Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday, April 24

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ahhhhhh!! I have no idea what day it is or what I am doing!
:flyswatter:
I logged in here this morning and realized that I forgot to post my Art Journaling Challenge before I left for PA on Sunday. Oops. Then I thought it was already May and now I don't have a clue about anything. :eek3:

Normally, I would never go to PA on Sunday and come home on Monday. Wednesday is typically the day I pick up my grocery order but this week I had it set for Thursday. Excerpt Scott and Sam are coming for dinner tonight (usually he comes on Thursdays) so I added a few things to the shopping list and rescheduled it for this afternoon. This is all way too much for someone as date-challenged as me. eep
I'd better get my head on straight, it's only gonna get harder in the next couple of months.

Can I tell you all a secret?
I love my job. (talk to me at the end of field trip season and I might re-evaluate hahaha). The first field trip of the season - for me and Weis- was a success. I was in the stream for both sessions and the kids were super excited. The first group was "calmer" and did some of the data entry/observations they were supposed to do. Those teachers didn't want them in the water and for the most part, they listened. The second group. ha! Some of them were in up to their shins. One "fell" in. This group didn't bother with the data worksheets at all. The only thing they wanted to do was catch crayfish. That's not 100% true, there were a few kids who were totally into it and brought stuff up to me and Laney to look at. I am going to pat myself on the back because I could identify most of them on my own, and for a few, I used the key with the kids to figure it out.
Oh yeah-- a few girls screamed every time they saw a bug.

So... today. Yes, It is Wednesday. Scott and Sam are coming for dinner. I need to call my mom to check in on how she and my dad are doing. Picking up my groceries this afternoon. And I have to upload my AJ challenge page into the gallery.

Easy peasy. :lol23:

love and hugs!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Ahhhhhh!! I have no idea what day it is or what I am doing!
:flyswatter:
I logged in here this morning and realized that I forgot to post my Art Journaling Challenge before I left for PA on Sunday. Oops. Then I thought it was already May and now I don't have a clue about anything. :eek3:

Normally, I would never go to PA on Sunday and come home on Monday. Wednesday is typically the day I pick up my grocery order but this week I had it set for Thursday. Excerpt Scott and Sam are coming for dinner tonight (usually he comes on Thursdays) so I added a few things to the shopping list and rescheduled it for this afternoon. This is all way too much for someone as date-challenged as me. eep
I'd better get my head on straight, it's only gonna get harder in the next couple of months.

Can I tell you all a secret?
I love my job. (talk to me at the end of field trip season and I might re-evaluate hahaha). The first field trip of the season - for me and Weis- was a success. I was in the stream for both sessions and the kids were super excited. The first group was "calmer" and did some of the data entry/observations they were supposed to do. Those teachers didn't want them in the water and for the most part, they listened. The second group. ha! Some of them were in up to their shins. One "fell" in. This group didn't bother with the data worksheets at all. The only thing they wanted to do was catch crayfish. That's not 100% true, there were a few kids who were totally into it and brought stuff up to me and Laney to look at. I am going to pat myself on the back because I could identify most of them on my own, and for a few, I used the key with the kids to figure it out.
Oh yeah-- a few girls screamed every time they saw a bug.

So... today. Yes, It is Wednesday. Scott and Sam are coming for dinner. I need to call my mom to check in on how she and my dad are doing. Picking up my groceries this afternoon. And I have to upload my AJ challenge page into the gallery.

Easy peasy. :lol23:

love and hugs!!
I'm sure you "knew" someone was gonna end up "falling" into the water, LOL! I'm glad you had a good time and that it was a successful field trip!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@DesignsByCRK The main tidbit I know about quokkas is their cube-poop. :p I *think* I knew that about quokkas throwing their offspring. During Covid, the 4 of us had dinner every night, (I mean, where else would we be ;) )and we did a lot of silly games and fun facts. A lot of that revolved around animals. Cait would search for something ridiculous on her phone and quiz us. One thing I know we did was listen to koalas. The sound they make is 100% *not* what we were expecting Bwuhahahh!

@vickyday Hahahaha!!!! I hear ya about wanting to throw your own offspring at prey for P&Q!
The doctor's appointment sounds like it went wonderfully!! *happy dancing!!* Oh, I am so happy for you!!

@BrightEyes I was really happy that we set up the stations with the magnifying glasses, we used them to ID some of the smaller mayfly larvae. I would never have been able to see the tiny gills without them
Happy anniversary, you two had a match made in heaven ♥ I hope you had a day full of joyful memories.

