Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, February 22

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Oh yeah, bay-beeeeeee! I slept until almost 5.30 am. dance4 I was down for the count before 10 pm, woke up at 12 to Whisky whining. Went to take her outside only to have Gary tell me that he *just* brought her back inside. I yelled at her- "Get back in here!"- and when she looked for her cookie, I said, you don't deserve a cookie for that! :rotfl:
Aside from that interruption, I slept well and I feel so much better this morning. I was dragging my butt all day yesterday so this is great!

I have no plans today! Kind of. :/ I have a ton of things I need to do around the house- laundry, bill paying, and giving the dogs their heartworm and tick meds. I also want to call a different FP to see if I can pick up a bag of staples. I am running out of everything, from mayo to paper towels. I'll have to run out to pick that up if I get through to the office/volunteer. I hope I can-- it's been two months since I was able to get to the one I usually go to (well-- I was there a few weeks ago but that was when I had to leave before I got any food) and what a huge difference. I am making pork chops for dinner tonight and that's almost the last of the meat that I've gotten there. Scott coming tonight, just him so I am making the pork chops, Kay's cinnamon sweet potatoes, and Trudy's asparagus. It's a grOup effOrt Hahahah!!

HAGD!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday That must have been scary, feeling so off balance when you woke up. Did it happen any more time yesterday? It sounds a lot like POTS- Postural Ortho/Oosteo/Orange/some word that begins with O/Tachycardia Syndrome. Lyme triggered that for me - your pulse rate rises rapidly and your BP drops when you go from lying down to standing. It feels very disorienting when it happens. My mom would say the same thing, she hated going to doctors and she'd put it off. Then Bam- that's all she does now- go to Drs. I hope that you get your health back on track so you don't have to go through that.
No need to thank us, we're here for you!
Do you have stairs in your house? As long as you have a sturdy railing, you can walk up and down the stairs to get some exercise without having to be too far from that bathroom. If you're not comfortable on the stairs, you can set a timer and walk around the house, start with 5 minutes, and go up from there. These are the things I suggest to my mom, so feel free to ignore me just like she does. :giggle4:

@BrightEyes I dunno, seems to me that if you are getting ready for Spring Ahead, you'd be waking up closer to sunrise, not before :p
Have you ever gone to the store for 1 item you must have and came home without it but with a lot of other stuff??? :lol23:
Who me? :angelwhistle: Nope, Never happens.
Did you get everything on your list? Any other surprises in your cart, as in "How did that box of donuts get in there??"

@taxed4ever Sheesh, I forgot all about the issues you had with your arm. Smart of you to get the CT scan anyway, even if you had to wait and wait.
Sorry that you missed the hike, but I wouldn't go in the rain either, even if I had the time. Did you get to do any fun crafting instead?
Thanks for the compliments! My eyebrows-- *blinks* too funny LOL! Scott was the murderer this time. There are three versions so if we play again it won't be him. I hope that Sam got a photo of the "body" - I had covered some pillows with a blanket and stuck my shoes under it. Whisky wanted to be a part of the game and was lying on top of the "body." Gary had an old-fashioned camera as part of his costume and was pretending to take photos but I really hope someone got actual photos.
Good luck to your ILs on the house hunting.

@Cherylndesigns I'm sure it had to be difficult to be at the doctor without Chuck but I am sure he'd be very proud of you for going. It's important even if it was just a med check.
Pat yourself on the back, my friend- you got a lot of phone calls made and a lot of progress.
Oh yes! Showers are much quicker when I don't; have to wash and dry my hair!

@pachimac Love the new avatar!! Hope you and the fam had a nice night out for sushi celebrations.

:grouphugyay:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Oh yeah, bay-beeeeeee! I slept until almost 5.30 am. dance4 I was down for the count before 10 pm, woke up at 12 to Whisky whining. Went to take her outside only to have Gary tell me that he *just* brought her back inside. I yelled at her- "Get back in here!"- and when she looked for her cookie, I said, you don't deserve a cookie for that! :rotfl:
Aside from that interruption, I slept well and I feel so much better this morning. I was dragging my butt all day yesterday so this is great!

