Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, February 18

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
*cue Rolling Stones saxophone music*
I'm just waitin' on the snow, do doo do do dooo yah yah...

I am breathing a sigh of relief, we went from the snow starting overnight last night to mid-morning today and then from 8" now down to 5-6". If that adds up to a little less shoveling and scraping, I will take it. Winter stinks. I am hitting that point where my Seasonal Affective Disorder makes me want to do nothing at all but sleep and eat carbs. OK, honestly that is me on a good day ;) but SAD makes it all-encompassing. I have my therapy light on right now, sat in front of it for a long time yesterday but it is not the same as being outside. I know that I should really *do* something, I utterly incapable of figuring out what to do.

Good news/not-so-good news. I finished the second mitten- yay!!!! I miscounted rows and the second mitten was longer than the first- boo!!!! After all of that time crocheting, I had to rip the entire thing out. *grumbles* I wish I was the kind of person that could sit and relax a bit because sure, crocheting the mitten again *should* count as a project but in my odd mindset, that isn't doing something.
@felis- in my searching from Crocheting information yesterday I found these: Crochet School and Crocheting101. I am thinking that maybe I should go back to basics and figure why I keep making silly mistakes. Maybe these will help you too.

Other than complaining about life in general, I didn't do much of anything yesterday and think I will do the same today. Aren't I a brilliant basket of sunshine? :cool: o_O This too shall pass. I just need to get through the next few weeks.
Oh-- one more bit of good news, I was tagging some things in ACDSee and I found two LOs of Christopher that I did in 2020 that didn't get copied into the folder of pages for the album. That makes it 12/20 pages done!

Sending everyone love and hugs!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Trudy- isn't it the truth, how one day is no different than the next. And the next...
Although, I have to say that your day at the pool was quite different and not in a good way. OMG, yikes!!!! I would have wanted to bleach myself! I got the heebeejeebees just thinking about it. ick. I am sorry to hear that you need to make sympathy cards :(
Did you make it out for a walk? Hope you did!
My mom is - SMDH-- I don't have words sometimes hahaha!!! Cait told Scott the story at dinner last night and he was cracking up at her too. Now we are joking that we are going to duct tape her hands to her sides. If she sees something that is gross in her mind, she raises her hands up by her ears and shakes them saying "eeeeewwwewwwwww" She might react that way inadvertently when she meets Tom so we are going to have to take preventative measures.:p:p:p
I can't even imagine flowers and green and grass at this point. We still have feet of snow piled on the lawn. The only place you can see any grass at all is over the septic tank and that will be covered again today. Next time you are outside, can you take a pic of the daffodils so I can see them growing? Please?

Kay-- congrats!!!!!!!!! So happy that you got an appt!! Hope that it goes smoothly and you don't have to wait in your car too long.

@Cherylndesigns I hope that you see the warmer temps soon. We are still in the 20s and I am anxiously awaiting the day we get into the 50s. What a great idea for the hairdryer to warm up the pipes, you def. don't want to go too quickly. Your family is such a great team! Bet it never felt so good to have water :D
Is your stepson doing ok in Dallas with power? Hope he is.
I am so sorry for being a terrible person, but I am visualizing all of your trucks stuck on your property and the rest of you getting rescued by your SIL. It is like an episode of Ice Road Truckers but in OK!

@felis- my mom is a trip. :p I already told Caitlyn that if I noticed something "off" like I did with Brendan I wasn't going to keep my mouth shut this time around. Brendan was fine as a HS boyfriend but not for a long-term one. She is also checking in with herself and how he makes her feel about herself. Already she says what a difference, that Tom is not threatened by her intelligence like the other one was. She is also adamant that she won't make the relationship official until they go on an actual date-- Middle School dating doesn't count heh.
That Middleton is so cute and when they give you that face-- it really is hard to resist. He is still young, it took W a long time to settle down with us.

@nancyr You are so lucky that the glass didn't crack when you were in the car. And it is really ok to drive with it that cracked? Be careful!
That is so funny about the eye exam. The last time I went, the Dr was so animated showing me the eye photos. I mean, lit up over the moon excited! You know that a person is in the right field when they are that happy. So neat that you get a kick out of it too. Good idea rescheduling everything, are you getting more ice than snow this time or snow? Stay warm!
That is a good point about the insulation needing to be good in the summer in the homes in TX. None of it makes sense, just so sad. OTOH- It is maddening seeing the politicians blaming the Green New Deal-- which doesn't exist except on paper!- for the blackouts. *rolls eyes*

@LSlycord *fingers/toes all crossed that Sydney stays healthy* Does she need to get tested at any point or it is just having to wait until the incubation period passes? NJ had its share of issues and mistakes in the beginning, but FL seems to be a world unto its own with its weird (non) restrictions. Guess all you can do is be safe as you can be.
I am sure I will have stories to share when my family all gets to be together again. It is gonna be WILD! ha!

xoxoxo

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning everyone! The sky is grey this morning, I liked yesterdays blue sunny sky much better! Well I am off to the pool again today, sure hope that the water is warmer and free of you know what :eek:!! I did get out for a walk yesterday and it was nice to have the sun on my face, but oh that breeze was very cool!! Glad that I wore my mitts! I got one sympathy card done and started on Sadie's birthday card. Got my layout posted and will see what inspires me to try and get another page done today. Had a long face time with Heather and Hunter this morning and they are getting more snow today. Hunter let me read two stories to him and then he wanted me to watch him play Mario Smash. He is so funny and when he gets to a new level he jumps up and down and says "I Win, I Win" then he does a little dance :D. I love that kid!! Not much else happening here today, so I better get my bag packed and get ready for my swim.

@faerywings - Chris I will take a photo of my daffodils after the snow is all gone in the back and I can get to them. Could not believe how many buds are on the Hydrangea Bush! I should be out there taking the dead blossoms off and trimming it way down, but still too much snow on the front yard to do that. Hopefully it will be gone in the next few days. Sure hope that you can get out in the fresh air and sunshine soon! It sure does make a body feel good to get that Vitamin D! Hope that the therapy light does help you even if its just a bit! Yup Winter sucks and not being able to go anywhere or do anything certainly does help one bit! Sending you lots of virtual sunshine and warm weather! ((((hugs))))!!

@BrightEyes - Kay so glad that you are able to get your vaccination! Hope that it is pain free and no ill effects from it! Yes my heart went out for who ever had the accident in the pool, hopefully things are back to normal there today! They have been so great at the pool for keeping all of safe, its why I continue to go, I know that they are very strict with the rules there!

@Cherylndesigns - Well happy to hear that the water issues are solved, but oh my now more stuff going on! Hope you get your car back soon so you can get out and find some WiFi somewhere! I can't imagine how frustrated you all must feel!

@felis - Yes it is best that none of us knew who had the accident in the pool, I feel so badly for however it was! Hey a hibernation day is good, I would like one of those days today too, but I have a spot at the pool that I have paid for so better just go and get in my excercise.

@nancyr - Yup I only like the nice warm pool too, but I was there and ready to swim so had to get into that chilly water, if only for a short time. Hopefully today will be warmer temps! Hooray for your Devils beating those Rangers! That must have made you very happy! Looking forward to the game tonight! Hope that your car is fixed soon and ya those photos of the eyeball are really great aren't they! My eye dr. gets very excited about them too, they are so interesting to look at! Glad to hear that your eyes are good and having another pair of glasses is a good thing! I am always searching for mine LOL

@LSlycord - I forgot that your Shaun was/is a lifeguard, hope he never has to evacuate the pool for such an incident!!

Ok I have spent far too much time here and need to get my swim bag ready and get out of my PJ's! Have a great day everyone!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Lots of work today so not much time online but that's ok, that's how it goes with my job some days. Went out into the garden for a few minutes to play with the new camera and took a few pics. The quality definitely isn't as good as my dslr but it makes up for it in FUN! I can sit on the porch and take pics anywhere in the yard, zooming in and not being close enough to spook the birds. Can't wait to venture out on some photo walks with it.

Jen is packing, moving out next Thurs. I'm happy for her, she'll be able to see B almost every day and they will facetime with me a few times a week until covid restrictions are lifted and I can see her too. D is home with a back/hip injury. The hospital wasn't any help, they sent him home saying "yes, look like a back injury, call your GP". Poor guy. Now both of us are feeble :)

@taxed4ever How funny about your dream. Yes, I would love to take photos some day of both of you. Hope the pool experience is better today...gross.

@faerywings That sucks about the crocheting. Hope the shoveling is not necessary today. I'm happy that we only had 2 days of shoveling which Jen was able to do for us. D and I have been talking and we're going to look at homes that don't require so much maintenance. We are both getting too old and with our bad backs, can't do much outdoor stuff now.

I'd better cut this short and get back to work. I'll be scrambling this afternoon to get it all done by dinnertime. Have a good day everyone.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Well, the day is just about gone and I finally have time to get in here. Whew... was a bit of a busy time a bit earlier this morning. Got my shower done early but needed to wait until after 9AM before venturing out on the roads. I didn't have snow here but it had and was snowing down in Albuquerque... thank goodness it was just a light fall by the time I headed that way. Dropped off my tax papers then headed back toward RR. Stopped at the Credit Union then crossed the street to the veggie market. Nice to have some fresh fruit again. Then stopped by the $Tree (in the same parking lot) and picked up some snacks and a few other things. Stopped off at Burger King for an early lunch @ 11AM - doing the drive thru but parking in their lot to eat it. Then headed back down the hill and over to Corrales Center. I was the 2nd car in line for the vaccine. Waited about an hour then they started processing us back to where they were set up for the shots. I had a 2PM appt - first appts that were given - but they started giving shots by 1:30 so glad I had arrived early. Had to wait 30 minutes afterwards as I have an allergy to another drug and they wanted to make sure there was no reaction to the vaccine. We parked in another lot and waited the time out. I had a book to read and the workers would walk around the cars checking to make sure every one was doing okay. They had Paramedics standing by just in case. This was such an easy access and so stress-free - so am hoping that is where I get my 2nd dose in March. Of course, the temp was still in the low 30's but the sun was shining so the car stayed nice and warm even without running the engine.

Decided to wait until tomorrow to go grocery shopping during senior hours. Ran out of liquid creamer several days ago and almost out of powdered creamer now plus several other 'must have' things. The store is always busy by Friday afternoon and all weekend.

Guess all the running around and being gone from home most of the day has made me feel tired... so going to put the feet up and rest a bit. CYL

nancyr

Well it was a snowy day. Another about 5 inches of snow. We went out in the morning to walk Luther. He had such a great time. He is one tired dog now. My DH shoveled again. The news said that last year's total snow was less than 5 inches - this year we have already had 37 inches and over 24 in February. I love fresh snow. I know every time I write this Chris cringes. Sorry! Not many had shoveled when we were out walking so we walked in the street and got honked at lol. Good thing I have a bright pink coat! They were mad just wanted me to know they were there. Still watching Heartland. Now tonight my Devils play the Bruins. The Bruins are Trudy's and her MG's fav team. I am hoping my team can slow them down - they are a great team. Made a gnocchi with brussel sprouts. It was really good. My DH does not usually like brussel sprouts but some how the flavors of red pepper flakes, honey, and butter worked.

@faerywings Chris so sorry you are having a tough time with this time of the year. Glad you have your light to help. At least your kids make you laugh! That is a bummer about the mitten not being the same length. When I was knitting mittens or sleeves to a sweater it was suggested that I do them both at the same time. It worked really well. Not sure that can be done with crocheting though. I love how there are Youtube videos that can help with problems. Chris I only drove to the eye doctor's office as it is almost impossible to get an appointment. It is only a couple miles from me. That was it - the car is now sitting in the drive way.

@taxed4ever Trudy hope swimming went better today. I am not cheering for the Bruins LOL. I only have one player left on the Covid list. Yea! How fun to be able to read to Hunter. Not sure I would be as good at watching him play his video game. I never liked watching my own kids play.

@BrightEyes Kay sounds like your appointment went well. I know we had paramedics in the waiting room after my vaccine too. I have not heard of many having reactions but so glad they are there. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished before the vaccine. I think I am going to have to ask one of my kids to go to the store for me or take me as I will run out of what I consider essentials.

@bcgal00 Rae it seems like it is so soon for Jen to move out. Poor Taz. I love the photos with your new camera. It is making me rethink what I want to do next as my camera body needs fixing.

Hope every one is staying warm!

LSlycord

@faerywings we just wait to get through incubation. I am not too worried. We are very careful. We all wear masks at all times that we are out. Sydney and Shaun eat lunch together at school while sitting outside. No one else at their table. They are behind screens at their desks and they both still wear masks.

@taxed4ever Shaun’s life guarding has involved more badly behaved adults than anything else. Adults sitting around inside the pool fencing, drinking alcohol, which is prohibited. He had to make them leave last summer. He just politely and firmly insisted that they leave. Even when they said no. He handles himself well. Most of the community pools he life guards at have quite high disposable incomes and it shows. I think he is doing it again this summer.

@BrightEyes happy dance that you got your vaccination. Sounds like a very busy day but oh so productive!

@nancyr I remember walking in the street plenty of times when there was just no where else to walk because of the snow.

@bcgal00 I think that the new camera sounds fantastic. i love my DSLR but it can be a bit much to haul around sometimes.

Looking forward to the weekend! I need to get a few more pages scrapped.

felis

Hello girls!
I was able to compensate my yesterday's laziness with hard work and life have balans.
I took pics of the first snowy day and will make page. But this morning when I should, I didn't feel it right to exalt the precious of the winter days when so many people suffer at the moment. Maybe in Monday will try again. Contamination, flood (technically snow storm but it will melted at some point), let's the grasshoppers comes, it obviously that the One Above is mad on us! I'm not sure about that, but I see here it's a thing, so you'll be relief to know that my mom got her second vaccine today. She is in something called "second priority group" people who work with children or elders. So yes she receive that easy. It's not clear when and did my dad will get his, as he insist to choose which model/mark to be used for him.

Chris, thank you so much for the links, I'll check them too! I'm so excited about my amigurumi and hope tomorrow to be able to share some progress. I have, but I'm not take any pictures yet, as will try on day light. I hope you're right about T, as Cait deserve happiness and someone to make her italian diner at the weekends and bring her to Italy at summer!
Sorry to hear about your Seasonal Affective Disorder, I'm same but at Spring time. And I understand you so well about the crocheting to! Knitting is count as active meditation, but actually to following patterns strains me. At least in crocheting to rip few rows is not so dramatic as in knitting project! I was messed the counting and had to go back and was so nice surprised how easy that is!!! But is it supposed to be so difficult to pull the yarn from the holes and even from the stitches? Was necessary to use lots of strength and my hand get tired. I suspect that yarn not match with the needle number, as I don't keep the labels to most of the yarn. Now I want to buy one of these sets with multiple size of needles, as I have one with big, but only 2 the small needles for amigurumi. In knitting needle size is not so important, or at least I'm not feels trouble with the set I have. Won't you show us the mittens?

And this is question to all others:
Should I start separate topic about crocheting, to not bored you at the daily chat or you are OK with that?

Trudy, oooh, Hunter is so cute! Umm, here I have to show disagree with Nancy, @nancyr sorry darling, but, but to watch someone to play video game is fun and even addictive. There is whole youtube channels when people share how they plays, it's a trend. So except wonderful grandma Trudy is also very fency (as usual)!
Hope you'll be able to enjoy your swimming! Did boys gave up and was hair cut at home?

Rae, how bad about your husband! I hope his back will be better soon!

Kay, OMG, how to not feel tired after so many cross off tasks, bravo for your productive day!

Nancy, as I wrote above about the Mario game, you are lucky to be married, and not to have date in situation of pandemic! Most of the dates are watching someone to play Mario or FIFA, while you're playing with his cat (yes I really mean cat, gosh, for what you're thinking)! lol :cool:
I love fresh snow too! The drivers are morons, here no one shoveled outside and no one honked, except if he don't want snowball at the windows! We just walked in the street.

@LSlycord Linda, sorry for the missed Olympiad! In that day I left angry face to your explanation about the nonsense at the quarantine rules as I obviously was mad to the situation, but now I'm wondering maybe I shouldn't give bad reactions. How this is read by the forum algorithms, did someone have idea? I wasn't considered it properly, please accept my apologies! OK, I fixed it! It's easier than I expected. Excuse me again!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello everybody. Hugs and waves all around.

Well, the car is still sitting down at the barn at the bottom of the hill. SIL is going to try to VROOMMMM it up the hill tomorrow and get it back up here. I don't know why because we'll be afraid to drive it back down. LOL @faerywings that is a funny thought and so true about all the cars and trucks sitting down at the bottom of the hill. Plus, Ava had a dead battery. I yi yi yi yi. SO much excitement - how much can one person stand???

It's a good thing that we "have nowhere to go and all day to get there". ROTF

We got a little more snow - it is beautiful - I'm ready for the 57 degrees that's coming next week though.

Yes, my stepson is fine. They never lost power either. SO many in Texas have, though! They're not prepared for this either. When we lived in Michigan, the snowplow would be out the minute the snow started. They also had a huge supply of salt, too. That was probably the most well prepared state as far as snow went. They really know how to rock it!

Ava went to the store for us today - since we didn't have a car. She always offers to go, but Chuck likes to go (normally). He let her go today. She got our groceries and stuff for dinner. They all came over and we had a "buffet". We all sat and watched YouTube - funny videos, on TV. We have wifi TV and we also bought a Roku which gets us quite a bit. After they left, we watched one episode of "Call The Midwife" then we shut it down for the night.

Group hug to all.

LSlycord

Hello girls!
I was able to compensate my yesterday's laziness with hard work and life have balans.
I took pics of the first snowy day and will make page. But this morning when I should, I didn't feel it right to exalt the precious of the winter days when so many people suffer at the moment. Maybe in Monday will try again. Contamination, flood (technically snow storm but it will melted at some point), let's the grasshoppers comes, it obviously that the One Above is mad on us! I'm not sure about that, but I see here it's a thing, so you'll be relief to know that my mom got her second vaccine today. She is in something called "second priority group" people who work with children or elders. So yes she receive that easy. It's not clear when and did my dad will get his, as he insist to choose which model/mark to be used for him.

Chris, thank you so much for the links, I'll check them too! I'm so excited about my amigurumi and hope tomorrow to be able to share some progress. I have, but I'm not take any pictures yet, as will try on day light. I hope you're right about T, as Cait deserve happiness and someone to make her italian diner at the weekends and bring her to Italy at summer!
Sorry to hear about your Seasonal Affective Disorder, I'm same but at Spring time. And I understand you so well about the crocheting to! Knitting is count as active meditation, but actually to following patterns strains me. At least in crocheting to rip few rows is not so dramatic as in knitting project! I was messed the counting and had to go back and was so nice surprised how easy that is!!! But is it supposed to be so difficult to pull the yarn from the holes and even from the stitches? Was necessary to use lots of strength and my hand get tired. I suspect that yarn not match with the needle number, as I don't keep the labels to most of the yarn. Now I want to buy one of these sets with multiple size of needles, as I have one with big, but only 2 the small needles for amigurumi. In knitting needle size is not so important, or at least I'm not feels trouble with the set I have. Won't you show us the mittens?

And this is question to all others:
Should I start separate topic about crocheting, to not bored you at the daily chat or you are OK with that?

Trudy, oooh, Hunter is so cute! Umm, here I have to show disagree with Nancy, @nancyr sorry darling, but, but to watch someone to play video game is fun and even addictive. There is whole youtube channels when people share how they plays, it's a trend. So except wonderful grandma Trudy is also very fency (as usual)!
Hope you'll be able to enjoy your swimming! Did boys gave up and was hair cut at home?

Rae, how bad about your husband! I hope his back will be better soon!

Kay, OMG, how to not feel tired after so many cross off tasks, bravo for your productive day!

Nancy, as I wrote above about the Mario game, you are lucky to be married, and not to have date in situation of pandemic! Most of the dates are watching someone to play Mario or FIFA, while you're playing with his cat (yes I really mean cat, gosh, for what you're thinking)! lol :cool:
I love fresh snow too! The drivers are morons, here no one shoveled outside and no one honked, except if he don't want snowball at the windows! We just walked in the street.

@LSlycord Linda, sorry for the missed Olympiad! In that day I left angry face to your explanation about the nonsense at the quarantine rules as I obviously was mad to the situation, but now I'm wondering maybe I shouldn't give bad reactions. How this is read by the forum algorithms, did someone have idea? I wasn't considered it properly, please accept my apologies! OK, I fixed it! It's easier than I expected. Excuse me again!
i totally understood your angry face @felis and would have done the same thing. No worries here. And I enjoy hearing about your crocheting. At some point I might become inspired To begin a project myself!