Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Thursday, February 27

tropt

Since our dear Chris has a LOT on her plate these days, I'm helping her out for a while and posting the Daily Ooo's. :) So, please feel free to jump in and straighten me out if I do something goofy. :) :bolt:

Hope your Thursday is starting out well. It's sunny & a little windy here but pleasant. DD's friend is helping her out with Zoey so that is giving me a little break so I'm catching up on :washing: and some work projects and I might just find some scrapping time. ;) yay!

We have DH's cousin (and a friend) coming for a visit next week so I'm planning meals and thinking of places to tour them around for a few days. I've already warned him that he might have to puppy sit! ;) Any ideas for quick, easy dishes (that don't involve a crockpot - Last month I was washing my 15 yr old ceramic crockpot liner and it slipped and broke into a million pieces :hurt:)?

How are all of you who are still bulldozing snow from those never-ending (it seems) flurries? Hope you're staying warm.

Sara - Hope the germies didn't get you and your baby shower plans are well underway. I always think those baby shower games are so fun and funny. The one I remember most was at a couples' shower (All the husbands were invited) and they had a baby diapering contest for the men using cloth diapers, those big 'ol safety pins and (thankfully) baby dolls instead of real babies. Those poor guys! It was too funny to see all the creative ways they diapered. One guy just wrapped the clothed around the baby like a mummy, another did a burrito fold and just bunched up the excess and another guy spent all his time carefully putting lots of pins but when he picked up the doll to carry it to the finish line, the diaper slid right off (he was afraid to make it too tight, I guess). And all the women were just cackling. (I think they were remembering all those late night diapering sessions they did and were thinking of this a payback or something. ;) )

Trudy - What yummy type of food did you have for your anniversary dinner?

Nancy - Were you able to get your walk in today?

Phylis - How is your cough? There is that Throat Coat herbal tea that is nice and soothing but sometimes some warm water, lemon juice and honey helps when I have a cough.

And, of course, dear Chris - Sending happy, peaceful thoughts your way. Hope today is better than yesterday. :hug:

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi T!!! Thank you so very much with starting this thread and getting us rolling! Your Thursday sure begins before mine does :p

Yesterday ended up turning out better then Wed although it had a very *very* rocky start. I woke up feeling stressed. It was snowing again. I check the weather to see when it is supposed to stop b/c I had plans to see my BFF. I see that the weather models are showing a huge snowstorm for Sun, Mon and Tues.Then when I was in the shower, I screwed up the waterproof cover for my PICC and water got inside. Then as I was checking out the line, i noticed some small bubbles in there. So I am freaking out
ClickHandler.ashx
that I am going to get an air bubble in my vein and die. I am sobbing on the sofa, while Gary is trying to do my saline flush and I am just hysterical. Its kind of funny now, but I was having NONE of that yesterday.
But it stopped snowing, and my BFF and I sat in front of her fireplace, sipping coffee and talked and laughed and she always makes me feel better.

Now that my pity party is over (for now- I am sure I'll have another one here and there :violin:)

I have a back up plan for the storm. My IL's will pick me up Sunday and take me in Monday morning. Gary can then take his time driving down to the hospital. Now I just have to not worry about the dr not being there. ;)
And some other good news news-- my BRCA gene test came back negative! That is really good news. I wasn't expecting a positive result but I will take any teensy bit of good news I can get. And the surgeon needs clearance from my Lyme dr in writing, so I have that hopefully being taken care of today. Baby steps......:)

Off to work today then my mom is meeting me for lunch.

Hope that you all have a FAB day!!!

PS: Thank you all so much for putting up with my ramblings!! :blah: :rant:

whatnext

Chris, did you get that bubble out of the line? no wonder you freaked! :scared: i can't believe that, on top of everything, you've got weather to worry about. it looks like we're going to get some sort of snow/ice event Sunday into Monday, so that's probably what's going to arrive at your house. i just look out the window every day and swear. and swear. i'm going to have to read that Global Cooling book by Colleen McCullough that she wrote back in the '70s. i seem to remember it wasn't that memorable of a book, but the premise was that everyone moved South for most of the year because everything above North Carolina or so was arctic most of the year. and they only came North in the summers to work the factories, then returned South again. dunno how that would work, since we HAVE NO FACTORIES anymore! good news on the gene test. hang on to that.