I have no plans today! Kind of. :/ I have a ton of things I need to do around the house- laundry, bill paying, and giving the dogs their heartworm and tick meds. I also want to call a different FP to see if I can pick up a bag of staples. I am running out of everything, from mayo to paper towels. I'll have to run out to pick that up if I get through to the office/volunteer. I hope I can-- it's been two months since I was able to get to the one I usually go to (well-- I was there a few weeks ago but that was when I had to leave before I got any food) and what a huge difference. I am making pork chops for dinner tonight and that's almost the last of the meat that I've gotten there. Scott coming tonight, just him so I am making the pork chops, Kay's cinnamon sweet potatoes, and Trudy's asparagus. It's a grOup effOrt Hahahah!!

HAGD!
Hope you can get to a FP today. Loved the "grOup effOrt" comment! HA!!
Asher likes to pull stunts like that, only his usually involves trying to get more food, LOL!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday That must have been scary, feeling so off balance when you woke up. Did it happen any more time yesterday? It sounds a lot like POTS- Postural Ortho/Oosteo/Orange/some word that begins with O/Tachycardia Syndrome. Lyme triggered that for me - your pulse rate rises rapidly and your BP drops when you go from lying down to standing. It feels very disorienting when it happens. My mom would say the same thing, she hated going to doctors and she'd put it off. Then Bam- that's all she does now- go to Drs. I hope that you get your health back on track so you don't have to go through that.
No need to thank us, we're here for you!
Do you have stairs in your house? As long as you have a sturdy railing, you can walk up and down the stairs to get some exercise without having to be too far from that bathroom. If you're not comfortable on the stairs, you can set a timer and walk around the house, start with 5 minutes, and go up from there. These are the things I suggest to my mom, so feel free to ignore me just like she does. :giggle4:

@BrightEyes I dunno, seems to me that if you are getting ready for Spring Ahead, you'd be waking up closer to sunrise, not before :p

Who me? :angelwhistle: Nope, Never happens.
Did you get everything on your list? Any other surprises in your cart, as in "How did that box of donuts get in there??"

@taxed4ever Sheesh, I forgot all about the issues you had with your arm. Smart of you to get the CT scan anyway, even if you had to wait and wait.
Sorry that you missed the hike, but I wouldn't go in the rain either, even if I had the time. Did you get to do any fun crafting instead?
Thanks for the compliments! My eyebrows-- *blinks* too funny LOL! Scott was the murderer this time. There are three versions so if we play again it won't be him. I hope that Sam got a photo of the "body" - I had covered some pillows with a blanket and stuck my shoes under it. Whisky wanted to be a part of the game and was lying on top of the "body." Gary had an old-fashioned camera as part of his costume and was pretending to take photos but I really hope someone got actual photos.
Good luck to your ILs on the house hunting.

@Cherylndesigns I'm sure it had to be difficult to be at the doctor without Chuck but I am sure he'd be very proud of you for going. It's important even if it was just a med check.
Pat yourself on the back, my friend- you got a lot of phone calls made and a lot of progress.
Oh yes! Showers are much quicker when I don't; have to wash and dry my hair!

@pachimac Love the new avatar!! Hope you and the fam had a nice night out for sushi celebrations.

