Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, August 13

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I did *not* want to get out of bed this morning. It was cold! it feels much more like September than August, back down to 58* ATM. Talk to me in a few months when I am crying about how I want it to be warm at 58* instead of 38* :D
It's all relative.

Weird weird weather yesterday. The morning was awesome, just perfect! Gary and I took the dogs for a short hike around 11 which was wonderful. we went to the same park around the corner from us we usually do. The rain and wind last week did a number on the trails we were on. Trees knocked over from the roots and you can see how the bedrock got pulled up along with it.
1723548141713.png1723548177944.png
It took me a few tries too figure out how to best climb over some of the longs crossing the trail. Whisky would hop over first, then want to take off while I was still on the other side. I made her wait until I was over and ready for her to jump and run. The last time, I was halfway over the log, W was waiting for me, and Gary called her to him. (really, dude???) In his defense, he didn't realize that I wasn't ready for her to go.
Anyway, she flew off to him but got caught up by the leash and did a flip. She was fine and I was fine but that was a crazy few seconds. This got me thinking about Trailbound maybe doing a course on hiking with dogs. How much food/water to pack, doggy first aid, hiking gear, that kind of stuff. One of the instructors backpacks with her dog so I thought of her. So I posted on the FB page and she said that she - and her dog- think that's a good idea!

The rest of the day was drizzly on and off so I only got a little bit of yard work done. Today looks to be beautiful again so I am going to try to get outside for a while. Not for too long, I have big plans this afternoon!!! I am going with Caitlyn and Tom to Town Hall to be a witness their marriage license! :dance2:

One month from today :cloud9:

xoxoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
No other major plans for today. I'm not up to much, anyway. Later on this week I will have to prepare for my oldest and her family as they stop by on their way back home from their FL vacation this week. That just means sweeping in the spare room. I already have clean linens on the bed. But the room needs dusting, too. The kids will sleep on pallets on the floor here in the living room with the oldest one taking the couch, probably. No real food to have prepared as they are only spending the night and leaving in the morning for the last 6 hour leg of their journey home. I'll probably have donuts ready for their breakfast. It will be a short and sweet visit.
Yuck! Sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope that by the time you read this, you are 100% better. Don't stress over the dust- your family isn't going to notice or care. Take care of yourself so you can enjoy your time together.
If it's supposed to be HHH for you later this week, I'm sure it will be here, too!
Sad but true :/

Oh my I wish I had more time to comment on the discussions but we are getting ready for a travel day...off to Dodge City
Hope you had fun! You'll have photos for scrap pages if nothing else *G*

Good morning ladies. I talked to Ona and Vicki and let them know that I'll be stepping down from the CT team at the end of the month. These eight months in the new town has shown me that scrapping has taken a back burner to other things I am doing now.

I have my first volunteer job at the center now, I will be the coordinator of that event. I'm enjoying being involved there and getting to know everyone.
I'm sad for the CO Team but happy for you! It's like all the pieces are falling into place and you should have all the time you want/need to enjoy life right now. I hope you'll visit us in the Ooos when you can and share pics of the puppies and wildlife.
:hug3:

@taxed4ever I wish I could say that Martin Mars wouldn't be needed anymore and that was the reason for its retirement but we all know that isn't true :( It sounds like a lot of memories are attached to it and many grateful residents of the area.
I wish I could send you some rain.
That's awesome that you got blackberries from your neighbors. Maybe jam-making will get some creative juices flowing...

You just "leak joy" (sorry had to get a pee reference in somewhere) every time you come in here, and I can tell your life is full of happiness. Wishing you tons or joy with everything you have going.
Ditto to what you said to Rae.
(And OMG! The pee joke :giggle4: )

@AK_Tracy Yuck! that's awful that the sunroof is leaking and that it can't get fixed until October! We had that happen with a car years ago and it only leaked if I was parked on a downslope. I had to remember to park in my driveway back end in, especially if it might rain.
How was the chiro?

What mayhem? Fill me in. I'll bring the ketchup.
Mistress of Mayhem :D
(Psst-- stay away from @AK_Tracy ... she is a troublemaker. Oh. So are you. Dang, that means you'll be stuck like glue... Sheesh...)
Yesterday afternoon, I took the time to get out the cups, glasses, and other items needed for the lunch tomorrow. Even got the table set with placemats, etc. Will get the iced tea made in a little bit. Going to make some hard boiled eggs for an egg-salad sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

I made enchiladas for supper last night along with guacamole and will have the rest of it for supper tonight. I have been hungry for them ever since I posted the Spicy LO!!! :D
Have a wonderful time with the girls today! Hehe-- your spicy LO makes everyone hungry

Tracy-- fab news from the chiro!

@JeanneMN No rush catching up here- catch up on your sleep first and take care of yourself. (@tanteva I said catch up, not ketchup so put that case of bottles down NOW!)
Everything is getting that worn out look, . It seems like just yesterday; I was watching things popping out of the ground.
Same here, my coneflowers are getting black and shriveled. And I realized that my bee balm never bloomed this year. What is up with that? The plants are looking great with lots of stems - just no flowers. Wait --I had a few on the left side of the pond that bloomed but nothing to the right of it. Meanwhile, my black-eyed Susies are the best I've ever seen and the hydrangeas are going strong. I'll never figure out why plants do the things they do. SMH!
Good luck to your grand for the new school year!
Take it easy after your platelet donations today too.

I KNEW you'd get The Bat Signal!! We need a fourth for our "mayhem group". You bring the ketchup, ok?
:floorlaugh:

I have to take the dogs out, be back soon!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I have a story we need to stick to! :pokestick: We tried to stop. We did. We honestly tried to stop.

If we repeat it enough Chris will believe us.
Umm, you know I used to teach preschool? And I raised two kids of my own? You think I am gonna fall for that? LOL!!

@scrap-genie Congrats on the new car! It's pretty! *throws a handful of good luck change inside*

@Cherylndesigns *fingers and toes crossed that Roger can fix the dishwasher* please don't puke in the woods. Please don't puke anywhere :hug2:
dance3 So happy that Kinleigh is coming today! Have a blast!
Good luck with the family calendar too.

I am way behind schedule- not wanting to get out of bed did that. and it's only going to get worse. And darker. I don't want summer to goooo :bawling:

Hugs!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
The cold is still hanging on! I cough myself into a headache when I first get up! It's a rainy morning here but supposed to quit around noon. I will be taking my GD to the dentist this afternoon as her mom started back to work this week at the Christian school she attends. Mark has already contacted me about lunch. He must be hungry as he was an hour earlier than usual with his text.
Nothing much going on here. I was so tired I slept until 8:45 this morning! Probably because it is rainy and dark and gloomy out. I did end up doing another challenge yesterday, one of Anna's Lift challenges. I love how my page turned out. I think all I will do today is my daily ATC.
HAGD!

The rain and wind last week did a number on the trails
Mark said our trails are messy now, too. He did cut up one tree last weekend that had fallen.
The rest of the day was drizzly on and off
Looks like we are going to have rain today, supposedly until noon.
witness their marriage license!
WOOHOO!
One month from today :cloud9:
WOW! The time will fly by!
I hope that by the time you read this, you are 100% better
Unfortunately not, but I do feel a bit better than yesterday...just a tad bit! I wish this headache would go away, but I need to stop coughing so much first!
I am way behind schedule- not wanting to get out of bed did that
I slept until 8:45 this morning. I think because of the rainy, dreary weather causing it to be dark outside. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! ;). Our weather is still about 10* warmer than yours, however.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Real quick in and out... lunch is here today. Everything is set up and ready. :pleasantry:
Had a phone call from DSon#2 last evening. He said he was calling to say "Happy Birthday", Happy 4th of July, happy Labor Day, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and any other holiday that he had missed calling me!!! :floorlaugh: He has a wild sense of humor and wanted me to know he thought of me on all the holidays and non-holidays!!! Was great to get caught up how things were going with them. No flooding from Tropical Storm Debbie - just lots of rain.

Time to finish getting dressed. BBL

AK_Tracy

Good morning Lovelies!

It was cold! it feels much more like September than August, back down to 58* ATM.
YES! It does almost feel like September. Its 40* this morning. Not quite ready but hey the sun is out! Its not current raining. I'll take it.
@AK_Tracy Yuck! that's awful that the sunroof is leaking and that it can't get fixed until October! We had that happen with a car years ago and it only leaked if I was parked on a downslope. I had to remember to park in my driveway back end in, especially if it might rain.
How was the chiro?
Yes, hubby made my car look......... tacky. It now has a trash bag over the top. But I do need to turn it around and we need to tarp it so it really is covered. I'm so annoyed that they cant get us in sooner. The shop here is always 2 months minimum wait. But I down want to drive a leaky car 3 hours to the next dealership.
(Psst-- stay away from @AK_Tracy ... she is a troublemaker.
What???? ME?? **attempts an innocent look**
I did end up doing another challenge yesterday, one of Anna's Lift challenges. I love how my page turned out.
I love how it turned out too!!!!!
lunch is here today. Everything is set up and ready. :pleasantry:
WOO HOOO!!!! Have a wonderful time with lunch!!! Sounds like a time and how everyone brings their own lunch. I love the part and might try it. I love that you dont have to take diets and restrictions into account.That gets stressful.

YES YES YES! I knew @tanteva would have my back!!!!! Pst I hid the ketchup behind the couch! You'll find it easily when you need it. :couchhide:

Today is kitchen training. Will be a long evening but fun to catch up with my Wednesday crew. Going to feed them ground beef stroganoff and French bread. Then they have to clean for me :giggle4: Actually we will be going over the proper way to cook/clean in the kitchen. I cant wait for September and cooking weekly again.

Chiro was good but I woke up sore today. I can tell he manipulated the clavicle area. Hopefully tomorrow it will feel better but today (before coffee) it said hey wake up were done with you laying on this side. I'm not sure I am cut out for old age. :giggle4: Its a tad rough at the moment.

Have a wonderful day!!!!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone I am off to see my nephew and his beautiful family at my brother and SIL's place on the river. We have always been very close to our nephew and his sister as our kids hung out a lot together growing up. It is not a great weather day, so we probably won't be hanging out on the deck by the river, but it will be great to see them all again and catch up before they head back to Australia. It is a shame that my Gary will not be joining me, but he is on his own at work this week, so he is a very busy guy! So yesterday I spent the day in the kitchen making blackberry jelly and zucchini cheesy bread. That was after I did a 6K walk with SIL Linda, it was good to get the steps in!! So again no scrapping for me and none today either as I will be up at my brother's for most of the day.

I did *not* want to get out of bed this morning. It was cold! it feels much more like September than August, back down to 58* ATM
I felt the same way this morning, it was much cooler and feels so much more like September! Yes it is a shame that they retired the Martin Mars, but the smaller planes are more agile however they can't carry the amount of water that the Mars did. It is the last one of its kind in Canada, but I think there is one left in the States the Philippine Martin Mars, hopefully it is still doing its job!
The cold is still hanging on! I cough myself into a headache when I first get up! It's a rainy morning here but supposed to quit around noon.
So sorry that you are under the weather!! Hope the cold clears up soon and the rain stops too! It will be nice for you to see the sun again!
Had a phone call from DSon#2 last evening. He said he was calling to say "Happy Birthday", Happy 4th of July, happy Labor Day, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and any other holiday that he had missed calling me!!!
Your DS#2 sounds like my son, he always could make me laugh and has the best sense of humour ! :lovey3:
Actually we will be going over the proper way to cook/clean in the kitchen. I cant wait for September and cooking weekly again.
I think I should be taking your class LOL I could use some instruction on how not to get blackberry juice all over everything in the kitchen. It took me forever to clean up ! :giggle4:. How did I know that you and @tanteva would somehow be in cahoots together :nod1:.

Ok I am off to get dressed and head out to the river, hope you all have a wonderful day! :cowwaving:

AK_Tracy

So yesterday I spent the day in the kitchen making blackberry jelly and zucchini cheesy bread. That was after I did a 6K walk with SIL Linda, it was good to get the steps in!! So again no scrapping for me and none today either as I will be up at my brother's for most of the day.
How in the heck did you have energy left after a 6K walk?? Okay, had to do the conversion LOL A slightly under 4 mile walk. That still a long way.How did you have energy left over to make jelly and bread????
I think I should be taking your class LOL I could use some instruction on how not to get blackberry juice all over everything in the kitchen. It took me forever to clean up ! :giggle4:. How did I know that you and @tanteva would somehow be in cahoots together :nod1:.
My class doesn't apply to my personal kitchen :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: And I teach them how to clean up cause I always say, "if you didn't make a mess, you didn't have fun" and the kitchen should be fun so I always make a mess. I just learned how to clean it up.

Oh shoot! My innocent look didn't work and Trudy caught on. All I'm gonna say is Cheryl! :pokestick::pokestick::pokestick::pokestick:
@Cherylndesigns

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Real quick in and out... lunch is here today. Everything is set up and ready. :pleasantry:
Had a phone call from DSon#2 last evening. He said he was calling to say "Happy Birthday", Happy 4th of July, happy Labor Day, Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and any other holiday that he had missed calling me!!! :floorlaugh: He has a wild sense of humor and wanted me to know he thought of me on all the holidays and non-holidays!!! Was great to get caught up how things were going with them. No flooding from Tropical Storm Debbie - just lots of rain.