T, how about lasagna? you can put that together early in the day, refrigerate it, then cook it when needed. there's also "fancy" burgers. cook up some cheeseburgers and serve with plates of various toppings they can choose from. bacon. lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, salsa. whatever. and some oven fries. hot water is actually my med of choice when i have a cold. i've been drinking it several times a day, and it helps loosen things up, as well as being a sort of psychological "comfort lift."

i think i'm staying home today. too damned COLD outside. it was 8 when i got up. so nuts to that. so far i did some spackling around my two new windows where there were holes in the plaster, i scrubbed the kitchen floor and polyurethaned a little part of my kitchen cabinet base. and made a fire in the wood stove. DH finally was able to get up on the roof a few days ago to clean the chimney. no more smokey fires! now our house doesn't smell like a ham.

off i go to do some other stuff. i figure i need to keep the momentum going or i'll just decide to sit down and read or something, instead of vacuuming!

have a lovely. :becky:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good morning ladies... On my second cup of coffee already this morning and just browsing around the internet until I wake up enough to post here today. We had a lovely supper last night. Hubby took me to the local Steak place and we had Rib Steak with Prawns, garlic mashed potatoes and salad. So full I could have burst, but ooooohhh so good!! I could never be a vegetarian or vegan I loves me some meat too much!! :becky: DH also surprised me with a dozen yellow roses, he hardly ever buys flowers and I don't encourage him to, they were an extravagance that we could not afford when we were a young family, so I really don't expect to get them now either, but what a nice surprise, they are beautiful!! I think that maybe I will keep this man of mine!!

T- How nice of you start us off here today! Only thing I can think of to make ahead of time for supper is perhaps a shepards pie, you could make it and freeze it to be all ready for your company.

Chris - Oh my goodness, you had a frightful day! And a bubble in your PICC line?? I would have had a heart attack
gaah-smiley.gif
what else could go wrong for you????? I sure hope today is much more peaceful for you!!

Phylis - I don't blame you for not wanting to go anywhere in the cold weather!
freez-in2-smiley.gif

Try to stay warm and cozy around your fire today and so glad that your house does not smell like a ham anymore :pound: you kill me!!!

Ok I am breaking my own rule today and having one more cup of coffee, I just can't seem to wake up this morning. Off to see what trouble I can get into downtown today, have a few errands and perhaps I can convince my sister to come for coffee today. Have a wonderful day everyone!! :wave:

whatnext

Trudy, your anniversary dinner sounds FABULOUS!! my favorite part is the roses. and did you say you were going into town to get into trouble?? can i come?? :rofl:

petey111

I am skipping some work I could be doing and getting caught up. LOL

First off.....I LOVE the idea of naming a wheaten Will. That's AWESOME!!!

Ben's sleepover went great. We had fun. Weather sucks. Snow, ice, and below zero temps headed our way same as Chris. :-( Throat is better today, but we'll see how it holds up.

T - How about a big pot of soup? That could simmer and simmer on the stove. We also have a fairly easy casserole that everyone loves called Ritz Chicken. You take your cooked chicken breasts and cut them or shred them, whatever trips your trigger. Mix a can of cream of chicken with 1 cup of sour cream. Stir in the chicken. Mix a sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers with melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole and bake until warm and bubbly (300 for 30-40 min should do it). If you like poppyseeds, you can sprinkle those on. I'm not a fan though.

Trudy - I'm with you. I used to think I was vegetarian - except for chicken. Then when I started dating my husband, I found out that my mom just couldn't cook meat! The Jewish side of her ruined it. Now our anniversary dinner always takes us to Johnny's Italian steakhouse for a filet. mmmmmm sooooo gooooood

Phylis - Yay to no more smokey fires and staying warm!

Chris dear - baby steps is an excellent mantra. Love you!!! Rant, rave, cry, sob, etc. whatever you need - we are here for you.

Gotta go eat lunch now. Talk to you all later!

tropt

Thanks so much, ladies, for all the good recipe advice. Can you all come over and cook with me?!! ;)

Chris - Hugs, just lots and lots of hugs for you! Sooo sorry you had all that trauma with the line. I do think it's great that you have a plan for next week so you can focus on other things before the surgery. I'm sure that will take some of the load (a tiny bit) off. So, stay in your comfy clothes, eat some yummy but good for you stuff and pamper yourself a bit. It's not an indulgence; it's surgery-prep so you'll be in a good frame of mind for it. So...be very, very nice to yourself for us, okay? :)

Phylis - Yay on clean chimneys so you can stay warm and not get smoked out. :)

Trudy - Sounds like a yummy & wonderful evening!

Sara - Yay on a good sleepover. It's so nice when it all goes well (nice kids, good clean fun and seeing your own kids enjoying their friends with no drama, etc). Keep fighting off those germies so you can come back and tell us how the Sunday shower goes. :)