@taxed4ever Happy belated birthday!! You might feel older than 68 but you sure don't look it. Or act it, you never stop moving! Good luck with the garage sale this weekend. When is the closing again?
I am beyond happy that you are still hiking every Wednesday. I was going to scold you and remind you about self-care if you weren't :)

@AK_Tracy You are organized with cleaning. I am a much more "hit or miss or miss again" type of housecleaner. Unless I have a family party, then I deep clean for several days. And yes, I am having the whole family here on May 19 (WTH was I thinking???) so you'll get to witness me have a meltdown over that. *wink*
I was wondering if you had any current child development links or websites you use. The director at my job wants to expand programs for younger kids. I used to teach preK so I know *what* to do, but if I am working on the curriculum, I want to explain it properly. My textbooks are long gone and outdated, even if I had them. If you can point me in the right direction that would be great. If you don't have anything like that in your arsenal (and indeed it is an arsenal LOL), that's cool. I'm sure I can dig some up.

Glad you all agree that is what a Tbsp of garlic should look like!

@Cherylndesigns Hugs to you on the three-month mark for Chuck. :hug3:

@scrap-genie I was looking around some more for pictures of the bird I saw and I *think* it might have been a juvenile phoebe. Comparing photos, the tufted titmouse looks smaller and lighter with a bigger crest.
Huhn. I was looking for an online photo to share and now I think it was a wood pee-wee. If I had to make a choice, I'd say a pee-wee head on Phoebe's body. Does it work that way? lol!!

@bcgal00 So good to hear the fur-babies are all good, Remi us fully recovered? Yay!
It might sound corny, but I am very happy and relieved for you guys finding a GP. I know that was one of the bigger factors for leaving Kamloops. Fantastic advice to Trudy

@JeanneMN I love how clematis looks and blooms. I don't get enough sun in my yard but there's a house down the street that has them and they are just stunning. I didn't realize how much training they need, maybe it's a good thing they won't grow in my yard LOL
Anna's videos are incredible. Her CT is amazing as well, they always add their process notes on their LOs and I pick up a few neat tricks when I read them. If you have any questions on what or how they did something, they are always happy to help.

To all the Mean Moms:
I am one too. But there will come a time when you can throw I told you so's back at them.
My kids complained all the time that I never bought them Lunchables. I thought they were unhealthy and bad for the environment. Wouldn't you know it, but a study was recently released that said they had a high level of lead (IIRC) in the packaging.
Told my kids See-- I was saving your lives by being "mean."
:floorlaugh:

Have a wonderful day, my dears!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
I'm heading to Wally World in a few minutes to see if I can find the OsCal and Inulin. I also need some more bone broth, bottled water, and coffee creamer for Mark.

Went to lunch with Mark yesterday after the doctor appt. But I stopped and picked Ilene up on the way back from the doctor. She had to change out of her pjs first, LOL! My kind of woman!

It is rather gloomy here today. I haven't checked the forecast, but it looks like rain. But it is warmer this morning than it was yesterday morning!

I'm feeling so much better about my doctor appointment yesterday that I think I am going to take myself off of MIA.....plus I'm itching to get into the store for the yumminess that has been going through it!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning.

Chris @faerywings thanks for straightening yourself and me out on what day it is. I thought it was Tuesday. We're a great pair, aren't we? I sat and looked at the calendar, even. I was too lazy to go get my phone in the bedroom - that's my standard go-to. Us and our days. I usually know what the date is, but not the day - how crazy is that?

Glad your field trip was fun but of course you had somebody "fall" in and of course, some of the girls screamed every time they saw a bug. I know you're loving every minute of your job. Thanks for the hugs for my 3 month "anniversary" if I can call it that. I woke up on the 22nd and just felt "off". I was grumpy and just "off". Then I realized why. Adrienne drug me out of here about 4:30 to go get a pedi. I didn't really feel like it, but I knew it would do me good. We ended up meeting the rest of the girls at one of our favorite restaurants for dinner, so it turned out to be a good day. Yes, Roger's still gone so we can "fly by the seat of our pants". LOL''

Vicky @vickyday I'm so thrilled that you feel well enough to come off MIA!! That's music to my ears - I'm doing the happy dance and and so glad that your new doctor is going to help you. I'm also beyond thrilled that you got Nicole's book!! There are definitely times when the "standard medicines and "regular doctors can't help us - I truly believe that. That's when we have to help ourselves and you've been doing so much research. You are going to figure this out.

I'm going to sign off for now, but maybe I can come back on later. Hugs to everybody who stops in and HAGD - it's Wednesday, it's Wednesday. :lol23:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning.

Chris @faerywings thanks for straightening yourself and me out on what day it is. I thought it was Tuesday. We're a great pair, aren't we? I sat and looked at the calendar, even. I was too lazy to go get my phone in the bedroom - that's my standard go-to. Us and our days. I usually know what the date is, but not the day - how crazy is that?

Glad your field trip was fun but of course you had somebody "fall" in and of course, some of the girls screamed every time they saw a bug. I know you're loving every minute of your job. Thanks for the hugs for my 3 month "anniversary" if I can call it that. I woke up on the 22nd and just felt "off". I was grumpy and just "off". Then I realized why. Adrienne drug me out of here about 4:30 to go get a pedi. I didn't really feel like it, but I knew it would do me good. We ended up meeting the rest of the girls at one of our favorite restaurants for dinner, so it turned out to be a good day. Yes, Roger's still gone so we can "fly by the seat of our pants". LOL''

Vicky @vickyday I'm so thrilled that you feel well enough to come off MIA!! That's music to my ears - I'm doing the happy dance and and so glad that your new doctor is going to help you. I'm also beyond thrilled that you got Nicole's book!! There are definitely times when the "standard medicines and "regular doctors can't help us - I truly believe that. That's when we have to help ourselves and you've been doing so much research. You are going to figure this out.

I'm going to sign off for now, but maybe I can come back on later. Hugs to everybody who stops in and HAGD - it's Wednesday, it's Wednesday. :lol23:
Thank you, Cheryl! Time to check out the challenges!
The days will get easier for you and you have a great support group in your family! :hug4:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, everyone. Yesterday was a happy, sad, and heartwarming day. Spent part of the day looking at Bill's Albums... and realized that there are several LOs of him that I haven't printed out and put in his albums. I need to do that soon. It was good to see how far I have come since he passed. Ah, the memories of trips we had taken, countries we traveled to, and times we spent together. What a wonderful life we had together. In the afternoon, while I listened to some favorite songs, I did a few chores then read for awhile.

Had the house opened up all day and enjoyed airing the house out again. I changed the sheets and took the down comforter off the bed. It is folded and at the foot of the bed. So glad I did as last night was warmer - in the high 50's. Ended up sleeping with just the sheet on. Will have a cool spell this weekend - down into the 40's at night and only in the low 60's during the day.

DD#2 called last evening and we talked for over an hour. Today is her anniversary.

If the wind stays calm, I will spray the weeds that are springing up in between the rocks in the front yard. I found the home-made weed killer (white vinegar, Epsom salt and Dawn soap) I made last summer.

@Cherylndesigns I was thinking of you yesterday. Glad the gals got you out for the pedi and eating out. I remember too well feeling off on the date each month the first couple of years after Bill passed. :hug2: Allow yourself to remember Chuck on those days but then do something that makes you feel better. Music and reading are usually my 'go - to' things. I am sure the gals will help you get through the sad days.

Be back later...

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Morning, everyone. Yesterday was a happy, sad, and heartwarming day. Spent part of the day looking at Bill's Albums... and realized that there are several LOs of him that I haven't printed out and put in his albums. I need to do that soon. It was good to see how far I have come since he passed. Ah, the memories of trips we had taken, countries we traveled to, and times we spent together. What a wonderful life we had together. In the afternoon, while I listened to some favorite songs, I did a few chores then read for awhile.

Had the house opened up all day and enjoyed airing the house out again. I changed the sheets and took the down comforter off the bed. It is folded and at the foot of the bed. So glad I did as last night was warmer - in the high 50's. Ended up sleeping with just the sheet on. Will have a cool spell this weekend - down into the 40's at night and only in the low 60's during the day.

DD#2 called last evening and we talked for over an hour. Today is her anniversary.

If the wind stays calm, I will spray the weeds that are springing up in between the rocks in the front yard. I found the home-made weed killer (white vinegar, Epsom salt and Dawn soap) I made last summer.

@Cherylndesigns I was thinking of you yesterday. Glad the gals got you out for the pedi and eating out. I remember too well feeling off on the date each month the first couple of years after Bill passed. :hug2: Allow yourself to remember Chuck on those days but then do something that makes you feel better. Music and reading are usually my 'go - to' things. I am sure the gals will help you get through the sad days.

Be back later...
Thanks for your encouragement, Kay. You and Vicky have sure helped me navigate these first few months. I'm so happy that you had a day of reflection and found peace in looking at Bill's pictures. You reminded me that I need to start getting the Layouts of Chuck printed, too. First of all, I'm going to get all of the ATC's printed, I could do that right now - I have quite a few of them ready. Maybe that would be good for my soul. Glad you had a nice long chat with DD and Happy Anniversary to her today. Opening up your house and changing your sheets sounds like the perfect topper to your day. :hug3:

EDITED: I just look at my Flickr album and I have 50 ATC's already done!

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy You are organized with cleaning. I am a much more "hit or miss or miss again" type of housecleaner. Unless I have a family party, then I deep clean for several days. And yes, I am having the whole family here on May 19 (WTH was I thinking???) so you'll get to witness me have a meltdown over that. *wink*
I was wondering if you had any current child development links or websites you use. The director at my job wants to expand programs for younger kids. I used to teach preK so I know *what* to do, but if I am working on the curriculum, I want to explain it properly. My textbooks are long gone and outdated, even if I had them. If you can point me in the right direction that would be great. If you don't have anything like that in your arsenal (and indeed it is an arsenal LOL), that's cool. I'm sure I can dig some up.
I am a control freak. Sorry ladies, but I have to tell you! I am a control freak and I run the control freak annoy group. I'm the only one in the group but ya know I run it. :yesss: So yes, I am organized. I find is extremely hard to be Gumby and bend at will and flex. Everyone likes me better when there is a plan. But it can be annoying too as everyone expects me to do all the planning. But yeah, I've learned how to organize and make it work. Plus, we only get paid once a month, so I have to be organized. Grocery planning a month at a time. A month of dinners planned. Yeah, control freak! That's me. :crown1::crown1::crown1: I wear that crown proudly.

Sorry to Say Chris, I do not have a child development link. Never occurred to me to look at one. I knew about when the milestones should happen, loosing teeth, walking talking, etc but not school development. I know my state has some "guidelines" but I never looked at them. (rebel yell) I knew what was needed for my kids and just always did my own thing. When my 3rd was struggling to read, I did get a tutor. I knew it wasn't okay and he needs some help. Turns out he's high functioning autistic and there was no way I was gonna get him to read on my own. He's also very auditory learner so after we figured that out I adjusted his schooling to his way of learning. But I never had a list or anything to look at that said development went this way or that. Sorry to not be a help. I can tell ya some amazing curriculum sites. That I do have an arsenal. Four kids who all were different, I have lots of curriculum sites. Well, if I didn't delete them in my clean up mode.

JeanneMN

My Wednesday (I never know what day it is, I'm retired so every day is Saturday) had better get a move on. Up at 4:15 and went to work out, got groceries where techie problems plagued me again when my Perks card wasn't as perky as it should have been. Took a while but I got over $8 back & the 25¢ gas perks it missed. Then it was off to Home Depot to return the dumbest smart device I've ever gotten. I was heading back to my car at the far end of the lot and as I was about to reach the door I noticed it was a Nissan, not a Buick . I stood there a bit trying to figure out what happened to my car which was one row behind me, the one I walked past on the way to the wrong one. Sheesh, some days I'm the squirrel & the chicken--- Oh lookie, wrong car. I'm going to go back to Anna's class & see if I can finish part 1 today. Yes @faerywings she is AWESOME, sometimes a little fast but that's what the rewind button is for. I'm a visual & auditory learner and usually saying it out loud as I do it. Even though I hear it and see it @AK_Tracy clean the house never seems to teach me anything . My 5 sisters in law and four brothers in law are all control freaks , so when they get together and all know everything about whatever it is, I need to leave the room, because it is sensory overload for me as each one gets louder.. Hubs is a semi-control freak because I don't react well to someone trying to control me. Catch y'all later.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. The time has flown by and I haven't done much this morning but did read some of my book, took the dogs out and checked emails. I'm heading out for the meet & greet with our new doctor. Then off to get groceries, we can stock the new freezer now. Then home in the late afternoon for a few hours before heading out to the book club mtg. I practiced with online mahjong last night as I watched tv. I think that'll be a regular routine, I can enjoy my shows but also start to get familiar with the mahjong card and all the groupings.

@faerywings It's not surprising that you are a perfect match for your job. You love the outdoors and are so inquisitive that if you don't know something you'll research and learn about it. I'm sure your enthusiasm and knowledge will make you a great leader.

I need to get out of here. Busy day ahead. BFN

JeanneMN

@faerywings and YES I love what Anna's CTs do with posting their process as well. I'm just learning her basics and had a couple of questions which were all replied to in a really speedy manner. I am really floored by all I don't know in Photoshop.

AK_Tracy

My Wednesday (I never know what day it is, I'm retired so every day is Saturday) had better get a move on. Up at 4:15 and went to work out, got groceries where techie problems plagued me again when my Perks card wasn't as perky as it should have been. Took a while but I got over $8 back & the 25¢ gas perks it missed. Then it was off to Home Depot to return the dumbest smart device I've ever gotten. I was heading back to my car at the far end of the lot and as I was about to reach the door I noticed it was a Nissan, not a Buick . I stood there a bit trying to figure out what happened to my car which was one row behind me, the one I walked past on the way to the wrong one. Sheesh, some days I'm the squirrel & the chicken--- Oh lookie, wrong car. I'm going to go back to Anna's class & see if I can finish part 1 today. Yes @faerywings she is AWESOME, sometimes a little fast but that's what the rewind button is for. I'm a visual & auditory learner and usually saying it out loud as I do it. Even though I hear it and see it @AK_Tracy clean the house never seems to teach me anything . My 5 sisters in law and four brothers in law are all control freaks , so when they get together and all know everything about whatever it is, I need to leave the room, because it is sensory overload for me as each one gets louder.. Hubs is a semi-control freak because I don't react well to someone trying to control me. Catch y'all later.
I only take control when someone says I can LOL I dont control people, just the chaos around me, like the kitchen, laundry, house. But each bedroom is on their own until it spills into my space.

DesignsByCRK

Designer
@DesignsByCRK The main tidbit I know about quokkas is their cube-poop. :p I *think* I knew that about quokkas throwing their offspring. During Covid, the 4 of us had dinner every night, (I mean, where else would we be ;) )and we did a lot of silly games and fun facts. A lot of that revolved around animals. Cait would search for something ridiculous on her phone and quiz us. One thing I know we did was listen to koalas. The sound they make is 100% *not* what we were expecting Bwuhahahh!

To all the Mean Moms:
I am one too. But there will come a time when you can throw I told you so's back at them.
My kids complained all the time that I never bought them Lunchables. I thought they were unhealthy and bad for the environment. Wouldn't you know it, but a study was recently released that said they had a high level of lead (IIRC) in the packaging.
Told my kids See-- I was saving your lives by being "mean."
:floorlaugh:

Have a wonderful day, my dears!

I had an early night last night, so was asleep before the thread was posted. Oooh your covid lockdown sounds much more fun than ours was. Homeschooling a special needs child was pure hell.

Nobody expects Koalas to sound like that - they look so sweet and adorable and sound worse than a swamp rat.

I think you're getting Wombats and Quokkas mixed up - Wombats are the ones with the cubed poop.

I wasn't a mean mum, but I was a strict mum. Michael had severe adhd and no impulse control. He grew out of it eventually, but even at 30 he still has poor impulse control. I had to be strict with him, because if you gave him an inch, he took 100 miles. We've always had a very loving and close relationship though, and he thanks me now for how strict I was.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Well hello everyone! It's been a busy day here. My mom lived with us for 3.5 years and I was her caregiver. She was 95 and had Alzheimers. She passed away on March 8th of this year so it's been a bit of roller coaster these past 6 weeks. I boxed up her clothes yesterday and took them to a place that supports domestic violence victims. We also removed the carpet in her room a few weeks ago and this week had it replaced with laminate. Tomorrow we paint mom's room - we have a couple of summer interns from church who are going to bunk up in mom's room for the summer so we have to get it ready. So it's been an emotional and busy week.

And yesterday we also had a backsplash installed in our kitchen. 30 years of marriage and we've never had a tile backsplash.

@faerywings - It's so wonderful that you love your job! How exciting that must be to be outdoors with the kids exploring nature.
@Cherylndesigns - I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband. My deepest sympathies go out to you.
@BrightEyes - I'm sorry also for the loss of your husband.

Sounds like there are some bird lovers amongst us! I'm a bird lover too.

It's been fun catching up on the thread and getting to know you all a little better.