Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Tuesday, May 27

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Uh-oh! I almost made today Monday! That would not have been good!
Did you all have a nice weekend? I saw lots of pics on FB of parades and BBQ's.

I thought I was going to be terrified the whole way up with Scott driving, but man, he did good! I taught him well :car::rockon: And in less than 6 months I am going to have to start again with Cait, after she turns 16. Gah!

One day we went into the little town and walked around some of the antique shops. That was with my mom and kids. The next day, we went to a nature preserve and hiked that trail. That was with my dad, since that is *not* an adventure for my mom at all. hehehe! We say and heard some neat birds but darned if I know one from another. I was desperately looking for newts or frogs but no luck. Scott found a "Sun-something other other" that is a carnivorous plant, so that was cool.

Then yesterday the kids had to make their obligatory trip to Walmart and the Cactus Man, who has been selling scott cacti for several years now and recognizes him as soon as he walks in. Got stuck in crazy traffic on the way home. There was construction and the highway goes from to lanes to one lane and we were prepared for that. But then there was an accident and it was back up for miles. Took us 3 hours to get home. But we made it.

I wish I could stay home and unpack and scrap some of my new pictures today but we are off to the kids lyme dr and that is always a fun (NOT!!!) day. Good thing I like their dr a lot but it is exhausting.

Tip on Tuesday:
Remember that Mother Nature can be psychotic and it can and will go from 50*'s one day to 80* the next, so pack prepared for all seasons!

xoxoxoxo!!!!!!!!!!

nancyr

good morning yesterday was a beautiful day. We started by going to our local Memorial Day parade. We have been going for years and it still makes me feel good to see our town celebrate this holiday. Came home mowed the lawn and put down weed killer. While I was mowing the lawn my DH was carpet cleaning. We rewarded ourselves with India food for dinner. Then spent the evening uploading my photos to Flickr. It was such a fun trip.

Chris sounds like you had a great holiday. I bet the traffic was bad.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Good Morning- I spent Memorial Day with my son and his gf. We went to a Nats game (they lost) and then to a barbeque at a friend of my son's friend house and arrived before the invited guests- however the host and hostess were amazing. Brings back your belief in the goodness of humanity. Wonderful couple- true host and hostess. Anyways, today is a travel day. Tomorrow- I vote for beach day. I am so enjoying not thinking anything work. We have been on the concierge floor- such spoiling. Did I tell you that late afternoon this hotel brings out a small table in the lobby filled with jars of different candy?? Oh yum. Okay- prolonging repacking and getting ready to go out on the road.

petey111

Good morning! We had a pleasant day with the family yesterday. Then we came home and moved mattresses to the basement where it was 70. It was 84 on the main floor and probably about the same upstairs. The upstairs gets decent enough circulation, but it's upstairs...so it's hot. We camped in the basement and probably will be doing that for a few days until the air gets fixed.

So today, our new beds are coming. Yes...beds. Here's the thing - My husband is 6'3" and sleeps like a rock. I am 5'1" and am a horribly light sleeper. We don't need separate rooms like a lot of people do, but we do need separate beds. So that's what we got! We did this before when we pushed our guest bed and regular bed together. It worked well. Then we got the new "comforpedic" bed that we hate. Well...I hate. So we had until Labor Day to exchange it. That's what we did. We each picked out our own queen and are pushing them together. I swear, if people had more room in their bedrooms, that's what they should do! We have a rather wide bedroom, so it works, but I know lots of people wouldn't be able to fit that. It's awesome though!

In addition to that, we have three people or so coming to look at the air. Last time it broke, two summers ago, it was the compressor. I think it's that again, but everyone was saying we should replace it. So we were prepared for this. I'm just glad it didn't do it when it was 105. It's been decently cool the last few days and we could still live here and it was fine. Last time - it was 105 in the house. It was horrendous!!

Well, I need to go pick up some more before people start invading. Talk to you all later!

janedee

Good morning all! Sounds like everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.
Sara - hope you get your AC fixed before the weather heats up again.

Les has been preparing for weeks to bike from BC to Ontario - training, checking out biking blogs, packing, etc. Today is the big day!!! He left this morning and thinks it will take him just over a month. Its something that's been on his bucket list for years but he couldn't take the time until he retired. I know he's fit enough, but I still can't help worrying!

whatnext

Jane, that is just AMAZING!! good luck to him. tell him to keep his cell phone on and charged so you can keep tabs on him. i guess after he gets through BC and Alberta, it's all downhill to Ontario!

Chris, sounds like a good time, except for the traffic jam and coming home to the Lyme appointments. isn't it hair-raising to be in a car driven by your kid? mine are oldish now, and i STILL hate being in a car they're driving!!

Nancy, i miss being in a town with a Memorial day parade. some day you'll have to let me know what town you live in so i can move there!

Sara, the two mattresses sound perfect. our bedroom is too small for that, so i've been sleeping in the library, on my recliner. it would be nice if i could move the recliner up into the bedroom, but no way. hope your AC gets fixed without it costing you a fortune.

wow. what a weather weekend THAT was!! amazing. we didn't have a cook-out, but it was great for everyone who did. we invited my BIL over for Memorial Day, since his wife is away visiting family in Hawaii, and he requested my homemade pizza. so that was our "cookout." today, i've just been running around, trying to get my act together for the upcoming beach-a-thon. erg....

hope everyone's happy and healthy and facing Tuesday with a sense of humor. :becky: