Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, June 14

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Must keep typing. If I am typing I am not itching at my poison ivy. Which is all over my arms and hands. Keep on typing. uthiuhtuia dhfdsssga
dfesgruyajd rkuhihf!!

That ^^ makes about just as much sense as when I am trying to communicate properly ha!! #crazy

How was your Monday? It was quiet-ish here. I did some work on the food shopping order and vacuumed before we had to put the AC on. (Can't run both at the same time or we blow a fuse). I went out back and did a bunch of raking to clear the small path from the yard into the woods. In between, I was texting Scott and Caitlyn. Caitlyn found that there were blinds in her office that apparently had been closed for so many years to when people walked past the window she/they didn't know existed-- they "stared at her like she was an exhibit in a zoo."
While I was out back I started to consider where I could move some of my hostas-- this year is the first year the deer have eaten them, and the tops are all gone. Straight across the tops, just sheared off. I have two that I moved last month to a different section of the yard and they are still ok *knocks wood*

I know that today is going to be sad, more for Evie than us I think. I was looking at some old pics of her. She was so darn cute although I can't say that she was sweet. Cordelia was sweet... Evie- was "difficult." haha
Evie and Imogene <3
20200211_155749(1).jpg

Hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord That has to be frustrating for Brian but hopefully one of the interviews will pan out. If you figure out how to cultivate the attitude of gratitude and not worry, and make it *stick* please share with me :) Good luck, you can do ittttttt!
When is Shaun's appt, you have all the good thoughts I can spin up for him.
So exciting about the plants producing. Scott's blueberry plants have blueberries all over, the most have seen on them. Bit this is the point where the birds eat them. I don't know if he has ever been able to get them before the birds do. LOL

@BrightEyes I am sure that the rest of the ladies will be more than happy to help set up and clean for you today. Have a wonderful time!

@Cherylndesigns
Here are the Black Bean burger recipes if you are interested:
Vegetarian
Vegan
If I had the budget, I am pretty sure I could eat vegetarian but not vegan. Will never, ever give up cheese. Tom put on American "cheese" on his "burger" (like all of my quotation marks? Ha) and it didn't even LOOK like cheese.
Go, green beans grow!
I have flowers starting on my tomato plants but that's the only veggie that I am growing this year.

@taxed4ever That sounds like a huge job with your ILs microwave. Thank goodness you didn't do weeding at your house, you would not have been able to move the next day. No one here will judge you if you are behind on the laundry (we can't smell you through our monitors- LOL)
The Gallery is incredible!
Congrats to Heather for the AC!! Are the boys all back to being healthy and at school?

@bcgal00 How is D feeling today?
Can you take a picture of the wall with your photos? I would love to see it.
What do you use for an egg replacement? I have flax seed in my shopping cart as I kept seeing ground flax seed and water makes an egg substitute. Just Egg looks like is good but it's so expensive to keep on hand for when/if Tom is here.

@Lynn Grieveson Has your family all recovered for Covid? *whispers* Still can't believe that Tom and I both escaped this round, thought for sure one or both of us would catch it
Congrats! That is good news about the house although I am sorry it isn't getting rid of the stress. It has to be a nice feeling knowing it will go into good hands. Where are you looking at going for the Christmas holiday/exchange?

Rae- whew, glad that you are getting Lightroom working. Enjoy the new cookbooks!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Mårten woke me up at 5am this morning & I couldn't go back to sleep. Finally dosed off on the sofa about 8, 8.08 Urban woke me up with a text. He had forgotten a card he needed for work & wanted me to send a photo of the code on the card, so he could do the work. Yay. I'm soooooooooooo tired.

Been scrapping to stay awake, but now my eyes are so tired, I hardly see what I do. Dug up an old kit from 2011 and made a challenge over at JA. So much fun to revisit old design. It's really not as bad as one would think. (oh, well, there are designs that are bad too LOL)

Only took me 4 tries to make the A to Z challenge. Every time I got back to post my find, someone else had posted.

I'm gonna go and watch some telly now ... Anyone else watching First Kill? Probably not. I'm the only person older than 15 that loves teenage vampires. LOL

Also need to come up with something I can cook for dinner today with minimum effort. We cannot get takeaway ... did that 3 times last week. That's more than we do in a month usually.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Another quick in and out this morning. Everything is ready for the Red Hat brown bag lunch today. I did a little bit at a time - resting the knee in between. Having a #coffee and popping in here before getting dressed.

Wow, yesterday afternoon was a bit scary... the wind came up suddenly and was howling with the trees blowing ever which way. Decided I better bring the 3 new pots of Salvia inside. Grabbed a laundry basket to carry them. One of the plants had a stalk broken off near the base. I poke a hole in the soil and stuck it in then watered them all. They are now in office until tomorrow when the yard clean-up guys arrive. Just after I got them inside I heard another loud sound from the wind and looked out into the backyard to see the trees whipping round and round... and the patio chairs scooting around.... it was a mini-dust devil (like a tornado but localized in a small area)! It came from the west over the neighbor's yard, then over my backyard and passed over the neighbor's to the east. So glad I had brought the pots in before it hit. No damage - just had to put the patio chairs down from leaning against the patio table and move them all back about 3' to where they belong. Guess the 1st wind was also a dust-devil but not as strong as the 2nd one. Had a similar wind pick up the neighbor's patio umbrella and drop it over the wall into my backyard 2 years ago. Glad my patio table with the umbrella & weighted base is under the pergola so it wasn't picked up by the wind.

Chris, sorry you tangled with the poison ivy - I know how back that itches.

Lynn G, glad to hear your house sold finally. Understand those mixed emotions now that it has happened.

Rae, so glad you got Lightroom working again and found some of the corrupted files. WOW... that is a huge ExHD! But you need all the space you can get due to the size of the photos!

Time to get dressed and get the coffee pot ready for the lunch. CYL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning Lovelies.

Well, I'm up early again - Asher ran me out of bed this morning - his feet were on top of me. He insists on sleeping with me and that's okay. I only have him for a little while longer. I can sleep when he's gone :(. He leaves Saturday - it will be quiet around here, well, it's never very quiet, but you know what I mean. Ava picked him up last night and took him to meet the others at Buffalo Wild Wings. They had a great time. We were invited, but Chuck didn't want to go and I really didn't. I think Adrienne's making dinner tonight, so we said we'd wait.

We went shopping yesterday - he wanted to go to Walmart. He got 2 pairs of skinny jeans and 4 cute T-shirts. He likes funny T-shirts like his grandma. The best one said "I don't do mornings". I tried to find one to fit me, but couldn't. Can't beat Wally's - the T-shirts were $9 each. He wore his new skinny jeans and one of his new T-shirts to dinner last night. He looked so cute. What am I going to talk about next week? Hahaha Oh, funny note - he said his dad told him he couldn;t have any jeans because it's hot in Florida. Of course, I said "well, let's go get you some and don't take them to your dad's". He said I was his favorite grandma - his next-to-best friend - his mom was his BEST friend. He's a riot. He said that Ava was taking him to the water park today, but she hasn't confirmed that yet.

Chris @faerywings I don't have poison ivy, but my arms are all chewed up - I got so many bites at that birthday party Saturday evening! I didn't even feel them biting me, but I never do. They kind of lay under my skin for a day then out they come. I must scratch them all night, because I've almost got them infected. I didn't put any bug spray on because Casey said she had sprayed, but those little suckers got me anyway. So far, they're only on my arms. One time, years ago, I got eaten up by sand fleas (in Florida) and I walked the floor for many nights. I felt like I'd been bitten by fire ants. I'll never forget that.

What a cute picture of the babies. I hope everybody is hanging in there. Like I said yesterday, I mourned our fish when they died. It's SO sad.

Thanks for the black bean burger recipe. I couldn't do vegan either if I had to give up cheese and eggs are a no no too,, right? Not a chance. But the vegetarian burger looks amazing. I could live on cheese and bread. LMBO Oh, I eat cottage cheese every day too - that's probably not allowed on vegan.

Kay @BrightEyes what a scary thing about those wind gusts - they must be like mini tornadoes if they can move stuff that much! Good thing you have your stuff weighted down. We had to do that in Florida, too. Glad you got your flower pots inside before it hit. Have a fun day with your gals and I hope you start to get some relief from your knee.

I'm going to get off of here and try to get some more scrappy business done. Asher's still asleep and I have the sound maching turned way up so I don't bother him. He's at that age where he loves to sleep late. I know he doesn't get to at home, except on the weekends, because both of his parents have to get up early to go to work. He goes to a "rec center" all day - he really has fun there and knows the kids from school. But he has to roll out early during the week.

Happy Tuesday all.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! It is a lovely sunny morning with hardly a cloud in the sky, but my gosh its chilly for the middle of June! Seems every time the sun comes out, then the wind picks up, what is with that?? I am off to Home Hardware Store this morning to drop off a Norwex order for a customer and then get a gallon of primer paint. We need to re-paint the front porch steps and replace some of the exterior trim on the house. We need to get these jobs done before it gets really warm. (wonder if that will even happen this year?) I also have to go to Winners and see if I can find a few tank tops for this summer (again will summer even happen?). We are booking our flights today too, exciting to do it but ouch on the pocket book. Oh well it will be so worth it to see everyone again!! I started a page for Rae's Day Three Birthday challenge and hope to get that finished and posted this morning. Working on a Father's Day Card for FIL too. Sheesh there just are not enough hours in the day!! LOL.

@faerywings - Sorry it will be a sad day today! So hard to lose our pets! How funny that Caitlyn has blinds in her office that no one knew about! She will be feeling like a fish in a bowl with everyone looking in at her. Ugh on the poison ivy!! it must be terrible to be that itchy! I don't think we have that here on the Island, but lots of other things that will make you itch and twitch! Too bad the deer are eating your hosta! Hope that you can save the ones that you are moving! Yes Heather is happy to have the boys both back to school, but it will soon be the last week of school and they will be driving her crazy I am sure. Oh well at least they have the pool and the air conditioning to keep everyone a bit more happy this summer!

@tanteva - Sorry you got woken up so darn early and then only to be woken up again a couple of hours later! You will be one grumpy sleepy lady today! Hope you think of something quick and easy for supper tonight. I need to think of something also.

@BrightEyes - Have fun with your Red Hat ladies today! So nice that you can all be together and catch up on whats happening with everyone! Enjoy!

@Cherylndesigns - Sounds like Asher is keeping you all very busy! Isn't it great that he thinks you are the Best Grandma!! Thats what we are supposed to do is be our grands bestest friends!! Right? You will miss him when he leaves for sure! What a nice Grandma you are to let him sleep in and catch up on his much needed rest! Hope he gets to go to the splash park today!

Well I need to get the bed made and empty the dishwasher before I head out to the Hardware Store. Have a great Tuesday everyone!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Hi everyone. I have almost finished copying over the photos from the damaged EHD onto other smaller drives. I can't move or make copies of other drives until I get the big one delivered on Thurs but at least I was able to get copies from the EHD that has been causing problems. It took all day yesterday and then this morning to get the photos copied, the drive kept failing and shutting down the computer. Lightroom isn't working properly b/c it is trying to access the photos from the damaged drive. So when I get the new drive and copy everything over to that it will take a long time to set up LR again b/c the files will have been moved around and just re-linking won't work. Ugh. So much work but at least I'm not losing any photos.

I'm trying to be around for the birthday celebration but it's been sporadic b/c of the computer/photo problems. Gotta go get another coffee and get back to it.

felis

I know that today is going to be sad, more for Evie than us I think. I was looking at some old pics of her. She was so darn cute although I can't say that she was sweet. Cordelia was sweet... Evie- was "difficult." haha
This is breaking my heart! I often think for your family and cry. #cry Stay strong tomorrow!
It's so strange my cats hunt often, BUT this is totally different because it is your child and was so loved! Caitlin did great job!!!
I'm so sorry that you should going thru this again! The price for the big love is always deep pain. I know it's unfair, and I wish there is something that I can do to heal your sorrow! Take your time!

Lynn Grieveson

Designer
Designer
We are all recovered from Covid @faerywings and also amazed at your ability to evade it! Youngest was tired for a bit longer than us. But she just got called into work an extra 6am cleaning shift and described that as 'the best news I've had all week' so I think she is well and truly back on form!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
We are all recovered from Covid @faerywings and also amazed at your ability to evade it! Youngest was tired for a bit longer than us. But she just got called into work an extra 6am cleaning shift and described that as 'the best news I've had all week' so I think she is well and truly back on form!
That is fantastic news about DD. I totally understand how she felt about the "best news ever." After being crushed with Lyme Disease Fatigue for so many years, I can tell the difference between regular fatigue and it's the same thing-- best news to be "regular tired"

I was honestly shocked that I didn't get it and since I got my second booster, hopefully it will stay that way *fingers crossed*