Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, February 20

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning to you all! I am so incredibly glad that the sun is shining because I feel like I am dragging. If it were another cloudy day, I think I'd go back to bed and party be damned.
Nah, not really. You knew that though. LOL The 4.30 am wide-awake bit is taking a toll, sadly. At least last night, I slept well until 4.30. No wonder, I was busy cleaning and cooking almost the entire day. I shouldn't have too much to do today. Nope, I take that back. I still have to put my costume together and move some junk out of the DR. I have to hide some "murder weapons" around the house but make sure the dogs can't get to them :D

I didn't go to Coloring Crew, I decided to paint my nails instead. That was a good decision. I went with deep plum and some gold glitter. Totally not my usual style. *G* While I was doing that, I was watching YouTube videos on plant and leaf identification. Nodes and internodes, palmate and compound leaves -- eventually it will all stick in my brain. *That* is more my style.

Must. Wake. Up.

let me post thins so I can get moving.

:hug4:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh no!! Grammarly gave me a sad face for the tone of my first post. I don't it when I get sad or mad faces.
I am not sad, just tired.

@vickyday It's still so cold here, we might get close to 40 on Thursday. I am sure the weather isn't helping my energy levels. That's a great idea to walk on the track to get some exercise. When you you back to PT? Will your insurance cover any more appts there?

@BrightEyes Kay, I literally feel your pain (exhaustion). I hope this trend breaks for both of us. Good luck surviving this morning without coffee when you get your blood work done.

@Cherylndesigns WWCD--That's a nice way to remember what is important and to prioritize. He'd want you to take a day off to rest. In the grand scheme of things- a day off won't make a difference for the paperwork but it will make a difference for you ♥
Love the idea of scrapping some of his sayings!

@pachimac How are you feeling today? Hope you are better.
I tried so many times to do P365 or P52 and never got anywhere. I thought about the 100-Day challenge here and then thought better of it. What an utter shame that you can't get your photos from PhotoBucket. It's so wrong.
Do you drink seltzer? Maybe some of the bubbles and flavor can get the soda "feel" without the sugar?

My early morning wake-up started college when all of my classes began at 8 am. The education majors all had 8 am starts because the school felt that we needed to get used to the early class times *blinks* I still think that is stupid.
I am NOT a morning person so even after I had kids and was a SAHM, I had to have coffee before they woke up. Had. To. For the sake and safety of all of us :lol23: That stuck and now I can't get out of it.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Oh no!! Grammarly gave me a sad face for the tone of my first post. I don't it when I get sad or mad faces.
I am not sad, just tired.

@vickyday It's still so cold here, we might get close to 40 on Thursday. I am sure the weather isn't helping my energy levels. That's a great idea to walk on the track to get some exercise. When you you back to PT? Will your insurance cover any more appts there?

@BrightEyes Kay, I literally feel your pain (exhaustion). I hope this trend breaks for both of us. Good luck surviving this morning without coffee when you get your blood work done.

@Cherylndesigns WWCD--That's a nice way to remember what is important and to prioritize. He'd want you to take a day off to rest. In the grand scheme of things- a day off won't make a difference for the paperwork but it will make a difference for you ♥
Love the idea of scrapping some of his sayings!

@pachimac How are you feeling today? Hope you are better.
I tried so many times to do P365 or P52 and never got anywhere. I thought about the 100-Day challenge here and then thought better of it. What an utter shame that you can't get your photos from PhotoBucket. It's so wrong.
Do you drink seltzer? Maybe some of the bubbles and flavor can get the soda "feel" without the sugar?

My early morning wake-up started college when all of my classes began at 8 am. The education majors all had 8 am starts because the school felt that we needed to get used to the early class times *blinks* I still think that is stupid.
I am NOT a morning person so even after I had kids and was a SAHM, I had to have coffee before they woke up. Had. To. For the sake and safety of all of us :lol23: That stuck and now I can't get out of it.
The PT I am currently in is osteoporosis-related exercises.....weight-bearing to build bone. And working on my neck to see if I can get rid of some of these headaches. So, I am praying and hoping they "code" the PT correctly so that it is covered! I've already got my deductibles for the year taken care of for 2024! OY VEY!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,

I'm trying to wake up, drinking tea, and hoping that my morning chat will help me ease into the day. I have to get busy and make phone calls today - I took yesterday off because nothing was open, anyway. AND I tried not to worry - WWCD? NOT worry. Ava came over and helped me do a couple of things - she's like this little ray of sunshine flitting all over the place. I cannot feel down in the dumps when she walks in the door. She was going to work on my bench for the garden, but we read the directions and they said that there had to be at least three consecutive days that were over 65 degrees. We didn't want to build it inside, because the Gorilla Glue is very strong - smell wise and I'm sensitive to that smell. So, next week it's supposed to be almost 70 for several days in a row. I can hardly wait to get it assembled. The totem has to be glued to a big base, too - it doesn't just go down in the ground.

Alyssa and her bff went to get us all dinner last night. We have this new drive-through called Fresch and it's fresh Mexican style food. They have the best wraps, which is what I got. There were two big wraps, so I have enough for tonight.

Chris, it's almost party time. What did you decide on wearing? You will all have so much fun.

Vicky @vickyday I hope that your PT is covered, too. It's all in the coding. Insurance is SO hard to figure out. Good luck.