:grouphugyay:
You are too funny! Your mom sounds like my mom was.....stubborn about any suggestion.....unless it was her idea, LOL!
Fortunately, I did not have any more of those episodes yesterday! And I took Kay's advice about getting up slowly this morning so my body would have time to adjust to the change from lying down to getting up. Sat on the edge of the bed with my feet on the floor for a couple of seconds and then tested the floor while holding onto the side of the bed before I moved my feet! Thanks, @BrightEyes ! My son suffers from POTS, however, so it stands to reason that I might have that problem, too, so I will be very aware from now on. However, with his, he passes out!
This house is so full of "his" and "mine" and "ours" that there is probably only 50' of straight path to the whole house and that might be stretching it! No stairs, except to the basement.....and I "AIN'T" going there, LOL! I will just be careful going to the walking trail. I usually have a pretty good "heads up" if my IBS is going to go into "episode" mode!
Thank you for your cares and concerns.....ALL of you! :heartpumppink: :hug2:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
41 feel like 36 going up to 63 at 4PM today! A little cloudy, but mostly sunny!
Yesterday on my walk the wind was not quite as bad until the last lap. I got 3 laps in, which was 180 feet shy of 1 mile! Why they didn't add 60 more feet to the path so that 3 laps would be an even mile, I do not know! But, I'm counting it as a mile! ;)

I need to go to Best Buy and get a printer today. Hopefully I will come home with one so I can print out the tax documents and work on our taxes today! And I want to go to Bath and Body while in that neck of the woods to get my favorite Japanese Cherry Blossom shower gel that is on sale today, Buy 3 Get 3! Plus I have a $10 off $30 coupon. Plus, I think I can use my 20% off coupon I have. So I am thinking I'll get $90 "worth" of product for around $30! Wish me luck (even though I don't believe in luck, LOL)!

I haven't heard back from the Rehab place about setting up the nerve conduction test on my left arm yet. I did get her notes from our consultation from Tuesday. She copied my PC doctor, but I don't know if she has seen it yet. I really want her input on the direction to take regarding which treatment for the osteoporosis to go with. The Rehab doctor wants to do the monthly shot. The PC doctor wants to do a once-a-year infusion. I'll bet that will be pretty expensive! But might be cheaper in the long run compared to $12,000 for the total of 12 monthly shots! Anyone have any input on that? Any experience with or know someone who has had those infusions/shots? I sent the PC a message yesterday to give her a heads up but I haven't heard back from her yet.

Ended up going to lunch with Mark and Noah again yesterday. I went to the walking track down the street from Mark's shop before I came home which worked out great!

I had one of my IBS episodes at church last night! My stomach started with the very loud gurgling (during prayer, of course!). I left the room on the second gurgle! Ended up spending most of the time in the bathroom and then went to the nursery next door because I felt like the episode wasn't over. After the service the little girl (granddaughter to our pastor/biking friends), who had decided to sit by me last night, came up to me and asked, "Where did you go?" with her sad little eyes. I felt bad for rushing out and leaving her like that, but I had no choice! Her grandma said she sat there by Mark and was as quiet as a mouse. She is a cute little girl, but she is totally spoiled by her grandma and gets away with a lot more than she should! I guess grandma figures she can spoil her and then send her home, LOL! However, it is coming back to bite grandma. Mark happened to be at their house on Saturday after he and Bobby (our pastor) went to the gun show and little Ellie was there with her grandma. She was acting up and not listening so badly that it even made Mark mad! And he told Ellie so! Not sure is she straightened up after that or not! HA!

Well, that's about it for me. I need to get dressed so I can go run my errands. Ilene is gonna want me to come over today, but I'm going to put her off until tomorrow as I need to go get that printer while I feel like it! Wish me luck! I need one that will be compatible with my Mac laptop AND my Samsung laptop AND has blue tooth capability for Mark's phone!

I did communicate with Ona yesterday and she has given me the OK to take some time off from the team until my health issues are at least getting better! I told her it might take a year. She said no downloading kits during that time (which I knew) but I was welcome to post anything in the CT tracker thread if I had any mojo to do any pages with my stash while taking time off!

HAGD :waving3::heartpumppink::hug4:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. It must be a good day for everyone sleep-wise. I slept in until 5:45AM!!! Woke up and looked out the patio door to see a bright moon shining down on it. WOW, it was like a spotlight!! Still cold at that time - right at freezing but will be in the low 60's late this afternoon.

