Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Tuesday, April 16

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
hello hello helllooOO!

It's another sunny day here and it's starting to look a little more green out of my window. When I was cleaning out another section of my garden, I noticed my lilies of the valley were coming up. My ballloon flowers are peeking up a teeny in the sunnier area. It's so exciting! Love love love seeing things growing.

I spent a couple of hours in the attic and got two bags of garbage and one bag of clothes out of there. Not that you can tell. It's going to be a long process. It's not even all that much of my stuff, Gary is the hoarder. To be fair, it comes in handy when my keyboard dies and he has several up there as replacements. After I did all I could in the attic, I went out in the yard and cleared leaves. I have what I think is mullein taking over where I have wildflowers (and dead pets. RIP to all the rats). They aren't hard to pull out but there's a ton of them. And the hairy bittercress- have to get that stuff out before it goes to seed. Those are the ones that hit you in the face and eyes once they seed. Nasty buggers. LOL

I am puttering about here today. I *need* to be outside so hopefully I can do my inside stuff and get that out of the way quickly.

Wishing everyone a fab day!
:sunnyeyes:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@DesignsByCRK I wish I had fun stuff in my attic. It's been the dumping ground for everyone's junk for years. When we were kids, my cousins and I *loved* going up into my grandparents' attic. Always unusual "treasures" up there.

@BrightEyes That's too bad that SIL#2 isn't able to work. I hope that he gets back on his feet quickly. That's good to hear that DD#2 works from home and can be there if he needs her.

@vickyday The Sante Fe Spring rolls sound really good!
Have a wonderful time on your trip! Safe travels♥

@Shauilee-Bobis i hope you stay dry, be safe with the rain! I'd be really happy to work from home too

@JeanneMN "innie-outie" Are you a belly button that can't make up its mind? Bwuhahah!
I give you so much credit for getting up and working out at 4 am. And to do it *before* coffee? I don't even like to talk before coffee. I bow before you! :bowdown:
I like your definition of uff dah I might need to borrow that phrase on occasion.:D

@AK_Tracy :rotfl: I have had many mornings when not yelling at the sleeping family was my biggest accomplishment of the day too
*high 5*

kay- I have noticed that this site is taking a little longer to load too.
Good news about the BP readings!

@Cherylndesigns Poor Roger, I didn't even think about how difficult and strange it must be for him without Chuck. I guess it's all on him to keep an eye on the "magpies" :giggle4:
That's adorable that Kinleigh was at a dance party, what a cutie pie! I remember what a fun time she and Ava had together, it will be nice to have her back again.

Tracy, are you a school teacher or homeschool? What kind of curriculum are you planning?
36* must feel balmy at this time of year :)

xoxox

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Ahhhhh..hhhh. :coffeedrinker:

Not sure why I woke up before 6AM... but I am up and moving around... slowly!!! Crawling around under the desk yesterday afternoon to move stuff out so the installers can get to the wall behind the desk left my back and knees sore this AM. It is a good thing that the desk is a corner one that has an corner angle so there is about 3' clear open space behind it on each side from the corner. That will allow the installers to get to the side wall it shares with the garage to bring the new Xfinity cable in. Of course they will have to crawl under the part of the desk to get to the wall! :lol23: But that is better than having to move the desk!!! I did get the 2 laptops set up on the dining room table with a long surge protector cable and made sure the mouses were next to the correct laptop. And they will have to make sure the stream service on the family room is working right. It was much easier when we had the other cable installation done as the house was empty (it was brand new and we had not moved in yet).

Glad to see that OS is back to normal and loading like usual this morning. dance4

@faerywings Wow... you were busy yesterday. Glad you got some 'yard' time in addition to clearing out some of the attic stuff. I hear you about getting excited to see new spring plants coming up. The bush by the patio has leaves staring to bloom and the neighbors' trees are all blooming now. Spring is definitely here.

@Shauilee-Bobis My hubby and I overnighted in Dubai twice... on our way to and from Australia back to Cairo (when we lived there). DH bought me a beautiful silk sari there. I made it into a fabulous ball gown. BTW, my daughter-in-law is from Manilla. DSon#2 and DiL just came back to the US from a 6 month stay there last month. Yes, it really does rain in the PI!!!

