Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Thursday, January 5

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
What a difference a day makes in temperature. It was 45* when I left for the supermarket. It is now 23* and a Real Feel of 17*
But the sun is out so that is a good thing.

I slept really well again last night, makes me very happy. I actually feel... (not sure if I dare say it).... sorta "normal." Who knows how long it will last but I will take it and hold onto it as long as I can.

Yesterday was actually not horrible at the grocery store. For the most part, everyone was friendly and helpful. My chat with BFFATS was really nice too. Her DD is coming home from 10 days in Israel and she showed me some of the pictures she had sent.

I also dusted my bedroom, started new files for 2017 medical costs, and cooked dinner. Damn, I am good! :rofl:

Today is cleaning my bathroom, I started it yesterday but I have to do the shower next. Cleaning for my neighbor. Will I cook dinner again? :noidea:

I am way over my 7.30 deadline but will do super-quick personals and then log off. (don't tell Faery, ok?)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
nancy- wow- that is a great SS/Medicare experience! *jealous* haha!! Good for the Devils too, hope they keep the momentum.

Trudy- how did your DH's x-ray go? Hope his lungs are ok and that he won't need to be admitted.
The OA reminds me a lot of Stranger Things where the first few episodes are slow but once you get more into it, there is a lot going on. We have 2 episodes left.

Rae- wishing I had warm weather to send to you, the ice must be horrible- does your town use salt or sand to help the road conditions?

Oh, Jean- I feel your pain with the health ins. payments. I really do! You know I love your font work, it was easy to find the names of a lot that had gone missing

Angi- welcome to Ooos! It is a no-pressure chat about whatever you like place.
That is horrible about the guidance counselors DH. That is *really* young. :(
Oh no!! Am I going to have to put you and Nancy into the penalty box over hockey disputes? :pound:

Gotta run
xoxoxo!!!

DivaMom96

Live, love, create.
So glad you had a great day yesterday, Chris! I hope it continues today ...

I am off to walk around a bit, stretch out and then off to work. Hope to check in later. I know I'll be online tonight.

Have a fantabulous day!!

nancyr

good morning - just finished a great talk with my sister. It is nice so nice to have a sister. Had a good walk with Luther. He saw his friend Sprout. What a great name for a dog. And then as we walked further there was a sharp shinned hawk sitting on a branch. But Luther barked and he flew. And yesterday a red tailed hawk flew in front of us. I love that I see these birds. Yesterday afternoon team USA defeated team Russia in hockey at the World Jrs. It is the first time in 7 tries that the US has defeated Russia in the medal round. Then Canada came out and defeated Sweden. So it will be the US vs Canada tonight for the Gold medal. Should be a great game. Canada will be favored as they have won so many times and they are playing in Montreal. I am just glad they will be playing for gold.

Chris so glad you are feeling so well. Maybe the stress of the holidays is gone so your are now able to relax in to normal. And I can't believe the difference in our temperatures. Now they say snow tonight and ending in am. It should be light so that is good maybe just an inch or two.

Trudy so hoping you have good news about your MG. So glad he will now be getting on track to feeling so much better. Glad you found time to scrap, saw on Facebook. How interesting that his stubbornness runs in his family.

Rae wow now frozen in place. Hope it heats up and melts fast! Glad you can escape with Taz out the back. Luther was so glad when the boys came home as he get to play rough.

Jean I don't know how it will be when my DH retires but our house is big enough that we can find places to be alone LOL. That way we won't have to be under each other's feet.

Angi welcome. So sorry to hear about the passing of your friends husband. Way too young. And as far as the Red Wings vs Devils I have nothing against hockeyTown as that is a great organization. The only time it really mattered when our teams played for the Stanley Cup my team won. LOL. I have a long memory. But seriously I like all hockey and The RedWings have had great teams.

Deborah - welcome too. Have a fab day! Always good to walk and stretch.

Have a great day all!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning O-zies... I slept in til almost 8am!! Had a few wake ups during the night with DH shaking the bed from coughing so much Uggh! But he was off to work this morning, against my better judgement, but he is a stubborn man. I must say it is nice to have the house back to myself, but now I will worry all day about how he is feeling :sad: It is very cold here this morning, but the sun is shining and that is always a good thing! Woke up with a horrid headache, not sure why, perhaps I was clenching my teeth again all night, so now I am wearing my mouthguard and I really need to go pop some tylenol in hopes of getting rid of this pain in my head!

Chris - I can't tell you how nice it is to hear that you feel somewhat normal today!! How wonderful!! I hope it continues on that way forever! DH had his x-ray and then got sent home as we won't know the results for 2 days when his regular Dr. sees the x-rays. He seemed to be a bit better last night, but back to the hacking and coughing again during the night and this morning. I just hope that going to work does not make him feel even worse! DH and I need to catch up on those last few episodes of OA! I hope your cleaning job goes well today!

Angi - Welcome to the Daily's, that is so sad about your friend's hubby, so young with such a young family!! Sending gentle hugs out to all of them! :hug: Nancy is our hockey queen and such a great fan of the sport, we of course are too, but Bruins fans all the way! Yes we love the Bruins even though we are from Vancouver Island, we are not big fans of the Canucks :becky:

Deborrah - Welcome here!! Hope you have a good stretch before heading out to work, what is your job? I have been loving your pages!!

Nancy - Yes it will be Canada against the US both great teams, and we were so excited to see Canada play such great hockey last night! We really did not think that they would defeat Sweden, such amazing players on both teams and now the rivalry of our two teams ! Both amazing hockey teams and you are right it should be a great game! How nice that you get to talk with your sister so much, I bet you wish you were with her right now with all of the this horrible cold weather! Love your stories about Luther, he is quite the character, he seems to bring you great joy! Enjoy your day together!

Rae - Be careful out there with all that ice my friend! I hope the sun warms up enough to melt your driveway at least! Real prairie winter weather we are having this year. I laughed at the comparison of how much $ they have spent on snow removal and salting, how can you even compare to the last few years when we didn't have any snow at all?? :becky: this is more of the kind of weather that we should be having for winter, not the dry warm temps of the past few years! When we were young I can remember having at least 3ft of snow in the winter and spending all day making snowmen etc. Anyway I will quit rambling now and hope that you and Taz have an amazing day today. Oh and great news about your computer !! I am trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my canon pixmia printer, the cyan colour is not printing out and it doesn't seem to be clogged or anything :mmph: always something!!

Jean - I hope that you manage to get things finished with your ins. Good idea to not venture out too far with this wintery weather. I hope that you have a creative day today!

Ok I really need coffee and some tylenol before my head explodes!! Hoping you all have a wonderful Thursday!! :wave:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning, ladies. I'm enjoying the view out the DR window, looking out at the snowy yard and watching the birds flying around. That is one advantage of sitting at my computer table in the LR, and a lot more light coming in than in my office downstairs. I got a call yesterday that the new computer is ready to pick up this afternoon. I"ll bring it out to my computer guy who will configure the drives and get things set up on it. So it should be ready in a few days. Then I will be back downstairs, loading software, photos and organizing. So much work but it will be great to start fresh with a new computer.

I found some good gluten free products yesterday at a bakery that is further away, that I have only been to twice. I took my daughter there so she could get some GF stuff. She said that the way she feels now, compared to a month ago, is amazing. So she is defiitely gluten sensitive. She will soon be getting tested for celiac disease too. I'm so happy she is feeling better. I'm doing well on WW this week. It's been easier to follow than I expected.

Today I'll work on taxes and household chores. I'll walk over to the dog park later with Taz. Tonight I am going to make a pasta casserole and will add lots of shredded veggies into my plate (hubs won't eat as many veggies as I do). I'm waiting for the 2 hour return of Nashville tonight (love that show).

Chris - glad to hear you are feeling good, being productive and getting things done. I'm trying (I feel like I am swimming uphill trying to get all our paperwork together).

Nancy - I agree, Sprout is a great dog name! I bet its wonderful to have a sister. I come from a very small family and am an only child.

Trudy - how's your DH? Did they admit him?

Angi and Deborrah - have a great day!

I"m off to get more coffee and toast some GF raisin bread...yum! Have a great day, everyone.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Hi Trudy - we cross-posted again...of course :)

Glad to hear your hubs is feeling a bit better and hope that he rests as soon as he gets home from work (although it sounds like he should not have gone...stubborn man). Hope you headache clears and you have a great day.

scrap-genie

The ins. checks got to the bank after all! So waiting was the right advice. DH went to the lab for monthly blood work and had no problems with the new ins. So keeping fingers crossed our new plan will work. Colder and some snow here but not too bad.

Chris, it's somehow not that surprising that you feel better. Even on Tindamax, you weren't relating as much distress. And getting past the holidays but with happy memories is good too. As always hope it's a good day today.

Deborrah, happy to see you in the Dailys. Love seeing your pages in the gallery and challenges.

Angi, likewise, good to see you here and about in the O! I'm not far away in the Cleveland area. Our hockey team is AHL, the Cleveland Monsters (formerly Lake Erie Monsters when they won the Calder Cup last year.) As they're now a farm team to the Blue Jackets, guess we should care about them since they are so hot. Wonder if they'll tie the win record tonight? But I'm not as much into hockey as baseball. Pitchers and Catchers day is a little over a month away!!

Nancy, love that you get to see hawks out walking! What interesting stories Luther provides. Guess you don't really have the house to yourself even when the guys are gone if Luther is still there. Maybe it's because she's 13+ years older, but my sister and I have never been close. I think we each wound up closer to our in-laws.

Trudy, glad you have sun even if it's cold. Sure hope the headache went away (or is it that he's at work!) I can't imagine it was smart for MG to go to work today, but clearly he has to be tied down to not go. Hope he really does get better and you can relax. Hope you and Nancy can be happy with the hockey outcome whoever wins.

Rae, seeing the birds while on the computer must be nice, but I'd get distracted. Hurray, the computer is ready for your guy to set up. Hope it's ready for you soon.

Hope it's a good one everybody!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Well so much for the house to myself!! DH got sent home from work and told not to come back until at least Monday!! Funny how he will listen to his female boss, but not the female boss at home LOL

Jazz2000

thanks for the warm welcome.

Chris - so glad you're feeling better & hope you stay that way. I know what you mean about the temperature. I live in Michigan. On Christmas Day, it was cold, below freezing I know. My middle son said it was too cold to go sledding & he'll go tomorrow. Well, the next day was 53 degrees & all the snow melted - no sledding. Now I heard it's 8 degrees but unsure if that's actual or wind chill. ugh

Nancy - it must be so great to be able to see those types of amazing birds. Luther must be a big enough dog to scare them off not look like a meal to them. Yes, I remember when the Devils beat the Wings in the Stanley Cup. *ouch* I used to be more into hockey back then; before kids. Now, it they're basketball games, volleyball, cross-country, track and field, concerts and homework. Not a great trade. lol. I live hockey through you. ;)

Trudy - I hope your DH is finally taking it seriously now that his boss sent him home for 4 days. BTW, my dentist said the shower is good for the joints in the jaw when I've been clenching my teeth too much during the night. aim your TMJ at the shower to let it hit them - sort of like a hydro massage???

Rae - so nice to have beautiful view. At my last house, the view from our dining room was the neighbor's garage. lol. Let us know how the new computer is.

Jean - great news that the ins check made it to the bank. nice to know you're about 5 hours away. I bet it's cheaper to go a minor league game than the major National Hockey League game. Is Case Western University by Cleveland? I have a daughter who is a junior in high school. So, it's that time to look at colleges, prep for ACT and SAT. yikes.

Hi Deborah - hope you're having a great day.