Time to finish getting dressed. BBL
Sons.....don't ya just lov'em! My oldest son rarely ever calls.....only on my birthday and Mother's Day. But when he calls we talk for an hour!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I love how it turned out too!!!!!
:heartpumppink: :heartpumppink: :heartpumppink: Thank you!
Chiro was good but I woke up sore today. I can tell he manipulated the clavicle area. Hopefully tomorrow it will feel better but today (before coffee) it said hey wake up were done with you laying on this side. I'm not sure I am cut out for old age. :giggle4: Its a tad rough at the moment.
Ain't it the truth! I wake up several times during the night with one hip or the other say....."Roll over.....Roll over!"
Hopefully the clavicle area will loosen up as the day goes on!
So sorry that you are under the weather!! Hope the cold clears up soon and the rain stops too! It will be nice for you to see the sun again!
Literally under the weather today, LOL! Raining cats and dogs! But I'm not complaining about the rain or the cooler temps because it has been so stinking hot, humid and dry this summer! I even wore long pants and a sweater to lunch with Mark today! My kind of weather!
I will be up at my brother's for most of the day.
Have a great day! Wish I lived closer to my brother to see him more than once every couple of years!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Hi Everyone. It's been a few minutes since I've been over here. First was our travel to California which was amazing. Then the following week Debby reeked Havoc on the airports and our daughter wound up here all week. And the computer was unplugged waiting for Debby to decide what she was going to do. It was Erinn's birthday while she was unexpectedly here so we had a grand time with that.

But, Sunday night/Monday morning we had to rush sweet Ike to ER in the middle of the night. And we lost him. We are devastated. He was fine. Until he wasn't. And now he's gone. We are broken hearted. I spent all day yesterday crying and sleeping. Today I went to work and it kept me busy and distracted. The whole family was with him and he knew how much we loved him. Ike was the best boy. :sad1::sad2::sad2::sad2: Ever.

Last edited:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
I'm hopelessly behind tonight. Just wanted to pop in and say :wavinghello:

What have I done all day? Let's see - worked on a CT layout, had a few laughs in the "first O Gallery Upload Thread", went into town to pick up prescriptions (mine wasn't ready, but Adrienne's was). Went to Dollar General to get a few things. Came home, talked to Steph forever, ate some dinner, then talked to a good friend double forever. Finally sat down to check the board.

Oh, in my spare time, I took all of the dirty dishes out of my dishwasher and washed and dried them by hand. Have I ever told you that I HATE doing dishes by hand??? Too many years of that, thank you. Roger had to go to the dentist - he broke a tooth, so I don't know when he's going to get down here to work on my dishwasher. In the meantime, I went and bought paper plates and cups - don't judge me, but I'd rather throw away than hand wash, if I have to do w/o a dishwasher for a few days. :angry4::furious: Chris @faerywings I can still go into the woods. I do believe that the day I got my very first dishwasher was one of my best! It was a portable one that had to be rolled to the sink, but I loved it. I despise washing dishes by hand - grew up having to do that every evening. :rollingpin1:

Now I need to go and work on tomorrow's Color Play blog post so I don't get caught posting it in the middle of the day like I did last week.

Hugs to all,
XOXO

AK_Tracy

Oh Cheryl, we are so alike!
@Cherylndesigns
I dont hate hand washing as much as you, but I do hate it. My mom is crazy as she prefers hand dishes. But then we all know she's crazy. I am totally with you on the paper products. If I could get away with paper plates on Thanksgiving, I probably would LOL

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
But, Sunday night/Monday morning we had to rush sweet Ike to ER in the middle of the night. And we lost him. We are devastated. He was fine. Until he wasn't. And now he's gone. We are broken hearted. I spent all day yesterday crying and sleeping. Today I went to work and it kept me busy and distracted. The whole family was with him and he knew how much we loved him. Ike was the best boy. :sad1::sad2::sad2::sad2: Ever.
words cannot describe the sadness we all feel for the loss of our furbabies. I understand the heartbreak and am sending you so many hugs. :brokenheart:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hi Everyone. It's been a few minutes since I've been over here. First was our travel to California which was amazing. Then the following week Debby reeked Havoc on the airports and our daughter wound up here all week. And the computer was unplugged waiting for Debby to decide what she was going to do. It was Erinn's birthday while she was unexpectedly here so we had a grand time with that.

OH! So sorry, Amy! :hug3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Have I ever told you that I HATE doing dishes by hand??? Too many years of that, thank you.
AMEN!
I went and bought paper plates and cups - don't judge me, but I'd rather throw away than hand wash
AMEN! AMEN!
I do believe that the day I got my very first dishwasher was one of my best! It was a portable one that had to be rolled to the sink, but I loved it.
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!
I despise washing dishes by hand - grew up having to do that every evening. :rollingpin1:
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. What a fun and delightful lunch was yesterday... we gals laughed, chatted, and love being together. One of the gals took the 8 bags of books (left from the garage sale) as she knows of a couple of senior citizen living places that can use the books in their library. SCORE!!! The gals were commenting on how good I looked so after they left and I cleaned and put everything away, then I pulled out the HP laptop and was going to take a few selfies. Well... the camera app hung up and wouldn't reset. May take it to the Geek Squad and let them see if they can reset it and get it to work (I am a BB Total Member and have free repair/tune-ups on my computers). Of course, it is only 10+ years old... so that may not work. :wow2: I checked on my new computer and YES... the external camera app was there and it worked! dance4:claphands: dance3 Then hard part getting the lighting in the room adjusted... the overhead ceiling light washed the hair out so it looked totally white, the side light threw too many shadows..so settled for opening the window blinds. Of course by then it was almost sunset so only had a few minutes to take photos....Then came the hard part of picking out which selfie to use for the new avatar.

Will be running a few errands today - library books taken back, check at HL to see if my special order photo pages are in, and stop at the grocery store for coffee creamer and fresh fruit. Then I should work on a few challenges... if I can get some ideas for them. No appointments for the rest of the month - so have plenty of time to scrap some. :multitasking:

WOW... PNM (electric company) just pulled up across the street with a couple of big trucks so need to close this out in case they turn the power off. CYL

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Oh Cheryl, we are so alike!
@Cherylndesigns
I dont hate hand washing as much as you, but I do hate it. My mom is crazy as she prefers hand dishes. But then we all know she's crazy. I am totally with you on the paper products. If I could get away with paper plates on Thanksgiving, I probably would LOL
Another thing we have in common - mothers who like to do dishes by hand. :crazy: We tried to buy them a dishwasher several times and she didn't want any part of it. :banghead: Of course, growing up, we 3 girls did the dishes every evening. My youngest sister was so small, she had to stand on a chair, but she had to help. We always fought over who got to rinse. :giggle4: She HAD disposable Thanksgiving plates, but she insisted on washing them every year. :what!:

AK_Tracy

Another thing we have in common - mothers who like to do dishes by hand. :crazy: We tried to buy them a dishwasher several times and she didn't want any part of it. :banghead: Of course, growing up, we 3 girls did the dishes every evening. My youngest sister was so small, she had to stand on a chair, but she had to help. We always fought over who got to rinse. :giggle4: She HAD disposable Thanksgiving plates, but she insisted on washing them every year. :what!:
Okay, I will NEVER understand the washing of disposable items! Like the whole point is to throw it out!!! Not wash it. :crazy: Why???? Yeah cray-cray.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Morning, gals. What a fun and delightful lunch was yesterday... we gals laughed, chatted, and love being together. One of the gals took the 8 bags of books (left from the garage sale) as she knows of a couple of senior citizen living places that can use the books in their library. SCORE!!! The gals were commenting on how good I looked so after they left and I cleaned and put everything away, then I pulled out the HP laptop and was going to take a few selfies. Well... the camera app hung up and wouldn't reset. May take it to the Geek Squad and let them see if they can reset it and get it to work (I am a BB Total Member and have free repair/tune-ups on my computers). Of course, it is only 10+ years old... so that may not work. :wow2: I checked on my new computer and YES... the external camera app was there and it worked! dance4:claphands: dance3 Then hard part getting the lighting in the room adjusted... the overhead ceiling light washed the hair out so it looked totally white, the side light threw too many shadows..so settled for opening the window blinds. Of course by then it was almost sunset so only had a few minutes to take photos....Then came the hard part of picking out which selfie to use for the new avatar.

Will be running a few errands today - library books taken back, check at HL to see if my special order photo pages are in, and stop at the grocery store for coffee creamer and fresh fruit. Then I should work on a few challenges... if I can get some ideas for them. No appointments for the rest of the month - so have plenty of time to scrap some. :multitasking:

WOW... PNM (electric company) just pulled up across the street with a couple of big trucks so need to close this out in case they turn the power off. CYL
Kay, I'm so glad that you and the gals had such a wonderful luncheon yesterday! Glad you got the camera figured out and got some new pictures - that's always fun to put new pictures here and other places.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Kay, I'm so glad that you and the gals had such a wonderful luncheon yesterday! Glad you got the camera figured out and got some new pictures - that's always fun to put new pictures here and other places.
Oh, my... just found a lighting app on the computer and what a difference in makes when taking photos!!!
So I changed my avatar again.

Kay Aug3-avatar.jpg Kay Aug5 avatar-500.jpg

Turns out that PNM was changing bulbs in the large street light.