Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, June 2

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good news! I had another negative test this morning, I might have dodged the Covid-bullet!
200.webp

I am really relieved because even though I was 99.9% sure it was all in my head, I was worried that I was sick yesterday. I was absolutely fine when I went to clean for my friend. After an hour or so over there, my nose was stuffy and my throat was scratchy. Of course, it had *nothing* at all to do with the vacuuming/dusting/cat hair. *wink*

It did feel good getting out and about in spite of the smug jerk at the pharmacy. Long story short: I asked the very sweet woman at the pharmacy desk about the phone call/order. She had no record. I asked her if I should ask up front (main store). The manager must have overheard a little of what I was saying in the pharmacy because he was unhelpful and rude when I asked for assistance. If your store has my contact info in your system and is calling people, then look into it - don't get mad at *me* for checking. The funniest (in retrospect, I was mad at the time) was when he asked why I thought that he could help- he "heard me say that I was coming up front on my own." Ummm, no- I asked if "I should." LOL-- as if I am the type of person who is going around demanding things from people. I was playing it in my head and it's just not in the way I talk! hahaha! I am glad I can laugh at it now, I was pissed yesterday. Not at the situation, that happens, but at the man- smirking at me... :mad:

Caitlyn gets to unmask today, Gary gets to end his isolation, and I think Scott is coming home tonight. yippeeeeee!! Poor Gary- he lost his sense of taste and smell yesterday. He first lost his sense of smell and then slowly his sense of taste, Last night, he could only taste salty or sweet. Then he said he had some ice cream and it was like "eating cold." It has to be such a weird experience.

I am off to see my LLMD today, hopefully, she has some advice for my hands. I am glad that it seems like all that is going on is arthritis but it's also a good idea to get blood work done too and see where I am at.

have a fab day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva Oh wow, that is a long trip for one day. It sounds worth it, though. I can't remember for certain, but you don't drive? So you can't take turns? Sorry if I have that wrong. I hope that the work mate's wife respects your time off and has the baby *after* the trip. LOL
Sheesh, I can't imagine having a year missing from a grandfather's life. I hope that you find him and get some answers.
Life is given to you by a series of miracles.
This is sooo true. Mindboggling.

@bcgal00 did your lens get to you? I hope you don't have to get a refund. Is it lost in the postal system?
That is what am hoping for my dad, that it's just one of those weird things.

@Cherylndesigns that is awful about the updates. I haven't -- nope, not going to say it. [tape over mouth smilie]

@taxed4ever how was the hike? So happy to hear that you had a nice weather day. It was much cooler here yesterday and rained on and off. I bet Scott was in heaven compared to the 90s the day before.
Did you get a decent estimate on new screens?

@BrightEyes May was a wild month, here's to June being calmer.
Do you have any rain in your forecast? I hope you do, to clean the air and put out the fires.

@LSlycord (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) for having one of those days. Good thoughts to Shaun

And now the dogs need to go out, TTYS!!

LSlycord

Good morning ladies. It's Thursday already and as much as I complain about time moving too quickly, today I am happy to be moving this week along. I am beat and Thursday has me this much closer to Friday. LOL My poor convoluted logic!

The realtor is coming tonight to pick up her sign and lockbox. As much as I would have liked living next to the ocean, I'm completely happy with the release of that stress. Our long term plan is to leave here after both kids are out of college. Want to keep those in-state tuition rates. So three years...maybe four. Don't know where we are going but I sure want out of this state. I have enough self awareness to realize that many of my feelings about this state are probably related to the timing of when we moved here...but it doesn't change my desire to move.

LSlycord

Congrats @faerywings on making it through this round of Covid. Glad that Gary's isolation is over but that's awful about the taste and smell. I'm afraid that I would gain 20 pounds if I lost my sense of taste because I'd just keep trying to find something that tasted good. Glad that Cait can unmask and that Scott is coming home. For all of you ladies whose kids have moved out of the house and, in some cases, a long way away...you are brave.

The thought of Sydney being 90 minutes from me this fall is just about killing me. But I will survive...and now that song will be playing in my ear all day! Dang!

Have a good day all!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Let us all do a happy dance for @faerywings dodging covid!

content_image_6020e7fd63b1a.gif

Oh, I do hope Gary will get taste and smell back soon! I know of people who got it back in just a couple of hours. For me it took about 8 months for it to be 100% again. I also had some kind of "smell hallucinations". I could smell cigarrette smoke, as if someone was smoking right beside me, even though no one has smoked inside this house for at least all the time we've lived here. So weird!

The co-worker & his wife's baby was due 4 days ago, so she's on overtime already. But Urban was going to check the scedule for next week today, and we'll see if we can go to Stockholm next Wednesday.

Not sure what I'll make for dinner today. I bought aubergine & mushrooms yesterday cuz it was a good price on it. Need to be inventive and make something with it.

No real plans for today. Probably should be doing something along the line of cleaning/decluttering, but ...... it's 2 pm and I haven't even started. LOL

Made a layout today for Challenge #1, and I used an old template from 2011. It's my goal for this month: to use old stuff I have in my stash more. Especially templates are time-less. I get that trends come & go in design, but templates mainly look the same over the years. Or am I wrong?

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
It is a beautiful day... blue skies, calm winds and only a hint of smoke in the air. Decided to open the house up - it is only 60* outside and 74* inside. Will leave it open for a bit to let it cool down some. There was rain in the Southeast corner of the state yesterday afternoon... but not where it is needed for the fires.... yet! May get some late this afternoon over one of the major fires... and a 20% of it falling here tonight. Hoping the monsoon rains start soon. Realized that the yard cleaning estimate is tomorrow @ 9AM and that is also when the local library starts their quarterly book/DVD sale. I will run over there after the estimate is done.

Chris, so sorry about your Dad's hearing loss. Yikes... so sorry that Gary lost his sense of taste and smell. Hopefully it will come back soon. I know you will be glad to have Scott back home and have things getting back to 'normal' for the family.

Linda, I understand your relief to pull the house off the market. If you are thinking of leaving FL within the next 4-5 years, that might be the best thing to stay in your present house. Glad to hear that Shawn has an appointment at Mayo... fingers crossed that they figure out what is going on with him.

Eve, hope that it works out for you and Urban to make the trip to Stockholm next week. Sending good wishes that you can find your grandfather's "missing year" .

Need to get my shower and get dressed.. then work on a few CT LOs. Need to get back into the 'normal' swing of things now that June is here. CYL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Got blood work results and thyroid is really good. The low dose of medication is working well. I got out for a walk with the big lens yesterday. It is heavy and will definitely be a workout for my arms. I managed to walk around with it for 1.5 hours and my arms were a bit achy but after a hot tub last night I felt fine. Its like carrying around a 5 lb bag of potatoes. It will definitely help build up my arm muscles.

Got a bank acct opened up here and today will pop in to get our line of credit set up. In the same complex there is a butcher that everyone says is the best in kamloops so we popped in and placed a freezer pack order.

Today I'm going to do some meal planning, house chores and organizing in my dressing room. Jen got a new cabinet so is giving me her tall white cabinet which matches my other two so that will go next to the other two and I'll put the dresser from that spot into the bedroom. D is building a grey wood top for it but it'll be a week or so before he gets around to that. So the only other piece I need now is an over-the-toilet cabinet in my bathroom. We finally got a call and they are coming to install the new countertop in Jen's kitchen early next week.

@faerywings Sorry to hear G lost his hearing and taste. That must be so weird. Hope it returns quickly. Glad life is starting to return to normal in your house.

@BrightEyes Hope you get a good estimate tomorrow and still make it over to the library sale.

Remi is whining out by the cabinet in the foyer so I'm pretty sure she shoved a toy in there and now wants me to get it out. I'll grab coffee and get on with my day.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good late morning everyone! Its been a crazy morning! Yesterdays hike was great but just before I left Hunter face timed with me for a few minutes. I propped my phone up against my computer screen and it slipped off and knocked my coffee cup over. Well of course it was pretty much full and spilled all over my keyboard. #dk Well I cleaned it up as best I could and prayed that when it all dried out it would be fine. Well no such luck and now I am off to staples to pick up a new one. Grrrr!! I did not need this today! Anyway I am now on the laptop typing this and I need to get coupons out to winners today, so sure hope I can get my keyboard picked up right away. Had a nice long chat with Heather this morning. She is happy to be alone for a change and get some housecleaning done. Election Day for those in Ontario, so she will get out to vote at some point today. Anyway I need to get into the shower and get dressed and hopefully I will be able to catch up with all of you a bit later. Sorry no personals again today, but it sounds like everyone is doing well and having a good day! I really do not like using a PC laptop, so spoiled with my iMac, what a whiner right?!! Anyway have a great morning everyone! I will TTYL!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon lovelies.

