Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, March 5

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Whoops! I almost had a rerun of March 4th. But it is the 5th and we should be set. :nod1:
I said that yesterday was going to be a mash-up for me and it pretty much was just that. Groceries, laundry, vacuuming- all taken care of. (as of today, tomorrow I'm gonna be back to square one LOL) I got a good yoga session in for stretching the quads. I should mark that one as a favorite for after my hikes. I made it to Coloring Crew, got home, and started dinner. It was kind of a blur of day.
The house renovations are coming along for Caitlyn and Tom. They are splitting the cost with us for the flooring and paint. We are in charge of the leaking bathroom. We got that estimate in yesterday and it should be started in a week or so. I think that by April the new living space will be just about ready for them. I'm going to take every last job opportunity that I can. Blergh.... I don't think we will ever get ourselves out of debt. But we can't take a chance of the bathtub upstairs falling into the bathtub downstairs :showering::eek::waving2:

In the morning, my local Facebook hiking groups posted that a female hiker, slightly older than me, had been missing since the day before. She was found yesterday afternoon, alive but disoriented. Thank goodness!! The assumption is that she got lost or turned around somehow. That's one thing that always concerns me when I go out on my own. I wanted to try a new park this Friday but now I am thinking twice. Scott said the trails aren't clearly marked. If he is up-county and has time, he will text me and meet up.

My crocuses are looking phenomenal and my hydrangea buds are starting to pop!! :dance2: If it's not raining, I want to get some pictures but it's really gloomy out there right now.

My task for today is to start painting their "living room." They have everything spackled and sanded. I would like to get a coat of primer on the ceiling and walls. If time and shoulder strength permit, a coat of paint on the ceiling.

Wishing you all a very happy day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes How did you sleep last night? I hope that the wind was calm and let you rest.
Take it easy on your back if you do any work on your daylilies soon. My freezer is just about empty too. I have a pack of ground beef from the FP that I need to defrost and make meatloaf out of it and then refreeze it. I can't/won't eat beef so I kept saying I'll do it one night that Scott is here. Then I think about it and chicken out. (Cow-out? :cowwaving: LOL)

@taxed4ever Noooooooo!! Sorry about the snow! I hope that it melts away soon.
Happy birthday to Sadie! I thought of her yesterday when I texted my niece for her b-day. She is 26 and it's terrifying how fast everyone is growing up. Make it stop, just to let us oldsters catch our breath :rotfl:

@vickyday Is Forsythia native in your area? You can grow it easily and it is super easy to divide it and plant it in other places. The branches lean to the ground and send out new roots. Trim some of the branches and plant them in a new spot. I usually grab some when I prune them and take ones that have already started rooting in the ground. Mine don't get tons of sun so they bloom a little later than my neighbors who get full sun but it's all good.

TTYS!! xo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Whoops! I almost had a rerun of March 4th. But it is the 5th and we should be set. :nod1:
I said that yesterday was going to be a mash-up for me and it pretty much was just that. Groceries, laundry, vacuuming- all taken care of. (as of today, tomorrow I'm gonna be back to square one LOL) I got a good yoga session in for stretching the quads. I should mark that one as a favorite for after my hikes. I made it to Coloring Crew, got home, and started dinner. It was kind of a blur of day.
The house renovations are coming along for Caitlyn and Tom. They are splitting the cost with us for the flooring and paint. We are in charge of the leaking bathroom. We got that estimate in yesterday and it should be started in a week or so. I think that by April the new living space will be just about ready for them. I'm going to take every last job opportunity that I can. Blergh.... I don't think we will ever get ourselves out of debt. But we can't take a chance of the bathtub upstairs falling into the bathtub downstairs :showering::eek::waving2:

In the morning, my local Facebook hiking groups posted that a female hiker, slightly older than me, had been missing since the day before. She was found yesterday afternoon, alive but disoriented. Thank goodness!! The assumption is that she got lost or turned around somehow. That's one thing that always concerns me when I go out on my own. I wanted to try a new park this Friday but now I am thinking twice. Scott said the trails aren't clearly marked. If he is up-county and has time, he will text me and meet up.

My crocuses are looking phenomenal and my hydrangea buds are starting to pop!! :dance2: If it's not raining, I want to get some pictures but it's really gloomy out there right now.

My task for today is to start painting their "living room." They have everything spackled and sanded. I would like to get a coat of primer on the ceiling and walls. If time and shoulder strength permit, a coat of paint on the ceiling.

Wishing you all a very happy day!
You've been a busy little bee!
I think it's wonderful you are able to divide the house so Cait and Tom can live there!
Hope you have a wonderful day!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes How did you sleep last night? I hope that the wind was calm and let you rest.
Take it easy on your back if you do any work on your daylilies soon. My freezer is just about empty too. I have a pack of ground beef from the FP that I need to defrost and make meatloaf out of it and then refreeze it. I can't/won't eat beef so I kept saying I'll do it one night that Scott is here. Then I think about it and chicken out. (Cow-out? :cowwaving: LOL)

@taxed4ever Noooooooo!! Sorry about the snow! I hope that it melts away soon.
Happy birthday to Sadie! I thought of her yesterday when I texted my niece for her b-day. She is 26 and it's terrifying how fast everyone is growing up. Make it stop, just to let us oldsters catch our breath :rotfl:

@vickyday Is Forsythia native in your area? You can grow it easily and it is super easy to divide it and plant it in other places. The branches lean to the ground and send out new roots. Trim some of the branches and plant them in a new spot. I usually grab some when I prune them and take ones that have already started rooting in the ground. Mine don't get tons of sun so they bloom a little later than my neighbors who get full sun but it's all good.

TTYS!! xo
Forsythia must be native as it is everywhere. Ilene has some I could get some cuttings from. I'll have to talk to Mark and see where we could plant them.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning Ooosie Sisters!
The sun is shining. It's gonna be a mix of sun and clouds all day. 45 feels like 43. Going up to 70! Basically a repeat of yesterday. I made myself get out and do some walking in the backyard and the beginning of the woods for about 20 minutes yesterday afternoon before Mark got home. Of course I had my phone with me, listening to an audiobook and snapping a few pictures of the tiny flowers popping up all over the yard! I did some vacuuming, just hitting the traffic areas, and putting some things away that had gotten out of place over the weekend. We had salad and baked potato for supper. And that was basically my Monday, besides dealing with IBS and the bathroom all day.

Today my main task is to check into some of the people running for office that we don't know much about so we can go and vote after Mark gets off work. I'm not looking forward to standing in that line with my back! I'm praying it moves along quickly!

Ilene will probably call but my stomach is a mess today.....again! I used the last of the Nystatin yesterday and did the salt water rinse at bedtime. The tongue looks pretty good today, thank You, LORD! I will use the salt water rinse several times a day and pray for a clear mouth from now on! What a nuisance this is/has been!

Will you pray with me about the decision I need to make regarding the osteoporosis treatment? The two treatments the DEXA scan doctor and my PCP doctor want to do have scary side effects! I have contacted a Naturopathic clinic near me to see if they treat osteoporosis and IBS and if they accept insurance. I just don't know what to do! As someone who only takes Tylenol as needed for my headaches and Tylenol pms every night, I am just anxious about taking drugs that you have to weigh if the benefits outweigh the risks!

Hope you all have a great day!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, Ooosies. Had a good night last night... no wind howling and keeping me awake, thank goodness. Asleep by 9:15PM and woke up at 6 AM. Just over 8 hours sleep so won't complain at all. I will set the alarm tonight to make sure I am up and dressed in time for my doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Decided that I will wait until Thursday or Friday to go to the commissary. The back is still a bit uncomfortable so no point in aggravating it by being on my feet too long and hauling grocery bags around.

Just posted this week's FWP - Rain Dance by AFT LO. Love Momma O's 52 Inspirations - Spring Beauty... so filled with flowers and spring themed things. The gallery is suddenly filled with spring themed LOs. Really gives my spirt a lift to see them. Guess it is time to think about changing my siggy from Valentine's to either St Pat's Day or Easter. :giggle4:

@faerywings Sorry to hear about you having to take out the tub and replace the floor but it is better to get it done before it falls through the floor!! Glad that Cait and Tom are pitching in to do alot of the rehab work to make a mini-suite for them. Oh, how scary that a lady got lost on a hike... glad they found her. Yes, you are wise to wait until Scott can go with you as you explore the woods.

@Cherylndesigns did you get your PSE2023 working again??? That is so frustrating when it goes wonky. I have both PSE2019 and PSE2024 on my computer. Not sure why but the PSE2024 hangs up on me at times. I have been able to escape it but it usually takes shutting the computer down and doing a restart. It has happened enough that I am using PSE19 most of the time now. :rollingpin1::stupicpc: I will have son Jim load both onto my new HP just to make sure I have at least one that will work.

@vickyday So sorry you are having problems still. Yes, that is a tough decision you have to make with the osteoporosis treatment. I will be keeping you in my prayers as you make the decision.

@taxed4ever Snow again??? Guess it is still winter time up where you live. Sending wishes that the funding for the sale of in-laws' goes through quickly.

Off to get more coffee and something to eat for breakfast.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning lovely O ladies! It is a gorgeous sunny morning and the sun is shining on the snowy mountain tops, so pretty!unnamed-1.jpgunnamed.jpg
All of the snow on the ground has melted, but it is freezing here this morning and DH couldn't get his truck door open, so he has my CRV again today. Did I tell you that MIL and FIL had another showing of the property on Sunday? Well the people put in a full price offer with absolutely no conditions, so if the first offer falls through, then they have this backup offer. Either way the property is sold and we will have to move them into the house across the street, am I ready for this?? :hahano:. OMG its going to be a lot of work and there will be a lot of tears!! So sad to see the family property go, but it is for the best, none of the kids or grands or cousins or anyone in the family want to take it over. Mostly because we can't afford it, but also because its in the middle of nowhere and no shopping, doctors or anything. We only hope that they will be happy being so close to family and having us to watch out for them.
Its time for a new family to make memories there now. So today I will try to do another page with some of the pre-releases and I want to start a new project in my craft room. I love the cutting boards that have an ocean scene poured on them with pigment paint mixed with resin, it looks easy enough and I have all the stuff I need, so I thought I would give it a go. I will soon have to make a card for SIL Linda's birthday, but not just yet, her big day is on the 26th although we might all be busy packing and purging so maybe I should get started on it pretty soon?? SIL Linda and I are going up to the property on Thursday, to start taking photos of the items to sell on MarketPlace and to deliver more moving boxes, one of the moving companies is going to be there to give them a quote, hope FIL doesn't have a heart attack when he finds out how much its going to cost!!

@faerywings - Your Monday sounded like my Sunday with all the household chores getting done! Seems like in a couple of days it will all have to be done again LOL. It's a never ending cycle right?! That's great that the house renos are all coming along nicely! Yes you don't want the bathtub upstairs landing in the bathtub downstairs thats for sure! You will be busy painting, and soon it will all be done and I bet it will look amazing! I hope that you can get in lots of work days, so you can pay for your share, we are all in the same boat, in debt and always will be LOL.

@vickyday - Sending you all of my good wishes and healing thoughts that you find the right answer for your Osteo treatment! There must be something out there that doesn't give you some horrible side effect if you try it!! I hope that your back doesn't give you any pain as you wait in line today! Happy to hear that at least the tongue is looking better today! What a time you have had with your health lately! :hug1:.

@BrightEyes - Glad to hear that you had a better sleep with the wind not howling all around you! Yes it is still very much winter here, but it is good to have some kind of snowpack on the mountains, for spring runoff. The ski resorts will be happy they should have lots of snow, they are much higher mountains, so there should be lots of the white stuff! I hope you have a lovely day of scrapping today!

Ok off to the shower and get the morning chores done. Hoping to hear about the financing from the first offer today as the realtor is meeting with the In-Laws at 11am. Either way the place is sold, it happened so much faster than we all anticipated! :waving3:

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Do we believe in coincidences? I sure don't. I get a notification from my news app, that Hungary's president signed that damn paper finally - and Sweden will become a member of NATO. Just a couple of minutes later, I get yet another notification from the same app. Now tons of people are getting logged out from Facebook, Messenger, Youtube, Instagram, Google & G-mail. I'm not saying it's true & I'm not naming names, but there miiiight be someone who's not happy about NATO's growing.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Morning, Ooosies. Had a good night last night... no wind howling and keeping me awake, thank goodness. Asleep by 9:15PM and woke up at 6 AM. Just over 8 hours sleep so won't complain at all. I will set the alarm tonight to make sure I am up and dressed in time for my doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Decided that I will wait until Thursday or Friday to go to the commissary. The back is still a bit uncomfortable so no point in aggravating it by being on my feet too long and hauling grocery bags around.

Just posted this week's FWP - Rain Dance by AFT LO. Love Momma O's 52 Inspirations - Spring Beauty... so filled with flowers and spring themed things. The gallery is suddenly filled with spring themed LOs. Really gives my spirt a lift to see them. Guess it is time to think about changing my siggy from Valentine's to either St Pat's Day or Easter. :giggle4:

@faerywings Sorry to hear about you having to take out the tub and replace the floor but it is better to get it done before it falls through the floor!! Glad that Cait and Tom are pitching in to do alot of the rehab work to make a mini-suite for them. Oh, how scary that a lady got lost on a hike... glad they found her. Yes, you are wise to wait until Scott can go with you as you explore the woods.

@Cherylndesigns did you get your PSE2023 working again??? That is so frustrating when it goes wonky. I have both PSE2019 and PSE2024 on my computer. Not sure why but the PSE2024 hangs up on me at times. I have been able to escape it but it usually takes shutting the computer down and doing a restart. It has happened enough that I am using PSE19 most of the time now. :rollingpin1::stupicpc: I will have son Jim load both onto my new HP just to make sure I have at least one that will work.

@vickyday So sorry you are having problems still. Yes, that is a tough decision you have to make with the osteoporosis treatment. I will be keeping you in my prayers as you make the decision.

@taxed4ever Snow again??? Guess it is still winter time up where you live. Sending wishes that the funding for the sale of in-laws' goes through quickly.

You know what, Kay? I still have an older version of PSE. I'm going to see if I can get that to work. Thanks for the reminder. I about lost it last night! Then I decided to use PSCC and it drives me nuts. This is not the time for a big re- learning curve. I would love to learn how to use it, because there's so much more that can be done, but now it not a good time. :stupicpc::banghead:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

So glad you slept well last night!
I need to change my siggy, too!
Thank you for your prayers! I so appreciate them! :heartpumplove:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning lovely O ladies! It is a gorgeous sunny morning and the sun is shining on the snowy mountain tops, so pretty!View attachment 414336View attachment 414337
All of the snow on the ground has melted, but it is freezing here this morning and DH couldn't get his truck door open, so he has my CRV again today. Did I tell you that MIL and FIL had another showing of the property on Sunday? Well the people put in a full price offer with absolutely no conditions, so if the first offer falls through, then they have this backup offer. Either way the property is sold and we will have to move them into the house across the street, am I ready for this?? :hahano:. OMG its going to be a lot of work and there will be a lot of tears!! So sad to see the family property go, but it is for the best, none of the kids or grands or cousins or anyone in the family want to take it over. Mostly because we can't afford it, but also because its in the middle of nowhere and no shopping, doctors or anything. We only hope that they will be happy being so close to family and having us to watch out for them.
Its time for a new family to make memories there now. So today I will try to do another page with some of the pre-releases and I want to start a new project in my craft room. I love the cutting boards that have an ocean scene poured on them with pigment paint mixed with resin, it looks easy enough and I have all the stuff I need, so I thought I would give it a go. I will soon have to make a card for SIL Linda's birthday, but not just yet, her big day is on the 26th although we might all be busy packing and purging so maybe I should get started on it pretty soon?? SIL Linda and I are going up to the property on Thursday, to start taking photos of the items to sell on MarketPlace and to deliver more moving boxes, one of the moving companies is going to be there to give them a quote, hope FIL doesn't have a heart attack when he finds out how much its going to cost!!

@faerywings - Your Monday sounded like my Sunday with all the household chores getting done! Seems like in a couple of days it will all have to be done again LOL. It's a never ending cycle right?! That's great that the house renos are all coming along nicely! Yes you don't want the bathtub upstairs landing in the bathtub downstairs thats for sure! You will be busy painting, and soon it will all be done and I bet it will look amazing! I hope that you can get in lots of work days, so you can pay for your share, we are all in the same boat, in debt and always will be LOL.

@vickyday - Sending you all of my good wishes and healing thoughts that you find the right answer for your Osteo treatment! There must be something out there that doesn't give you some horrible side effect if you try it!! I hope that your back doesn't give you any pain as you wait in line today! Happy to hear that at least the tongue is looking better today! What a time you have had with your health lately! :hug1:.

@BrightEyes - Glad to hear that you had a better sleep with the wind not howling all around you! Yes it is still very much winter here, but it is good to have some kind of snowpack on the mountains, for spring runoff. The ski resorts will be happy they should have lots of snow, they are much higher mountains, so there should be lots of the white stuff! I hope you have a lovely day of scrapping today!

Ok off to the shower and get the morning chores done. Hoping to hear about the financing from the first offer today as the realtor is meeting with the In-Laws at 11am. Either way the place is sold, it happened so much faster than we all anticipated! :waving3:
Your inlaws will probably get used to being closer to the family and wonder why they didn't move sooner! Sounds like they have a good backup deal should the current one fail!
We were in and out very quickly when we went to vote yesterday, thank the Lord! So, no back issues! Yes, I have had a time with my health lately! Such is life! Hopefully, this, too, shall pass! Thankful for your thoughts and good wishes! :heartpumplove: