Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Wednesday April 10

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
hey there Ooos! How is everyone this morning?

I'm doing good! Yesterday was an incredible day to be outside. Sunny and mid-70s. I'm so glad I was out in the woods because the clouds and rain are rolling in... again. The field trip training was exciting! We started with some Tree identification and data collection and then we were off to the streams for water quality assessment and macroinvertebrate ID. I was completely geeking out over the macros. The lead educator seemed happy that I was so excited. At times I feel silly- I work with people in their 20s. Meanwhile, I am scooping up the water and peeking at the bugs like *I* am a little kid.
I'm sure it will be really hectic once we have the school kids with us but it was awesome yesterday.
I am working this afternoon with the homeschool kids. It's going to rain again but that doesn't seem to bother them at all.

What good plans do you have today?
Have a great one!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@FloridaGranny
Wow, that's so interesting about the baby! Now, if you can get her Mom to start scrapbooking... :D
For real! What a great page that would be :lol23:

@BrightEyes It took me a while to figure out where Windows 11 was hiding my icons. You'll get it in no time!
You know what I am going to say about days and dates being mixed up- It happens to the best of us. :D I thought today was Thursday and almost typed it in this thread, not once but twice.
Did you have a fun visit with your friends?

@vickyday I think it is a cowbird from what I saw online. Here's another photo:
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 06-39-48 Photos - Google Photos.png
In a different one I took, it looks like its head is lighter than its tail. It's hard to tell with the dappled sunlight and it wasn't making a sound.
How is your sunburn today? Hope all of the swelling is gone. I thought of you yesterday when I was in the sun- I have to invest in good sunscreen since I'll be outside a lot. I wasn't prepared yesterday and only had on moisturizer with some SPF. I typically never burn but the sun feels a lot stronger (or it is that my skin is a lot older.... Naaaaaahhh. It can't be that! LOL)
Hope you enjiyed your PJ Day!

@Cherylndesigns I used to do that with water and crystals during full moons, but never thought of it during an eclipse. Even if it works because of the placebo effect, whatever helps energy and moods makes sense in my book.
Argh! I am so jealous that you are ready to plant things outside! I started a few seeds indoors yesterday but need to find some planters and buckets to get the rest of them in. We still have another month before the last frost.
So what did you get???? Tell me so I can live vicariously through you! :flower:

@EvelynD2 I have been working at an ecology center as an environmental educator since January and I love it. From what I hear, field trip season gets pretty wild, so check in with me in June to see if I survive. Hahaha!

Love to you all!

FloridaGranny

I'm popping in again. (This could get to be a habit, lol). @vickyday If you don't have the Merlin app for your phone, get it!! You open the app, hold the phone where you hear the bird, and it tells you what bird it is... and shows a photo, too! Sorry if you already know all that. I love the photo you took, by the way.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
hey there Ooos! How is everyone this morning?

I'm doing good! Yesterday was an incredible day to be outside. Sunny and mid-70s. I'm so glad I was out in the woods because the clouds and rain are rolling in... again. The field trip training was exciting! We started with some Tree identification and data collection and then we were off to the streams for water quality assessment and macroinvertebrate ID. I was completely geeking out over the macros. The lead educator seemed happy that I was so excited. At times I feel silly- I work with people in their 20s. Meanwhile, I am scooping up the water and peeking at the bugs like *I* am a little kid.
I'm sure it will be really hectic once we have the school kids with us but it was awesome yesterday.
I am working this afternoon with the homeschool kids. It's going to rain again but that doesn't seem to bother them at all.

What good plans do you have today?
Have a great one!
Your training sounds like a lot of fun! Have fun with the kids today!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@FloridaGranny

@BrightEyes It took me a while to figure out where Windows 11 was hiding my icons. You'll get it in no time!
You know what I am going to say about days and dates being mixed up- It happens to the best of us. :D I thought today was Thursday and almost typed it in this thread, not once but twice.

View attachment 416647
In a different one I took, it looks like its head is lighter than its tail. It's hard to tell with the dappled sunlight and it wasn't making a sound.
How is your sunburn today? Hope all of the swelling is gone. I thought of you yesterday when I was in the sun- I have to invest in good sunscreen since I'll be outside a lot. I wasn't prepared yesterday and only had on moisturizer with some SPF. I typically never burn but the sun feels a lot stronger (or it is that my skin is a lot older.... Naaaaaahhh. It can't be that! LOL)

@Cherylndesigns I used to do that with water and crystals during full moons, but never thought of it during an eclipse. Even if it works because of the placebo effect, whatever helps energy and moods makes sense in my book.
Argh! I am so jealous that you are ready to plant things outside! I started a few seeds indoors yesterday but need to find some planters and buckets to get the rest of them in. We still have another month before the last frost.

@EvelynD2 I have been working at an ecology center as an environmental educator since January and I love it. From what I hear, field trip season gets pretty wild, so check in with me in June to see if I survive. Hahaha!

Love to you all!
The sunburn is better today.....at least the swelling is better, but not gone yet. The cold compresses helped a lot yesterday. The puffiness is mostly below the eyes now. My face is peeling like crazy and I can NOT leave it alone, LOL!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is a cow bird.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm popping in again. (This could get to be a habit, lol). @vickyday If you don't have the Merlin app for your phone, get it!! You open the app, hold the phone where you hear the bird, and it tells you what bird it is... and shows a photo, too! Sorry if you already know all that. I love the photo you took, by the way.
Yes, chatting here is habit-forming! ;). But, we love staying in touch!
I just downloaded the Merlin app. I've been meaning to do it, so I just stopped reading your note and did it, LOL! Thanks! (The picture of the cow bird is Chris's @faerywings , BTW)

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning to all,
The face is less swollen today, mostly under the eyes now. Thank the Lord!

Today is still rainy, so I'm in my pj's again and catching up on laundry. That is, unless I hear from Ilene and end up going to her house.

HAGD to all!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Yesterday was a fun time with the gals. We laughed and chatted and laughed some more. Did my heart good to be with them again. Son-in-law#1 will be here this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing him - been almost a year. I need to decide about supper... enchiladas or ham. Yes, I have the spiral cut ham since Jim and Alyn had to leave so quickly. I should open the package and slide it up and freeze most of it. Will see how my arms are feeling before I do that.

Yes, I am fumbling my way around Windows 11. I actually scrapped a LO yesterday afternoon. And realized that a lot of shadows, fonts, etc that I use were not added to PSE19 on this computer. So I spent time loading, adding and resetting things. So glad I have all the fonts/shadows/etc on the ExHD so it is just a matter of reloading them. Had to remember where my favorite tool - scroll with mouse wheel to enlarge/shrink the LO - was!!! I am sure I will discover other things I need to add as I go along. Just remembered I have several favorite actions I need to reload. And the big one is if I want to renew my Best Buy Total Tech membership and my Webroot security. That expires next week... eekkk! Seems like everything is happening this month.

@FloridaGranny Great to see you here... stick around with us, gal.

@vickyday - so sorry about the sun poisoning. Hope the face doesn't peel too much.

@faerywings Sounds like yesterday's training session was lots of fun. Yes, I can see you getting so excited about all you are learning. Sorry that it will be raining today with the home-school kids on the walk.

@Cherylndesigns Hope you find new plants for the archway. We are still dropping into the freezing at night but the potted daylilies are sending up spiky leaves in all but one pot. And even the shrubs that I planted last year are hanging in there. I need to change the drip system to twice a week soon. We have been getting enough rain but will be heading into a dry spell next week.

Need another cup of coffee and get dressed. HAGD

JeanneMN

Monday night I wore 3 layers under my winter coat and couldn't even zip it, which was the case all the time a few years back and it wasn't because I was adding more clothes, sweatpants, stocking cap a took my flannel quilt so I could sit through dgs baseball game. After that I froze awhile longer at the gun range so he could get his trap shooting for the week in. Last night it was dgd track meet, where silly me, the sun was shining yesterday & I left some layers at home and you guessed it froze at a track meet, which went on forever LOL. So glad my grands go out for "Spring" sports. I did notice my daylilies were out of the ground about 3 inches, but I think I saw them wearing parkas last night. @vickyday so glad the sun poisoning is getting better, that sun just feels so wonderful it sneaks up on my winter white chicken skin too, but wow, you got hit hard. Slits for eyes is zero fun. Have a great day or sleep well as the case may be, everyone.

Last edited:

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
@vickyday glad the face is less swollen.

me just working today, leaving early to take a kid to a well visit. Fussing at the 19 year old about eating healthy and getting rest. But hey he is 19 and knows it all hence that is why he is currently sick.

yes, my sarcasm really knows no bounds. lol.

Trying to figure out vacation plans but husband is truly a moving target on that.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... yup its me just popping in for a minute before I head out for my hike today, then SIL Linda and I are off to the In-Laws once again to get some more packing done. We need to organize the tables for the garage sale too, that will be happening on the last Saturday and Sunday of this month. It's all coming together, but still so very much to do. I have been selling things like crazy on Facebook Marketplace and soon the In-Laws won't have any furniture left to move :giggle4: . Thats ok they want to purchase a bunch of new stuff anyway. This Saturday we are hosting FIL's 90th birthday party, so I have been busy with that too. I do miss being here and catching up with all of you! Sorry I will be absent for a while longer as we will spend the next month taking care of the rest of the packing and getting rid of stuff that does not sell at the garage sale. Hopefully we can donate a good portion of it! I will celebrate my birthday with FIL, can't believe I will be 68 years old :crazy:. I will sign off here and wish all of you a wonderful day! I hope to pop in a bit more, but no guarantees. Sending you all some spring sunshine :sunnyeyes:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

It's 60 here today and raining. The rest of the week looks good though. The lowest low for the next ten days is 51. I think we'll be able to put the bench together in the next week or so. It has to be 65 or above for a low for 3 straight days. I'm getting so anxious and know exactly where we're going to put it. Adrienne and I pulled weeds yesterday and cut down one of my huge grasses. I went online and it said it was okay to cut them back in the spring. They have gotten huge and are encroaching on the tree that Chuck planted a few years ago. It was just a sapling and now it's getting so big. The grasses had split into two, so we followed the Youtube video and tied one of them with twine and started cutting with my big trimmers. Got one of them cut down and we're going to transplant it at the side of the house. We worked out there for close to an hour and got so much done.

@faerywings our plans got hijacked yesterday, so tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and we're going back to the nursery to get our plants. I'm getting the same kind that I had last year. The plants I have on hold are really long already though and we figure that each one (I'll get two) will already go halfway up the sides of the arch. They're Black-eyed Susan vining plants. (I'll be sure to take pictures of all of my plant babies. It's the same nursery that has the plant "buggies". You remember how cute those were.

I'm glad that you had such a great training session and I can just see you running from tree to tree like a little kid. I never heard of energizing crystals under the full moon, but I'll have to try that. I wash mine periodically and lay them in the sun to energize them. I'll have to try the full moon method. I'll let you know if the eclipse water energizes me.

@BrightEyes Windows 11 has a definite learning curve. I hated it at first, but am getting used to it now. I could NOT find the power settings for awhile. WHY do they have to change everything? I just go online (usually Youtube) to find out where things are. It's crazy but they think they're "helping us'. My theory is, whenever some entity says it's to help us or to make it easier for us, that a bunch of hooey. Glad you had a good time with the gals. You needed that.

@vickyday glad your sun poisoning is a little better, you poor thing. You look miserable, but I'm sure you feel even more miserable. Did the Aloe help at all?

@taxed4ever it's SO good to see you pop in! I know how busy you all must be! Girl.................you do not look like you're 68!!! Have a great celebration with your FIL. Happy birthday to both of you. :partyhorn::cake1:

@JeanneMN @FloridaGranny and @mywisecrafts good to see all of you pop in here.

Hugs to everybody.
XOXO

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
@FloridaGranny

View attachment 416647

Love to you all!
I used to love to go to teacher workshops at the science museum in Nashville. They had programs called "Wet and Wild" which were about the eco system. It was so interesting and they always had the best teaching materials and lunch!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Yesterday was a fun time with the gals. We laughed and chatted and laughed some more. Did my heart good to be with them again. Son-in-law#1 will be here this afternoon. Looking forward to seeing him - been almost a year. I need to decide about supper... enchiladas or ham. Yes, I have the spiral cut ham since Jim and Alyn had to leave so quickly. I should open the package and slide it up and freeze most of it. Will see how my arms are feeling before I do that.

Yes, I am fumbling my way around Windows 11. I actually scrapped a LO yesterday afternoon. And realized that a lot of shadows, fonts, etc that I use were not added to PSE19 on this computer. So I spent time loading, adding and resetting things. So glad I have all the fonts/shadows/etc on the ExHD so it is just a matter of reloading them. Had to remember where my favorite tool - scroll with mouse wheel to enlarge/shrink the LO - was!!! I am sure I will discover other things I need to add as I go along. Just remembered I have several favorite actions I need to reload. And the big one is if I want to renew my Best Buy Total Tech membership and my Webroot security. That expires next week... eekkk! Seems like everything is happening this month.

@FloridaGranny Great to see you here... stick around with us, gal.

@vickyday - so sorry about the sun poisoning. Hope the face doesn't peel too much.

@faerywings Sounds like yesterday's training session was lots of fun. Yes, I can see you getting so excited about all you are learning. Sorry that it will be raining today with the home-school kids on the walk.

@Cherylndesigns Hope you find new plants for the archway. We are still dropping into the freezing at night but the potted daylilies are sending up spiky leaves in all but one pot. And even the shrubs that I planted last year are hanging in there. I need to change the drip system to twice a week soon. We have been getting enough rain but will be heading into a dry spell next week.

Need another cup of coffee and get dressed. HAGD
Yup. The face is peeling! I'll be glad when it is done!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Monday night I wore 3 layers under my winter coat and couldn't even zip it, which was the case all the time a few years back and it wasn't because I was adding more clothes, sweatpants, stocking cap a took my flannel quilt so I could sit through dgs baseball game. After that I froze awhile longer at the gun range so he could get his trap shooting for the week in. Last night it was dgd track meet, where silly me, the sun was shining yesterday & I left some layers at home and you guessed it froze at a track meet, which went on forever LOL. So glad my grands go out for "Spring" sports. I did notice my daylilies were out of the ground about 3 inches, but I think I saw them wearing parkas last night. @vickyday so glad the sun poisoning is getting better, that sun just feels so wonderful it sneaks up on my winter white chicken skin too, but wow, you got hit hard. Slits for eyes is zero fun. Have a great day or sleep well as the case may be, everyone.
Yeah, mine was pretty much "white chicken skin" too until the burn! HA!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... yup its me just popping in for a minute before I head out for my hike today, then SIL Linda and I are off to the In-Laws once again to get some more packing done. We need to organize the tables for the garage sale too, that will be happening on the last Saturday and Sunday of this month. It's all coming together, but still so very much to do. I have been selling things like crazy on Facebook Marketplace and soon the In-Laws won't have any furniture left to move :giggle4: . Thats ok they want to purchase a bunch of new stuff anyway. This Saturday we are hosting FIL's 90th birthday party, so I have been busy with that too. I do miss being here and catching up with all of you! Sorry I will be absent for a while longer as we will spend the next month taking care of the rest of the packing and getting rid of stuff that does not sell at the garage sale. Hopefully we can donate a good portion of it! I will celebrate my birthday with FIL, can't believe I will be 68 years old :crazy:. I will sign off here and wish all of you a wonderful day! I hope to pop in a bit more, but no guarantees. Sending you all some spring sunshine :sunnyeyes:
Happy 68, Trudy!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

