Oscraps

Daily Ooo's Tuesday Jan 13

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Ok, so you all know how little things amuse me, or keep me happy? I have to share my little thing today b/c this just rocks. My mom bought me a pait of yoga pants for C-mas. They are made from bamboo fibers. OMG these things are sooooo awesome! Not only do I like them b/c bamboo is super-sustainable, but oh wow- they are so soft and cozy. The tag said that they are supposed to be warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I thought for sure that they would not keep my legs warm being that it is like 15* outside. But I am cozy as a clam! A clam?? Well, you KWIM!
I have no idea what brand they are, and I can't see around to my butt to read the labol. But she got them at Marshall's for $14! I want more LOLOL!!!!

And there ya have it, my simple things amuse me ramble of the day :)

Sandra- how did Gabe's mtg go? Piper's cake sounds cool!
Def. look into the assistance. I saw in out local paper that our Gov. signed a bill to give extra assistance out to families in need for winter heating. We qualified since my salary puts us way behind poverty level LOL But in my state at least, they are trying to offer different plans for "regular" people who are struggling too.

Hey Merkee, thanks for the coffee- good throw LOL Hope you are doing great and good luck with your CT call!

Talie you need lots of hugs, wish I could be there to give you a hand, make you some soup or tea and give a bug hug to you and Eric. I am thinking good strong thoughts for you.

Sally- I almost tried to take a pic of myself in my snow hat yesterday for P365, maybe I'll see if I can do it today. The kids call my hat my "terrorist" hat. But I think it looks more like a bank robber. For C-mas, my mom got me a really soft chenile cream colored hat. We call that my anti-terrorist terrorist hat. We are so weird!

*waving to ME*

LindaP -- good question about all that hair...... I want to know how I can brush my dog almost every day, and still there is hair everywhere! Why???

Krista- you gangster you :D Any news on your friend's mom? What a tough choice to make.

Clara- when Scott was about 4- they said the same thing to us. it was like "Start saving now...." Cait is borderline with needing braces and my fingers are crossed that as sdoon as she loses her last few baby teeth, things will work out ok.
Great news about no fillings for Ethan!

Sara-- so glad you are safe!!!!

Krista, I am joining you in the good thoughts and prayers for those in need of peace within themselves and in the world.

My Tip for today-- just love-- love yourself, love your family, love the stranger in line ahead of you-- just love.

mei74

Good morning!! Hope you're all having a great week so far. Not much is going on here, which is a good thing. :) This is kind of a busy week workwise since we have a FOUR day weekend next week between MLK Day and the Inauguration. Woot!! Need to come up with some fun weekend plans. Still trying to decide if we will go downtown for any of the Inauguration festivities - I saw the list of performers at the concert today. Wow - Bono, The Boss, Beyonce, but I don't think we'll be able to do that with a toddler in tow.

Chris - those yoga pants sure do sound comfortable and cozy!

Have a great day!!

sandracvrt

good morning! Yesterday was a busy day! I ended up going over to Will's school to help his teacher out with a bulletin board... I went at 1:00 and we didn't leave until 4:30! I helped with some other stuff too, but the board was the biggie! I'm going back on Thursday and probably Friday...

this morning I'm headed over to the VA to be with my dad when he has his appt... we'll find out the results of his CAT scan and his lung scan, and with those we can figure out his course of treatment, surgery, etc... since Gabe's not working, Dad won't have to be by himself!

Chris - the meeting was cancelled.... the guy got stuck in traffic because of a traffic accident which resulted in a fatality... I-64 was shut down and he wasn't going to make it... he called the man he interviewed with last week to check in and left him voicemail letting him know that he was still interested and that he had been laid-off which meant he could start right away... he hasn't called back yet... but Gabe's checking for jobs everyday so we'll see! I will look into the assistance... right now we won't qualify because Gabe has severance and his bonus coming... but definitely by the end of the month.

hi ME!

have a great day everyone!

Quirkyk

Good morning ladies!!! I know...I like dropped off the planet!!! well the baby isn't here yet :( Still waiting. Have my preop appointments on Thurs. and Frid. So it is looking like he is being stubborn and waiting till the 19th...just like a man!! ;) I'm now on extreme bed rest as I am swelling WAY WAY too much and talk about being miserable! I can't wait till this baby is born!

In other news...ha...it is slow on my end...I've been scrapping some...less than what I should! I'm just so wiped out it is like I start to scrap and then poof my mojo disappears...Lets see...I have totally irritated myself on our little business website...I had done all the edits and changed all the colors, logo, pictures, and such and then I went and deleted the darn file that had the edits thinking it was the originals! :( And of course that happens BEFORE my computer has issues and wipes out all my restore points and such...so I can't get that back! :( Guess I'll be doing that all over! I think I need to just not attempt much of anything till this baby is born...seems like the so called "baby brain" has taken over and ignores all reason on anything lately! :)

see told you it is slow on my end...or at least not much is happening that is fun or exciting! :)

oh wait...I did finially get my hubby to the doctor over his knee!! Not that the news is great but at least he is getting some help now! They have done an MRI and from what we have been told the cartilage(or bone...don't remember now) that is supposed to be a v is a great big U and there is a big gap that shouldn't be there. I have a feeling the boy is gonna get stuck doing a knee replacement but then he is only 30...recovery has got to be easier now than if he waited till he was in his 50's! So I guess in a way that is good news and bad news;)

Sandra-hope you hear good news about your dad's CAT scan! I'll be thinking about you!

me - it would def. be fun to join in the events but you are right...toddlers in tow would make it a bit more difficult! Whatever you do have a great time!

faerywings- girl BAMBOO rocks!!! I do a bit of knitting as does my mother and we just got a bunch of bamboo yarn to use for the baby's blanket and yes SOFT is an understatement...I do believe it even beats silk yarn on its texture being just soooo divine so I'm sure those pants are just heaven!!! Enjoy them!

I'm off to lay down...take care everyone! Maybe the next time I make it in here you'll see pics of a baby boy :)

LindaPete

Morning all! GRRRRRR I'm crabby today! It's horribly cold out and we had a really long staff meeting this morning so all the staff were late for our first hour classes. No time to even grab a cup of coffee or go potty! :(
Here's what's really bugging me - Mr. Wonderful did a Dr. Jeckyl on me last night and morphed into Mr. CrabbyPants! Yes, we had a little fight. Same as always - he get's mad and yells and I shut down. It's always the same, always over my oldest daughter. Then in the middle of the night HIS dog threw up all over my bed -so I got to do many loads of laundry at 1:30 a.m. I'm getting the silent treatment for some reason? He was up and gone without saying goodbye before I was even out of the shower this morning.
Hope everyone else has a sunnier disposition than I today.

t_a_l_i

Hey chicks. Thank you for all the warm thoughts and wishes for Eric and his friends right now. The funeral is tomorrow and he and his friends are all going together. I think this is the first time Eric has dealt with suicide and he is just really questioning everything. It is a hard thing to wrap your head around.

On a good note, the kids seem to finally be 100% and I feel much, much better today as well. I am going to finally exercise today!!!

We had quite the weather yesterday - Linda - did you guys have school called out early? We had a pretty good blizzard down here. Ella doesn't have preschool this morning, either. I'm sorry about the fight with your hubby!!

Quirky - I hope you can relax your last bit of time before the baby comes. I think he is just telling you he wasn't ready to come early - and that is a good thing! And, I'm glad your hubby went in for his knee!

Chris - those pants sound awesome!

ME - wow, that is quite the list of performers. It would be tempting! Huge crowds drive me nuts, so I'd really be thinking on whether to go or not.

Sandra - thinking good thoughts for your dad's results!

LindaPete

Tali - we got out at 12:45 yesterday. It got bad in a hurry! The roads were fine driving home, but visibility was next to nothing. There were times when all I could see was a yellow line right in front of my truck. We started on time today.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning!!

I slept in a bit this morning. I was supposed to get up and exercise but I was just too tired. I am feeling good now though. Tomorrow will be exercise day. Maybe I'll motivate tonight. We'll see. I was so tired yesterday. I couldn't keep my eyes open for nothing. It was horrible. I did motivate and get the kitchen cleaned up though. I was quite proud of myself.

Chris - those pants sound wonderful. maybe once my back side shrinks a little bit I'll look for some as a little gift for myself. I love warm fuzzy pants.

ME - That is quite a line up for that concert. I understand completely about dragging toddlers to something like that. I take my kids to concerts but only at the outdoor amphitheater. They always come to see dave Matthews with us and last year we went and saw Tom Petty and the Police also. I would never take them to a stadium type concert though. Ethan maybe but definately not Addie, especially not with that many people. I don't like those types of crowds. I hope you can figure out a way to participate in something though.

Sandra - I am glad that you are able to go in with your dad. It is so nice that you are able to be there for him and also be there so that you know what's going on and can ask questions of your own. I hope you get good information and news today.

Quirky - you just get some rest. He'll be here before you know it. I hope things go well with your c-section.

Linda - I'm sorry your husband is being a stupid-head as I like to call my hubby when he's being a brat. I hope you guys get these issues figured out without too much trouble. Big hugs!!

Tali - I am so glad that you and your family are feeling better. Poor Eric. I don't know how you can wrap your head around something like suicide. There is no real closure on that and it is just so sad. Not to mention the guilt that survivors tend to feel that they didn't notice or help in some way even though there was nothing that could have been done. My heart aches for you and Eric and everyone else going through this tragedy.

Anyway, as I wrote in a seperate thread I hit the 1000 mark last night. Thank you guys for making it so easy to be so comfortable here. I think about you guys daily and discuss things I read here with people like my husband and sister because all of you touch me in some way. So, I just wanted to write and also say thank you to you girls that I talk to every day!! Lots of love!!

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
Hey kids!! I'm just sittin' here thinking of everything I need to clean before the maids get here! ugh!! I hate that, but I know it's good for me and my kids to clean up anyway!! LOL!! Someday, maybe I'll be like a real princess where I won't even have to pick up...is that bad for me??? LOL!! oh well...off to do the handwashing of the dishes!! :)

Hey Linda, sooo sorry about your fight!! Keep calling him Mr Wonderful and he'll turn back into Mr Hyde...or was it Jekyl...I can't remember...don't think I even read that actual story!! I hate fighting with Mr Gorgeous. But we live outloud, so there is no silent treatment for anyone here (poor scathed kids!! LOL!!just kidding!!) I just yelled at Quentin to stop yelling! is that not sad???

Anyway, Hugs to everyone...off to teach the 14yo some grammar and then wash!

sandracvrt

well, just got back from the VA... Dad may be going in for surgery tomorrow - a thoracotomy... this means they'll remove the lower and middle lobes of his lung unless the mass is too close to the fissure between the middle and top lobes... if it is he will have a pneumonectomy (complete lung removal)... they're trying to squeeze it in for tomorrow... if not he'll have surgery on the 28th.

dabittymama

Hi my O's. We had a long morning at the car dealership, I had to bring the van in to get the windshield wiper fluid pump fixed, the person who turned it in as a lease before had put WATER in it instead of wiperfluid and living in Michigan where it is 15 degrees most days in the winter it froze and cracked the pump so it didn't work. Thanfully that had a really nice little play area so my girls got to play with new toys and had fun for the first hour or so. The last 45 mins got a little hairy. Sadie is a roit to bring into a public bathroom right now, the person in the stall next to us got a little baby head poking in at her!!! Gotta love a toddler ;)!!!

We did a McD's stop on the way home as a treat and now its nap time, maybe for mama too because we still have to hit the grocery store this afternoon if we want to eat tomorrow.

Linda~ Big hugs.

Chris~ I have bamboo sweater, LOVE IT...but its short sleeved so its more of a fall/spring item. They are SO comfy I wish I could have an entire bamboo wardrobe.

Sally~ you are a real princess...heir to the King :), that's what I tell my girls at least. Even Cinderella had to scrub the floors for a bit right :p.

Clara~ WHOOT on the 1000!!!

Hugs to everyone else, I am off to fold some laundry...yey...if I say it enough I might believe it.

dabittymama

Oh Sandra!!! Big hugs and lots of prayers going your way. Keep us UTD if you can that will be a big surgery.

kehfrog

Hi ladies! Yikes - it's been nearly a week since I stopped by. We survived the wind last week with no problems. DS started a cold Saturday and now DH has it. Poor boys! They're home together today. I stayed home yesterday, but had some meetings I needed to attend today.

Have a good day!

Karen

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Hugs Sandra!! Waiting is horrible!! I'm sorry everything is being drawn out so long for you. Lots of prayers for you!!