Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Thursday, November 19

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
gooooOd morning, my O-Fam! How are all of you guys today?

Guess what, guess what?????
:dance:

I finished my IL's album yesterday!!! 20 pages in less than 3 weeks! I was a scrapping machine. :ranger: Everything is uploaded to Shutterfly, now I have to play around with getting the pages to look nice next to each other, preview it so that nothing gets cut off from the edges, and order it. Whew!!!! I also have a couple of free metal ornament coupons that I think I am going to order for my mom/brother maybe? I have to see what good pictures I have. I also need a Jaida ornament for my tree... I could order one for her :)

Gary ended up throwing up a lot yesterday too, so I went food shopping on my own. Probably just as well, because I was feeling "off" so once less distraction was better. ha!!! And I am still sick - this cough will not go away at all which is probably a big reason that I am "off" and cranky.

But no matter- today I have to get working on more F-W's stuff. I hope everyone stays out of the kitchen and out of my way. I am a woman on a mission.

What good plans do you have for today?

Make it a great one!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Katja- the last few years, I have become a Christmas Scrooge! I grumble about gifts and shopping. Is it just me, or does it get harder every year to shop? Everyone does have everything they need, pretty much (not my kids- but thank goodness for g-parents!), and what they don't, is way out of my price range. I do a lot of handmade things, but that gets stressful and time consuming.
Thank goodness for Amazon!!

Laurie, that sounds great! Especially about the sick time, I remember how the kids kept getting you sick at your last job and stressed about sick days there. Fingers crossed for you!

Nancy- mmm mmm- penne and vodka! Gary's makes it really yummy too. Good for you for doing so much, but don't push yourself so you get sick again. Stay dry today!
I haven't seen too many deer up here, but I have been hearing that people are seeing bears again. They have couple of more weeks before they get all denned in.

Trudy- so happy to hear that the wind didn't do too much damage.
Good for you for using the power outage to fix the tree skirt, that sounds so odd about your MIL-- more like what I would do- cut different sizes of fabric and slap it altogether. But everyone knows that I don;'t sew for that one reason. lol!
Great news about the mammo!
Were you able to get some more pages done on your calendars? Scrap for *fun*?? What's that?? hahah!!!

Rae- the binder sounds like a fantastic gift idea. Were you able to find somewhere to get it done?

Kat- Did you leave at 5pm? You'd better have! Hope today is calmer at work for you and that you can get online to visit us here. (Priorities, ya know!! :becky: )

Claire- want to trade Christmas shopping lists?? i think I must have 20+ people on my list. :faint2: Thankfully, I am blessed that the people on my lists are all ones that I adore and know my situation so everything is appreciated by them. That helps. But still, the list is daunting!

Cath- I hear ya-- no patience here for that kind of stuff either! Hope today is faster for you :)

hugs!

Aussiekat

Dang! You're up early, Chris! I left at 5:23 pm ... and then it took 1:45 to get home :-x One benefit to staying later means a commute of an hour; leave early and I get stuck in rush-hour traffic! *sigh* Of course, I've been back in the office since 6:30 this morning ... glutton for punishment, I guess - good thing I really like my job! LOL

Soooooo ... started reading what I missed the past day or two ... and then our internet was playing up and I couldn't get back into the forums!!

Here I am, working, Christmas music going ... okay, so eating breakfast and in the forums ... and THEN working ;) I haven't even started on holiday gifts or anything yet, which is SO not like me! I'm usually done by now (since I ship things to Australia). Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Maybe some online shopping will be in my future at lunch today.

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Good morning O-fam. It is still warm out and sun is peeking out. What is up for today Chris asks- umm more outside time- think I will set a goal to clean up all the hostas. This place is like a park. I should count the trees and bushes some time. Every time the wind blows I get more fodder for my fire pit! I am also paying bills, cleaning up my toys in the basement as well as the desk area. Oh and lets throw in cooking too! Hubby is gone for the day and will not be home until after 7pm. I have received confirmation that next week I will job shadow! One step closer.

DoggiNo

Kat, what a coïncidence ! I was just on Spotify looking for some Christmas music too !

I've seen lights and trees popping up here and there; that must have gotten me in the mood and I feel a panic attack coming on (cleaning, presents, decorating, putting together a menu, shopping, cooking, etc etc. OMG !)

Aussiekat

Laurie - one step closer, indeed! Sounds like you got this!! :)

Katja - strangely, I'm not even in panic mode about the holidays. I'm more like ... meh. :neutral:

nancyr

I had most of this post done when my sister called and we talked for 90 min and then my best girlfriend from work who now lives in South Carolina called. It was so great to talk to them both as we laughed. After all the sadness it was good to connect with far away friends. good morning - yesterday was a very productive day. I got in a good walk as today it is to rain but it is not raining yet. For Christmas I love creating calendars. So this year my first set is done and ordered. I have Devils friends so just took my favorite pages and used those as the topper for the calendar. I showed it to my son and he said it was good so glad that is done. Then I started the second set which required scrapping 3 pages first so that was good. Watched lots of hockey while doing so. Today I am going out to lunch with my girlfriend and then to visit another girlfriend and attend a meeting on social security. However if the rain it too bad I won't be driving.

Chris congrats on finishing the album! That is awesome! So sorry Gary is feeling so bad. I hope you all get well soon.

Kat I feel for all who commute. My son has an hour each way. And driving in NJ is never stress free. He like you really likes his job so that makes it worth it.

Rae that binder sounds so cool. I could have used a planner in my younger days.

Laurie glad that there is progress in the hiring!

Kat I am waiting until after Thanksgiving before I begin the countdown to Christmas and I am like you what gets done will be what gets done.

Katja I love Spotify but now I use Apple music to find all my songs. So fun.

Trudy wow that must have been some storm to cause a long loss of power. Funny that you had a project already to go in case of power loss. My girlfriend just went through a very scary time when her mother (80) got lost on the way home from grocery shopping and ended up driving into NY state. She has dementia. It is hard to know when is the right time to start really paying attention to these things that seem so out of character. I hope your MIL is ok. Love how the ruffled tree skirt turned out!

Have a great day all!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... Sunny cold and crisp this morning a lovely day!! Frost on the rooftops and it looks like there is a bit of snow on the mountain tops. Well I worked all afternoon on the tree skirt and got it all finished

I now have to get a large parcel ready to mail and not looking forward to hearing what the price will be for the postage :fear: The rest of my Christmas parcels will be sent online with the shipping free from the online store. Thank goodness the Calendars for my niece and nephew will be sent with their Mom and Dad packed away in their suitcases!

Chris - Hooray for getting the album all finished! I bet its is a good feeling!! Too bad that you are all still not feeling well. My sister had this cold/flu and 2 weeks later is still not feeling 100% hope your cold clears up soon!! I am becoming a Scrooge about Christmas too! I think that it is because the shopping becomes more difficult as we all get older and if the kids need something now then they just buy it for themselves. I love to shop for the grands though, just wish I was with there with them when they open their gifts!!

Kat - Wow that is a long day you put in at work!! Hope it was productive for you and how nice that you can be here while eating your breakfast at work LOL!! I am trying not to panic about Christmas and kinda feel the same way about the shopping... meh :eek:hwell:

Laurie - Hope you get your garden cleaned up, I have to wait until it drys up a bit before attempting to clean up the mess from the storm, so that could be months from now :becky: Sounds like you are in for sure with this new job!! Yay!!

Katja - Yes its crazy how early people get the lights up around here too!! Not us we try to wait until into December before it feels like Christmas. Don't panic, you will be ready, baby steps!! LOL

Nancy - Wow you were a real talker this morning!! How nice to spend so much time catching up with your sister and your friend! What a sad story about your girlfriends mom!! I don't think that MIL is in the dementia stage just yet, her personality has certainly changed over the past few years but she is pretty sound in her mind, sometimes I think she wants everyone to think of her as that weird old lady :becky:

Hope to get my calendars back today and wrapped in Christmas wrapping ready to send to Auzzieland. Have a great day everyone!! :wave:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. The sun is shining and no big winds today...yay! I have lots to clean up in the yard from the wind breaking off branches and all the leaves scattered around so will need to clean up the yard this wkend. I'll be in my office most of the day working, scrapping a bit, paying bills and editing. Busy work but I don't mind it all (except for the bills).

Chris....WTG on being a scrapping machine!
Kat...I've not started the Xmas music in my office yet...but soon.
Trudy...that skirt is amazing! You are so talented!
Laurie...sounds good about the job shadowing.
Katja....me too, I've seen a few homes with their lights up. We'll wait another til Dec 1st. That's when I get my Xmas mugs out and get the lights on outside.
Nancy...sounds like you're pretty organized with getting the calendars done. Have fun with your friends today!

I bought my first Xmas gift last night. I got a heidi swapp PL binder, got some plastic photo insert pages, got the art supplies in a case that was on sale at Michaels and an adult coloring book. I'm going to be sneaky and give my GD the art supplies and the coloring book so she will be really surprised at the end to get the inspirational planner which is what the art supplies really are for. She deals with a lot of emotional/addiction problems so I think this book will comfort her, give her somewhere to write her thoughts down, play by coloring, doodling and drawing, and I am going to decorate some pages with digi stuff for her to color and will put in some inspirational quotes. I'm really excited about this gift for her. I got one binder for me too (it was a BOGO). I am going to put page ideas/quotes/journal ideas, etc in mine.

Aussiekat

*** random thought ***

Happy tummy.
Lunch.
Toasted pumpernickel bagel with spinach and cheese (heated up ... all melty ... )

*** end random thought ***

heathert

She Who Never Sleeps
Kat, first breakfast, now lunch... *lol*

TRUDY! That is beautiful!!!!

We only have a little fake tree, as we have no room on our property to plant any (not that I'd need to--we're only steps away from a national forest). So I hoist it up on a card table. It's very easy to deal with a fake tree skirt--you just lift out the stem! *lol*

This year, however, since we're driving across the country, no Christmas prep! It would be silly to have a bunch of extra hazards around the house while we're not there, and the house/pet sitters don't need to have to worry about it, too. Whee! =)