Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, August 9

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, my deari-os! Hope you are all doing well.

it is 100% soup out there. I woke up in the middle of the night and looked at my phone to see what time it was and it was still 81* -- at 1 am. bleck. It looks like today might be the last day of this heat wave and we might be getting some rain this afternoon. My plants are begging for that. I literally *had* to go outside yesterday or my brain was going to bust open. I transplanted a bunch of small marigold plants along the front edge of my yard and by the mailbox. I watered them from a jug but if it didn't rain, they are not gonna make it. But I had to do something other than just sit. It was funny, I wasn't bothered by the heat until I got back inside and realized you could practically wring me out (should have used that to water my plants haha!)

I talked to my parents and my dad has an appt with the hip surgeon on Friday. I am relieved about that. My mom and I are going to PA tomorrow through Friday for a change of scenery. We are going to go up after I am done cleaning tomorrow and probably do nothing until we drive home on Friday. I went up only once last summer and then Scott and I went up in April just for a few hours to do some work.

Another quiet day here, I am going to finish my food shopping order and then pack up as much as I can so I won't be running around tomorrow. Both kids are off work today so maybe we can plan on a game night or something.

Have a great time today whatever you are doing ♥

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva thanks so much for the recipe ideas. Her blog is awesome! When I was at BFFs, we had a Hello Fresh (meal kit) flatbread so I looked at the website for that too. I found a flatbread "bread" recipe at King Arthurs and a couple of vegetarian flatbread recipes on Hello Fresh. I hope that if I mix up a few new things no one will be bored cooking or eating. (I say no one but I really mean "me." LOL)

@BrightEyes So relieved that you are feeling better Kay and a good idea to check with the dr at your yearly check-up.
20 lbs of plums! Wow! Your tree is really pumping them out.
OMG, whatever you were dreaming must have been terrifying, did you ever remember what it was, or better to not even try to remember?

@bcgal00 isn't that the way it goes, as soon as you get the ones from BBB, amazon comes through. :/ But like you said now you can share with the fam and have plenty of room leftover for Betty Jo :D

@Cherylndesigns I was going to tease you that you actually didn't make it in here before the end of the day since my EST timestamp said it was later than that but that would have been mean #mad
Nancy's is the place with the yummy pies, IIRC??
Your shopping trip sounds like a blast and you got some great things too! LOL-ing at the ripped jacket/50% off comments!

@LSlycord You must be living minute-by-minute these days. I hope that you are holding ok and *try* to not look at the calendar and clock. I know that has to be next to impossible so I am also sending big hugs to you

Hope that Trudy is having a great time with the family ♥

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
A real quick in and out this morning. The Red Hat gals will be here for the pot luck lunch and knowing us all... we will probably spend most of the afternoon chatting away. It will be good to have them here and spend time together. Everything is ready except for the spicy refried bean dip which only takes a couple of minutes to mix up and heat (2 cans refried beans, 1/2 - 3/4 c of salsa, and garlic salt - mix and heat in microwave). One of the other ladies said she was bringing a green chicken enchilada casserole so the bean dip is a nice side for it. I am also providing desserts: cherry cinnamon rolls and to-die-for huge bakery soft chocolate chip cookies. I have indulged with the cookies a couple of times already... so soft and chewy and delish!!! And as an extra treat... I have bags of plums for each of the girls to take home. ;) Yes, Chris... the tree is still full of plums so will be sharing them with all the neighbors. I guess the early monsoon rains we got in May/June really got the tree to producing an over-abundance of plums this year. Once the leaves are gone this fall, I will have one of the grandsons come and trim the broken end of the branches and seal them. I am leaving a few of the fallen plums on the ground as I have seen the rabbit, a roadrunner, a gecko, and some birds enjoying them at different times; plus have found several picked clean pits out there.

No, Chris... I don't remember what my nightmare was about but have a hunch it the bad lightening storm we were having at the time was part of it. Several years ago, the church steeple 1/2 a block for from us was hit by lightening as we were watching the storm through the open front door - and no screen door added yet. The explosive hit knocked us back a few steps and scared us to death. At the time, there was only an empty lot between our house and church. Now I stay inside and away from windows/doors when there is lightening going on. In my dream, I was wondering why my hubby wasn't waking me up when I started moaning/screaming... and then woke up enough to realize that he wasn't there with me. Was not a good way to wake up that morning.

Chris, glad you dad has an appt with his hip doctor to have it checked out. Enjoy your time with your mom at the beach. You deserve some relaxation time to recoup from all the stress going on.

Rae, looks like you will have plenty of packing cubes to share with the others. Isn't that just the way things happen - delay in shipping then they arrive just as you buy others!!!

Cheryl, I was LOL over the guys teasing you about the rips in the jacket you just bought. Glad you had a good shopping trip and fun the girls.

Linda, just enjoy the last few days with Syd before she goes off to college.

Well, time to grab another cup of coffee, get dressed and ready for the gals. CYL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Another hot dry day here. I'll be in the pool this afternoon and will take the dogs to the water later before dinner to cool off. Dinner is easy, leftover spaghetti sauce, so just need to cook noodles for D. I will have fried konjac noodles, peppers and mushrooms with mine.

We started watching Almost Paradise and am enjoying it. It's an easy watch, has a bit of comedy and the plot isn't very complicated so it's fun to watch but I can play with the dogs on the floor and keep up with it.

@faerywings Enjoy your relaxing time with your mom.

@BrightEyes Have fun with your red hat ladies today.

I'm getting coffee and getting on with my day. BFN

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Well, it's 11:57 but it will be after noon by the time I'm done. LOL Chris @faerywings I always forget that we're on CST - I've lived in the EST my whole life and my brain is still in there. Thank you for not teasing me about NOT making it by midnight. I know it must have been difficult. BWAHAHA I'm SO glad that your dad is going to see his surgeon on Friday! Maybe he can get some answers and relief. Keeping my fingers crossed for him.

It's been raining here since late last night. We had some lightening and thundering and it's starting up again.

Kay @BrightEyes sounds like you're all set for the RH's sounds yummy what you have fixed and how cute to give each girl a bag of plums. Yes, we take a lot of ribbing from the guys about anything we buy that has distressing (they call holes) in them. That kind of died down for a little bit, but it's everywhere again.

You'll all love this - I distressed a pair of my shorts yesterday. I got this pair of jean shorts for 9.95 so I decided to practice on them. I love "operating on my clothes". Hahaha I'm always "altering" my t-shirt's - it drives my youngest dd crazy. If they're too long, I cut them off. If the neck's too tight, I cut it larger. Adrienne came in yesterday and said "Mom, those are your new shorts!" I said, "Yes they are - I decided to practice on the cheapo ones." I still need to "shred" the slits - I use tweezers to do that. (BTW and this won't surprise anybody - Ava does the same thing she'll cut the bottom of her t-shirts and make fringe. Hahaha.)

I got a new LO done for a re-release, but that's about all I got accomplished yesterday.

Happy Tuesday everybody.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm back, LOL. Oh the way my mind works. I was washing my hair and realized that I didn't answer one of your questions, Chris @faerywings . Yes, Nancy's would be THE Nanciy's Pie Shop. LOL You know Nancy's - lots of good food besides pie. #clap#clap

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
This day just disappeared. Don't even know what I have done. But now, to honor Olivia Newton-John, I am going to watch Grease. Probably for the 1.000.000th time.

Amandajk

Non eventful day so far except that we again are babysitting all 3 unexpectedly! We were supposed to only do Wed-Friday, but DIL had to do special training yesterday, and son's boss' dad died so they are at the viewing. Tomorrow we have all 3 for the funeral time. WE don't mind too much, just means we didn't get our breather days- especially after having them all weekend, LOL!!! I think we will move fairly soon, so we are taking a positive approach to the time together. Plus their parents are being respectful! :D
Just finished a pan of white lasagna and it is baking. Oldest GS is quite the budding chef!

@bcgal00 We shall have to try out Almost Paradise!
@Cherylndesigns come on now- cough up the pics of your shorts!!
@BrightEyes Kay what a great group that must be. You had to mention green chicken enchiladas!!!! Ooy Vey!
@LSlycord I really hope your time is memorable!
@faerywings YES, enjoy the time with Mom- precious. Haven't seen mine for two years. Hard to believe and harder to say. She lives far away.
That's all til humpday...

Betty Jo

♥ Lovin' the O ♥
Gosh, I'm way behind! Being away all day Monday threw my whole week off balance. We had a super time for my son's birthday, doing nothing much but just being together, talking, laughing, and snacking way too much. The root beer floats were delicious. I ran all over town the morning of, trying to find his favorite vanilla ice cream, to no avail. So I settled for another brand, but in a float, it doesn't make a HUGE difference. I noticed in one of our largest stores several empty shelves, in the pasta aisle, and can't remember what the other aisle was. I've wondered how long before we'd start seeing that here. I normally have all my groceries delivered, as I hate grocery shopping, so I haven't been in the stores much. My friend says it seems to fluctuate, from week to week. Unfortunately, my DIL had to work and couldn't join us for the fun, but my son, and two granddaughters 21 and 19, and I had a lot of fun. They taught me a new card game, at least it's new to me, called Five Crowns. The object is to end up with the lowest score. Not sure if they will let me play again, as I had zero score for at least fifteen hands straight, and won all but one round that we played. Beginner's luck, I'm sure!! ;)

Yay @bcgal00 you got the cubes, so I can now go along. I figure that if Alexa can live in an Echo that's about 6x6, I should make out okay with all that room in the cubes at 15x15!

@faerywings I hope your Dad's appointment gets positive news. I love PA. Many of my late husband's family live in PA and we considered moving there at one point, but hubby wasn't sure this FL gal could tolerate the winters.

@BrightEyes I have the occasional nightmare, and I'm always so happy when I can't remember them.

@tanteva I love the Pick Up Limes blog and have used a lot of her recipes. Another blog with awesome recipes is Brand New Vegan. I was vegan for four years, but developed a sensitivity to salicylates found in a lot of the fruit and veggies I was eating daily. I still use recipes from many awesome vegan blogs, I just have to be careful and eat on the low end of high salicylate foods, and rotate them.

@Cherylndesigns Thank you. My friend is going to be missed by many, she was such an awesome person with the greatest personality. Sounds like you had a lot of fun on your shopping spree! :)

@Amandajk I enjoy my granddaughters so much but miss those days when they were little. I'm glad you're having time with your grands, they grow up so fast. I remember we always needed space in between their visits at that age, they ran us ragged. :rolleyes: