Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Tuesday, January 17

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
GooooOd mOrning!!! How are my O-zies doing today?

I am ok, I think. I had a weird day yesterday. I got a lot of little things done in the morning, stuff that I had been avoiding. But it was one of those days that nothing is "complete." I started working on coupons/grocery list and have very little ideas of what I am buying today. Then I called the Mutual Fund company to see if I can change their accounts off of Custodial now that they aren't minors anymore. But I forgot that they would be closed for MLK Day. Then I called to get the Rx for my mammogram and the receptionist wasn't understanding. She put me on hold, the said that my Dr would have to call back with the info, but I never got a callback. I want to make that appt before I procrastinate any longer and all I needed was an Rx.

But the most frustrating part of my day was cooking dinner. Caitlyn wanted the honey tofu and rice. This is the one that is a total PITA to make b/c hers is vegetarian and nothing can touch the version I make for the rest of us with chicken. I had the first round in the oven when I was trying to scoop the honey out of the jar (We buy a 5 lb jar of local raw honey from the Farmers Market) and it was solid. When I hit the side of the jar, it cracked.
While I have two batches of tofu/chicken in the oven, trying to make the sauce/glaze that it gets cooked into at the end, and rice, I am warming this ginormous jar of honey and slowly transferring it to a mason jar. This was two full hours, then I had a sink full of dishes. Bah humbug!

At the end of it. I was too tired to eat much which is sad b/c is is really good.

Today will be another day like yesterday sans kitchen mishaps (I hope!). Wandering around Shop Rite, calling various people to follow up from yesterday. Very little in the way of excitement.

I hope that all of you have happy days.
xoxoxo!!

Here's some :tea: for you too!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Nancy- how nice to sleep in! Glad the biys were quiet so you could. The BBQ sounds neat especially for meat lovers. what a fun night out with everyone, plus watching the game.
My brother and SIL had been holding off on lessons because they wanted him to just enjoy playing for the fun and satisfaction of it. But I think that they are getting ready to make that jump.

Trudy- your weekend must have been so much fun. That is too bad that your son has to be gone for so long :(
:pound: Yup, you called it about your Gary and the dog!!

Rae- you are having horrible luck with computers. WTH is going on?
I have no idea what NEF files are, but I am happy that you got V 20. I was having a hard time acclimating myself to the diffferences in the versions, but now I am finding it a lot easier to work with.
I can't stand anyone who has musical talent like that LOL Gary and Scott both are able to listen to a song once and then play it on guitar or keyboard. Neither can read music, it is all by ear. Cait and I both read music and played clarinet. But for us it was something we had to work at.

::grouphug

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... I am late arriving here this morning! Went for my blood work and now home enjoying my first cup of coffee of the morning! Well it will be my only cup of coffee for the day as I am limiting my intake of coffee! I can't have a cup without that International Vanilla Creamer so I really have to limit myself to one cup. Cutting down on sugar intake is harder than it sounds LOL! Not much happening today, I will go to swim my laps later and hopefully the pool will not be too crowded with New Years resolution swimmers :becky: That only usually lasts a few weeks then it quiets down again. Yesterday I completely cleaned my whole house and found it very hard to sit in front of my computer as I just stared at my blank photoshop screen and had no idea what I wanted to scrap!! :gaah: I hate that!!! So instead I put my energy to good use and now my house is sparkling clean again, even my craft room is shiny!! Tons of :rain: on the way today and the next few days, which will get rid of the icy build up of snow on the sides of road and sidewalks. Flooding predicted also, so I should really go get some groceries sometime today also.

Chris - That is awful that you had such a bad time making your dinner last night! Nothing worse than a sticky mess from honey!! Hope that there are some left overs for you to enjoy today!! Hope you manage to get that Rx. today and that the person you talk to knows what the heck you are talking about LOL.

Rae - Oh boy your continuing saga with computer troubles!! Sheesh it never ends! Hope that you can have it taken care of without any cost! Hope Taz's Vet appt went well and that you managed to fit in some scrap time between all the set up that you are doing with your new computer. So nice to have the speed of a new computer!! Have fun with it!!

Ok I best get something in my tummy, and then a Face time call with DD and Mason today, they still have no furnace, but the temps are not bad where they are and they have two really good space heaters to keep warm with. They just have to make a decision as to whether to get a new furnace or risk just replacing the board on the old one. Its 20 years old and probably on its last legs. :mmph:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. I'm still dealing with computer woes. I'm starting to feel like this is going to last forever. I think I already mentioned yesterday that the computer ate my memory card (my mistake though for putting it in upside down), as I was trying to get the card to connect with the built in reader, it slipped right inside the computer. How was I to know that that slot was different than the others, it required the card to be upside down...ugh. So that'll be in there for awhile as I'm not going back to the store right now. Then this morning, I am trying to uninstall and then reinstall an action I use for sharpening and resizing and after it runs, the computer makes a crackling noise and my monitor picture kind of shakes. I used the PS save for web and it did the same thing. It's not happening at any other time, just this save for web thing. Huh....weird. So another phone call today to our computer guy to see if he knows why. At this point nothing surprises me. I'm not going to stress though. It'll all get figured out eventually.

Quiet day ahead. Some housework, a bit of desk work, a dentist appt this afternoon and hopefully scrap a page. I was tired last night so just relaxed in my chair catching up on Rosewood. I slept til almost 8 so got a good sleep last night.

Chris - that really sucks about the honey jar breaking. What a PITA. Hope today goes more smoothly. As for musical talent...none here. I can't whistle, play an instrument or sing well.

Trudy - hope your daughter gets her furnace replaced/fixed soon. Good to have the space heaters but not the same as having the whole placed heated properly. I would be so miserable. Yes, the rain has come. It started last night as I was out with Taz and we scurried home from the school field out back of our place pretty quickly. The temps have warmed up quite a bit but it doesn't feel like it with the dampness. I hate the rain.

I'm going to go grab another coffee and a piece of GF toast. I'm being lazy this morning and still have not gotten into the shower yet.

Jazz2000

Good evening to everyone!

I'm getting better slowly. It seems like I'm better, so I do a bunch of stuff and running around and then I'm worn out the next day, sleeping a lot.

All my kids are home today - freezing rain this morning making conditions too dangerous to drive.

Middle son is coughing and my youngest son is sneezing. never ends *sigh*. and tomorrow will be a pain in the butt driving. yuck

Chris - so sorry to hear the honey dinner disaster. Too bad you didn't get to enjoy it after all the work you put into it.

Trudy - I also drink coffee for the creamer - lol. Good for you to clean your whole house. Something I should have been doing instead of sitting in front of the computer watching it freeze up and having to shut down and restart. Hope you DD gets her furnace fixed soon, one way or the other.

Rae - can't believe you're still having computer issues. That is weird about the crackling noise & shaking monitor picture. Hope is gets resolved easily.

alright - off to check on laundry and kids.