It's 60 here today and raining. The rest of the week looks good though. The lowest low for the next ten days is 51. I think we'll be able to put the bench together in the next week or so. It has to be 65 or above for a low for 3 straight days. I'm getting so anxious and know exactly where we're going to put it. Adrienne and I pulled weeds yesterday and cut down one of my huge grasses. I went online and it said it was okay to cut them back in the spring. They have gotten huge and are encroaching on the tree that Chuck planted a few years ago. It was just a sapling and now it's getting so big. The grasses had split into two, so we followed the Youtube video and tied one of them with twine and started cutting with my big trimmers. Got one of them cut down and we're going to transplant it at the side of the house. We worked out there for close to an hour and got so much done.

@faerywings our plans got hijacked yesterday, so tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful and we're going back to the nursery to get our plants. I'm getting the same kind that I had last year. The plants I have on hold are really long already though and we figure that each one (I'll get two) will already go halfway up the sides of the arch. They're Black-eyed Susan vining plants. (I'll be sure to take pictures of all of my plant babies. It's the same nursery that has the plant "buggies". You remember how cute those were.

I'm glad that you had such a great training session and I can just see you running from tree to tree like a little kid. I never heard of energizing crystals under the full moon, but I'll have to try that. I wash mine periodically and lay them in the sun to energize them. I'll have to try the full moon method. I'll let you know if the eclipse water energizes me.

@BrightEyes Windows 11 has a definite learning curve. I hated it at first, but am getting used to it now. I could NOT find the power settings for awhile. WHY do they have to change everything? I just go online (usually Youtube) to find out where things are. It's crazy but they think they're "helping us'. My theory is, whenever some entity says it's to help us or to make it easier for us, that a bunch of hooey. Glad you had a good time with the gals. You needed that.

@vickyday glad your sun poisoning is a little better, you poor thing. You look miserable, but I'm sure you feel even more miserable. Did the Aloe help at all?

@taxed4ever it's SO good to see you pop in! I know how busy you all must be! Girl.................you do not look like you're 68!!! Have a great celebration with your FIL. Happy birthday to both of you. :partyhorn::cake1:

@JeanneMN @FloridaGranny and @mywisecrafts good to see all of you pop in here.

Hugs to everybody.
XOXO
Yup! The aloe helped! Made the dead skin softer and easier to peel off!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday glad the face is less swollen.

me just working today, leaving early to take a kid to a well visit. Fussing at the 19 year old about eating healthy and getting rest. But hey he is 19 and knows it all hence that is why he is currently sick.

yes, my sarcasm really knows no bounds. lol.

Trying to figure out vacation plans but husband is truly a moving target on that.
Thanks, Esther! Me, too!

JeanneMN

changes to windows is as "helpful" as the grocery store moving things. Have you ever posted something and gone back and read it again and "you" don't even know what you were talking about? feeling a bit under the weather today, I think it's stress more than anything, maybe it's Scrapping withdrawal. I fly by the seat of my pants all the time, except for scrapping, if I don't get stuff organized a bit I can't function. My O treasures are organized now so I have no more excuses, well I have more but - - - . . . . .

FloridaGranny

Yes, chatting here is habit-forming! ;). But, we love staying in touch!
I just downloaded the Merlin app. I've been meaning to do it, so I just stopped reading your note and did it, LOL! Thanks! (The picture of the cow bird is Chris's @faerywings , BTW)
Oops about the photo being yours. That's what happens when one only pops in now and then instead of being a faithful reader. :blushing1: And I was so sorry to read about your face and sure hope it heals quickly and gets back to normal soon. Ugh!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Oops about the photo being yours. That's what happens when one only pops in now and then instead of being a faithful reader. :blushing1: And I was so sorry to read about your face and sure hope it heals quickly and gets back to normal soon. Ugh!
HA! No problem, Diane! I didn't mind, but I didn't want to take credit for something that wasn't mine. And the face is much better today. The puffiness is mostly under my right eye now.....slowly disappearing.