@Cherylndesigns Love where you are going to put the bench and totem! I had to LOL over you finding out about invasive plants after you put in the large grasses! A couple of years ago, I had 2 Spanish Elms moved from pots in the front yard to the back yard... then found out the next year how invasive they were. So had them taken out!!! Yes, I bet Roger is missing Chuck, too. Now it is up to Roger to ride herd on you gals!!! His work is cut out for him!!! :rotfl:

Need to get a couple of loads of laundry done this morning. Our electric company is urging us to not do them during "peak hours" (5 - 9 PM) in summer. Better get used to it before summer and AC use is needed. Which reminds me - I need to change the drip system to water twice a week now that it is getting warmer. HAGD

JeanneMN

@faerywings I give you so much credit for getting up and working out at 4 am. And to do it *before* coffee? I don't even like to talk before coffee. I bow before you! :bowdown:
@faerywings goofysmile1stand up straight before you get a crick in your back. OMG, I DO NOT wait till I'm done to have coffee, that's the first thing I make after swallowing a fist full of meds. I drink the coffee on the drive there, it takes about 20 minutes to get there so I caffeinate myself on the way there, and the gym serves coffee until 8 am. so I have a cup for the drive home. I like the people that are there early, they are there to work out and go to work and aren't as pretentious as some who come later. Seriously the day I fix my hair and put on makeup to go to the gym is the day you'll know I lost my mind. That first cup yesterday was a relaxing cup, all come out of the same cup, just a slightly different bouquet. I did some special pics in Florida for my cousin, I'll let you know when I scrap them.

@vickyday have a safe trip to PA and have fun, I'm sure the Lord saw a sweet loving woman and a man who's life would have more joy and less loneliness with her

@BrightEyes I still don't quite have all your numbers sorted out, but I hope sil#3 makes a full recovery, it must relieve some of DD#2's stress to be there working rather than the office where should be constantly worrying

@AK_Tracy our weather and yours are certainly 'distantly' related. We had 70 & 80 over the weekend and will be 40 degrees colder this week.

Today is gray, cloudy, and supposed to be 40mph gusts of wind later along with rain. Hubs mowed the lawn for the first time yesterday, it's a guy thing I think to be the first one out with the mower. I'm not sure it needed it, but if the blades of grass aren't all the same level it bugs his Type A perfectionist brain. This June is my50-year college reunion. One of my friends got in touch with me a couple of weeks ago and she and another friend wanted to get together before the reunion. I didn't realize it, but we live within about 75-80 miles of each other. We're going to meet halfway for lunch today. It's very strange for me thinking about people I haven't seen in 50 years; I hope it is one of those where we slip right back into our old rhythm and I don't slip over the edge into stupid like I sometimes do when I'm nervous.

dgd has a track meet tonight, next town over from us. Of course it's going to be crazy windy and cold, I love spring sports in MN :upsidedownbanana:It'll be a pile on more layers and bring the quilt along kind of meet. Track meets go on forever and of course her events are at the beginning and very end. The girl has legs up to her ear lobes and seems to really be enjoying it. She was diagnosed as a Type 1 diabetic a year ago, very scary time for all of us and serious adjustment for a 12 year old. She has an insulin pump now and seems to be doing well. She puts the energizer bunny to shame and talks just as fast.

Finished my organizing of my O treasures this morning and am loving a new less cluttered database. My collection is still limited but I love how the designers I've used so far really name their files with descriptive names and colors.

I better hit the shower and have a cup of decaf :bouncing::bouncing:so i'm not in a caffeine tizzy when I meet my friends. Sometimes my wardrobe choices get the crabby look, I have a great pic from Florida that I'm going to scrap, that perfectly illustrates that. Uff dah yah you betcha by golly

Have a great day y'all

AK_Tracy

@AK_Tracy :rotfl: I have had many mornings when not yelling at the sleeping family was my biggest accomplishment of the day too
*high 5*

Tracy, are you a school teacher or homeschool? What kind of curriculum are you planning?
36* must feel balmy at this time of year :)
I am a homeschooler. Just finishing my 21 year. I have a large age gap in children so yeah, been at this a long time. Have used many different curriculums and courses. Masterbooks is my favorite right now for Science and History. Reading has been all over the place depending on the kid and interests.

I have successfully not yelled at anyone and been awake for 60 minutes now :giggle4: Kids are still sleeping so that helps and DH knows not to talk till at least one cup :coffeedrinker::coffee1:. Most days ya gotta wait until second cup is done. Ahhh all is good now. I have 30 more minutes blessed silence then the dogs will be demanding breakfast.

Yesterday was beautiful and my laundry smelled amazing. First time this year it dried 100% outside. I didn't have to thaw it before finishing in the dryer. dance3 Felt so good not to run the dryer other than to fluff the towels. Why do towels have to dry so hard and scratchy??

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning, all.

