Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, April 9

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Happy Tuesday! It's the second straight day of sunshine and I'd better get outside as much as possible. It's going to rain for the next three days. :gloomy:
My basement has finally dried out from the rain last week. It's only going to flood again.

Big day with the eclipse yesterday, did any of you get a chance to see it? It only got somewhat dark but very quiet, all of the birds stopped singing and calling.
I was happy being outside. I spent hours in my yard clearing out the dead leaves and pulling up garlic mustard. I know I am going to get poison ivy. Ugh. The vines were awful, all mixed in the flowers. I couldn't pull them last year, there were so many vines. I pulled a lot of them up as carefully as I could, hoping that the oil wouldn't be as plentiful or potent at this point. Talk to me in a few days when I am covered in blisters LOL I didn't see any cool bug friends aside from a few small decomposers. I did see a bumble bee. Oh!! I got a couple of pics of a bird hanging out in my rhododendron.
1712660502320.png

It's awful to say, but I seriously hope that no birds or bunnies have nests in my yard this year. Too much heartache when Mother Nature does her thing and we can't save them.

Today is my first day of field trip training at work. Today is a short session and Sunday will be a 4-hour one. I'm excited to find out what I will be doing. I know I'm working on stream ecology but can't wait to learn more of the details.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I'm listening to a robin singing its head off, it is on a branch next to my window. ♥

@BrightEyes What a stressful and chaotic few days for you and your family. Big hugs to you all. What a relief that some of Dee's things were salvageable. Will insurance cover the rest of it? Most of it?
Yup, moms worry about their chicks so I know you were glad to hear that Jim made it back to Vegas safely.
Have fun with the girls today and with your SIL tonight :)

@vickyday Oh no! Sun poisoning must be awful. Do you have an aloe plant in the house to soothe your skin? I hope that the dr appt went well and that you aren't in any pain.

@JeanneMN Hugs to you~~~~~ So sorry that you and DS had it out. We are always here when you need a hug or a shoulder. xo

@scrap-genie I saw your photos in the Eclipse thread- wow!! They were really awesome!

@zanthia my DH was watching it on TV too!

@Cherylndesigns Poor Daisy, on top of being a Velco dog lately, the eclipse/darkness was so unnecessary. Poor girl doesn't want to leave your side.

@FloridaGranny It is cool witnessing a historic event, right? My neighbor across the street had a baby on Friday (it's a girl!) which was when NJ had an earthquake. She came home yesterday right before the eclipse. Talk about a historic birth story :)

@mywisecrafts So sorry about the mandatory OT. My DD is dealing with it too. It is registration week at the college and all of the students she had been trying to meet with *before* registration are now freaking out that they can't register because they have holds on their accounts. She hates this time of the semester. :/
Great news that your brother moved closer to you!

Love to you all!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, all. Have a lunch with the gals today so this will be short and sweet!

Ah, the joys of learning the way around in Windows 11!!! I downloaded a kit yesterday afternoon. Went into File Explorer but couldn't figure out how to open the "Picture" folder to get to my "Working Scrapping" folder inside it so I could save the kit. Then this morning, I opened File Explorer and noticed that there was a 'new to me' area that said HOME at the very top and it had folders that opened up just like Windows 10!!! I was LOL over not seeing that yesterday. I was used to those folders being further down in the screen!! Looks like I will be fumbling my way around until I get used to the new set-ups. I will work on the new kit after I get back from lunch with the gals.

Talk about being confused... turns out that son-in-law#1 won't be here today... it will be tomorrow afternoon! I had the right date - April 10th - but thought that was on Tuesday! It is no wonder I was confused with all that was going on this past week. Glad it is Wednesday so I can relax and enjoy the lunch with the gals today.

The house is finally warmed up enough so I can take my :showering: Love the new rain-shower head. Feels like I am at a spa!!!
Hopefully things will settle down soon so I can get back in the groove of personals and ct duties. Know I am reading posts and thinking of all of you. :hug3:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Happy Tuesday! It's the second straight day of sunshine and I'd better get outside as much as possible. It's going to rain for the next three days. :gloomy:
My basement has finally dried out from the rain last week. It's only going to flood again.

Big day with the eclipse yesterday, did any of you get a chance to see it? It only got somewhat dark but very quiet, all of the birds stopped singing and calling.
I was happy being outside. I spent hours in my yard clearing out the dead leaves and pulling up garlic mustard. I know I am going to get poison ivy. Ugh. The vines were awful, all mixed in the flowers. I couldn't pull them last year, there were so many vines. I pulled a lot of them up as carefully as I could, hoping that the oil wouldn't be as plentiful or potent at this point. Talk to me in a few days when I am covered in blisters LOL I didn't see any cool bug friends aside from a few small decomposers. I did see a bumble bee. Oh!! I got a couple of pics of a bird hanging out in my rhododendron.
View attachment 416599

It's awful to say, but I seriously hope that no birds or bunnies have nests in my yard this year. Too much heartache when Mother Nature does her thing and we can't save them.

Today is my first day of field trip training at work. Today is a short session and Sunday will be a 4-hour one. I'm excited to find out what I will be doing. I know I'm working on stream ecology but can't wait to learn more of the details.

Is that a brown bird? Female cowbird? Thrasher? Did you get a good look at it?
Our sunshine is gone and the rain arrived today! Not too heavy so far.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
I'm listening to a robin singing its head off, it is on a branch next to my window. ♥

@BrightEyes What a stressful and chaotic few days for you and your family. Big hugs to you all. What a relief that some of Dee's things were salvageable. Will insurance cover the rest of it? Most of it?
Yup, moms worry about their chicks so I know you were glad to hear that Jim made it back to Vegas safely.
Have fun with the girls today and with your SIL tonight :)

@vickyday Oh no! Sun poisoning must be awful. Do you have an aloe plant in the house to soothe your skin? I hope that the dr appt went well and that you aren't in any pain.

@JeanneMN Hugs to you~~~~~ So sorry that you and DS had it out. We are always here when you need a hug or a shoulder. xo

@scrap-genie I saw your photos in the Eclipse thread- wow!! They were really awesome!

@zanthia my DH was watching it on TV too!

@Cherylndesigns Poor Daisy, on top of being a Velco dog lately, the eclipse/darkness was so unnecessary. Poor girl doesn't want to leave your side.

@FloridaGranny It is cool witnessing a historic event, right? My neighbor across the street had a baby on Friday (it's a girl!) which was when NJ had an earthquake. She came home yesterday right before the eclipse. Talk about a historic birth story :)

@mywisecrafts So sorry about the mandatory OT. My DD is dealing with it too. It is registration week at the college and all of the students she had been trying to meet with *before* registration are now freaking out that they can't register because they have holds on their accounts. She hates this time of the semester. :/
Great news that your brother moved closer to you!

Love to you all!
I really don't have any pain to speak of. I was a bit nauseous when I first got up today but that could've been from the steroid shot yesterday. All of the fluid in my cheeks moved back up to my eyes last night, so I only had slits to see through this morning, but no pain. The sunburn is beginning to itch a bit today. Mark is going to stop at the drug store for some aloe cream after work today. I have been using cold compresses on my eyes this morning and that is helping to move the fluid around (back down into my cheeks).

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Woke up with only slits to see out of this morning as the fluid from my cheeks must've moved back around my eyes through the night. I was supposed to take Ilene and Ruth to the widows' meeting today, but had to renege . I hate for them to miss those meetings as it is really uplifting for them to be with other widows. I sure hope this new mess with me goes away by time for our trip to PA next Tuesday!

Since it is rainy and dark outside and I'm "under the weather" it will be a pajama day for me.

Hope y'all are doing well and have a great day!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all.

Well, Daisy is acting normal today, as "normal" as a velcro dog acts. :giggle4: Yesterday was a rough one for her. Chris @faerywingsyou'll love this - Ava and Aly put a bunch of water out on Ava's deck and left it there during the whole eclipse. It's supposed to give us energy. More folklore about the natural phenomena. They said it was a "hippie thing". It's supposed to suck up the energy from the sun and the moon. I'll let you know if it energizes me. :girldance::girldance:

Glad you got to work outside yesterday. Yard therapy is always a good thing. It was supposed to thunderstorm during the night but I only heard slight rumblings of thunder. I hate thunderstorms in the middle of the night. I think Adrienne and I are going to the nursery later on today. We stopped by there Saturday and found some things we want, but need to take Roger's truck back. Her car isn't very big and they make such a mess. I guess I'm going to have to replace my vines that grew over the arch. They haven't shown any signs of life - we're right on the ragged edge of being in the zone where they would be perennials. I guess that ragged edge makes them annuals. Ugh. I was hoping for the best, but they're not coming back. I found two plants that are really long already and they're the same kind, so I'm just going to replace them. I decided to put a pot of flowers right by my front door this year and I already have the big pot. So, I need to go back and get what I want to do that. The nursery is just stocking and they had a lot of everything. No ferns yet, but I usually get mine at Lowe's. It's a tad early for them anyway.

Wow, Vicky, I hate to hear that you aren't any better. Slits for eyes, sounds painful and that probably does mean that it's moving around. Aloe should help. I keep pure aloe in my fridge ALL the time. It's very healing. I used to always grow it in my house and whwnever anybody cut themselves, I'd break the tip off one of my plants and smear the pulp on the wound. It's great stuff.

Kay @BrightEyes busy times for you and aren't those rain shower heads the best? It does feel like you're at a spa or under a natural waterfall. I love them. Enjoy your much needed time with the gals today. You always enjoy those get togethers so much.

Well, I need to get off of here and get myself prepared for whatever time Adrienne can break away from work. It's usually last minute, so I want to be ready.

Hugs to all and to everybody who stopped by yesterday and to @FloridaGranny who stopped by today.
XOXO

EvelynD2

CHEERY O

View attachment 416599

Oh. Chris! Your job sounds so interesting!

EvelynD2

CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Woke up with only slits to see out of this morning as the fluid from my cheeks must've moved back around my eyes through the night. I was supposed to take Ilene and Ruth to the widows' meeting today, but had to renege . I hate for them to miss those meetings as it is really uplifting for them to be with other widows. I sure hope this new mess with me goes away by time for our trip to PA next Tuesday!

Since it is rainy and dark outside and I'm "under the weather" it will be a pajama day for me.

Hope y'all are doing well and have a great day!
Oh, Vicky! I'm sorry to hear what you are going through! I will be praying you feel better soon!