Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, January 24

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Did ya see?? We have more new emojis. Jenn @joyfulheartdesigns has been installing them and is asking for your favorites: "New Smilies!!! <3"
I haven't saved any but if anyone has the rolling pin one- please add them to her thread. I think that was Trudy and my favorite.
My new faves: :monkebootie: :soapbox:
Sorry about the soapbox one. I promise I will use it sparingly. LOL!!

How was your Monday? It felt more like a Tuesday and now I am confused that today is *not* Wednesday. Part of that was Scott was off of work yesterday. Usually, he is off Tues and Wed. I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen and then noticed that the electric cord on the vacuum was separating again. Gary had fixed it once before and did it again. But now I am looking for a new vacuum. Blergh. So glad we didn't end up getting a new end table. Did I tell you that the steam cleaner is also not working? It never ends. I think it is the Universe's way of telling me to not clean anymore *nods firmly*
I scanned the character booklets for my ILs, I zipped them up before I emailed my MIL so there would be no peeking. I think I have a rough menu set.
I did some more crochet work and the puzzle with Gary. I didn't get to any scanning.

I have to call the vet first thing to get an appt for W for her rabies shot. I messed up big time. I went to pay for their licenses online (due 31st) and could not figure out why I couldn't bring up W's account. J's was right there, submitted and done. I looked closer at W's application and darn it, her rabies vax expires before the cutoff. I almost always get the vax at the town's clinic but in 2020, I decided to bring her to the vet instead. It wasn't on my mind that the timing is off. Now I have to get her in and the paperwork submitted before the 31st or I will get fined. It's not the end of the world, but it's going to aggravate me.

Today is a putter 'round the house day, once I get that appt made. Scott and Sam are making chicken/vodka sauce empanadas for dinner (fake chick'n for Cait).

HAGD! #coffee1

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Don't faint but I'm up!!! Don't ask me why, but I just wanted to see what early birds were on here. Lo and behold, Chris has started this thread. I've had a crazy night - between a weird rare night of not sleeping very well and my lovely cat - crying at my door to go out, then come back in I yi yi. Love the new emojis. These guys seem to be rolling around like they have a mind of their own. Kind of like my brain this morning.

I don't know how long I'll last - until the cat starts bugging me again. Poor guy, he's so frustrated because he wants to go out and it's still cold. I might try to lay back down again for a little bit,. I haven't had a night like this forever. I hate this!! Now I know what some of you gals go through on a regular basis. I must have goofed up on my tea. I guess I'll throw an extra bag in tonight. Would you believe I even got so hundry a while ago that I went out and toasted an English Muffin and put butter and Philly Cream Cheese on it????? What's happening to me????? :eek::eek:
#crazy-2#crazy-2

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I hope you feel better but I know you well enough that you take having Syd home even if that meant you getting sick. Sending you some chicken soup and tea and honey~~~

@BrightEyes Good idea to take the swing down before the winds it, you've had to go out there more than once to pick it up. We had strong winds last night around dinner and the lights kept flickering. We all ran from the table to plug our phones in to charge. Priorities LOL
That is quite an undertaking getting the photos out of the books and scanned. Were you able to finish them up?
My ILs got me the scanner years ago (it came with PSE 2, crazy right??) but it still scans better than the all-in-one Canon that is only about 5 years old. Thank you again for adding the journaling ♥

@vickyday when W knows she did something wrong, she puts herself in "jail," aka her crate. We laugh rather for that, esp since we never used the crate as punishment. Actually, we did. We had to put her in there when she and J were fighting and biting each other when we first brought her home. It wasn't punishment as much as a cool-off.
I bet your ring is all pretty and sparkly!

