Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, February 21

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hello, O-zies! I hope the sun is shining near you and I hope that it is warmer than here.
I slept like a rock last night--until 4.32. Maybe the extra two minutes mean that I am going in the right direction?

The murder party was a huge success! At one point, I was laughing so hard I couldn't read my script. Everyone came dressed up and got into character. I adore my kids "crew." They've been together in one form or another for years and years. Jen and Scott were talking about their 10-year HS Reunion coming up. Dang! (Sidenote: Jen and Scott dated for a year in HS. They stayed friends and she is an absolute doll). She and her fiance set a date for their wedding next July. I am very happy for them.
Sam got a group photo so I'm going to bug her if she doesn't send it to me today. Everyone's costumes were amazing, the food was great, the drinks and mocktails were perfect! I took a selfie next to the table set up but I look awful. I really did my eyebrows dark and dramatic and so not like me LOL!

1708518038922.png1708518062169.png
ETA: That was the little radio that Gary printed for Alexa! Too cute!

I have to clean up today and then for my friend this afternoon. Perhaps, I shall collapse when I am - anything rhyme with perhaps?-- At a lapse?

:floorlaugh:

Have fun today!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hello, O-zies! I hope the sun is shining near you and I hope that it is warmer than here.
I slept like a rock last night--until 4.32. Maybe the extra two minutes mean that I am going in the right direction?

The murder party was a huge success! At one point, I was laughing so hard I couldn't read my script. Everyone came dressed up and got into character. I adore my kids "crew." They've been together in one form or another for years and years. Jen and Scott were talking about their 10-year HS Reunion coming up. Dang! (Sidenote: Jen and Scott dated for a year in HS. They stayed friends and she is an absolute doll). She and her fiance set a date for their wedding next July. I am very happy for them.
Sam got a group photo so I'm going to bug her if she doesn't send it to me today. Everyone's costumes were amazing, the food was great, the drinks and mocktails were perfect! I took a selfie next to the table set up but I look awful. I really did my eyebrows dark and dramatic and so not like me LOL!

View attachment 413228View attachment 413229
ETA: That was the little radio that Gary printed for Alexa! Too cute!

I have to clean up today and then for my friend this afternoon. Perhaps, I shall collapse when I am - anything rhyme with perhaps?-- At a lapse?

:floorlaugh:

Have fun today!
I think you look wonderful!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday We are here to cheer you on getting your bones building up :cheer:

@Cherylndesigns Your family is so wonderful. You raised them well and I know they walk through fire to be there for you

I can't wait to see what the bench and totem look like when you have them together and in place. I hope you always look at them and know you are loved. :loveangel:
Mmm, the restaurant and wraps sound yummy!

You got this-- one phone call, one step forward- nice and easy and we are here for you.

@taxed4ever Oh my goodness-- what was FIL thinking trying to fix the plumbing? It sounds like a lot like my dad who was pushing the snowblower last week- you know, my dad who is getting a new shoulder sometime next month? Men and old men- pfft.
*fingers and toes all crossed tight for them when they meet with the realtor* If that house isn't right, then I hope they find something else close to you.
Did you get some time to relax yesterday?

@BrightEyes That first cup of coffee tastes so good, doesn't it?
what? The lab missed drawing a tube of blood? Sorry that you had to go back and forth for that. LOL-ing at your quick change dressing changes.

My kitchen is piled up with dishes and pans. I guess I should get that taken care of. (But I don;t want toooo)

Hope that everyone has a great day! xo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Woke up feeling weird today. Woke up on my back around 5.....back pain and a headache. I rolled over to my side but had to get up and get some Tylenol. When I got up I was totally off balance and had to hold onto everything to get to the bathroom. I was afraid I was having a stroke. I had to lean against the sink while getting the Tylenol! Such a weird feeling! After using the potty and standing up the balance was better. I don't know if I hopped out of bed too quickly, or what! There was no going back to sleep after that as I laid there paying very close attention to what my body was doing. I was making myself nauseous worrying to the point I had to get up again and go into the bathroom. It wasn't long before Mark was getting up for work, so I just got up, still feeling kinda unsteady on my feet. I don't think I will be doing much today but paying attention to my body.

Boy, oh Boy! When I turned 68 in October my body fell apart! I want to say thank you to all of you for your encouragement, health suggestions, etc. and just for "listening" as I "complain" about my health issues here! It has really kinda zapped my mojo. I'm really thinking about taking some time off from the team until my health is better.

The DEXA doctor wants to do a nerve test on my left arm to try and figure out why my left pinky is numb. Is it from the break or is something happening in my neck causing it? A nerve conduction test. She also wants to start me on a monthly injection for the osteoporosis. Evenity....not sure of the spelling, but that is what it sounded like. It is for building new bone and stopping bone loss, too. She said the first shot usually causes a headache and arm soreness. But she has to check to see if my insurance will cover it. She said it is about $1,000 per shot! Please pray the insurance will cover it as I surely cannot pay for it!

I ended up not going to PT yesterday. He said it was not necessary for me to come since he explained everything last week. I was good with that. I did one session on my own. Wanted to go for another walk, but IBS hit me in the afternoon, so no walking and no more PT yesterday.

I'm not used to having health issues. I could really use your prayers while I deal with all of this stuff! Thanks, again, for your listening and encouragements while I navigate these waters! You're the best!

HAGD! :hug4:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday We are here to cheer you on getting your bones building up :cheer:

@Cherylndesigns Your family is so wonderful. You raised them well and I know they walk through fire to be there for you

I can't wait to see what the bench and totem look like when you have them together and in place. I hope you always look at them and know you are loved. :loveangel:
Mmm, the restaurant and wraps sound yummy!

You got this-- one phone call, one step forward- nice and easy and we are here for you.

@taxed4ever Oh my goodness-- what was FIL thinking trying to fix the plumbing? It sounds like a lot like my dad who was pushing the snowblower last week- you know, my dad who is getting a new shoulder sometime next month? Men and old men- pfft.
*fingers and toes all crossed tight for them when they meet with the realtor* If that house isn't right, then I hope they find something else close to you.
Did you get some time to relax yesterday?

@BrightEyes That first cup of coffee tastes so good, doesn't it?
what? The lab missed drawing a tube of blood? Sorry that you had to go back and forth for that. LOL-ing at your quick change dressing changes.

My kitchen is piled up with dishes and pans. I guess I should get that taken care of. (But I don;t want toooo)

Hope that everyone has a great day! xo
We cross posted.
Thanks, Chris! I am in need of all the cheering on and up that I can get right now! :hug4:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Wonder if my body/mind is trying to get a jump on the "Spring Ahead" Daylight Savings Time by waking me up early??? :rotfl: Yes, another day of being up before sunrise. UGH!! At least I could have my coffee while I am on the computer this morning. I will be off and running errands this morning. In fact, I need to write down all the errands - things I need to buy, etc. or I am sure to forget something. Have you ever gone to the store for 1 item you must have and came home without it but with a lot of other stuff??? :lol23: Feel like today might be like that if I don't make a list!! I was looking on-line to check the prices for the camera storage disk... WOW have things changed since I bought the last one... Now they are in 90 - 160 GB. I am used to 16 GB!!! :floorlaugh: Yeah, my Cannon Camera is only about 17 years old!!!

@faerywings Love the photos of you ready for the party! Like that headband!!! Cant' wait to see the one with the crowd all dressed up!

@vickyday So sorry you had such a rough morning!!! About that dizziness - I was told by a doctor that when I first wake up, I should go from laying down to sitting on the side of the bed for a couple of minutes before getting to my feet. A rapid shift from laying to standing can bring on 'positional vertigo' and cause dizziness. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and hope you get to doing better.

Time to get dressed and ready to go. CYL

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! It is pouring rain here this morning and I have already been to the hospital for a CT Scan that my Dr. ordered months ago. Sheesh!! Oh well its done and she should have the results in the next couple of days. I doubt that she will find anything as I have not been having problems with my arms falling asleep for the past month. But I thought I better get it done anyway. I had to be at the hospital 30 mins before the scan and then sat there for another hour waiting to get the darn thing. Things do not go quickly at our hospital. Not sure what took so long as I was the only one in the waiting room LOL. So no hike for me today, not only would I not have made it there in time, but it is raining cats and dogs out there and that is no fun to hike in. Today MIL and FIL meet with their realtor, the house across the street had two showings yesterday, so I am very doubtful that they will get the house. Oh well there are many others for sale in our area of town, there will be one out there for them.

@faerywings - You look Mawwwvelous!! I bet you all had such a fun time at your Murder Mystery Party!! Who was the murderer??? I love that cute little radio that Gary printed, how cool to have a 3D printer!! Now the clean up today, but so happy that you all had such a great time together!! Hope you find some time after cleaning to rest and relax!

@vickyday - Ohhh Vicky I am so sad to hear that you are having more health issues!!! Of course we will all send you healing good thoughts and wishes!! Could you perhaps have a UTI?? That was the reason that my Mother used to get so dizzy, she never even realized that she had it! My MIL has had that happen to her too, no clue that she even had one either. I turn 68 this April, so please don't tell me I will start to fall apart!! I hope that your Dr will get to the bottom of all of this for you! Sending you lots of hugs :hug1: :hug2:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Opps I hit reply LOL and not finished my post.

@BrightEyes - OMG I go to the store all the time and forget what I actually went there for in the first place!! Lists are a MUST for me now! Hope you get what you need and don't have to return to the store, like I often do :giggle4:.

Ok I have to call Heather she has been waiting for me to get back from the hospital to call her. Have a great day everyone! :waving3:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

I have to get busy shortly, but wanted to pop in first. I have to go to the doctor today - I guess it's been awhile and I called in for some refills and they said he would do it but I had to come in asap. UGH I hate going to the doctor, even though he's a really cool guy. This is the first time I've been there w/o Chuck. We always went together and they always saw us together. It's just for a med check, but still hate going. Chuck always took care of the doctor stuff and I just let it slip up on me. Well, the ball's in my court now.

Chris @faerywings you do look marvelous in your Roaring 20's garb. I knew you'd have a blast and I'm not surprised at all that you were laughing so hard you couldn't read your script.

Vicky @vickyday I'll keep you in my thoughts and close to my heart that your health issues get figured out.

Trudy @taxed4ever I don't know why everything takes so darned long at a hospital. It just eludes me - and you were the only one waiting - ugh. Hope your scan is ok, but I'm sure it will be.

Kay @BrightEyes if I don't have a list when I go to the store, I'm in trouble. I keep a running list in my phone now - I have an app called "lists" that I have categorized and every time I think of something during the day, I put it on my phone and under the proper category.

Chris @faerywings I DO have the best family! (Well, everybody thinks that, but you know what I mean). I got some major phone calls made yesterday - 4 in total - top of the chart places. The last woman, who was from GM Benefits) was SO kind (well, they all were). She said I would be assigned a Case Manager in the next few days, and they would help me "navigate through the whole process". Those were encouraging words, I tell you. My stomach is in a few less knots than it was before - they're still there, but they're controllable now. I can't wait to see the bench and totem either. We know where we're putting the bench, but not sure about the totem yet. Ava said we'd figure that out when she puts it together.

Well, I'd better run - I have to wash my hair - that's a joke with my sister and me. We can get ready pretty quickly if we don't have to wash our curly hair. Chris @faerywings I'm sure you can relate. :lol23:

XOXO

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Wonder if my body/mind is trying to get a jump on the "Spring Ahead" Daylight Savings Time by waking me up early??? :rotfl: Yes, another day of being up before sunrise. UGH!! At least I could have my coffee while I am on the computer this morning. I will be off and running errands this morning. In fact, I need to write down all the errands - things I need to buy, etc. or I am sure to forget something. Have you ever gone to the store for 1 item you must have and came home without it but with a lot of other stuff??? :lol23: Feel like today might be like that if I don't make a list!! I was looking on-line to check the prices for the camera storage disk... WOW have things changed since I bought the last one... Now they are in 90 - 160 GB. I am used to 16 GB!!! :floorlaugh: Yeah, my Cannon Camera is only about 17 years old!!!

@faerywings Love the photos of you ready for the party! Like that headband!!! Cant' wait to see the one with the crowd all dressed up!

@vickyday So sorry you had such a rough morning!!! About that dizziness - I was told by a doctor that when I first wake up, I should go from laying down to sitting on the side of the bed for a couple of minutes before getting to my feet. A rapid shift from laying to standing can bring on 'positional vertigo' and cause dizziness. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and hope you get to doing better.

Time to get dressed and ready to go. CYL
Thanks Kay! I actually wondered if it might be vertigo.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! It is pouring rain here this morning and I have already been to the hospital for a CT Scan that my Dr. ordered months ago. Sheesh!! Oh well its done and she should have the results in the next couple of days. I doubt that she will find anything as I have not been having problems with my arms falling asleep for the past month. But I thought I better get it done anyway. I had to be at the hospital 30 mins before the scan and then sat there for another hour waiting to get the darn thing. Things do not go quickly at our hospital. Not sure what took so long as I was the only one in the waiting room LOL. So no hike for me today, not only would I not have made it there in time, but it is raining cats and dogs out there and that is no fun to hike in. Today MIL and FIL meet with their realtor, the house across the street had two showings yesterday, so I am very doubtful that they will get the house. Oh well there are many others for sale in our area of town, there will be one out there for them.

@faerywings - You look Mawwwvelous!! I bet you all had such a fun time at your Murder Mystery Party!! Who was the murderer??? I love that cute little radio that Gary printed, how cool to have a 3D printer!! Now the clean up today, but so happy that you all had such a great time together!! Hope you find some time after cleaning to rest and relax!

@vickyday - Ohhh Vicky I am so sad to hear that you are having more health issues!!! Of course we will all send you healing good thoughts and wishes!! Could you perhaps have a UTI?? That was the reason that my Mother used to get so dizzy, she never even realized that she had it! My MIL has had that happen to her too, no clue that she even had one either. I turn 68 this April, so please don't tell me I will start to fall apart!! I hope that your Dr will get to the bottom of all of this for you! Sending you lots of hugs :hug1: :hug2:
The weird thing is I didn't feel dizzy. I just was totally off balance. You are healthier and have a more active lifestyle than I do so I think you will be fine at 68! I did walk a mile in 20 minutes today! I'm trying to move more! Thank you for the good thoughts and prayers whenever you think of me. :beatingheart:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

I have to get busy shortly, but wanted to pop in first. I have to go to the doctor today - I guess it's been awhile and I called in for some refills and they said he would do it but I had to come in asap. UGH I hate going to the doctor, even though he's a really cool guy. This is the first time I've been there w/o Chuck. We always went together and they always saw us together. It's just for a med check, but still hate going. Chuck always took care of the doctor stuff and I just let it slip up on me. Well, the ball's in my court now.

Chris @faerywings you do look marvelous in your Roaring 20's garb. I knew you'd have a blast and I'm not surprised at all that you were laughing so hard you couldn't read your script.

Vicky @vickyday I'll keep you in my thoughts and close to my heart that your health issues get figured out.

Trudy @taxed4ever I don't know why everything takes so darned long at a hospital. It just eludes me - and you were the only one waiting - ugh. Hope your scan is ok, but I'm sure it will be.

Kay @BrightEyes if I don't have a list when I go to the store, I'm in trouble. I keep a running list in my phone now - I have an app called "lists" that I have categorized and every time I think of something during the day, I put it on my phone and under the proper category.

Chris @faerywings I DO have the best family! (Well, everybody thinks that, but you know what I mean). I got some major phone calls made yesterday - 4 in total - top of the chart places. The last woman, who was from GM Benefits) was SO kind (well, they all were). She said I would be assigned a Case Manager in the next few days, and they would help me "navigate through the whole process". Those were encouraging words, I tell you. My stomach is in a few less knots than it was before - they're still there, but they're controllable now. I can't wait to see the bench and totem either. We know where we're putting the bench, but not sure about the totem yet. Ava said we'd figure that out when she puts it together.

Well, I'd better run - I have to wash my hair - that's a joke with my sister and me. We can get ready pretty quickly if we don't have to wash our curly hair. Chris @faerywings I'm sure you can relate. :lol23:

XOXO
Thank you, Cheryl :beatingheart:

pachimac

I solemnly swear I am up to no good!
CHEERY O
Doing a bunch of catch up CT Stuff and waiting for Melissa to call me to pick her up. We are going out to Sushi dinner for the birthdays - it's a tradition for Mike and Melissa but we haven't had a chance to do it yet.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Doing a bunch of catch up CT Stuff and waiting for Melissa to call me to pick her up. We are going out to Sushi dinner for the birthdays - it's a tradition for Mike and Melissa but we haven't had a chance to do it yet.
Hacw fun on Mike and Meli's sushi birthday dinner. Order me a California roll. :p