Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, July 13

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
GooOd mOrning, dearie-Os!

Sooooo-- Who needs humidity and rain? Nancy and I would be love to share it with you as we have plenty of that here. There is absolutely no point in doing anything with my hair ATM, no matter why I do, it is going to be a big ol' frizzy mess. I have it in a ponytail, then wrapped into a bun with a gazillion bobby pins attempting to hold it in place, and it isn't working. At all. haha!!

The weather was crummy most of yesterday but the evening went off like a bang. We had some heavy t-storms roll in around dinner time and as we were cleaning up, all of our phones' alarms went off at the same time with a tornado warning. That was unusual and unexpected. We weren't sure if we really needed to go into the basement or not so we kept looking outside. It was raining buckets but we could see and hear that the storm was moving east. I saw on FB this morning that there might have been a small tornado touch down a couple of miles south of us. I knew the exact time that my parents saw the warning on the news- my dad called and two minutes later my mom called. I answered the first one not with a hello but a "We are ok!" LOL

At dinner, we went over the menu for the Redneck Party which is on Friday. I want to make a TaterTot Casserole but it has to be vegetarian. Do any of you have a recipe that can be adapted?

I have an appt with a new eye dr today. I hate going to eye Drs. I have such a hard time with decisions that the Which One Looks Clearer, this one or this one Bit is torture. Mental anxiety and torture. I am not being hyperbolic and I stand by that. :p :p :p

Hope your day is a great one!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva You are going to be busy the next two weeks with work. Have you and Urban made plans yet for any neat day trips? So, you don't trust him to cook anything good? Gary used to say that he couldn't cook but when he started to cook a couple of things, we all realized that he was BS-ing us. Heh.
You are so creative and talented that I bet the dress is going to come out better than you expect. me-- I can't sew on a button to save my life. Between my MIL and Cait, I hope to never have to do that. The dress is adorable! Good luck with the pleats :D

I didn't realize that you had a sister who has passed. :(

Kay- Low 90s is much better than 100s but still has to feel hot! Is the weather going to cooperate for the Red Hat lunch today? *fingers crossed for you*
Scrapping must be one of the things that have helped you to grieve and heal. It is a treasure to look back on your life and see so much incredible "goodness." Thx for the guac tips!

@bcgal00 Were you able to get your phones ordered? We might need to switch our plan- T-Mobile bought out Sprint (our plan) but now Scott's phone isn't supported on the new network. Everyone is giving him different info on whether he is eligible for a new phone or not and he loves the phone he has- it is an older one but it "heavy-duty" so when he drops it in a stream when he is hiking or bangs it into a tree or rock, it doesn't break. He had an Otterbox on a previous phone but then it was too big to keep in his pants pocket.
anyway- I hope that it worked out so you don't have to wait,
Scott asked for hamburgers for dinner one night and I still love the smell of grilled burgers I don't think I will ever be able to eat one.
FWIW- I grabbed Beyond Burgers for Cait and Tom when they went on sale and she said that they were the *best* brand of plant-burgers that she has tried. They were such a good deal that I wish I had gotten more of them but will be keeping my eyes open for the next time.
How is B doing? Tell her that the rats say Hello!

How long have you been on WW, Eva?

@Cherylndesigns I hope you got the right amount of rain- seems like it is either not enough or way too much lately.
fingers crossed for the house to be (semi) ready!
Hmmm, that is interesting about the maple syrup in the stir-fry. I might have to try that, I usually add a bit of brown sugar but maybe the maple is good too.
Food always tastes better when it is from the garden -- happy harvesting!

@scrap-genie Enjoy the genealogy class, I am so bummed for you that you still haven't gotten out there. I remember how excited you were when you booked for last summer. I hope you are able to get lots of new and useful info!

@felis- I read the first day's post about yarns so one lesson down! I liked that she ran down the names of the different weights of yarn and the recommended size hook for each. Some of the patterns I have seen either use a different name for the yarn or don't give you a hook size so this will be good to refer to.
I should probably log into IG once of these days too. *wink*
Thanks so much again for sharing this!
Awww, poor Florian! give him an extra pet and tell him I understand, I am shrinking too. We will both have to stand on tiptoes. LOL

scrap-genie

We're at lunch and I'm trying to catch up on email and stuff so just a quick HI!

Felis @felis , saw your questions. H&S went live last month and even better, DH has man across the street going with him & liking it a lot. Also cigar box guitar project meeting in person and I went when they assembled theirs to take photos with his new camera. We are liking the Nikon P1000 a lot. (Again thanks to Rae @bcgal00 and Nancy @nancyr for the discussion of it.)

Chris @faerywings thanks for the good thoughts! I really miss being there in person but Zoom is much better than nothing.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
@tanteva You are going to be busy the next two weeks with work. Have you and Urban made plans yet for any neat day trips? So, you don't trust him to cook anything good?

No plans, not sure you can plan ahead these days. Never know when some idiots start spreading the virus again. LOL
I didn't realize that you had a sister who has passed. :(

She passed in 2013. Cancer. Realized today that I'm now as old as she was when she passed. So weird. She's always been my big sister, soon I will be older than her. Crazy to think about.

How long have you been on WW, Eva?

Depend on how you think LOL I started with WW in August 2018 and lost 18 kilos total (but I lost about 3 of them before I started with WW. Then in February 2020, I decided I was done, and started to eat healthy but without counting kcals or anything. Worked fine for 2 months .... then we got Covid! Even though I wasn't so terribly sick, Urban was worse, and I had full anxiety. And how do I cope with that? Yup - eating. Gained 14 kilos in no time at all! Started WW again in March 2021. They had an offer - if you signed up for 6 months the first three months were free. We decided to jump on that, and do the 6 months, then quit. We both know it works, and that we CAN do it without WW, once we get a start. So ... instead of a set weight as our goals, we have set last August as our goal ... we'll see how far we get. I'm 67.4 kilos now ... was around 60-61 kilos when I finished with WW last time. My main goal is reached already - no more heart burn & fine blood pressure. The rest is just vanity LOL

felis

Hello my lovelies!
It's one of these days when I just throw away the window my ToDo list and wandering around chaotic. I think Eva is right and it's just too hot. So just quick pop in today.

Eva, so sorry for your sister! I also learned for that just recent.
No plans, not sure you can plan ahead these days.
Don't worry, slowly but sure life is getting back to normal, so make plans brave, life is too short for regrets!

Jean, don't forget to tells us how the cigar box guitar is happened, although I was thinking this will be autumn project.

Chris, I can totally understand why you are nervous, as I hated my previous ophthalmologist!!! And I'm just in love with the new one, she is so kind and I can't wait to visit her again, that is never been before! :po_O lol Fingers crossed that everything will went fine for your apt!
Oh, you definitely have to come at IG some of these days, mostly because Cheryl just posted so hilarious video of her cat Sam testing the water she gives to him, before to trust her enough to drink. I'm laughing with tears! But yeah, around the crochet academy will have some fun IG events too, I'm so excited. I wish I was wait to read this post how to make a substitution first, as I ordered just by likes and now I'm not sure that I'll have enough yarn. But then I have to change the sizes too, as I'm tinier than the usual persons they create these patterns for.
Thank you for the nice words, and don't worry for Florian, he don't receive even bandage, only spray against infection, and he not looks upset at all.