us all to shame with all the layouts you have gotten done this month!! WTG!!

Ok I need some more coffee and its time to get the bed made and have a shower and get going with the day! :waving3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... it is another very wet and rainy day! No hike for me as it is a long drive to get to it and its basically a meandering walk. I can do that from here in the pouring rain if I want to :giggle4: . I had a good day of catching up with lots of things around the house, made some butternut squash soup and caught up with the :laundry: and:vacuuming: . Lots of chatting with the In-Laws about what furniture should be sold and what will be moved. OMG they have so much to get rid of, it will be a daunting task! However MIL is looking forward to going shopping for some new furniture for her new house so that is a good sign! I need to make a card for SIL Linda's boyfriend Mark today, he turns 70 on the 1st of March and they are going away for the weekend to the Villa Aeyrie Resort.
It is at the top of the Malahat Drive on the way to Victoria and has spectacular views! Lucky them! I am anxious to see how they like it, it might be on our list of places to go as we seem to do a lot more staycations now. Travel anywhere outside of Canada is just too darn expensive! But then travel inside of Canada is too darn expensive too LOL.

@faerywings - Hoping that today will bring you some peace and tranquility! I have been sleeping very well lately too, but still feel like I have the blues and having a hard time getting things done, guess its the gloomy weather, its time for some sunshine and warmer temps!! My daffodils are up, but I am not going out in the pouring rain to get a photo, sorry :gloomy:. If it stops raining this afternoon I will get some shots for you. Glad to hear that your Mom and Dad are feeling a bit better, hope that all goes well with the medical issues and things get back to normal for them! Yes we will have to pack our patience with this upcoming move, just keeping our fingers crossed that the financing all goes well for the buyers of their place, then we can get to work and get things done! You are right, we will all need some extra :wine4:!!

@vickyday - Lovely daffodils!! They are just so sunny and friendly, I love them!! How nice to spend the time with Ilene and play Qwirkle, sorry the back suffered though! Hope you enjoy your PJ day and I would go for lunch with you if I was closer thats for sure!! Hope the Tylenol does its thing for your headache today!

@BrightEyes - The fruit trees in our area are all starting to bud also, too early and we will probably get another cold snap, which will be sad for the blossoms!! Good for you for getting your tax papers etc over to your gal, we have to get ours done right away too. DH does ours and I keep saying I need to learn, but I don't really want too :giggle4:. You are putting us all to shame with all the layouts you have gotten done this month!! WTG!!

Ok I need some more coffee and its time to get the bed made and have a shower and get going with the day! :waving3:
I love daffodils too.
The Tylenol has done it's job.
I did get invited to lunch. And if you were closer we would definitely go to lunch!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
I am back with most of the errands done. Dropped the tax papers off - and the traffic wasn't too heavy so had I waited till a good time to go. Stopped off at the dealership and it only took maybe 5 minutes to get the warning reset!! Whoo-whoo! Stopped at Best Buy and they did not have the right SD disk nor did they have the camera I was interested it in stock!!! Strike 1 and 2 on them!! Popped to the next block and looked in WalMart. Hoorah... they had the right disk. Over to Smith's and pick up a few fruit and veggies plus got an ear wax removal kit that had a sign discounted to $3.40 from $9.90. Grabbed it only to discover when I got home that I was charged the full price! Strike 3!!! Took it back and got a refund. So Strike 3!!! will call it a ball... as long as I am using baseball terms. :lol23: Decided that was enough running around for the day - even though it is beautiful with sunshine - only light winds - and in low 50's. Suppose to be the same so will do the rest of the errands tomorrow.

I put the SD Chip in the camera and went out to the patio to make sure it worked. To my surprise all the blossoms on the plum tree are now green leaves and the peach tree has tiny green buds all over it too. Snapped a couple of photos for the 1000 day challenge. Decided I won't worry about getting a new camera for awhile. I was naughty and bought a box of donuts... and now I need to bag most of them for the freezer. I knew I shouldn't be shopping before I ate as usually 1 or 2 no-no's end up coming home with me.

Well, the donut wasn't enough and my tummy is grumbling at me. Off to fix a sandwich.

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Just a quick drive by!

Melissa has been studying for her Alcohol and Tobacco Sale card this week and I'm driving her downtown to take the final test and get the card. I don't want her driving down town unless she has to - it's a real YIT-Show. It's crazy down there.

@faerywings Chris - I will get you some pictures of desert flowers - some of them ARE blooming already!! Don't want you feeling sad!!

Mike had an overnight for work, so I'm busy cleaning up "girls night" in the house. We kinda just let everything go and left all the dishes and didn't dress our beds...it's kinda messy! LOL

I'm doing the 100 Days of Photography and some of the prompts are WEIRD!! How in the heck am I supposed to photograph AIR??? That's today!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello all,

Finally getting in here. I've been busy all morning - phone calls and one of them was almost two hours with my sister. We have "marathon phone calls". Then Adrienne came over and made me some potato soup and is it ever good. I think I'm going to have to have a bowl in a few minutes. We had bought these "soup starters" at one of our favorite stores and she brought hash browns to add to it and just made a big pot while she was here.

I slept better last night, thankfully, but Daisy stole all of my covers, and I woke up about 5 am cold, and had go pull them out from under her. She apparently wanted to snuggle during the night. She encroached on my space all night and didn't stay on her blanket. UGH Then I was just sleeping good and hear the cat meowing at the side door to come in. Double UGH. I let him in and ushered him out of the bedroom and slept until 10.

Chris @faerywings sorry about the headspace you're in. Going through old stuff sure can bring those good and bad feelings back. It's so much easier just to keep that stuff locked away. Out of sight out of mind, but there comes a time when you have to confront it. :( Glad your parents are feeling a little bit better and they are getting the doctors seen and things may be moving forward for them.

Trudy @taxed4ever lots of luck to your IL's and all of you that this move goes smoothly. It will be so nice when it's all done, though.

Kay @BrightEyes I'll bet that was a beautiful sight to open your drapes and see those blossoms. It's such an exciting time of year - something bursting out every day.

Vicky @vickyday glad you got to get out and that you saw the baby. That's my motto too: Let sleeping babies lie".

Susie @pachimac good luck to Mel today. That's so exciting - she'll be able to sell alcohol now. :lol23:

Well, that soup is calling my name. I think I must go have a bowl of it.

Hugs to all,
XOXO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Had to get on the computer... Guess what came in the mail today??? Yep... the tax forms I had been waiting for!!! :spinningchair::floorlaugh::giggle4::smiliesdoingwave2::boydance::girldance:Of course, I had already taken the tax package to my tax gal. So got them copied and sent on to her! Now I can relax until she gets them done and I have to pay her... and then pay the Fed/State if I still owe some. Whew that is one less item on my 'get done list'. dance4

scrap-genie

I'm doing the 100 Days of Photography and some of the prompts are WEIRD!! How in the heck am I supposed to photograph AIR??? That's today!

Photographing "air" is a concept beyond me. I just went with an idea for this windy day. I took a short video of trees in the wind then blended three frames into my POTD. I'm not sure it's that interesting but a detail from it looks promising.

trees-detail.jpg

Chris @faerywings here are crocus buds from last week.
IMG_5787_crocus-sm.JPG

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Photographing "air" is a concept beyond me. I just went with an idea for this windy day. I took a short video of trees in the wind then blended three frames into my POTD. I'm not sure it's that interesting but a detail from it looks promising.

View attachment 413931
Pretty! I was thinking of putting my face in a fan and let my hair get all wild!

Here's mine! Day11 Air.jpg

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Had to get on the computer... Guess what came in the mail today??? Yep... the tax forms I had been waiting for!!! :spinningchair::floorlaugh::giggle4::smiliesdoingwave2::boydance::girldance:Of course, I had already taken the tax package to my tax gal. So got them copied and sent on to her! Now I can relax until she gets them done and I have to pay her... and then pay the Fed/State if I still owe some. Whew that is one less item on my 'get done list'. dance4
That's a big load off your mind, Kay!! Congratulations to you!!