Cloudy and grey here - but 70 degrees. Darn! I just looked at the ten day forecast and it's still going down into the forties and low fifties at night. :banghead:

Chris @faerywings and Kay @BrightEyes yes, Roger has his hands full with all of us "magpies". I know he misses Chuck - they were good friends and now I know why they went to breakfast alone every Sunday morning until Chuck started feeling so bad. They could actually "talk". Hahaha. We always called it their "church chats". You know, we've picked up another woman - our friend Aly has become part of the family, so our numbers are growing. I looked at Roger Sunday when we were all going into Nancy's. He's the consummate gentleman like Chuck was and was standing at the bottom of the ramp until we all got to the top, somehow managed to get to the door to open it for all of us. I looked at him and said, "It's a dirty job but somebody has to do it". He started laughing and I know he was thinking of Chuck. Chuck used to look at Roger and say, "Just say yes".

Ava's trying to decide when she can go pick up Kinleigh. It will probably be in about June, but she was here last July and the weather was great. That child did not want to get out of the pool. She absolutely loved it. I'm sure she'll be a lot more fun this year, but we had a blast with her last year. I should try to put that video of her dancing on FB. It's too cute. She's really "getting down". I never have any luck putting them on here unless I upload them to YouTube.

Kay @BrightEyes how wonderful that's going to be to have your new internet. Just be careful crawling around under your desk - remember what happened to me. I have nightmares of that whenever I have to get under mine now. I'm glad you like where the bench will go. I'm just so anxious now that I can't stand it. Chris @faerywings do you have a lot of Mullein? We have it growing all over the property and I heard that it's getting harder and harder to find. It's good for lung problems and I heard that the reason is now peope are using it to roll "dubes". IYKWIM. I guess the Mullein (being good for your lungs) mellows out "the other".

@JeanneMN my GD has a soccer game tonight and I'll have "bleacher butt wrinkles" now. It's not cold here, thank goodness.

Gotta run - need more tea. Hugs to all and HAGD.
XOXO

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. It's been a stressful hectic 24 hours around here. Remi had some salmon skin which was salted and developed salt toxicity. She started getting sick yesterday in late morning and by early afternoon I knew she had to go to the emergency vet hospital. Luckily there was no heart or organ damage and she is on a special diet to help with the electrolyte imbalance and pro and prebiotics to help her gut. She is a happy girl now with a diet of canned food, brown rice and boiled chicken for a week. She has been a bit quiet b/c the vet said she was probably in a fair amount of pain and is exhausted now, but is recovering so all should be ok.

We got 4" of snow last night which is crazy b/c yesterday I was out without a jacket and short sleeved shirt. The weather changes so quickly here. We are back to hovering around freezing for the next 4 days or so and then it'll warm up again to the 60's.

I'm heading out to go play mexican train dominos with some friends in a bit but wanted to pop in and say good morning before I head out. I've been busy every day lately, not around as much. Hope everyone is doing ok. BFN

DesignsByCRK

Designer
Morning everyone :D , it's 7.30 am here and I finally crawled out of bed to make my first coffee for the day. It's going to be a beautiful sunny day here, not too hot - a lovely 29 degrees (celcius) by the end of the week it'll be 25 which will be heaven!

I have to do the floors today - seriously thinking of hiring a cleaner so I can sit back and watch somebody else do the floors for once - wood floors throughout means lots of vacuuming and mopping 2-3 times a week, and as much as I love the wood floors, I'm over the cleaning.

Then it's just designing for ColorPlay and getting that finished asap. Hope you all have/had a great day :D

DesignsByCRK

Designer
I'm asthmatic, so carpet is a real issue for me. I thought wood floors would be perfect - I didn't realise that they needed mopping almost every day :rolleyes: I have a conundrum in that I love a clean, spotless house, but I'm also lazy and hate that it doesn't clean itself :giggle4: no matter how many dirty looks I throw at it.

If somebody could invent a self cleaning house - I'll throw all the money at you :D

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Just as a heads-up... I will be off-line most of tomorrow white the Xfinity install is being done. Be back after it is finished and working properly.

AK_Tracy

I'm asthmatic, so carpet is a real issue for me. I thought wood floors would be perfect - I didn't realise that they needed mopping almost every day :rolleyes: I have a conundrum in that I love a clean, spotless house, but I'm also lazy and hate that it doesn't clean itself :giggle4: no matter how many dirty looks I throw at it.

If somebody could invent a self cleaning house - I'll throw all the money at you :D
Or a dryer that folded and put away clothes! even if it just folded the clothes.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. Ahhhhh..hhhh. :coffeedrinker:

Not sure why I woke up before 6AM... but I am up and moving around... slowly!!! Crawling around under the desk yesterday afternoon to move stuff out so the installers can get to the wall behind the desk left my back and knees sore this AM. It is a good thing that the desk is a corner one that has an corner angle so there is about 3' clear open space behind it on each side from the corner. That will allow the installers to get to the side wall it shares with the garage to bring the new Xfinity cable in. Of course they will have to crawl under the part of the desk to get to the wall! :lol23: But that is better than having to move the desk!!! I did get the 2 laptops set up on the dining room table with a long surge protector cable and made sure the mouses were next to the correct laptop. And they will have to make sure the stream service on the family room is working right. It was much easier when we had the other cable installation done as the house was empty (it was brand new and we had not moved in yet).

Glad to see that OS is back to normal and loading like usual this morning. dance4

@faerywings Wow... you were busy yesterday. Glad you got some 'yard' time in addition to clearing out some of the attic stuff. I hear you about getting excited to see new spring plants coming up. The bush by the patio has leaves staring to bloom and the neighbors' trees are all blooming now. Spring is definitely here.

@Shauilee-Bobis My hubby and I overnighted in Dubai twice... on our way to and from Australia back to Cairo (when we lived there). DH bought me a beautiful silk sari there. I made it into a fabulous ball gown. BTW, my daughter-in-law is from Manilla. DSon#2 and DiL just came back to the US from a 6 month stay there last month. Yes, it really does rain in the PI!!!

@Cherylndesigns Love where you are going to put the bench and totem! I had to LOL over you finding out about invasive plants after you put in the large grasses! A couple of years ago, I had 2 Spanish Elms moved from pots in the front yard to the back yard... then found out the next year how invasive they were. So had them taken out!!! Yes, I bet Roger is missing Chuck, too. Now it is up to Roger to ride herd on you gals!!! His work is cut out for him!!! :rotfl:

Need to get a couple of loads of laundry done this morning. Our electric company is urging us to not do them during "peak hours" (5 - 9 PM) in summer. Better get used to it before summer and AC use is needed. Which reminds me - I need to change the drip system to water twice a week now that it is getting warmer. HAGD
What do you mean by "drip system" Kay?

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@faerywings goofysmile1stand up straight before you get a crick in your back. OMG, I DO NOT wait till I'm done to have coffee, that's the first thing I make after swallowing a fist full of meds. I drink the coffee on the drive there, it takes about 20 minutes to get there so I caffeinate myself on the way there, and the gym serves coffee until 8 am. so I have a cup for the drive home. I like the people that are there early, they are there to work out and go to work and aren't as pretentious as some who come later. Seriously the day I fix my hair and put on makeup to go to the gym is the day you'll know I lost my mind. That first cup yesterday was a relaxing cup, all come out of the same cup, just a slightly different bouquet. I did some special pics in Florida for my cousin, I'll let you know when I scrap them.

@vickyday have a safe trip to PA and have fun, I'm sure the Lord saw a sweet loving woman and a man who's life would have more joy and less loneliness with her

@BrightEyes I still don't quite have all your numbers sorted out, but I hope sil#3 makes a full recovery, it must relieve some of DD#2's stress to be there working rather than the office where should be constantly worrying

@AK_Tracy our weather and yours are certainly 'distantly' related. We had 70 & 80 over the weekend and will be 40 degrees colder this week.

Today is gray, cloudy, and supposed to be 40mph gusts of wind later along with rain. Hubs mowed the lawn for the first time yesterday, it's a guy thing I think to be the first one out with the mower. I'm not sure it needed it, but if the blades of grass aren't all the same level it bugs his Type A perfectionist brain. This June is my50-year college reunion. One of my friends got in touch with me a couple of weeks ago and she and another friend wanted to get together before the reunion. I didn't realize it, but we live within about 75-80 miles of each other. We're going to meet halfway for lunch today. It's very strange for me thinking about people I haven't seen in 50 years; I hope it is one of those where we slip right back into our old rhythm and I don't slip over the edge into stupid like I sometimes do when I'm nervous.

dgd has a track meet tonight, next town over from us. Of course it's going to be crazy windy and cold, I love spring sports in MN :upsidedownbanana:It'll be a pile on more layers and bring the quilt along kind of meet. Track meets go on forever and of course her events are at the beginning and very end. The girl has legs up to her ear lobes and seems to really be enjoying it. She was diagnosed as a Type 1 diabetic a year ago, very scary time for all of us and serious adjustment for a 12 year old. She has an insulin pump now and seems to be doing well. She puts the energizer bunny to shame and talks just as fast.

Finished my organizing of my O treasures this morning and am loving a new less cluttered database. My collection is still limited but I love how the designers I've used so far really name their files with descriptive names and colors.

I better hit the shower and have a cup of decaf :bouncing::bouncing:so i'm not in a caffeine tizzy when I meet my friends. Sometimes my wardrobe choices get the crabby look, I have a great pic from Florida that I'm going to scrap, that perfectly illustrates that. Uff dah yah you betcha by golly

Have a great day y'all
That was such a sweet thing for you to say, Jeanne! And, thanks! Had a great trip!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O

Put me on that same sign-up list for a self-cleaning house!!!