Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Tuesday, October 4

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I had to check and double check the day and date. Not being here yesterday threw me off a bit.

Can I just say OMG- I was so amazed at the Documentary? It was amazing seeing it all finished. Truly. I was good, I didn't cry although I did get choked up at one point when there was a photo of Scott when he was about 4 or so. Seeing him then, and then on the screen when he was so sick at 15, and how his is now. It was pretty intense. The doc. covered so much info, both from a medical perspective and the human perspective. The dr interviews always make me mad and frustrated, because it seems so futile. These drs try so hard and the IDSA/conventional medical community is resistant to the facts. The human/patient part was a mix of sadness and strength. it was shocking to see how sick Scott was, how he looked, how he talked.
I was in it much more than I expected. I thought I was going to be a "passing glance" but I had several appearances. My favorite ironic quote was when I had said (paraphrasing) that I would never wish cancer on anyone, but with cancer, there is support; medical, financial, health insurance coverage, ribbons galore. With Lyme- nothing.
This was before I was Dx'd with cancer and let me tell you, I stand by that statement 100%, esp this month being "Pink-tober." Lyme patients would love to have a month dedicated to Lyme awareness and fundraising. Technically May is Lyme Awareness month, but you would never know it. It is aways an odd feeling when I put on my Lyme awareness Alex and Ani style bracelet with my Relay for Life bracelet. It is indicative of the situation. The Lyme bracelet was made by a Lymie, trying to raise funds on her own (I did the same with my Lyme in the Coconut body care line) The Relay one, mass produced instantly recognized symbol and all that.

Well, this doc. is one additional step in the larger picture and I am so proud to be part of it. The doc is going to be available to the public after it screened and hopefully it will help.

So that it the Lymie part of my life. Today is the breast cancer part of it. Off the breast surgeon for another 6-month follow up. I will be most likely getting my script for a breast MRI. I am going to see if this can be my last follow up as long as the MRI comes back clear. I am kinda of done with drs. heh.

I better get in the shower, but i will come back and catch up with everyone soon!

nancyr

Good morning - well it has been a busy two days. My hockey festivities were fun. The Devils are trying hard with their One Jersey motto this season. They set up board walk games and had areas where the Devils players had Q&A and photos. Well the Devils have two new players Taylor Hall and Kyle Quincy and luck of the draw I got my photo with them. Then later I got a chance to talk to Kyle and he was really nice. I got my own hockey playing card. And since I paid for my hockey tickets with my Amex card I got rewarded with entrance to the Devils team practice and then Amex had a special section for free food. Well my son and DIL were happy about that. Then yesterday was just recovering from the weekend LOL. My DH is sick. Head cold, cough and slept all day Sunday. He went to work but today is home trying to get better. Hopefully I will be going to lunch with my girlfriend as we did not get to go to dinner as her daughter ended up in the hospital with a kidney stone. She is just in her late 20s so it is crazy to me to get a stone that early! Then last night was Anna's topography class. I thought I knew the text tool in photoshop but I learned more and I learned out the 3D tool. Now to play with what I learned. Today is grocery shopping. Yuck but must be done!

Chris congrats on the documentary. I hope it goes to all family doctors so the word gets out. Congrats on speaking out! Some celebrity needs to take on this cause and then it will get its due respect and funding.

Trudy those FaceTime conversation must be so fun. My sister and I could do it but neither of us wants to see the other early in the am LOL.

Rae hope the photo shoot went well. And how calm is your house without Beckham or are you and Taz missing him.

Have a great day all!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi Nancy! I hope you get some time to breathe today :)

Really quick from yesterday:

Rae- thx for opening the thread on Monday :)
What a great surprise to see the roses at the venue. Miss Peregrine must have been so awesome. We watched Beetlejuice last night (again) and Tim Burton is just so cool.

Trudy- Skype must be the best thing ever invented for long distance g-parenting. So happy that you can do that!
Time to head out

oxoxo!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning O-zies! Its dark and foggy here this morning. Feels like winter is on its way :mmph: Yesterday I spent a lot of time looking around for a few things to throw in with the parcel I sent to DD and Mason. DD had mentioned that she needed some cookie cutters for Christmas cookies. I stopped at this wonderful store called Pots and Paraphernalia and found some awesome cookie cutters for her. Then I bought some paints and a brushes and a couple of Paw Patrol colour/paint books for Mason, he really loves to paint these days. (just like his gee gee) LOL. Of course a couple of Kinder Eggs made their way into the box too. Mason also loves the Disney mini lego figures and is missing a few so I found the ones that he was missing on eBay.ca and had them shipped out to him. Yikes its not even Christmas yet, I better save some ideas for then :becky: I did a bit of DSD shopping and bought the calendar templates I love! So I guess I will have to get busy making those soon. None for the Auzzie clan this year as my brother and wife are not going to Australia at all this year and I simply can't afford to do that shipping. Brother and his wife are still on their trek across Canada and should be heading back home by now. Last we heard they were headed to the Rock (Newfoundland) and are having a wonderful time! I am so jealous!! My DH would never do that trip, he would want to drive straight out there and never stop to do anything fun. After our trip to the Grand Canyon I swore I wouldn't travel in a vehicle with him ever again, he would drive right by all the places I wanted to stop and see :rollpin: that was me by the end of the trip. Not fun!! Although I did love the Grand Canyon!!

Chris - So glad that the Documentary turned out so good! I am anxious to see the full version! Is it available for anyone to watch?? I hope that Lyme gets the recognition that it truly deserves! Like Nancy says it will take someone very famous to get the ball rolling on fund raising! Hard to see your children so sick!! I still cry whenever I see pics of Heather in the hospital and shortly after she arrived home. Hard to believe just how sick they really are! How did we live through all of that?? Oh dear we all have a story don't we?? Wiping tears away now so I will stop!! :tape: Good luck at your Dr.s appt. today, I am sure that you are done with Dr's !!

Nancy - Sounds like you had a great time with your Devil's festivities!! Two days of hockey, you must have been in heaven!! Sorry to hear that your DH is sick, I hope he gets better soon and that he does not give it to you!! Luther must have missed you while you were busy with your hockey fun! Glad you are enjoying your Anna classes, I have yet to master that 3d tool LOL. Looking forward to seeing what you create with your new knowledge!

Rae - Nice to hear that you and Bailey enjoyed the movie so much! You are so great for taking her under your wing the way that you do! Hope you got some nice pics of the roses in the surprise garden that you discovered. Some of my roses are still blooming and are a nice vibrant colour now that the sun isn't baking the colour out of them. I think I need to move them to a different spot, it is far to hot and sunny where they are now. Hope your work day is not too intense and that you and Taz get out for a walk in between the rain cloud bursts!
umbrella-smiley.gif

The coffee pot is calling me so I will run and grab a cup and some breakfast. Hoping to get some layouts posted to the gallery today and then a nice relaxing day to myself. Still have not gotten back into swimming yet, so perhaps I should give that a go today? We will see. LOL its so much easier to be lazy isn't it?? Have a great day ladies!! :wave:

Aussiekat

*** squirrel!! ***

^

This is what the last few days have been like for me. There I was, all ready for DSD weekend, scrapping, shopping, more scrapping ... and then I decided to stop by Michaels and pick up some yarn to knit a sweater. Two hours later and the first ball of yarn is done and I'm like :shock: Back and forth on the knitting needles, not a care in the world ... and no scrapping.

Enter scrapping. Move to computer, have goodies on EHD ... and ... and I keep thinking that I'd really like to knit ... again.

Mojo, meh. I'll just jump in with some October challenges, I think.

Chris, when the documentary is available to the public, if you have a link, I'd love it -- my old boss is still battling Lyme every day and her bad days are ... well, you know what they're like. She has a great network of "lymies" and I'm sure they'd love to see it.

scribler

The O is my hOme.
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! Right now, I am concerned about Hurricane Matthew. Let's hope it decides to keep moving East. Right now, we are under a hurricane watch. Landfall is not expected here, more likely the NC/SC border. However, it's skirting close so I am keeping a close eye. FPL sucks at restoring power, so that is my big concern.

Chris, I'm glad that documentary turned out well. Hopefully it will help raise awareness and that will lead to more funding.

Nancy, glad the hockey festivities went well. How fun you got a chance to learn more abot using photoshop.

Trudy, I think some spoiling of the grand children could be happening here. :O) I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Kat, I've been struggling for months with no mojo. I wish you the best of luck in finding some. But at least you've got knitting going strong. :O)

Aussiekat

Cindy, stay safe with the hurricane - and to other O's who might be impacted! I've got friends in the VA Beach area and they're getting ready for a lot of wind and rain!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. A quick pop in here for me. Aside from working, I am trying to edit as quickly as I can. My computer is dying. It is giving me error messages, deleting files, messing things up. I have to keep closing everything down b/c something glitchy happens and as I try to edit. I have 80 gigs on a partitioned drive C. All the other drives are fine but the C drive fills up the 80 gigs in a few minutes of running photoshop and crashes. It is possible that my failing EXD/power cord problem last week did more damage to my computer than I thought. So, I am trying to edit as quickly as I can and get the edits moved onto another drive to load into the client gallery. I have no idea when the computer will just crash completely and be done. I have the memory cards of the two sessions from this last week so can reload into a new computer if needed but I sure hope I can get them edited and loaded safely, and maybe move a few things off this computer in time. Then I have to decide whether to get this harddrive rebuilt or get a new one. After last week's cost of retrieving info off the failing drive onto a new EHD, I really am not happy about having to spends hundreds more again just a week later. Not how I wanted to spend our savings.

Chris - I too would really like to see the Lyme documentary.

Gotta go, ladies...wish me luck. It's going to be a crazy week of trying to edit with constant computer crashes. I'll chat later with you on my tablet. Have a good day everyone.