@bcgal00 that must have been so frustrating not being able to drag stuff into PS. Every so often, my PS resets Preferences and every file I drag turns into a Smart Object. No clue why it glitches like that.
Uggggghhhhhhhhh- sorry about the laptop screen. Is it just us or is everything breaking down at once? *knocking on wood furiously so nothing else breaks*
The pics of the dogs in the snow were fab, looks like everyone had fun.:runningdog:

@taxed4ever Yup, if it is a weekend we know you are either running errands with your Gary and/or working in the yard.
I really miss Nancy talking hockey and your bantering with her.
Poor Hunter, he really has been catching colds often, No fun for anyone. :( That is very exciting that they plan on coming out to visit this summer. Have you been able to swim much at all since Covid messed everything up? I know the pool was closed for a long time, then opened sporadically.

Kay!!!! How amazing to have your dad's genealogy work. Even better to review it with your sister::heartpumplove:

@Cherylndesigns Sorry that you had to trash the one LO, BTDT. But totally awesome that you can do that digitally do still have all of your supplies right there, ready to use again.
Do they have make-up, too?
They do! I have used the nail polish but I think that is it but they have a pretty well-stocked line.
I am jealous of your DG, ours has a few frozen items, some shelf-stable stuff, soda, and chips but that's about it.

argh, I am running late again. I am trying so hard to be off the computer by 8 and it's just not happening. I keep on blah blah blah-ing:busy1: xoxo

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I hope you feel better but I know you well enough that you take having Syd home even if that meant you getting sick. Sending you some chicken soup and tea and honey~~~

@BrightEyes Good idea to take the swing down before the winds it, you've had to go out there more than once to pick it up. We had strong winds last night around dinner and the lights kept flickering. We all ran from the table to plug our phones in to charge. Priorities LOL
That is quite an undertaking getting the photos out of the books and scanned. Were you able to finish them up?
My ILs got me the scanner years ago (it came with PSE 2, crazy right??) but it still scans better than the all-in-one Canon that is only about 5 years old. Thank you again for adding the journaling ♥

@vickyday when W knows she did something wrong, she puts herself in "jail," aka her crate. We laugh rather for that, esp since we never used the crate as punishment. Actually, we did. We had to put her in there when she and J were fighting and biting each other when we first brought her home. It wasn't punishment as much as a cool-off.
I bet your ring is all pretty and sparkly!

@bcgal00 that must have been so frustrating not being able to drag stuff into PS. Every so often, my PS resets Preferences and every file I drag turns into a Smart Object. No clue why it glitches like that.
Uggggghhhhhhhhh- sorry about the laptop screen. Is it just us or is everything breaking down at once? *knocking on wood furiously so nothing else breaks*
The pics of the dogs in the snow were fab, looks like everyone had fun.:runningdog:

@taxed4ever Yup, if it is a weekend we know you are either running errands with your Gary and/or working in the yard.
I really miss Nancy talking hockey and your bantering with her.
Poor Hunter, he really has been catching colds often, No fun for anyone. :( That is very exciting that they plan on coming out to visit this summer. Have you been able to swim much at all since Covid messed everything up? I know the pool was closed for a long time, then opened sporadically.

Kay!!!! How amazing to have your dad's genealogy work. Even better to review it with your sister::heartpumplove:

@Cherylndesigns Sorry that you had to trash the one LO, BTDT. But totally awesome that you can do that digitally do still have all of your supplies right there, ready to use again.

They do! I have used the nail polish but I think that is it but they have a pretty well-stocked line.
I am jealous of your DG, ours has a few frozen items, some shelf-stable stuff, soda, and chips but that's about it.

argh, I am running late again. I am trying so hard to be off the computer by 8 and it's just not happening. I keep on blah blah blah-ing:busy1: xoxo
They kept the ring to work on to make the band all shiny and white again. It is part of the warranty. That's good to know!
Asher retreats to his kennel as a safe house, LOL! If we move it he wants to get in it because he thinks he might be going bye bye, LOL! He can tell when we are getting ready to go away for a few days because he follows us around the house with droopy ears and puppy dog eyes. He's just like a kid!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Kept waking up from 3:30 AM on until I finally gave in and got up at 5:30. Can't believe it... no snow here - but it is snowing all around us! The canyon winds off the mountain pushes the snow away from the city and causes the 'donut hole'. I won't complain too loudly as I don't like driving in the snow or on icy roads.

I was so glad I took the swing down... we had gusts up to 64mph here!!! The electricity flickered several times but I didn't lose power. YES!!!..... I got all the photos scanned in from Mom's 2nd album. Now I need to take the time to tag all of the photos. I got the album put back together. Ooops... I moved the albums back to box in the other room... and I may need it to ID all the people in the photos!!! #crazy When I looked into the box... there was a plastic box filled with my mom's and grandmother's photos. So, I am not finished with scanning childhood and family photos!
And, yes... it was a fun time talking to sis and watch her make changes to the geology document.

@Cherylndesigns So sorry you had such a bad night. Broken sleep is hard. Hope you can get some rest today to make up for it.

BBL

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Did ya see?? We have more new emojis. Jenn @joyfulheartdesigns has been installing them and is asking for your favorites: "New Smilies!!! <3"
I haven't saved any but if anyone has the rolling pin one- please add them to her thread. I think that was Trudy and my favorite.
My new faves: :monkebootie: :soapbox:
Sorry about the soapbox one. I promise I will use it sparingly. LOL!!

How was your Monday? It felt more like a Tuesday and now I am confused that today is *not* Wednesday. Part of that was Scott was off of work yesterday. Usually, he is off Tues and Wed. I cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen and then noticed that the electric cord on the vacuum was separating again. Gary had fixed it once before and did it again. But now I am looking for a new vacuum. Blergh. So glad we didn't end up getting a new end table. Did I tell you that the steam cleaner is also not working? It never ends. I think it is the Universe's way of telling me to not clean anymore *nods firmly*
I scanned the character booklets for my ILs, I zipped them up before I emailed my MIL so there would be no peeking. I think I have a rough menu set.
I did some more crochet work and the puzzle with Gary. I didn't get to any scanning.

I have to call the vet first thing to get an appt for W for her rabies shot. I messed up big time. I went to pay for their licenses online (due 31st) and could not figure out why I couldn't bring up W's account. J's was right there, submitted and done. I looked closer at W's application and darn it, her rabies vax expires before the cutoff. I almost always get the vax at the town's clinic but in 2020, I decided to bring her to the vet instead. It wasn't on my mind that the timing is off. Now I have to get her in and the paperwork submitted before the 31st or I will get fined. It's not the end of the world, but it's going to aggravate me.

Today is a putter 'round the house day, once I get that appt made. Scott and Sam are making chicken/vodka sauce empanadas for dinner (fake chick'n for Cait).

HAGD! #coffee1
HA! First thing I thought of with the soapbox was the time I had to wash my son's mouth out with soap for saying the firetruck word when he was about 8. Tim and I both had to hold him down while his big sister stood at the top of the stairs and cried for him, LOL! Never heard him say it again!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Kept waking up from 3:30 AM on until I finally gave in and got up at 5:30. Can't believe it... no snow here - but it is snowing all around us! The canyon winds off the mountain pushes the snow away from the city and causes the 'donut hole'. I won't complain too loudly as I don't like driving in the snow or on icy roads.

I was so glad I took the swing down... we had gusts up to 64mph here!!! The electricity flickered several times but I didn't lose power. YES!!!..... I got all the photos scanned in from Mom's 2nd album. Now I need to take the time to tag all of the photos. I got the album put back together. Ooops... I moved the albums back to box in the other room... and I may need it to ID all the people in the photos!!! #crazy When I looked into the box... there was a plastic box filled with my mom's and grandmother's photos. So, I am not finished with scanning childhood and family photos!
And, yes... it was a fun time talking to sis and watch her make changes to the geology document.

@Cherylndesigns So sorry you had such a bad night. Broken sleep is hard. Hope you can get some rest today to make up for it.