Chris @faerywings such wonderful news about you testing negative and everybody coming out of isolation!! I got mad for you about your trip to the pharmacy!! Some pharmacists and the assistants can be so snippy and most people who go there aren't feeling their best anyway. Maybe this will help you - many years ago, I had a doctor friend who told me to just remember "they the snippy ones probably wanted to be doctors but couldn't make it into med school". I always think of that now if one of them is snippy. Not ALL of them - we've had some very sweet pharmacists over the years, but then you get that "one". UGH

I got out in the yard for awhile yesterday. The tomatoes are choking some of my herbs out so I moved three of them - put one out in the front and moved the others into their own pots.

Rae @bcgal00 glad you got your lens.

I'm going to get off of here and go see what I need to do. Have a good day everybody.

LSlycord

Love the skeleton and the happy dance @tanteva. And I agree...I don't think that templates change much over time!

@BrightEyes what...no smoke from fires and actually a nice day! Imagine that! Glad that you are finally getting some good weather.

@bcgal00 can't wait to see your photos with that big, new lens! No bicep curls for you...you are a photographer.

Ugh @taxed4ever sorry about the keyboard. If it isn't one thing it is another.

@Cherylndesigns do you have tomatoes yet? We have a few small ones...lost a few early on. These are Roma and for some reason, the ends kept turning black. What I read said that it was a calcium deficiency but that adding calcium wouldn't help...I needed to add more water. After that adjustment, things seemed ok. We will see...my fingers are crossed.

felis

Hello my dears, I'm popping back to check the updates around you. I know that the summer technically start on 21st, but it's so darn hot, that I feels like it started yesterday. I'm trying to break some Spring habits. And for that I've been watching this channel, where in the roll was this video. Shocking I have all signs of being toxic friend :eek:. Which turned on my guilt for not being around anymore. It's not only for O. I spend the whole Spring living like a monk, avoiding the contact with other people. The physical talk are so harmful for my energy vibe. Everybody discussing only the war and the economical crisis. Why life in person can't be as on Instagram, happy people who talks for creativity? I hope that the situation in your area is better! Let me know. I hear at a TV show today that according to some news site, Americans are check the news about Johnny Depp a lot more than these for the war in Ukraine. Ah, Youuuu :p! But this is exactly summer mindset - to concentrate on gossips instead troubles.

Chris, this is wonderful news! You spend so many months worrying what if this happens, and it's happened, and even wasn't so scary (my aunt was in hospital for weeks, still have post covid problems). Now you can sit back and have real fullbloded summer experience! I can't wait to hear for all parties and fun!

Linda, trust your gut, if something doesn't feel right you shouldn't stay at this state. Although it's very sweet that you puts the comfort of your children on first place, four years are one little eternity.

Eva, fingers crossed that trip to happen and gives you what you wish!

Kay, do you have something concrete that looking for on that sale, or will be treasure hunt? Good luck to be on time!

Rae, such a weight is very challenging. I can't see it used for spontaneous photos. Has you planned yesterday's photo shoot?

Aww, Trudy, this is just awful! this is just awful! I hope that you find new keyboard that to like and wouldn't be necessary to order online and wait!

Cheryl, I saw some of your flowers at your IG and they are gorgeous. I don't remember the herbs, are they in beds? That's so cool! The homemade salads are the only good things at the summer. Tomato, cucumber, peppers, parsley and feta is traditional salad here, and one of my favorite.

Did any of you have any news from @nancyr ? I even DM her on Instagram, but no response.

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Love the skeleton and the happy dance @tanteva. And I agree...I don't think that templates change much over time!

@BrightEyes what...no smoke from fires and actually a nice day! Imagine that! Glad that you are finally getting some good weather.

@bcgal00 can't wait to see your photos with that big, new lens! No bicep curls for you...you are a photographer.

Ugh @taxed4ever sorry about the keyboard. If it isn't one thing it is another.

@Cherylndesigns do you have tomatoes yet? We have a few small ones...lost a few early on. These are Roma and for some reason, the ends kept turning black. What I read said that it was a calcium deficiency but that adding calcium wouldn't help...I needed to add more water. After that adjustment, things seemed ok. We will see...my fingers are crossed.
Linda, we don't have any yet, but it looks like there are the start of some buds. I was looking them over today. They should be flowering any day! They're spreading like crazy so when they come on, we should have a bumper crop! I had to move 3 of my herbs yesterday because they're growing over MY rows. Haha I do water them every day. DH never had great luck with tomatoes in Florida. Good luck with yours. Are they in a container?

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Hello my dears, I'm popping back to check the updates around you. I know that the summer technically start on 21st, but it's so darn hot, that I feels like it started yesterday. I'm trying to break some Spring habits. And for that I've been watching this channel, where in the roll was this video. Shocking I have all signs of being toxic friend :eek:. Which turned on my guilt for not being around anymore. It's not only for O. I spend the whole Spring living like a monk, avoiding the contact with other people. The physical talk are so harmful for my energy vibe. Everybody discussing only the war and the economical crisis. Why life in person can't be as on Instagram, happy people who talks for creativity? I hope that the situation in your area is better! Let me know. I hear at a TV show today that according to some news site, Americans are check the news about Johnny Depp a lot more than these for the war in Ukraine. Ah, Youuuu :p! But this is exactly summer mindset - to concentrate on gossips instead troubles.

Chris, this is wonderful news! You spend so many months worrying what if this happens, and it's happened, and even wasn't so scary (my aunt was in hospital for weeks, still have post covid problems). Now you can sit back and have real fullbloded summer experience! I can't wait to hear for all parties and fun!

Linda, trust your gut, if something doesn't feel right you shouldn't stay at this state. Although it's very sweet that you puts the comfort of your children on first place, four years are one little eternity.

Eva, fingers crossed that trip to happen and gives you what you wish!

Kay, do you have something concrete that looking for on that sale, or will be treasure hunt? Good luck to be on time!

Rae, such a weight is very challenging. I can't see it used for spontaneous photos. Has you planned yesterday's photo shoot?

Aww, Trudy, this is just awful! this is just awful! I hope that you find new keyboard that to like and wouldn't be necessary to order online and wait!

Cheryl, I saw some of your flowers at your IG and they are gorgeous. I don't remember the herbs, are they in beds? That's so cool! The homemade salads are the only good things at the summer. Tomato, cucumber, peppers, parsley and feta is traditional salad here, and one of my favorite.

Did any of you have any news from @nancyr ? I even DM her on Instagram, but no response.
It's so nice to see you popping in, Felis. I'm glad you like my flowers - this is the second year for the flowers in the front of the house and they're SO beautiful and lush! My herbs and veggies are in the back. I don't know if you saw pictures last summer of the back of the house. DH built a 3 tiered raised bed and my herbs and his veggies are in that plus I have about 6 big pots full. I have stringless pole green beans on the way - I've been slow in getting them in. I've harvested some of my herbs already. Oh, stop me - I could go on and on about my "babies". You'll get Chris @faerywings started about me taking "my babies" for a buggy ride. Hahaha

Cherylndesigns

CHEERY O
Good late morning everyone! Its been a crazy morning! Yesterdays hike was great but just before I left Hunter face timed with me for a few minutes. I propped my phone up against my computer screen and it slipped off and knocked my coffee cup over. Well of course it was pretty much full and spilled all over my keyboard. #dk Well I cleaned it up as best I could and prayed that when it all dried out it would be fine. Well no such luck and now I am off to staples to pick up a new one. Grrrr!! I did not need this today! Anyway I am now on the laptop typing this and I need to get coupons out to winners today, so sure hope I can get my keyboard picked up right away. Had a nice long chat with Heather this morning. She is happy to be alone for a change and get some housecleaning done. Election Day for those in Ontario, so she will get out to vote at some point today. Anyway I need to get into the shower and get dressed and hopefully I will be able to catch up with all of you a bit later. Sorry no personals again today, but it sounds like everyone is doing well and having a good day! I really do not like using a PC laptop, so spoiled with my iMac, what a whiner right?!! Anyway have a great morning everyone! I will TTYL!
Trudy, I'll probably forget to say this tomorrow because this post will be gone. I'm sorry about your keyboard. That happened to us once and it was a goner. Did you get a new one without any problems?

tanteva

@felis I love Psych2go channel. They explain everything in such a way that you really understand. Just wanted to add: sometimes you need time & space for yourself, it doesn't necessary mean you are a toxic friend.

felis

@felis I love Psych2go channel. They explain everything in such a way that you really understand. Just wanted to add: sometimes you need time & space for yourself, it doesn't necessary mean you are a toxic friend.
You are so sweet! The others so easily drags my vibration into the low spectrum, I need a time out.
Wasn't you mentioned before that you are empath? I couldn't even imagine how you are feeling, when not only their talks but also their feelings affecting you.

tanteva

You are so sweet! The others so easily drags my vibration into the low spectrum, I need a time out.
Wasn't you mentioned before that you are empath? I couldn't even imagine how you are feeling, when not only their talks but also their feelings affecting you.
I've learned to shut down. It probably sounds a bit weird, but I imagine I have like a blue shield around me, and it reflects all the negative energies. I know it's all in my head, but it's working. Now I only get effected by other's feelings when I'm tired.