Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, March 12

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Welp, I am glad to be here and didn't blow away in the wind yesterday.
:windy1:

Driving on the highway, our car was pushed several times by the wind, one time we almost ended up in the other lane. It's supposed to be sunny and warm for the next few days so at least the chilly wind is gone for now. Thank goodness for that.
Other than the weather, it turned out to be a good news kind of day. We didn't hit any traffic on the way to the LLMD and we got there 15 minutes early. We only waited for 5 minutes to be seen (this is unheard of-- she takes all of the time she needs and often runs way behind schedule. Great while you are the one in the office, but not so great in the waiting room :p) There was an emotional support dog in the waiting room with her owner and who can resist petting a dog? Her name was Holly and she was adorable. My visit went fine- LLMD showed me all of my test results which showed I had active Lyme, inflammatory markers, and a Vit D ratio discrepancy. Something about Borellia binding to Vit D receptors. I've tested that way for at least a year so we think the Lyme is present but not active. So no more abx, since they aren't doing anything. :dance2:

I didn't make it to Coloring Crew. I needed to catch up on some stuff here and finally got a page made for a challenge I am hosting later this month.

My parents up coming up this afternoon for bagels with all of the kids. Cait is remote today and took a half day so she and Tom can keep painting. My mom is worried about my dad, he is very depressed and down on himself. Hopefully, the kids will cheer him up.

That's it from me!

HAGD!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday I hope that you find the right medical team that is covered by your insurance. Does your insurance cover out-of-network? I am happy to hear that you are being so proactive with the things you can do on your own- drinking water and walking.

@taxed4ever I am sorry to hear about your brother and all of the extra emotional distress with your siblings. ((((hugs)))))
YES!! That hike tomorrow will be a perfect reset for you!!

@brighteyesbet your house smelled so good with the enchilada sauce simmering away. So happy that you saw the hot air balloons too

@Cherylndesigns look at those wonderful daytime temps! Sorry that they aren't sticking overnight just yet.

I need to get in the shower before the Bathroom Guy as Caitlyn has been calling him gets here.

Hugs!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. This will have to be short and sweet. Have a brown bag lunch with the gals today. I was smart - I fixed a big chef salad with lettuce, red bell peppers, cheddar cheese,, pepper jack cheese, ham, hard boiled egg, peanuts and dried cranberries. Put half in a lidded bowl plus Ranch dressing in a small lidded bowl and some Ritz crackers... that will my lunch today. Of course, I had the rest of the salad for supper last night. Love the crunchiness of the peanuts and the sweetness of the cranberries - they added a different flavor to the salad. Waiting for the house to warm up before I take my shower. Yes... it is still getting cold - 36*F right now - but should be near 60*F this afternoon.

@faerywings I saw on the news about the bad windstorms and weather in the east!!! So glad your car didn't get blown into the other lane!!! Scary!!! We get high winds like that - especially during this time of year. Glad the LLMD agreed to no more abx for you. Yes, your house with the bathroom reno going on and the changes the kids are making must be crazy with noise, etc. Just think about how nice it will be when it is finished. Sorry to hear your mom is worried about your dad. :grouphugyay:

@taxed4ever We certainly can understand how busy you are going to be until the in-laws move is over and done. Pop in when you can find the time to let us know how things are going.

The heat just shut off so need to get my shower. BBL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon,

Somebody sent us their high winds. It's warm but we have high wind advisories.

Well, we do funny things around here even when we're not trying to. Yesterday, I walked up to Adrienne's house - I always take the long way around and go in the front door, because I get more steps in. I could walk right up their backyard and it's about half the steps. So, my phone rings and it's Adrienne. "Mom, where are you?" Me: "I'm at your house where are you?" Adrienne: I'm at your house." We both started laughing - apparently, she was walking down to my house at the same time I was walking around their house, and we totally missed each other. :giggle4:

I just uploaded a prerelease for Palvinka. What a beautiful collection. I just downloaded one for Natali Designs so I'll work on that later this evening.

We're going for a walk later on and taking all of the dogs. We'll just stay on the property, but the dogs will love that. Ava has two dogs now, Adrienne has two and of course, I only have one.

Chris @faerywings I'm glad to hear that your dr visit was good and you didn't have to wait forever. Sad about your dad - is he on ANY kind of mild anti-depressant? I'm going to take a guess and say "no".

Kay @BrightEyes that salad you made sounds amazing! Adrienne makes a similar salad and puts cranberries and nuts in hers, too. SO good. Sometimes, she caramelizes the nuts first - double yum.

I'm going to go now and get my kitchen cleaned up, then take a shower and I'll be all ready to go for a walk around 5. That will be here before I can turn around. I also need to do a load of laundry. Hugs to everyone.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday I hope that you find the right medical team that is covered by your insurance. Does your insurance cover out-of-network? I am happy to hear that you are being so proactive with the things you can do on your own- drinking water and walking.

@taxed4ever I am sorry to hear about your brother and all of the extra emotional distress with your siblings. ((((hugs)))))
YES!! That hike tomorrow will be a perfect reset for you!!

@brighteyesbet your house smelled so good with the enchilada sauce simmering away. So happy that you saw the hot air balloons too

@Cherylndesigns look at those wonderful daytime temps! Sorry that they aren't sticking overnight just yet.

I need to get in the shower before the Bathroom Guy as Caitlyn has been calling him gets here.

Hugs!
If I ever get a call-back from the group who answered my weekend email right away, I will know for sure if they are going to be "the ones" that I start working with. None of the other groups have responded to my email.
Medicare doesn't really have "in network" doctors. The manual says that pretty much anyone who accepts medicare and "is accepting new patients" is allowable. And the part B says that, basically, if they are good with medicare they are good with Mutual of Omaha!

I sure hope the kids can pull your dad out of his despondent mood!

Sounds like you had a good doc visit! Is Gary any improved at all?

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, all. This will have to be short and sweet. Have a brown bag lunch with the gals today. I was smart - I fixed a big chef salad with lettuce, red bell peppers, cheddar cheese,, pepper jack cheese, ham, hard boiled egg, peanuts and dried cranberries. Put half in a lidded bowl plus Ranch dressing in a small lidded bowl and some Ritz crackers... that will my lunch today. Of course, I had the rest of the salad for supper last night. Love the crunchiness of the peanuts and the sweetness of the cranberries - they added a different flavor to the salad. Waiting for the house to warm up before I take my shower. Yes... it is still getting cold - 36*F right now - but should be near 60*F this afternoon.

@faerywings I saw on the news about the bad windstorms and weather in the east!!! So glad your car didn't get blown into the other lane!!! Scary!!! We get high winds like that - especially during this time of year. Glad the LLMD agreed to no more abx for you. Yes, your house with the bathroom reno going on and the changes the kids are making must be crazy with noise, etc. Just think about how nice it will be when it is finished. Sorry to hear your mom is worried about your dad. :grouphugyay:

@taxed4ever We certainly can understand how busy you are going to be until the in-laws move is over and done. Pop in when you can find the time to let us know how things are going.

The heat just shut off so need to get my shower. BBL
Your salad sounds yummy, for sure! I love putting cranberries on my salad, but I've never tried peanuts, only sunflower seeds. I absolutely LOVE red bell peppers! They are so nice and sweet!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Afternoon to Everyone,
Today began early for me.....3:30 a.m. for the potty and no sleep after that! What a beautiful day it has been, too! Sunshine and 70 for the high.

I took 3 widows to the monthly meeting today. Afterwards I helped Ilene take her van to the mechanic for a checkup before our trip next month to Sight and Sound in PA. Then I took her home. So I left the house at 9 and got back just after 3. My back was done!

I'm still waiting on the callback from the Medical Ministry clinic. I told the Executive Director that I would be out all day and for them to call after 5. I got home earlier than I thought I would.

I will take my walk after I talk to them. But I will only wait until 6. Yesterday I waited until 6. Then I took my walk down into the woods where Mark was working on chopping and stacking fire wood. I messed around taking pictures until he was ready to come back to the house so I could hitch a ride with him. I'll probably do the same tonight.

Well, it is almost 5, so I better sign off.

Hugs to all!