BBL
So glad to hear the snow missed you!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning Ladies,
Maybe last night was a full moon or something since several of us had sleep issues! Cheryl being up already and Kay at 5:30 (well, 3:30 really) and I got up when DH left at 6:45......WHAT?! And that after going to bed at almost 1 a.m.

AND I'm hungry already! WHAT?!

Ilene has a hair appt. today so Carolyn and I are going to meet her there and go to lunch afterwards and then back to the house to play.

I printed out some tax papers from my IRA and DH got his W2's. I got mine from SS also. So, I guess I will try to work on the taxes sometime this week.....but not today!

When I took my ring for cleaning yesterday the girl asked me if I wanted them to keep it so they could do something to the band to make it all shiny and white. I said sure. Then I had a second thought......how much is that gonna cost? Fortunately it is part of the warranty we purchased as the paper says it would normally cost over $100! :eek: So, I will have to pick it up tomorrow. That means another trip (with Ilene in tow) so we can go to Olive Garden for lunch afterwards and then go to COSTCO after lunch. Carolyn does not share those trips with us because she is really stooped in her back and has problems standing/walking much.

Guess I'm gonna have to find something to feed this growling gut!
Have a Great Day!!:waving1

LSlycord

Good morning ladies! I had to go back and check the date on this thread...everyone in here so early! I'm still feeling a bit under the weather. But I don't think that it is going to get much worse than just an annoying cold. And @faerywings you are right, I'd take a trade of a a cold for a weekend with Syd. Shaun was able to get Syd's iPhone working before we had to go to the Apple store. Apparently it is kind of buggy...he managed to get an OS upgrade installed and that made it power up. So that was good. And Syd was able to go to the help desk at school and add her dad's phone (that she has at school) as a secondary number for dual authentication to the school software. Boy are we tied to these phones!

@Cherylndesigns I hope you were able to get back to sleep. Especially when you are used to sleeping so soundly.

@BrightEyes I am so excited that you have found that additional box of photos. What a wonderful surprise. And so good that you found them while you are working on this project! Love that you and your sister had the opportunity to discuss all of this...I'm sure that sparks other memories. Neither my brother nor my cousin (only one on Mom's side) are very interested in my findings.

@vickyday good to see you in so early this morning. Sounds like you have a big day ahead! I don't think that I've told you but I sure love that siggie. I don't know that I had ever heard that Irish blessing but I sure like it!

The birds showed up at the feeder this morning. There were a couple of different groups. So I think I just need a little more patience!

I have my third interview today for the PM job that I really want. We will see how it goes.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning everyone! It is dark and gloomy outside today! The fog is hanging around the mountain tops. Hopefully the weather will be better for my hike tomorrow. It will be a new one to the group, so I really want to go on this one! Perhaps I will see if SIL Linda would like to join us. I spent the morning yesterday making a large batch of Hamburger soup and got some of it into the freezer to have for a later date. Then went for a nice walk and picked up the mail on the way back. Worked on my painting for the rest of the afternoon, its coming along nicely!! I will post a photo when its done. Today I hope to paint some more and then I really should get a layout done. I go through the shop and can't decide what I really want to get or what photo I should use, wish I could concentrate better, but then I have always been kind of a scatterbrain LOL. #crazy-2Love all the new emojis, but @faerywings I am sorry I did not save that rolling pin one anywhere, darn it!! I will do a search for it, it has to be out there somewhere!! I am sure I will waste an hour or so just going through the shop here and the gallery, ohhhing and awwing and then it will be time to get lunch ready and I will have wasted my morning !! AGAIN!! LOL.

@faerywings - I think that maybe I should start setting an alarm so that I can be off the computer by a certain time too!! Good idea! Thats too bad that you have to get W's shots before you can get the licence, but I guess that keeps everyone up to date with everything. Hope you can get it all done before the 31st!! I actually stopped swimming, because I was always getting water in my right ear and then getting swimmers ear UGHH!! The pool is open and I am sure its very busy right now with all of the New Year resolution swimmers. That should think out soon LOL. I am hoping that if I can get custom made earplugs, then that might help me. Seems my right ear canal is much smaller than the left one and the ear plugs just won't stay in my ear. Its very frustrating having to stop to re-insert the ear plug and it makes my ear sore too. I am looking at getting a waterproof bone conduction headset to listen to music while I swim if I go back to the pool. I tried on a pair the other day and oh my the sound was soooo good!! Here is what they look like. 1674577091204.png I hope that you are able to get your vacuum cleaner fixed, I know you probably don't want to have to buy a new one. Oh well you get a break from cleaning and from making dinner today!! Lucky you!!

@Cherylndesigns - What a shock to see you here so early in the day!! Sorry that you did not get a good sleep, welcome to the club! Although I have to say that last night I only woke up once for a bathroom break and went right back to sleep. I hope that you can get back to bed and get in a good snooze!!

@BrightEyes - Yikes another box of photos to go through?? You sure are going to have a lot of scanning in your future LOL. How nice to have all those great old photos!! I am happy that you don't have the snow that everyone has in your area!! No fun trying to run errands when the roads are bad and the temps are chilly. Sorry you were up so darn early! Hope you can catch a nap this morning too.

@LSlycord - Glad you are feeling a bit better, but yes those darn colds they are annoying! I am like you and would trade a bad cold for a weekend with my daughter or son also! I hope you get to enjoy the new birds showing up at your feeder and I will keep my fingers crossed that you get this job that you really want!!

@vickyday - Your ring will look so pretty when its all polished up and sparkling! Good luck with getting your taxes done! Have a nice day!

Ok Heather is calling so I better scoot!! Talk later!!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had a fun afternoon yesterday. Decided not to drive to the ski resort, I drove up into the grasslands to a few different spots and the dogs chased each other around the bushes and the crispy snow. The snow was 3-4" deep and with the flattened sagebrush it was soft underneath and partial frozen on top so they had fun running over it. I was the only woman up there, its mostly men, its very remote, so I try to stay close to the car and not wander far. Ever since I almost got mugged last summer I am a bit more cautious.

This morning I have errands and will scrap later, now that the computer is working.

@faerywings Sounds like the plans are coming along nicely for the party. Hope you get W's shot and paperwork done in time. I got the dog licenses done online on the deadline day so didn't have to pay the fine. Various deadlines here mess us up b/c they are different than in Vancouver.

@vickyday How nice to get the ring all cleaned and sparkly with no charge.

@Cherylndesigns I was the opposite this morning and slept in til 8 which is late for me.

@BrightEyes You are so organized with the photo sorting and scanning. What a sense of accomplishment you must feel.

@taxed4ever Hamburger soup sounds good, I should make some in the instant pot. I haven't had that in ages. Fingers crossed the weather is good for your hike tomorrow. I think you guys should come out here for a holiday sometime and stay with us. Think of all the fun we'd have :)

The birds and dogs have been fed, I've had 2 coffees and now I will hop in the shower and get out for errands. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm back! You probably thought an alien had taken over my body. :monkebootie: I don't know WHAT happened to me - I always sleep so well, like you said, Linda @LSlycord- and Trudy @taxed4everI I'm sure your eyes popped out at me being on here so early. Rae @bcazzel good for you for sleeping so well! Kay @BrightEyes my night was like some of yours! I don't know how some of you stand that - you have this so often. Chris @faerywings you better finagle a way to keep getting those pills! I MIGHT have forgotten to take mine - I'm just wondering now if that is what happened. One other time, I realized I did - NO sleep for me.

I DO remember the last time and some of you probably will when I tell you what just popped into my head. I woke up SO early that it was still dark and I was wide away. Finally, I started seeing some pink outside and I decided to just stay up and take sunrise pictures because I RARELY EVER see the sunrise. I got gorgeous pictures! I think I forgot to take my pill that night, too. #crazy-2

Linda @LSlycord good luck vibes coming your way for your third interview. Hope to hear good news!

Chris @faerywings we are so lucky to have a great DG in the middle of nowhere. Actually, the neighboring small town (where the kids go to school) really needs a local store and they've really beefed DG up.

Kay @BrightEyes glad you missed getting the snow. It's coming our way, but the southern half of the state should get it - they're saying now rain mixed with snow for us. It's no doubt going to be windy here, too.

Vicky @vickyday I'll bet your ring will look beautiful when you get it back!

I did lay back down for a couple of hours, but never did go back to sleep. It just felt good to lay there. The cat started crying to go out about the time I laid down and I ignored him, and he finally stopped.

XOSO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, I have spent most of the time moving photos around into folders... then spent time cleaning up a few photos for a LO.... YES... it is another My Story LO. I was thrilled to see the photos of oldest sister and me in our special dresses. Just finished and uploaded it to the gallery. Now it is time for me to get off the computer, get dressed and eat something!! LOL

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies! I had to go back and check the date on this thread...everyone in here so early! I'm still feeling a bit under the weather. But I don't think that it is going to get much worse than just an annoying cold. And @faerywings you are right, I'd take a trade of a a cold for a weekend with Syd. Shaun was able to get Syd's iPhone working before we had to go to the Apple store. Apparently it is kind of buggy...he managed to get an OS upgrade installed and that made it power up. So that was good. And Syd was able to go to the help desk at school and add her dad's phone (that she has at school) as a secondary number for dual authentication to the school software. Boy are we tied to these phones!

@Cherylndesigns I hope you were able to get back to sleep. Especially when you are used to sleeping so soundly.

@BrightEyes I am so excited that you have found that additional box of photos. What a wonderful surprise. And so good that you found them while you are working on this project! Love that you and your sister had the opportunity to discuss all of this...I'm sure that sparks other memories. Neither my brother nor my cousin (only one on Mom's side) are very interested in my findings.

@vickyday good to see you in so early this morning. Sounds like you have a big day ahead! I don't think that I've told you but I sure love that siggie. I don't know that I had ever heard that Irish blessing but I sure like it!

The birds showed up at the feeder this morning. There were a couple of different groups. So I think I just need a little more patience!

I have my third interview today for the PM job that I really want. We will see how it goes.
Thanks, Trudy!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Had a fun afternoon yesterday. Decided not to drive to the ski resort, I drove up into the grasslands to a few different spots and the dogs chased each other around the bushes and the crispy snow. The snow was 3-4" deep and with the flattened sagebrush it was soft underneath and partial frozen on top so they had fun running over it. I was the only woman up there, its mostly men, its very remote, so I try to stay close to the car and not wander far. Ever since I almost got mugged last summer I am a bit more cautious.

This morning I have errands and will scrap later, now that the computer is working.

@faerywings Sounds like the plans are coming along nicely for the party. Hope you get W's shot and paperwork done in time. I got the dog licenses done online on the deadline day so didn't have to pay the fine. Various deadlines here mess us up b/c they are different than in Vancouver.

@vickyday How nice to get the ring all cleaned and sparkly with no charge.

@Cherylndesigns I was the opposite this morning and slept in til 8 which is late for me.

@BrightEyes You are so organized with the photo sorting and scanning. What a sense of accomplishment you must feel.

@taxed4ever Hamburger soup sounds good, I should make some in the instant pot. I haven't had that in ages. Fingers crossed the weather is good for your hike tomorrow. I think you guys should come out here for a holiday sometime and stay with us. Think of all the fun we'd have :)

The birds and dogs have been fed, I've had 2 coffees and now I will hop in the shower and get out for errands. HAGD everyone.
So glad your computer is working now!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

YAY! I'm so glad the birds are coming! Hope you feel better soon!