Hugs and love to everyone who stops in later. I think I'm a little more awake now and can start organizing my papers and see who I can call today. :banghead:

XOXO

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... Its a foggy rainy day again today, but yesterday was sunny and mild!! We spent the entire day at the In-Laws. We were only supposed to be there for a couple of hours and have lunch together, but when we arrived FIL had the kitchen sink plumbing all taken apart and was trying to fix a leak. (The man is going it be 90 in April) Ugh what a mess and my DH , SIL Linda's boyfriend Mark and FIL worked on that sink all day, with having to go into town to find new plumbing fixtures and re-arranging the way the old pipes were put in by FIL (who is not a plumber lol). Turns out the sink had been clogged for quite a few days and FIL was plunging the heck out of it, he used so much force that it cracked the seal around the drain. The man is like a bull in a china shop I swear!! :giggle4: Needless to say lunch was late, we finally had it around 2pm then the guys went to the hardware store and we had to wash dishes in the sink downstairs. Us ladies had a nice visit and we talked about all the things that were going to have to be done when the house goes on the market. They are meeting up with the realtor on Wednesday to get an offer in on the house across the street, hopefully it won't be sold by then :banghead:. MIL finally admitted that they should have moved a year ago, she was in total denial about FIL's driving ability. Something must have happened with his driving that finally scared her and him enough to realize it. Anyway we did not get home until 8pm and I threw together some snacks for my Gary for work and a few for us to have for our supper along with a much needed glass of wine and then we called it a night!! I have some baking to do today and waiting on a call from Heather this morning. She caught the boys cold and hasn't been feeling very well poor thing! Not a good way to spend a long weekend! I need to get Aunt Betty's card in the mail and then I want to do some pages with the colour play items.

@faerywings - I hope that you can get everything done for your party! It sounds like you have a good handle on it so far! Make sure you take photos please!! Sorry that you are waking up so darn early everyday! Have you tried going to bed a bit later? That seems to work for me. Have fun with your Murder Mystery Party!! I can't wait to see you all in your costumes!!

@vickyday - Do you have your own weights to use for your PT? Sure hope that everything goes well for the insurance!! It is such a pain to deal with all of that!

@Cherylndesigns - so nice that Ava brightens your day!! The new drive through place sound yummy too! Hope that you can get the bench put together soon, yes that darn gorilla glue really does smell!! Do you have a sturdy post that the totem can be attached too? I guess between all of you there must be one somewhere on the property. I hope that all the phone calls that need to be made today don't bring you down too much, take a break once in awhile and take care of you!! :hug2:.

Ok I need to go download a few things and get busy with my day! Have a great one everyone! :waving3:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. I have been up and out already. Decided to wait until after 8AM before heading over to the lab for the blood tests. Good thing as the orders were not in the system and the Oncology dept doesn't open until 8AM. Too about 15 minutes for the lab to get in touch with Oncology and get the orders and finally get the blood draw done. All's well that ends well as they say. I'm am back home enjoying my 1st cup of coffee and a piece of fruit for breakfast. And doing a dance as the cable people have moved around the corner to the cross street!! Only have 2 barricades of hole/cable on our street now!!! So much easier to drive in and out now. I will wait to get the shower head until tomorrow. I have an hearing aid check-up over at Sam's in late morning. Will do all my errands down in that area then. The weather is suppose to get into the low 60's with sunshine until Friday.

@faerywings I am looking forward to seeing the photos from the Murder Mystery Party!! You guys sure have a lot of fun!!!

@taxed4ever Not sure whether to say Good that the in-laws realize they need to be closer to family. What a shame that FiL did a number of the kitchen sink! Glad that whatever happened to scare MiL about his driving so she knows they need the help. Keep my fingers crossed that they get the house across the street.

@vickyday Hope the insurance covers the PT. DH bought some weights so he could do some of his PT at home. And I ended up using for strength building exercises. Hope that eventually they can figure out about your headaches.

@Cherylndesigns So happy Ava is around to keep your spirits up. Glad you took yesterday off from phone calls, etc!! You needed the break.

I just got a call that they missed drawing a tube of blood so I need to run back over to the lab.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns - so nice that Ava brightens your day!! The new drive through place sound yummy too! Hope that you can get the bench put together soon, yes that darn gorilla glue really does smell!! Do you have a sturdy post that the totem can be attached too? I guess between all of you there must be one somewhere on the property. I hope that all the phone calls that need to be made today don't bring you down too much, take a break once in awhile and take care of you!!

She's amazing, Trudy. She's been that way since she was a little girl - so happy and energetic and ready to help in any way she can. She did say that the totem needed some shims, but not a problem, she said. Haha

I'm getting ready to make one call. I can do this - one foot in front of the other. If that goes well, I'll make another one. Thanks for the cheerleading. :cheer::hug3:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, that was a quick trip there and back home. My coffee didn't even have a chance to cool off (it is in double-wall cup) so I can finish it now. At least I didn't have to wait to be called - just let the gal know I was there and was in and out in less than 5 minutes!! Was feeling like a fast change gal... had on short sleeve tee when I got dressed; then changed into a long sleeve tee when I got home; back into short sleeve tee for lab work and back into long sleeve tee as it is cool in the house.

And... it looks like a small crew is back across the street digging up the spot between my neighbors' yards. Not sure but they may come back over to between my place and the neighbor's as both those spots got covered up at the same time. Looks like they are putting in a retaining box now.

ETA: They are putting in the cable connection box!!! They will have fun on my side... there is already 2 boxes there so now there will be 3 clustered together. :rotfl:

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
@Cherylndesigns So happy Ava is around to keep your spirits up. Glad you took yesterday off from phone calls, etc!! You needed the break.

Yes, I needed yesterday off, Kay. I'm so proud of myself - I made a lot of important phone calls today and feel like I made some real headway. The ball is rolling now. Yes, I'm lucky to have Ava's spirit around and Adrienne just left. She came to help me get organized. I've been letting those things slip. She did some cleaning and it incentivized me to clean too. She said, "Mom, just go relax" but I got the bug to clean. It's so sweet when your children and grandchildren pitch in and help. The roles are definitely reversing.