Boy, was it a busy day yesterday. I did get my new double-shower head first thing. The rain shower-head is larger than my old showerhead as is the hand-held shower head. Can't wait to get it installed. I forgot to check in the garage to see if I still have some thread tape to use with it. Had my hearing check done... and as I thought... it has declined more than from my last check. She adjusted my hearing aids so they work better. Made it to WM and picked up several things I needed... but they didn't have the right SD disk for my camera. Beginning to think I might need to buy a new camera that uses the new micro disk which means getting a new battery charger for the new one... etc... etc... Going to have to make a decision on that soon as the memory disk in my camera is almost totally full!!! I ended up taking over 100+ photos this month due to the cable-wire installation on our street plus some for the 100 day Challenge. I did call the car dealership yesterday about the "warning" signal that the car is overdue for an oil change - even though it was just done. The mechanic forgot to reset it when they did the oil change. I don't need an appointment to get it done - just bring it by when it is convenient.

I scrapped a couple of LOs for a soon to be released collection for Karen Schulz last evening. And I am looking forward to the Color Play collections being released today/tomorrow. Loving the soft colors in this month's Color Play.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... It will be a quick post from me this morning as I am off to run some errands to get ready for our getaway long weekend to the Spa and Seaside Resort. We have a full day tomorrow when we arrive and will be getting a couples massage and then spend a couple of hours in the beautiful grotto that they have there. I need to drag out our suitcase and get things packed. DH has blood work very early in the morning and then we are off to Parksville a beautiful 2 hour drive that takes us along the Ocean. It is supposed to be a lovely day so perhaps a walk along the beach after we get settled in or perhaps that will wait until Saturday. While DH is at the lab I need to get my layout posted to @BrightEyes challenge #6 I used one of the Color Play kits for it so can't post it until the morning. Anyway I am late and need to leave right away, hope you all have a wonderful Thursday and I will try to catch up with you either later today or first thing in the morning. :waving3:

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good morning all,
It's a beautiful day here - currently 68 and going up to 71. I'm hopeful that Ava can get my bench put together this week. Well, you know the saying "the best laid plans..............the doctor's office called me yesterday and said they were going to have to reschedule my appointment. The complex had NO power - no internet, nothing - not even phones. She had to walk to another building to make her phone calls. So, I'm rescheduled for next Tuesday at 3:45. But at least I have my hair washed. I'll have to wash it again before then, though. :giggle4:

The girls and I moved my office into Chuck's over the weekend, so now it's "our office" as Kay said yesterday @BrightEyes (The girls being Adrienne and Ava.) They did a complete makeover - the MBR and my "old office' looks like a magazine layout. My office was just a "bump-out at the back of the MBR, with it's own door out to the patio. It was pretty cluttered most of the time, which wasn't very "relaxing" for a bedroom, but it was an office at least. It now looks like a serenity space. It's so much brighter in the new office, with the light coming in that big window and a view of the foothills. My office was on the back of the house so didn't get a lot of natural light until late afternoon.

Anyhoo, after they rescheduled my appt. I took that opportunity to continue getting organized in my new space and to work on my project for the 100 Day Challenge. I decided to do a digital ATC. We have found some great stuff - Chuck's mom was the oriiginal scrapbooker. We found a wooden scrapbook that has wood carving on it - from the 1940's. She even has those little sticky letters and numbers on the pages. I remember those and she secured the pictures with those little corners. The pictures are in amazing shape for as long as they've been in there. A few of them have yellowed, but the old black and white ones look great. I'll be trying to scan them eventually. I DO remember him showing me that book, but it was several years ago and he had it packed away in a box up on the shelf of his closet.

I'll try to do some personals later on. I didn't sleep very well last night for some reason (too much on my mind and I couldn't shut it off). Then my RLS kicked in and I was done. I'm going to talk to my doctor about maybe bumping in up to two a day, or doubling the dose. My sister takes 4 a day at intervals, with the last one at bedtime. They don't have a chance to "build up" that way.

Hugs to all and I'll stop back when I'm more awake.
XOXO

Last edited: