Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Thursday, May 9

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Just another blissful day on Heaven on Earth. ;)

Hi ladies and how are all of you today? Busy here. (Did I ever tell you all how I hate the month of May? *wink*)I spent the entire day (after 2 hours of food shopping) cleaning my house to get ready for the May Bash here on Saturday. It would be so nice to be able to afford to have someone come in and clean.
Oh. Right. That would be me!!! :pound:

Working and babysitting are on my list for today. And I need to start cooking for the party. Just some easy stuff like boiling the eggs for deviled eggs but since I won't be home at all tomorrow, I have to do what I can today.

Tomorrow is the Lyme Protest and I got some "bumming" news. Scott will not be speaking. Theyhave so many doctors and practicioners, and only a few hours of time, I guess thatthey just ran out of space. I feel bad b/c Scott has such an important story to share and has such a wonderful way of reaching out and connecting to people.
But-- we will still be there, and as we meet other Lymies, we can connect in that way. And it is always good for people (IDSA/CDC , that means you!!) to see the faces of those who suffer from this disease that they say does not exist. (bah humbug to them!! I hate when they say that Lyme can't be passed congenitally- I have proof-- twice!!!)

Anyway. That is my deal here. Like I say, same old same old. LOL

Temptation on Thursday:
If I say that i want to run away, will you all groan and say "not again!!!" ha!!!!!
How about if I say I want to buy a ticket to that concert next weekend and go with Cait? I wish I could goooooooo!!!!!!!
(She actually said that her friends siad I could go with them,. how cute is that????)

make today a great one!!!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kristy-- oh yuck to having to wake up at 4.30! I get up at 5 and that is bad enough!!!
And OMG!!! I am *never* going to be able to keep increasing the Abs challenge counts. Do you think you'll be able to them all? Those Russian Twists are getting harder to do than the planks! I wonder if I should just stick to doing as many as I can? Then I feel like I have failed. what to do?!

Angela-- I made a chicken and leek pot pie and he made some veggies and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (So there!) and tonight he is in charge of cooking a veget. dinner for all of us. I think this is the only way it is going to work. We'll see!
When Cait broke her finger 2 years ago, she had an enormous cast over her whole hand and it took her a week or so to really feel like she was using her hand properly again. I would imagine that having leg casts like Wes had would be even harder to get used to having off. Is he bothered by it? Hope that they give him great news on Monday!

Laurie- those bags sound soooo cool!!! Good for you for taking a day off from your work out-- but I bet the bike riding will be your work out too!

Phyllis- Yup- I have to learn to step back and let him take over. So he is going to have to cook 1-2 nights a week and then deal with what i cook on the rest.
Good warning about the gov't. We had issues al over the state with our education budgets not passing. Now as long as they are under a 2% cap, they automatically pass. And the voters have no say how the budget is done. ugh!! That is just one example off of th etop of my head, and Iknow there are plenty more. :mad:

Linda S-- keep the faith and stay on top of it! I know you will.)

Trudy-- you dinner sounds so nice. So sad that the girls haven't found anything new yet. Did you give us any updates on the bank? I can't remember, no surprise there. I see that you don't care, which I totally understand!!

Nana- the hot dog octopuses sound adorable! Great that you feel asleep so early, bet you needed that!
That Aberecrombie article has me pissed off too. You know how body image is a hot button issue for me.... grrrrr. I hope that this backfires BIG TIME on him. My kids don't shop there either-- not their image, but this just solidifies it for all of us.

Nancy-
Bet that game was good-- 1:30 is late! LOL We got soaked yesterday too-- the rain barrel is full to the top!

Laurie-- oooh I love dolphins, yes they sooth my soul too!
gotta run, Catzilla is here and I am going to lose this post if she hits th eworng key!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Morning- just woke up- finally sleeping in! Today- last full day here before we head back-I need to do laundry - hate to have it all dirty when I get home. Plus will need to pack things up. We are taking two days to drive back. My son has a job prospect- not in his current field, but one he is convinced he wants to do, and will pay him enough to pay his loans. He will go next week and "try it out" to see if it will fit. I think I will have breakfast and then ride my bike to the beach. Oh and up load a layout or two.

whatnext

bleh. feeling crappy today. :puke: lots of trips to the bathroom....

Chris, i'm so sad to hear that Scott won't have the chance to speak at the Lyme meeting. it would likely be more moortant to hear whay HE has to say than some of the other speakers you mentioned. bummer. you should make a video of his speech and keep it in your family archives. and the file would be available to send to any place you think it would help.

Laurie, i do the same thing with laundry when i'm on vacation. i hate coming home to a mountain of laundry. time to go home already? it seems like you just got there!

gonna go get a haircut today. i'm pretty skanky-looking ATM. not that the haircut will totally CURE that, but it's a start. then gotta go shopping for DD birthday dinner ingredients. hopefully i'll be feeling less crampy and lousey as the day progresses.

hope your day turns out great. you deserve it!

meagan43

For once my day is not *so* busy! I am lucky enough to have house keepers coming today (not bragging Chris, maybe some day . . .) and they are coming today. We got them when I was really pregnant with my 3rd and I couldn't bend to pick up the other two kiddos toys all day. I still have to clean, but it is nice to have them do the dusting, bathrooms, etc.
Besides that, I need to get my car smogged and registered and the normally taxi-ing kids around.

Oh - and get the teacher gifts done for teacher appreciate week. Found this idea on Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/pin/24910604161638500/

Laurie - with 4 kids, I am always doing laundry, so I feel your pain

Whatnext - yucky :( hope you feel better

Kiliki

LOL Chris....I dunno...so far so good....tomorrow is 55secs for the planks....and UGH I can barely hang on long enough for 50 LOL...the twists are easy for me but I have been doing those for months now.....and if anything just break it up into sets of whatever...and do it throughout the day :) you do not have to do it all at once....you do not want to strain yourself...that is not good....

my plans for today.....going with the neighbor to a couple of stores....

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... Well a wasted day yesterday!! I did not get a thing done that I wanted to do except book my flight to Ontario. I spent hours on the computer trying to find the right flight and one that I could get with my air miles. Back and forth texting with my DD and then facetiming with her for over an hour!!! I finally decided to book a one way flight on the 24th of May, cutting it pretty close to her due date, but I took cancellation insurance just in case she goes into labour early and I need to reschedule. Hubby is glad that I have a couple more weekends here before I go. There are plants to get in and a Costco run to do also. I still have to get my car rental, but that can wait for a bit. So today is grocery shopping and vacuuming day Oh what Joy :mmph:

Chris - That is so sad that your son can't do his talk at the Lyme Protest!!! But Phylis had a great idea to film what he was going to say so you have it for another time!! She is so smart!! I won't know anything more about the bank job until July and even then I am not sure that I will take it. Kids are all hoping to come home this summer and I really don't want to be working while they are here!! Hope you manage to get some cooking done for your party!! Such a busy Month for you, organization is the key!! Keep up the great work with your exercise routine, you are doing awesome :thumb:

Laurie - Going home already?? I am just the opposite, I would rather enjoy my last day of vacation doing anything but :washing: !! That stuff can wait til you get home!! Get out and have fun on your last day!!!! (just me :noidea:) Have a safe trip home!!

Phylis - Ohhh Yuck!!! Not fair to feel so sick!! Hope you feel better by the time you go to get your hair done! What's on the menu for your DD birthday dinner?? Bet its yummy!! Feel better my friend :hug:

Meagan - Thanks for the to the gift ideas!! I ended up spending a half hour just looking through all of them, I love Pinterest but oh my it really consumes a lot of time!! Hope your day is great!

Kristy - WTG on keeping up on the exercise routine such dedication!! Something that I sorely lack!! Bet your happy to have your hubby home with you again! Have fun shopping today!

Well my tummy is growling, but not much in the way of breakfast food left in the house, so it might just be toast with blackberry jelly today. Hope everyone has a great day :wave:

LaurieW

lOve the O!
So I have ridden to the beach and today besides dolphins and gulls I saw osprey catching fish, stingrays and on my way back turtles and alligators- oh and a heron that posed for me!

LSlycord

Good evening ladies! So glad to be back to normal...at least normal for me! Thanks for all of the congratulations and good wishes! Phylis, you are absolutely right about the government. We are a small town and a small county...near Des Moines. We were a little naive about the damage that could be done...no more. Planning to spend much time at the future city council meetings.

Heading off to a conference for Sydney but will be back with personals before the evening ends.