Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Thursday February 18

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
One day down, 2 more to go for our short school week. But am I really ready for 2 more days off? Gah.... not sure about that!

But good news, today I am working at my MIL's so that gets me out of the house a bit. Staying home every day is wearing on me. I know it is wearing on Gary and Scott- hence all of the bickering.

Also we have 10 more days to make our posting goals for anyone who is in the Feb Posting Challenge- I don't think I am going to make it but I will try my best.

I am going to to do my ToT and then hit personals... and this time I really am going to do them.

ToT-
I want to get in the car and just drive south- till I hit warm sunny weather and perhaps a gorgeous beach!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Linda S- woo hoo to a "no shovel day." We had just snow flurries yesterday but it snowed so much the day before, that I had to keep shoveling and scraping so we didn't get all of that ice build-up.
Oh and get this- how scary....
Tuesday night, Scott is across the street shoveling a neighbor's drive way- Gary and I peek out the window, and see my friend/neighbor who lives across the street- her car slid across the road. We see her walking down her driveway-- her car was in Park and had emergency brake on- and *still* slid down her driveway on its own. Thankfully- no one got hurt and her car just slid into some bushes, but how insane is that???

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
andrea- yeah it does seem like a lot of us are quiet- looking forward to spring and fresh air!
I am really really glad to hear Vince is bored too. That is the best news I can imagine. And he comes home for a break in April? Are you counting the days?
How are things going with Genny?

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Hi Clara!!! I missed reading up and commenting on your funny life LOL
You surviving Kato? (The guest who never leaves...hahah!)

AndreaNyx- how is your baby-girl today? Hope she is feeling better. Yay for bubble gum meds LOL

Linda W- huge hugs!! Hope that you are feeling better today. Glad that Cameran makes you smile- G-kids are good for the soul!

Laurie- hope your back is feeling better! I can relate to the stiff and sore.

And to everyone else- loves and hugs!

hondachicc

Okay girlies...a quick run in for me.....I went to the gallery first. ~GASP~ I just love it there!!! I stayed too long!!! now it's time for my babies to get here.....

Shhhhhh...don't say this too loud, but they are not calling for any snow this weekend ~happy dance~

We are actually looking at mid 40's....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were suppose to go on our little weekend get away this weekend, but DH wants to get some things done since the sun will be out all weekend. So we are waiting a couple of more weeks.

Feeling a bit better today...so I should be able to get off the couch today...

I better run...gotta get DH out of the door too!!

MY ToT....that Chris will pick me up as she drives South to warmer weather (I am right on the way) and I know where a lot of good beaches are;)

LaurieW

lOve the O!
morning all my "O" friends! I slept 10 hours- still feel stiff, but I think a shower and a short walk on the treadmill should get my body moving.

chris- scary about the car- hope you get out today

nana linda- hope your energy stays all day

everyone else- have wonderful days off

I have 2 days off plus the weekend- lost one day off to having to work to get our therapy rooms switched around- so here I go- planning a big clutter brigade, sewing and of course- scrapping!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
I love my days home all by myself, they allow me to really connect with my inner being and get alot accomplished with no one in the way- that said- mr. gorgeous is on his way home sick-so these two days off to accomplish alot- yeah not so much- now I must go clean up the house and shovel the drive as he arrives home in 3 hours- yikes-

LaurieW

lOve the O!
and when he calls he says - did you pick up instant breakfast - me- umm no when I asked you told me no- so I didn't - he uses instant breakfast with raw egg as his cure all for every type of illness- okay, now I'm off to get stuff done

LaughingSun

quick update... I have a 'baby piper' (Kylie's cabbage patch kid lol) crawling all over me...

Kylie is MUCH better. did her 3 doses of meds yesturday + tylenol and she's almost like new today :) DH even got her to do a 'potty run' at 12:30am so he could get in her 3rd dose for the day! She was a breeze & just went right back to sleep.

I have a doc appt today to see about the sinus infection :)

off to get those kids fed... arg, they are restless. we've been in this house SO much the last couple of weeks!

LaurieW

lOve the O!
So- dh calls to find out what store to buy his instant breakfast in and I tell him I am paying someone to plow our driveway- he did not sound happy, but he is sick and i am not going to throw my back out, it is above freezing so the snow will be very heavy and not go through the snow blower- men

andrea nyx- hope you get well soon.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Good morning...9 days...sorry...that was mean, but I am just so excited. I swear I would take each and every one of you with me. So, last night was Dave Ramsey night. We learned about how to deal with creditors and our Fico score. I found out that Dave Ramsey doesn't have a credit score because he has no debt and has had no debt in several years. You can't have a credit score if you have no debt and haven't had any debt in years. Hmmm...how cool would that be to have no debt and have no need for a credit score?? That would be cool. So, I also have realized I need to redo mt budget just a little bit, and I can pay off more stuff a little bit faster. I'm pretty excited about that. I just want to build up my emergency fund just a little bit. I know our transmission is going to go out and $1000 is just not going to cover that. I am excited to know that we will be getting stuff paid off though. It is awesome.

So, in the mornings I sit and do laundry and watch Saving Grace after I take Ethan to the bus stop before I have to leave for work. But Dave decided to wake up. So instead he sat talking to me and I didn't get to watch Saving Grace. Lame. Last night him and Derek were talking about how Dave could have come on the cruise with us but I didn't send him the e-mails. Oh, ooops. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad guy, but I don't want him to come on my vacation. It just isn't as much fun. I was really happy last night though. He came to our financial class at the church. I thought for sure he would spout off something or other about my church. I was all prepared to have some "I don't care" comment to throw back to not get into a debate about religion. Because I wasn't going there. But it didn't happen. It was great. The class was a great class about creditors and he agreed with everything and so it worked out perfectly. he is very argumentative, so i was happy. Yay! I think they are going snowboarding tomorrow. Derek has a free pass. Yay!!

Wow..I am just rambling and rambling away here, aren't I? I'd better hop off of here. I jus got a free coffee, so I'd better go drink it. But before I do...

Chris - I'm glad you are getting out of the house. I wish you could all get out. Staying in can't be good for all of you. I'm glad nobody got hurt with the slippery car situation. Crazy!!

LindaW - Whah on not getting away, but maybe you'll go someplace when it is even warmer and it will be even more fun. I hope you do something fun anyway. Glad you are feeling a little better today.

Laurie - I hope you get stuff done anyway, even with hubby home sick. And eww on his home remedy. That sounds like it would make me sick, not make me well.

Andrea - Glad Kylie is feeling better. Ear infections are the worst. Addie came into our room last night sweating, but she was okay. I just let her crawl into bed and snugle and she was good to go and so was I. I love it when they crawl in bed and snuggle with me. It is so sweet.

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
Laurie - You are much tougher than me...I would always have someone plow my driveway, not just when the snow was heavy but every time it snowed. It would be automatic and they would send me a bill. That's just how it would be. And my driveway is only about 20 feet long. I am such a baby.

LaughingSun

just got back from the doc. yep, a sinus infection... AND an ear infection lol. She was all shocked that I wasn't dieing in pain b/c my ear drum is perforated on one side. I'm pretty sure it's been like that for YEARS so it really doesn't bother me too much anymore lol. It was kinda funny tho, her reaction and my nonchalant response ;) Kylie was her cute self as usual and knocked the doc off her feet lol. She's got the gorgeous blond curlies & the bright blue eyes... and right now a rug burn on her nose where she fell off the bed lol.

ok... got to have some lunch, then get some work done if I can before M gets home from school.

LaughingSun

Laurie - You are much tougher than me...I would always have someone plow my driveway, not just when the snow was heavy but every time it snowed. It would be automatic and they would send me a bill. That's just how it would be. And my driveway is only about 20 feet long. I am such a baby.

we get a plow service. we pay in advance every year and they come after it snows 2 inches :) it's pretty fantastic :)

LaurieW

lOve the O!
I'm just cheap- in NYS we had a lawn tractor with snow blower and dh took care of it, when it got real bad, he would bring home a tractor and bucket from the farm and do a major sweep- here in OH- we get very little snow relatively speaking and have only had to hire it done 4 times in 7 winters- just bought our first hand operated snow blower last winter as dh is gone during the week and the driveway is too big to do by hand early in the morning!.

Andrea NYX- I hear you on the ear infections- I would get them regularly as a child, and when my baby got them, so did I.

clara- glad to hear you are enjoying and learning a lot with your class and I agree I would not a friend to go along on my vacation- unless said friend brought woman friend along- my vacation is my time with my honey- unless it is a sister trip- no men allowed- those are great fun!

LSlycord

Good evening ladies! Nice to see all of you this evening.

Laurie--my brother has been plowing our driveway with his truck and blade since we moved back to Iowa 11 years ago. This fall he sold it. I tried to talk DH into buying a snow blower but he insisted we didn't need it. Don't really know why...just one of those funny things. So what happened to us this year....we're in the top 10 snowfalls of all time...and definitely will be making top 5. Not good timing. Next year we will have a snowblower...and maybe that will keep the snow away! I'd consider it a very good investment if I couldn't take that snowblower out for the entire winter. :)

Clara, 9 days...not mean at all! How can we live vicariously if you don't tell us when you're going?

clarabear

always chatty at the O!!
clara- glad to hear you are enjoying and learning a lot with your class and I agree I would not a friend to go along on my vacation- unless said friend brought woman friend along- my vacation is my time with my honey- unless it is a sister trip- no men allowed- those are great fun!

We are actually going in a large group of 16 people total. I just wouldn't want him to come if he didn't have a girlfriend coming along either and you never know if he'll have a girlfriend because he is perpetually single. I don't mind me and dh splitting up and doing things on our own on a vacation because we want to do different things but not because he doesn't want someone else to be all alone. That would be LAME!!!! But he's not going. So it doesn't matter.

Linda - I think if there is ever snow on the ground more than a month out of the year you should have a snowblower. But that is just me. WE only get snow a couple of days a year, if that. I have a hard time buying a good sled.

So, I feel like a rock star today. I opened up a savings account for each of my kids today. We got our tax refund so I opened them each an account and put some money in it and will continue to every year until they turn 18. I'm patting myself on the back. Yay me. I guess I should have put more in Ethan's than Addie's but I didn't think about it. Oh well.

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
I know some people aren't animal people but I need to say this somewhere since I'm just sitting here alone watching her and not having a good night here...

My little kitten looks like she isn't going to survive the winter....Just yesterday she was trying to run in the house and was purring when I held her and today I got home and she was just laying in the snow and didn't get up to eat like normal.

There were 4 born in late Sept., the mom took the 2 black ones off a long time ago, (they are outdoor farm cats so she probably gave them away to a neighbor...cats are strange), and she only took care of the other black/white one. But this one was just lively and liked me and lasted this long.

She's been inside with me these last 2 hours and hasn't really moved much...I touch her and she'll move a bit, but I think she won't last much longer...She was always the little one of the litter. She isn't the size of a 5 month old kitten. The other one is double her size.

Anyway...

LaughingSun

awww, that's so sad Elisa. can you get a dropper & try & at least get some water in her?

I'm definitely an animal person... my heart is breaking for you!

so question ladies... where would I get a "I love the O" kinda blinkie? need it for my blog makeover ;)

EHStudios

I lOve Me Some O!
She didn't make it... I used the towel to rub her chin and she gave one last stretch and hasn't moved since. She's just been too little and the other cats get greedy with food and even when I fed her separately she didn't get much bigger. These last two weeks of the big storms haven't helped even if I did bring her in at night..

She couldn't have been an indoor cat since we already have one and he is 17 and mean and has feline aids so we can't leave other cats in the house unattended...this is really what she needed this winter. She was loving and more of a lap kitty.

Pretty much all the cats I get attached to here pass away...normally from getting hit on the road. The cats I let stay a bit more wild are fine.

LaughingSun

off to bed. this coughing is getting the best of me, I'm beat... & my ribs hurt. here's to hoping for a calm night...

cellomom

...loves her some "O"
hugs to everyone!!

sorry about your kitten, Elisa!!! hugs, hugs, hugs!! Animals sure teach us about mortality, huh? *sigh*