Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, March 14

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
NJ has another amazing weather day on tap. The sun felt incredible yesterday and I was over-the-moon-happy to be out in the fresh air. I spent almost an hour picking up sticks and branches in the backyard. I have piles of them near the fire pit just in case anyone uses the fire pit this summer. Hopefully, Scott and Caitlyn will have friends over to hang out after work or on days off. Since their friend group is mostly a fully overlapping Venn Diagram, it shouldn't be difficult to get enough people together for everyone to have a nice time.

I was off my game most of the day yesterday. Pulled into a million directions which made it hard to pick up one (any) of the loose threads trailing behind me. Even cleaning for my friend was like that- My friend's DD had the morning off from school but when it came time for my friend to drive her in, she was on a phone call so I offered to take the DD. I hadn't seen her in years and now she is a junior in HS. She was an itty bitty thing when I first met her- just two or three yo and lived in a sparkly tutu. LOL Time flies. sheesh.

Construction was on all day long but the tub and tiles are all done. Today is going to be the flooring and tomorrow the vanity. He thinks he should be all wrapped up by tomorrow night. My dogs will be happier than I will be. They have been locked in the BR while he is working. J is still not allowed to go on the stairs and it's too much of a PITB for him to move the baby gate every time he goes up and down. I took W outside for a potty break in the afternoon on the leash. She went, then walked to the mailbox. Then, she wanted to keep going. We went to the end of the street and back. She would have walked farther but I didn't have my phone and I didn't tell Gary I was leaving so I told her we'd try again another day.

I have to pick up groceries and some Rxs first thing. Then Gary is taking the car to pick up the vanity and medicine cabinet. He should be home before I have to leave for work. It's just a planning day so if I am a few minutes late, it's not the end of the world but I'd rather be on time. My March and April work schedule is starting to fill up which is probably the only thing that is keeping my head from exploding over all of the financial issues we have right now. I had to pay bills before I went to clean yesterday morning-- our Social Security deposit day was "late" this month and I had to make sure my credit card payment was made in time. If I had a late fee on top of everything else.
Me ~> :flyswatter:

Wishing everyone a happy, sunny, and productive day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Thank you, I was glad that my dad was laughing a bit too. My mom said that it was exactly what he needed. They called last night to share a story- they went to their financial planner to check their accounts and all that. My dad recounted to the planner what Caitlyn told him at lunch. She scolded him that first, he crashed her car (The car he totaled was supposed to go to her after he got a new one), then he lost her inheritance. :lol23:
My dad could not stop laughing at that.
The Financial planner has worked with my parents since before she was born so he knows all about the g-kids and thought that was hysterical. It's a blessing that they can find some bits of humor and lightness in this ordeal.
I'm so glad that you got a call back and appt!
Gary takes acidophilous that she sells but you can also get it online/in health food stores. I don't know the name off the top of my head but I'll look in the fridge later. She tells him he needs something high quality because of the combo of being diabetic and abx makes a mess for him. I can get away with the "better" of the grocery store brands.

@BrightEyes Hope your trip to the commissary was successful. The weather is so strange-- I hope that your niece made it into your area without any issues. Have a great visit today!
I finally managed to do a challenge LO yesterday but I am struggling with scrapping mojo. You are on fire!

Vicky-- love that photo! Look at all of the taps! They took the ones at Weis down last week, the sap was running slower and it was just the end of the season. The sap produces different colors and flavors throughout the season and once you get past a certain point, the cooked sap gets sticky and almost a burnt flavor.
That is so scary about Carolyn! Have you heard any recent updates? That poor woman has dealt with awful health issues this past year. I am thinking of her and sending good health vibes :sparkles1:
Woah!!! Congrats on the new camera!!! Have fun with it!

@Cherylndesigns hehe, Daisy probably took advantage of the nice weather, being off-leash, and wanted to fly free a bit! Glad that Drake was about to catch up to her quickly.
Did you get in a walk yesterday too? Hope that the weather held out for you.

Kay- sounds like the pharmacy outage is still mucking things up but at least Tricare has an old-school back up plan. Nothing that the military likes more than paperwork right? LOL!

:grouphugyay:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
NJ has another amazing weather day on tap. The sun felt incredible yesterday and I was over-the-moon-happy to be out in the fresh air. I spent almost an hour picking up sticks and branches in the backyard. I have piles of them near the fire pit just in case anyone uses the fire pit this summer. Hopefully, Scott and Caitlyn will have friends over to hang out after work or on days off. Since their friend group is mostly a fully overlapping Venn Diagram, it shouldn't be difficult to get enough people together for everyone to have a nice time.

I was off my game most of the day yesterday. Pulled into a million directions which made it hard to pick up one (any) of the loose threads trailing behind me. Even cleaning for my friend was like that- My friend's DD had the morning off from school but when it came time for my friend to drive her in, she was on a phone call so I offered to take the DD. I hadn't seen her in years and now she is a junior in HS. She was an itty bitty thing when I first met her- just two or three yo and lived in a sparkly tutu. LOL Time flies. sheesh.

Construction was on all day long but the tub and tiles are all done. Today is going to be the flooring and tomorrow the vanity. He thinks he should be all wrapped up by tomorrow night. My dogs will be happier than I will be. They have been locked in the BR while he is working. J is still not allowed to go on the stairs and it's too much of a PITB for him to move the baby gate every time he goes up and down. I took W outside for a potty break in the afternoon on the leash. She went, then walked to the mailbox. Then, she wanted to keep going. We went to the end of the street and back. She would have walked farther but I didn't have my phone and I didn't tell Gary I was leaving so I told her we'd try again another day.

I have to pick up groceries and some Rxs first thing. Then Gary is taking the car to pick up the vanity and medicine cabinet. He should be home before I have to leave for work. It's just a planning day so if I am a few minutes late, it's not the end of the world but I'd rather be on time. My March and April work schedule is starting to fill up which is probably the only thing that is keeping my head from exploding over all of the financial issues we have right now. I had to pay bills before I went to clean yesterday morning-- our Social Security deposit day was "late" this month and I had to make sure my credit card payment was made in time. If I had a late fee on top of everything else.
Me ~> :flyswatter:

Wishing everyone a happy, sunny, and productive day!
I hope your SS deposit being late isn't a precursor to mine being late next week!
I hate it when I forget/miss the credit card payment, so I always "try" to schedule it to be paid on the due date as soon as the statement is made!
Sounds like things are moving along on the remodel!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Thank you, I was glad that my dad was laughing a bit too. My mom said that it was exactly what he needed. They called last night to share a story- they went to their financial planner to check their accounts and all that. My dad recounted to the planner what Caitlyn told him at lunch. She scolded him that first, he crashed her car (The car he totaled was supposed to go to her after he got a new one), then he lost her inheritance. :lol23:
My dad could not stop laughing at that.
The Financial planner has worked with my parents since before she was born so he knows all about the g-kids and thought that was hysterical. It's a blessing that they can find some bits of humor and lightness in this ordeal.
I'm so glad that you got a call back and appt!
Gary takes acidophilous that she sells but you can also get it online/in health food stores. I don't know the name off the top of my head but I'll look in the fridge later. She tells him he needs something high quality because of the combo of being diabetic and abx makes a mess for him. I can get away with the "better" of the grocery store brands.

@BrightEyes Hope your trip to the commissary was successful. The weather is so strange-- I hope that your niece made it into your area without any issues. Have a great visit today!
I finally managed to do a challenge LO yesterday but I am struggling with scrapping mojo. You are on fire!

Vicky-- love that photo! Look at all of the taps! They took the ones at Weis down last week, the sap was running slower and it was just the end of the season. The sap produces different colors and flavors throughout the season and once you get past a certain point, the cooked sap gets sticky and almost a burnt flavor.
That is so scary about Carolyn! Have you heard any recent updates? That poor woman has dealt with awful health issues this past year. I am thinking of her and sending good health vibes :sparkles1:
Woah!!! Congrats on the new camera!!! Have fun with it!

@Cherylndesigns hehe, Daisy probably took advantage of the nice weather, being off-leash, and wanted to fly free a bit! Glad that Drake was about to catch up to her quickly.
Did you get in a walk yesterday too? Hope that the weather held out for you.

Kay- sounds like the pharmacy outage is still mucking things up but at least Tricare has an old-school back up plan. Nothing that the military likes more than paperwork right? LOL!

:grouphugyay:
Yes! It is so much better to find the humor in something than to dwell on what can't be changed! Moving forward, remembering the experience for future reference, but not dwelling on it, is the best thing to do! Your Cait eased grandpa's heart and mind, I'm sure!

I've heard of acidophilus being in probiotics. I have been reading stuff from the naturopathic doctor I was thinking about going to before I found the one who accepts medicare. She suggests taking an enzyme with every meal. I'm going to look into starting some of the things she suggests. And also talk to the doctor next month about some of the stuff she suggests to help IBS sufferers.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning to All!
Another sunny day in store for us here in NC :sunnyeyes:. Mark said it is supposed to get to 78* today! WOOHOO! It was in the low 70's yesterday. I went for a walk at the foot track down the street from Mark's shop yesterday after he and I went to lunch. It was warm enough for me to take my jacket off. I made the 1 mile walk in 18 minutes! I was going to keep going but my back was beginning to feel it, so I didn't push it! I am hoping that the more I walk, the more it will strengthen my back!

I felt like a weight had been lifted yesterday since I finally have an appointment with an holistic group that also takes medicare! Thank You, Lord! My tummy even felt better! I'm still rinsing my mouth with salt water because I'm not sure the thrush isn't waiting to rear its ugly head again. But, I might just be paranoid! Sometimes I have a coating on my tongue and other times not. Whatever the case, I'm continuing to drink nothing but water and trying to avoid as many sweets as possible.

No plans for today. I think I will clean out the fridge and get rid of some of the leftovers that Mark is not eating. The Mounjaro doesn't work on him quite as drastically as the Ozempic did, but he still isn't eating leftovers the way he used to!

I've been reading IBS information from the Naturopathic doctor I was thinking about going to before finding the doctor that takes medicare. I think I'm going to order some of the enzyme and probiotic supplements she suggests and see how that goes. That's about all I have plans for today, besides walking later.

HAGD :bye2:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Another quick in and out today. Yes, my niece made here okay but she said the winds were bad - especially coming the mountain/canyon just outside of here. They went straight to the Travel Park (about 20 miles north of me) and got the motor home set up before calling. They were worn out by fighting the winds so were going to have supper and rest. I don't blame them for that... I was also tired from my commissary trip so it worked out for the best. They will come down and spent the day with me today. DD#3 is also coming down so it will be fun time. Before I fixed supper last night, I decided to chop up the lettuce, tomatoes and onions for our lunch today. Only have to heat up the sauce, fry the tortillas and put the enchiladas together. Quick and simple. :)
So glad I have left the patio stuff where it is as we are under high wind warning for the next 2-3 days... 40mph sustained winds with gusts of 60+mph. It is suppose to be really high tonight. Glad my niece is settled here for the next couple of days. When I talked to my sis yesterday to let her know they were here okay, she indicated that their stop here may have to be cut short as they were needed in South Dakota for the job sooner than planned. Unfortunately Denver and between here and there is in for a bad snow storm over the next several days.

Gotta run... DD#3 is on her way over. CYL

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning, almost afternoon.

It's so warm here today but still windy. Yes, Chris @faerywings we got our walk n yesterday. It was just Ava, me and three dogs. We jad to walk kind of late and it was after Adrienne, and I went to pick up our food orders at Walmart. We were bad and stopped at Starbucks for one of those toffee ribbon/crunch coffees and I think that weighted me down. We haven't had one of those for a long time, since we swore off of them, but we felt like cheating yesterday. We were going for them almost every day, so we decided once in a great while wouldn't hurt us. We (I) could only make if for half a mile after we got home and it was getting kind of late, too. It was still good to get out. It was going on 6 o'clock before we got started. Today, we're going to start a little earlier, although Adrienne and I both have RX's ready for pickup today and she wants to run one more errand while we're out, so it may be late again. We didn't let Daisy off-leash yesterday.

I'm going to make this short and sweet and send hugs to everybody. :hug3::hug4::grouphugyay:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Another quick in and out today. Yes, my niece made here okay but she said the winds were bad - especially coming the mountain/canyon just outside of here. They went straight to the Travel Park (about 20 miles north of me) and got the motor home set up before calling. They were worn out by fighting the winds so were going to have supper and rest. I don't blame them for that... I was also tired from my commissary trip so it worked out for the best. They will come down and spent the day with me today. DD#3 is also coming down so it will be fun time. Before I fixed supper last night, I decided to chop up the lettuce, tomatoes and onions for our lunch today. Only have to heat up the sauce, fry the tortillas and put the enchiladas together. Quick and simple. :)
So glad I have left the patio stuff where it is as we are under high wind warning for the next 2-3 days... 40mph sustained winds with gusts of 60+mph. It is suppose to be really high tonight. Glad my niece is settled here for the next couple of days. When I talked to my sis yesterday to let her know they were here okay, she indicated that their stop here may have to be cut short as they were needed in South Dakota for the job sooner than planned. Unfortunately Denver and between here and there is in for a bad snow storm over the next several days.

Gotta run... DD#3 is on her way over. CYL
Hope you are having a wonderful time with your family!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning, almost afternoon.

It's so warm here today but still windy. Yes, Chris @faerywings we got our walk n yesterday. It was just Ava, me and three dogs. We jad to walk kind of late and it was after Adrienne, and I went to pick up our food orders at Walmart. We were bad and stopped at Starbucks for one of those toffee ribbon/crunch coffees and I think that weighted me down. We haven't had one of those for a long time, since we swore off of them, but we felt like cheating yesterday. We were going for them almost every day, so we decided once in a great while wouldn't hurt us. We (I) could only make if for half a mile after we got home and it was getting kind of late, too. It was still good to get out. It was going on 6 o'clock before we got started. Today, we're going to start a little earlier, although Adrienne and I both have RX's ready for pickup today and she wants to run one more errand while we're out, so it may be late again. We didn't let Daisy off-leash yesterday.

I'm going to make this short and sweet and send hugs to everybody. :hug3::hug4::grouphugyay:
Back at'cha :hug4: :hug2: