Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Tuesday, May 21

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Just in case you haven't seen the good news, Vicki and her family are ok. But her community seems pretty much wrecked by all of this. I live in an area where there aren't too many natural disasters (hurricanes mostly but nowhere near the level they get in the southern US coastal region.) I don't think anything would scare me more than a tornado and the photos I have been seeing are truly terrifying. I don't typically watch things like this on tv/video b/c the images get way too stuck in my brain.

Not much to say except to send love to all of those affected.

The other news is that my *baby* is 17 today. Holy crap, time FLIES!!!!!!!

Off to work at MIL's today then make scott home made pizzas for dinner with stuffed mushrooms and mozzarella stick onthe side

Love to all, hug your fam's really tight!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
MOrning all - So thankful that Vicki and family are okay. I cannot fathom what it is like to have that happen in your community. Off to work today- my boss has told me no more staying late. So I guess we will work at giving me more time to complete the necessary work. Made for a stressful day- plus we are beginning a new schedule system in June and I have no clue how to look at my schedule and my scheduler wants me to check to see that it is done correctly- yikes. With that, off to work today!!

LSlycord

Good morning all. Just a quick check in from me. My first knowledge of the devastating tornadoes was Facebook. So glad that Vicki and family are ok. So very sorry for the hardships in that area.

Chris...17...really? How does that happen? And then I realize that he was about Shaun's age when I first met you. Ugh... Time goes too fast.

Laurie, sounds like you have some trials at work. Hang in there.

Thinking of my O family today. Grateful for each and every one of you.

LSlycord

:eyebrows:And, Chris, just so you know, I am going to spend my weekend regaining the lead on the post count. You should be watching over your shoulder.

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Linda S!!!!! That can't be.... it is just WRONG!!!!!!! I should go delete a bunch of my posts. I should never be ahead of you. Its going to rip the fabric of the space-time continuum!

(And I am 100% serious!)

whatnext

Linda!!! HIYA!!!! glad you stopped by.

Laurie, your work sounds so complicated sometimes I don't even understand what's going on!! this is what happens to a person who has been out of the workforce for 32 years. I got clueless....

Chris, can I come over for dinner tonight?? happy BD to your excellent son. believe me. sooner than you can imagine, he will be 30.

another trip to the gynie today. honestly. let's just sew the thing SHUT and be done with it. :mmph:

on a nicer note, I've been able to do a lot of yard work because the weather has been so GOOOOOD! I had been putting off an annoying job involving dirt, lime and grass seed. I finally tackled that this morning, so DONE. my tomato plants and pepper plants and basil are planted so, i'm good. hopefully the tomatoes will be as great as they were last year. I made some great salsa last year.

it's starting to look a little weird outside. i'd better check the radar and see if anythings going through. oh, poor Oklahoma!! that a school was hit head-on is just too much to bear. was Vicki really close to where the worst devastation was? really awful.

enjoy Tuesday, O-fam! :becky:

nancyr

Good morning - that OK damage is unbelievable! So glad that Vicki and family are only without power! After living through the wind of a hurricane which I thought was totally scary I cant imagine hearing 200 mph winds. On the funny side - I have a bird feeder outside my kitchen window which has lost its top but the birds seem to love it as they eat from the top but --- well my son came in to talk to me and said I think a bird is stuck in the feeder - I said sure! Got up to look and sure enough a mourning dove and fallen in head first and could not get out. I got my son to get the feeder down and he laid it flat and the dove backed its way out and then flew right at my son too funny! But at least all ended well! Got in a good walk!

Chris times goes so quickly enjoy his birthday! Homemade pizza is awesome!

Phylis hope visit goes well. Congrats on getting your garden going.

LindaS have fun posting I know everyone enjoys comments on their pages! You and Chris do a great job!

Laurie good luck with your job and doing more in less time!

Have a great day all!

meagan43

Good morning, all!

I am also shocked to see how horrible that tornado was. I have been through a small tornado that luckily diverted before hitting us, but it was still very scary. I can't imagine being through one of this magnitude. Thinking of those there and with family there.

Chris - happy birthday to your son.

Laurie - that is always a pain when the same work needs to be done in less time. I hope you get it "worked" out!

Phylis - glad that someone is good with green things - it certainly will never be me.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... late getting in here, I have spent the last hour trying to find some forum about why my IMac is suddenly making a ticking noise?? It better not be anything serious, I just got the darn thing and I am not going to be here to make sure it gets fixed. MG uses my old computer because he is a PC guy, but he will have to learn to use this so we can facetime while I am away. Only a couple of days left and I am outta here. That tornado really did do a number on that poor community!! I can't imagine having to live through something like that! We get earthquakes and that's scary enough!! So glad to know that Vicki and family are all fine!

Chris - Really?? Your baby is 17 already!! Yikes the years just fly by don't they? I hope he has a great birthday! Say Happy Birthday to him from all of us ladies here at the "O"!

Laurie - sounds like work is getting a bit overwhelming! Hope you get the schedule all figured out and it works out the best for you!

LindaS - So happy to see you back here again! Hope you will be sticking around and keeping the rest of us on our toes for our comment posting! I have been a very bad cheeryO lately and have been ignoring the gallery just a bit. Too much to do these last few days before I leave to Ontario. Then I will only have limited time on a computer I am sure.

Phylis - Sounds like you had a busy weekend and morning in your garden! Hope your tomatoes are great again this year! Yummmm Salsa, so good!! Had to laugh at your comment about sewing it all up,:pound: yes I agree it would be so much easier!!

Nancy - love the story about the dove in your feeder!! I agree with Phylis they are flying cows...soooo stupid!! Bruins play tonight and hoping for another big win!!

Meagan - Hope you get to slow down a bit today, sounds like you have been kept very, very busy!!

Well I have to paint the old garden bench from the backyard today and was thinking of doing it a blue/green colour sort of like a Caribbean sea colour, what do you think? I would love to have some brightness and colour in my backyard and sure am tired of the boring old white. Then a few things to get packed in my suitcase and chill to make for hubby while I am away. (he is spoiled!!) Have a great Monday everyone! :wave:

Kiliki

hey sorry been busy....with the kids they are out of school now...and the last couple of days they had some activities and stuff at the school that I went to....so yeah not sure how much I will be around now with them home....

just stopping in to say HELLO!! and to say two of my ducks were killed by my dog today grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LSlycord

Hello all. Just a quick one tonight. But need to get my fingers limbered up.

Still feeling so bad for the people of OKC. My uncle and aunt live 3 blocks from Briarwood Elementary which was hit hard. My uncle has lung cancer and had spent the last 3 weeks in the hospital recovering from surgery. (Which was successful!) Fortunately, my cousin had gone over to get them and take them to her house knowing that the storms were coming. Their home was 3 blocks from Brentwood Elementary. My cousin's husband made the 10 minute drive to my uncle's this morning and it took 3 hours. But no major damage...just lots of debris, etc.

Phylis and Nancy, I laughed when I read about the mourning doves. We have one that has built a nest on our front porch. Syd was so worried the other night when we had storms but the mom and baby survived.

Chris, I hope that Scott's birthday was super. Trudy...are you heading to your daughter's? I think a blue bench sounds beautiful! Perfectly soothing!