Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday. March 21

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:sunnyeyes:

Looky! We have new smilies! If that doesn't make you smile, then go look at all of them and see if you can find one that does. How about this one?

:windy1:

That's how I have been feeling. Physically- when I am outside. Mentally- in my brain.
I got lots of stuff done yesterday. All of the housework stuff was crossed off the list. I even lightly raked the dead stuff off the daffodils and hyacinths by the mailbox. (Don't get impressed, I only raked the leaves about 5 feet down the driveway. LOL) Scott showed me some of the photos from the training, seems like the group was full of good people. He is already looking at some more advanced courses to take eventually. Plus the search and rescue leader told him that he is one of the higher-ups in the medically trained volunteers and is qualified to take charge of that on any rescues. He was like-- yeah... how about I shadow the EMT volunteers first ;) He and Sam are in PA for a few days at my parents' house. Hope they are relaxing and staying warm out there.
My hiking boots came yesterday and he said they looked great, also suggested that I wear them around the house to break them in. I am really glad that I listened to you all about going up a size. If I ordered my regular size I think I would end up with very cramped toes.
I did scrap a little for MMM. It was a CT "job" but I had fun and it "flowed." So that counts. :nod1:

Our new oven is coming today, please oh please let it be in perfect condition. *fingers crossed* We have a history of appliances and furniture getting delivered damaged or incorrect (although who doesn't?).

Ugh--- my grocery order has been so botched up. I just got another text update and the time is wrong and I can't modify it. Whatever, it's fine.

TfT - Tip for Tuesday- Any tips you wish to share. How to do something in Photoshop, a great recipe, how to soothe an upset child, etc.

My TfT is to always have a backup plan for online grocery orders ;)
I had a "real" tip the other day and of course, I can't remember what the heck it is today.
But I do have this one instead: You can freeze fresh ginger. Cut the root into chunks, put them in a Ziplock (I used two), and defrost them as needed.

:haveagoodday:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord hope you survived your first day!

@Nonni F Sounds like you have some amazing grandkids, but I am with you on not wanting to be a great grandma when the kids are still in HS.
hahaha! Love that smilie you posted for Trudy :)
Is it feeling anything like spring by you? We might get some warmer temps today, please please, please. I hope you do too.

@vickyday I love how the sweater is coming out, especially the ribbing and color. I bet that you'll finish it soon.

@bcgal00 your temps are very similar to ours at the moment. It's 30* right now but should get close to 50* this afternoon. You have such extreme weather too, I remember how dang hot was last summer.
Poor Taz and his tummy-That makes so much sense to block him from that area. Is it mean that I can imagine his grumpy face and laugh a little?
How sad about the lack of elder care :( Gary's grandma was in one briefly that was awful but my MIL moved her out as soon as a spot opened up at a facility near her. I hope I never need anything like that too
Love the sloth GIF ♥

@taxed4ever you made it out of the jungle! LOL! You had some big projects to deal with in the yard but I bet it looks incredible, especially with some of the flowers blooming. BTW, how did the window install go? Can you look out and see all of the hard work you did from them?
I am going to guess that if you asked your Gary what he thinks about the background, he will say it is perfect and only you will notice any mistakes. Every painting you have shown us is always stunning. I can't imagine this one is different.

:grouphugyay:

Nonni F

Good Morning, Everyone! Beautiful, sunny day here in New Hampshire. @faerywings it should be in the 50s today. Spring is definitely getting here. ...even if the entire town green is still covered in snow. It's moisture for the Earth so I won't complain. I'll be mowing the acre every three days soon enough.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Yesterday I ended up spending more time outside the house than in. So I didn't get as much knitting done as I had hoped. But I did almost get one sleeve done. A few more rows and then the ribbing. I tried the sweater on this morning to check the sleeve length. It is definitely going to be warm! And I think I could've gone a size smaller. But it will be like wrapping myself in a blanket! ;)

Mark has a friend who lost his wife last week. The viewing was last night, so we went to that after he got home from work. Then we went to Lowe's to look for an upright freezer. Didn't find exactly what we are looking for, so we are still looking. Then we went to supper at Ruby Tuesday's. I had their fairly new Deconstructed Kabobs. It is beef, peppers, onions, zucchini on rice with a side of herbed garlic butter (which I gave to Mark for his baked potato). It was yummy! I told the waitress that it would be good with chicken, too!

Today is the funeral, which I am going to bow out of and stay home. I'm dealing with a blasted headache this morning. And even though it is 28* the sun is shining brightly! Mark will come home early from work to clean up for the funeral and then go back to work afterwards. I will be knitting most of the day. I may even finish the sweater!

I have no tips to share. If I think of something I will pop back in but I will be listening to an audiobook as I knit, so my brain will probably not be very tip-worthy today! ;)

Have a GREAT day (think Tony the Tiger). ;)

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I plan to scrap, go to the dog park and get the dogs' nails clipped at the groomers. Jen went into Vancouver for the dentist yesterday and will be back later today. Soon she will be done with the braces, maybe 1 or 2 more visits, then she won't have to travel back and forth.

@faerywings Sounds like Scott is really settling into his career. How wonderful that he gets to do what he loves and he is so good at it. Glad you like your new boots.

@vickyday Sorry to hear about M's friend's wife. Sorry to hear you are dealing with a headache today. Hope it improves throughout the day.

I'm going to get get another coffee, put some laundry in and do some CT work. I also want to look online for short chelsea boots and then will look at the mall.

HAGD everyone.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone! I am late arriving here, but I was up very early and went to the pool to get my laps in. It was wonderful to have a lane to myself again!! The swim team took up four lanes for their practice, but it was still not very busy and the other lanes only had one person per lane. Wish it was always like that! So when I got home I had a face time call from Heather and we chatted for about an hour. All is good with her and her boys! I hope to hear from our Son and family at some point today, to hear all about their latest ski trip to Vermont. That family never sits still for very long! They are fortunate to be able to go on so many vacations!! I did end up re-painting my commission painting and very glad that I did!! It turned out so much better!! So happy with the colours and now just waiting for it to dry, so I can start painting the turtle on the background. So my MM Monday was a bust and I did not get any scrapping done :(. So I will try again today! But first I need to get a the broccoli cheddar soup started in the instant pot for DH's lunch. My afternoon should be quiet so hopefully I can sit down at the computer and at least start on a layout!! Hope I haven't just jinxed myself :giggle4:.

@faerywings - My Gary is usually brutally honest about my painting and he said that it wasn't my best work. So that confirmed my feelings about re-painting it. Oh and the window install went great! We are very happy with the new door window that has the mini blind in it, wish all of the windows and doors had those!! How great that your hiking boots came and I hope you like them a lot!! I need to find a new pair for the summer months, mine are too small and I damage my poor toenails when I wear them. They feel ok when I first put them on, but halfway through a hike they start to tell me that they are just too tight!! Hooray for the delivery of the new oven!! I will keep my fingers crossed that it arrives without any kind of damage!

@Nonni F - Glad to hear that you are getting some spring weather! Yup pretty soon we will all be complaining that it is too darn hot! My DH was so excited to cut the grass the other day and I thought, I wonder how long that excitement will last after he fertilizes it and has to cut it every second or third day LOL.

@vickyday - Ugh another headache!! Poor you!! I hope it goes away soon! Sorry to hear of your DH's friends loss, so sad!! Good idea for you to stay home and just knit and listen to your audiobook.

@bcgal00 - Hope that Jen's trip to Vancouver goes smoothly! She must be getting sick of doing that drive! Oh BTW thanks for the suggestion on watching Alaska Daily!! DH and I watched three episodes last night and we are hooked!! It must be really good as he never fell asleep halfway through watching any of it like he usually does :sleeping::giggle4:.

Well I better get this soup going and get on with the day! Have a great one everyone!! :bye2: