Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, April 25

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Uh-huh. It's Thursday. The 25th. Yes. April even though it feels like March. Got it!
Whew! Yesterday was one of those days where I didn't know if I was coming or going. At least today I am positive that I have the date correct. After that?? Who cares? Bwuhahahah!!

How was everyone's day? Mine was *busy* even though I only left the house to pick up Rxs and groceries. Dinner was one of those easy but time-consuming ones. I made roasted broccoli and lemon ricotta flatbreads but I make my own flatbreads. I needed some sides so threw together a pasta salad and homemade coleslaw. I decided to make those vegan so Tom could eat it when he got home from work but there isn't much left over. Sorry, Tom. I tried.
I love having Scott and Sam over. She is so energetic and funny. Sam is helping so much with Caitlyn's shower and offered to make food for the May/June Bash. She has helped me more in the last year or so than LL did in 9 years put together. We won that jackpocket. :wehaveawinner: :love:

The backstory-- *very* stripped down version- is that Scott was dating Leah aka LoserLeah/LL for 9 years until he found out that she was cheating on him with his best friend who was engaged to Sam. Sam and LL were *supposedly* best friends too. Scott and Sam ended up together and are renting a cute little house and seem extremely happy now. As for the other two: [insert whatever choice words you prefer]

Sam's sister is coming to the May /June Bash and her b-day is June 11 and Logan's is May 29 - also my wedding anniversary. it's going to be lit!

I don't have anywhere to go today so I'm declaring today to be a Get S*** Done Day. My desk is a wreck, my calendar needs updating, and I have to figure out what to make/buy as gifts for everyone. *gulps*

What do you have planned for the day?
Hope it is fabulous whatever you do!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Uh-huh. It's Thursday. The 25th. Yes. April even though it feels like March. Got it!
Whew! Yesterday was one of those days where I didn't know if I was coming or going. At least today I am positive that I have the date correct. After that?? Who cares? Bwuhahahah!!

How was everyone's day? Mine was *busy* even though I only left the house to pick up Rxs and groceries. Dinner was one of those easy but time-consuming ones. I made roasted broccoli and lemon ricotta flatbreads but I make my own flatbreads. I needed some sides so threw together a pasta salad and homemade coleslaw. I decided to make those vegan so Tom could eat it when he got home from work but there isn't much left over. Sorry, Tom. I tried.
I love having Scott and Sam over. She is so energetic and funny. Sam is helping so much with Caitlyn's shower and offered to make food for the May/June Bash. She has helped me more in the last year or so than LL did in 9 years put together. We won that jackpocket. :wehaveawinner: :love:

The backstory-- *very* stripped down version- is that Scott was dating Leah aka LoserLeah/LL for 9 years until he found out that she was cheating on him with his best friend who was engaged to Sam. Sam and LL were *supposedly* best friends too. Scott and Sam ended up together and are renting a cute little house and seem extremely happy now. As for the other two: [insert whatever choice words you prefer]

Sam's sister is coming to the May /June Bash and her b-day is June 11 and Logan's is May 29 - also my wedding anniversary. it's going to be lit!

I don't have anywhere to go today so I'm declaring today to be a Get S*** Done Day. My desk is a wreck, my calendar needs updating, and I have to figure out what to make/buy as gifts for everyone. *gulps*

What do you have planned for the day?
Hope it is fabulous whatever you do!
The May/June Bash sounds like lots of fun and memory-making! So glad things turned out for the better for Scott and Sam! Some "best friends" they had!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning!
Another up and at it early day for me! I'm not minding this new "schedule" at all! I am getting lots more sleep and feel much more rested! Thanks, again, @Cherylndesigns ! :heartpumplove: That sleepy time tea is a wonder! I'm not even using your recipe with it!

Yesterday was spent doing some much needed catch up work, shopping for the OsCal (which apparently is no longer available) and the Inulin (which Walmart didn't have either of those, even though they advertised them on their on-line site! GRRR!). So I ended up ordering it from Amazon and will get a Calcium+D3 supplement and the Inulin today! I will be adding the Inulin to my morning cup of bone broth!

I also got some scrapping done yesterday! YAY! After not getting anything from the shop in 2 months I wanted to go crazy! But, I didn't! But I did use what I got for 2 challenges! I also got this year's Monthly Review templates from Anna so I could get caught up on that for the year! I love those templates!

Ilene wants me to spend the day with her (nothing new....she would want me to live with her again, but Mark kinda interferes with that plan, LOL!). So, I'll pick her up and we will go to lunch and then go back to her house to play Qwirkle as long as my back holds out! Her ladder back chairs kill me!

After I get home later this afternoon I'll do some more scrapping with et designs new April CP, Lilac Dreams! It is beautiful! Purple is quickly becoming one of my favorite colors!

Mark and I took the Goldwing to the shop yesterday before church so they could replace the brakes and do some overall upkeep with fluids, etc.

Before church we spent a few minutes at the widow's house (Ruth) that we give a ride to church on Wednesday nights. She is selling off some of her husband's stuff she has no use for. We looked at a table saw and are going to buy it from her. Her husband was a perfectionist and the saw doesn't even look like it was used very much! So nice and clean! Same way for the generator we bought from him last year before he passed away! She has a planer, too, that Mark wants to look at! He is wanting to transform one of the out buildings into a woodworking shop so we can do some crafts to sell........eventually! Not sure when he thinks he is gonna have time to do that!

OK, I need to do some commenting in the gallery before I get ready to head to Ilene's after while. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. It’s a beautiful morning here, the windows are open, the birds are singing. Yesterday my husband Mark and I started getting my moms room prepped for painting. I couldn’t do anything with it any sooner as everything was too raw and overwhelming after her passing. But when the opportunity to host a couple pastoral students came along we thought it would be a
Nice way to bring some life into moms room. Mom never wanted to be “a bother” to us and she certainly wouldn’t want her room closed off forever as a shrine. So we’re fixing it up for the students and I think it will be a very nice transition.

I was scrolling through AJ challenges last night and saw the one for this week on growth. The layouts there have been inspiring so later on when I get to scrapping I’m going to do something with that for my own grief journey about my mom.

Thursday is pickleball day, but this week is cancelled so I’ll have some
Extra quiet time this morning. I strive to do my Bible study every morning while The house is quiet. Currently Mark is still snoozing and all three large dogs are asleep on the bed with him. Something about the quiet of all of their sleepy breathing makes for a nice environment for that study time.

Thanks again everyone for all your inclusion!! Reading up on everybody’s goings on is a nice way to get to know you. At SG everyone knew everyone’s first name. What are all your names IRL? I know a few of them but as I’m reading all these it feels like knowing your name Behind the screen name would help me remember individual comments/stories better that way.
Being that this is my new home I’d like to be a good neighbor!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday Did you make it out of Wally World in one piece and sane? That place makes me want to pull my hair out.
So glad you are going to un-MIA yourself LOL!
It's so true about kids not changing, right?? They are basically the same all over and there is always one who's going to push every boundary :D

@Cherylndesigns you should know better than to rely on me for the dates, but glad I could help. This time!
I'm so happy your girls take such good care of you and make you laugh on your hardest days. You raised them well- what a good example you are.

@BrightEyes It sounds like you had a day full of love as you looked at Bill's albums and remembered your life together. :hug2: he always strikes me as one of those people I wish I could have met. You two--on the dance floor-- Must have been wonderful to see ♥
The weather sure is rollercoastering all over. It's going to be in the low 50s today here when it was upper 60s yesterday.
Hope that the weather cooperates for you to put down that weed killer spray.

@AK_Tracy One good thing about being the only person in your group is that you get to run it *exactly* as you like! :rotfl:
I hear you on having to plan around the once-a-month paycheck. Gary is on disability and trying to make that stretch the entire month has been a challenge. I write up a meal plan every week but b/c everyone in the family follows different diets it's freaking impossible to stick with it. That's where my inner control freak struggles. Don't throw a wrench into my meal plan!
If you have links to any science or ecology homeschool websites, can you share them? That would be awesome! I have a few bookmarked and a Pinterest board but will always find room for more :D
That's brilliant using auditory learning for your DS. I am a firm believer in incorporating different teaching styles to meet the needs of the learners.

@JeanneMN Do you work out on a regular schedule or whenever the alarm goes off and you feel like it? I try to do yoga 3-4 days a week but I have been skipping it since my schedule keeps changing. I know myself-- I need to have more of a routine or it won't get done.
I have done that with my car so many times! I have a reddish 2012 CRV- probably of of the most common cars in NJ. I once was in a parking lot and went to the passenger door to drop my bags inside. The door was unlocked-- at this point, I think I unlocked it. Put the bag on the seat and realized something was off (probably that the car interior was cleaner than mine). I look closer-- it isn't my car at all! Mine was a row down. Oops!
Did you finish Anna's videos yet? A challenge to keep your eyes open for-- any of Ona's Creative Techniques. She is a blending and masking wizard. I have learned so much from her.
BTW, what version of PS do you use? I have CS5-- it's ancient but I am always learning something new too.

@bcgal00 Did you like the new doctor? I really hope so! What book are you reading for the club?
Inquisitive mind... uh huh! That's me and I ask questions allllll day long at work. Pretty soon they are going to duct-tape my mouth.
(Not really, they honestly - at least I think it was honest and not just being polite- told me that I ask really good questions which makes them think and research too. If I come home from work one day complaining about tape residue on my lips, you'll know I was wrong about that :censored: LOL)

@DesignsByCRK *adds a note in my head about wombat poop/erases the note on quokka poop*
My family feels guilty, we had so much fun during lockdown. We had crazy theme nights where we would dress up and make dinner/drinks on a specific theme. We set out a trail camera in the backyard and played animal bingo. Lots of games nights. My kids are best friends which made it much easier than a lot of families had. Hence the guilty feelings since we knew so many other people were suffering horribly :(
Strict can be a good thing- kids need to have boundaries and every parent/child has to find what works best for them. Seems like you did a great job with your DS!

@mimes1 I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine what you are going through and what a rollercoaster it must be. Sending you lots of love and support. :hug2:
I love birds but I struggle with IDing them. They won't stay still! LOL The macroinvertebrates are much easier to ID - once they are in the trays, they can't escape :p If you have any birding tips, please feel free to share. I have the Merlin app so I can "hear" them but have a really hard time seeing them.
Glad that you are here in the Ooos too!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday Did you make it out of Wally World in one piece and sane? That place makes me want to pull my hair out.
So glad you are going to un-MIA yourself LOL!
It's so true about kids not changing, right?? They are basically the same all over and there is always one who's going to push every boundary :D

@Cherylndesigns you should know better than to rely on me for the dates, but glad I could help. This time!
I'm so happy your girls take such good care of you and make you laugh on your hardest days. You raised them well- what a good example you are.

@BrightEyes It sounds like you had a day full of love as you looked at Bill's albums and remembered your life together. :hug2: he always strikes me as one of those people I wish I could have met. You two--on the dance floor-- Must have been wonderful to see ♥
The weather sure is rollercoastering all over. It's going to be in the low 50s today here when it was upper 60s yesterday.

@AK_Tracy One good thing about being the only person in your group is that you get to run it *exactly* as you like! :rotfl:
I hear you on having to plan around the once-a-month paycheck. Gary is on disability and trying to make that stretch the entire month has been a challenge. I write up a meal plan every week but b/c everyone in the family follows different diets it's freaking impossible to stick with it. That's where my inner control freak struggles. Don't throw a wrench into my meal plan!
If you have links to any science or ecology homeschool websites, can you share them? That would be awesome! I have a few bookmarked and a Pinterest board but will always find room for more :D
That's brilliant using auditory learning for your DS. I am a firm believer in incorporating different teaching styles to meet the needs of the learners.

@JeanneMN Do you work out on a regular schedule or whenever the alarm goes off and you feel like it? I try to do yoga 3-4 days a week but I have been skipping it since my schedule keeps changing. I know myself-- I need to have more of a routine or it won't get done.
I have done that with my car so many times! I have a reddish 2012 CRV- probably of of the most common cars in NJ. I once was in a parking lot and went to the passenger door to drop my bags inside. The door was unlocked-- at this point, I think I unlocked it. Put the bag on the seat and realized something was off (probably that the car interior was cleaner than mine). I look closer-- it isn't my car at all! Mine was a row down. Oops!
Did you finish Anna's videos yet? A challenge to keep your eyes open for-- any of Ona's Creative Techniques. She is a blending and masking wizard. I have learned so much from her.
BTW, what version of PS do you use? I have CS5-- it's ancient but I am always learning something new too.

@bcgal00 Did you like the new doctor? I really hope so! What book are you reading for the club?
Inquisitive mind... uh huh! That's me and I ask questions allllll day long at work. Pretty soon they are going to duct-tape my mouth.
(Not really, they honestly - at least I think it was honest and not just being polite- told me that I ask really good questions which makes them think and research too. If I come home from work one day complaining about tape residue on my lips, you'll know I was wrong about that :censored: LOL)

@DesignsByCRK *adds a note in my head about wombat poop/erases the note on quokka poop*
My family feels guilty, we had so much fun during lockdown. We had crazy theme nights where we would dress up and make dinner/drinks on a specific theme. We set out a trail camera in the backyard and played animal bingo. Lots of games nights. My kids are best friends which made it much easier than a lot of families had. Hence the guilty feelings since we knew so many other people were suffering horribly :(
Strict can be a good thing- kids need to have boundaries and every parent/child has to find what works best for them. Seems like you did a great job with your DS!

@mimes1 I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine what you are going through and what a rollercoaster it must be. Sending you lots of love and support. :hug2:
I love birds but I struggle with IDing them. They won't stay still! LOL The macroinvertebrates are much easier to ID - once they are in the trays, they can't escape :p If you have any birding tips, please feel free to share. I have the Merlin app so I can "hear" them but have a really hard time seeing them.
Yes! I made it out of Wally World in record time with no mental scaring! I was there early enough that the crazies weren't up yet, LOL!
Yes, all kids try to push the boundaries.....even my PK's! ;). But we could blame their antics on the deacons' kids they hung out with, LOL! JK! :floorlaugh:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning everyone. It’s a beautiful morning here, the windows are open, the birds are singing. Yesterday my husband Mark and I started getting my moms room prepped for painting. I couldn’t do anything with it any sooner as everything was too raw and overwhelming after her passing. But when the opportunity to host a couple pastoral students came along we thought it would be a
Nice way to bring some life into moms room. Mom never wanted to be “a bother” to us and she certainly wouldn’t want her room closed off forever as a shrine. So we’re fixing it up for the students and I think it will be a very nice transition.

I was scrolling through AJ challenges last night and saw the one for this week on growth. The layouts there have been inspiring so later on when I get to scrapping I’m going to do something with that for my own grief journey about my mom.

Thursday is pickleball day, but this week is cancelled so I’ll have some
Extra quiet time this morning. I strive to do my Bible study every morning while The house is quiet. Currently Mark is still snoozing and all three large dogs are asleep on the bed with him. Something about the quiet of all of their sleepy breathing makes for a nice environment for that study time.

Thanks again everyone for all your inclusion!! Reading up on everybody’s goings on is a nice way to get to know you. At SG everyone knew everyone’s first name. What are all your names IRL? I know a few of them but as I’m reading all these it feels like knowing your name Behind the screen name would help me remember individual comments/stories better that way.
Being that this is my new home I’d like to be a good neighbor!
My husband's name is Mark, too! I don't know your name, however!
Are you and your husband in ministry? I see that you are going to host some pastoral students in your home. Before Mark, I was married to a Baptist preacher. He passed away in 2017 from melanoma. We had been married 41+ years. I stayed at the church and my husband, Mark, was/is a member there, too. We married a year after my husband passed. He was a widower, too. He helped move Tim and me from WV to NC in 2008 to pastor my current church. We always say we didn't know my future husband moved us!

mimes1

CHEERY O
My husband's name is Mark, too! I don't know your name, however!
Are you and your husband in ministry? I see that you are going to host some pastoral students in your home. Before Mark, I was married to a Baptist preacher. He passed away in 2017 from melanoma. We had been married 41+ years. I stayed at the church and my husband, Mark, was/is a member there, too. We married a year after my husband passed. He was a widower, too. He helped move Tim and me from WV to NC in 2008 to pastor my current church. We always say we didn't know my future husband moved us!
Hi Vicky - my name is Amy. Mimes (pronounced meemes) is my knick-name. My dad always called me "Mimi" and my sister evolved that to "Mimes". And it's always stuck. My husband and I are not formally in any ministry, but we love the Lord! We're Baptist and love our church, our community. The church was looking for host families for the summer. When our kids were in High School we hosted Foreign students all the time, and we have the space, and said we'll take two! They'll be working with childrens and high school ministry all summer.
I'm sorry to hear you have lost your husband as well. 41 years is alot to proud of! How nice that the Lord has blessed with you with another Godly man.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Thank you so much for your kind words. Mom had alzheimers and finally balanced health. And then Covid knocked her off that fine tight wire she was walking. But the good thing is she was home until her last 48 hours when we moved her to a Hospice House. The experience was beautiful and moving and loving, Mom was peaceful, not in pain, and she was ready. I was at her side the whole time, we read scripture, our Pastors came, a friend came and sang her Amazing Grace, we prayed over her, and the night before she passed 13 family members called and I put them up to her ear on speaker so they could say goodbye. She couldn't respond at that point but I know she heard them. Thanks for listening while I ramble. It still helps to talk about it.

I love your work is the outdoors. My work was also outdoors at the San Diego Zoo. Nothing better than being outdoors for work. I worked there in the Bird Department for my entire career. They offered a retirement in 2020 due to Covid, so Mark and I took it to move here and take in my mom. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures in your outdoor classroom. I chuckled how one of your kids "accidently" fell in the water. They must think it was your first rodeo!!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wow... I slept in until 8AM!! Guess the body was saying that it needed more rest! Not surprised as the milestone days usually take me a day or two to recover from. Yesterday I sprayed some weeds in the backyard but had to quit as the wind started blowing. Looks like it will windy for the next several days so the front yard will have to wait until it is calm again. In the meantime, I can see how well the homemade weed killer works in the backyard. No point in using it in the front/side yard if it doesn't work well. You would think that in the xeriscape yard with the groundcover under the rocks that weeds couldn't grow.... but enough dust/dirt blows in that the weeds can and will grow. Usually have to spray a couple of times a year to kill them. Our neighborhood has Neighborhood CCRs so we can be fined if we don't get rid of them. It is always a challenge in the spring to have calm days to spray vs how fast the weeds can grow vs the when the CCR guy sends a notice.

Will be a busy day for me - I have a couple of LOs to get finished and a Color Play thread to post this evening. I always love Color Play days each month but this month I am especially in love with the colors!!!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon. When I started this, it was morning now it's THURSDAY -thanks Chris @faerywings for keeping me on track. Well, we kind of keep each other on track. :rotfl:

Quick in and out for me today. There are two new CP collections posted that I want to do and I'm keeping current with my Hundred Days projects, but haven't done today's yet. I just scanned the picture that I want to use.

I'll try to get back in here. Not sure if we're all doing anything this evening or not. Adrienne and I drove all over the property on our new golf cart then she fixed dinner for the two of us. We had a fun evening. She's leaving tomorrow afternoon to go spend Mothers' Day Weekend at UA with Braden. Ava and I are going to the Red Fern Festival on Saturday and we're looking forward to that. "Where The Red Fern Grows" was written by a local author, hence the name of the festival.

I'll try to get back later and do a few personals.
XOXO

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O

Yes, Chris.... it was a wonderful way to spend the day. I laughed and cried a few tears but over all it was a wonderful day full of memories with Bill. And yes, we loved dancing together. And, yes, I still dance around the kitchen with my eyes closed and can almost feel his arms around me. :love:

A bit later:
Got interrupted by the Xfinity crew... they were here to bury the cable line from front sidewalk connection to my garage. The conduit line is finished and the one to hook it up will be here in about an hour. So the internet and phone will be down for a short while around 1 PM. Glad to have it almost finished. Then my sister called and we had a long chat. So I am running behind today.

Will be back later - after the cable guy does his thing.

JeanneMN

@faerywings I work out 3 mornings a week (M, W,.F) and set an alarm for 4:15 so I get it done and still have morning left. I drive 20 miles so try to make it worth it, 45 min. strength & hour of cardio. It's an amazing place, not cheap so hubs wishes I'd quit, but I need it for my mental health as much as anything. Just can't put a price tag of car mileage on that. I seldom make it much past 8p.m. though . It's funny, I was always a night owl and late sleeper when younger, but my circadian rhythm has adjusted, good thing because it's the only rhythm I have. On off days I still get up early, I love that quiet time. I started the second part of Anna's class today. I use PhotoshopCC 2024. I'm just in awe of what she can do with it. I just love that she is so "normal" in her instruction, and sometimes does the wrong thing or can't find something. Makes her so relatable- This morning I was telling her where to find something in a menu LOL and she's so easy to listen to. I could have done some more, but I told myself I had to get some financials caught up which led to me being tired of what we pay for Hulu so I switched to a Disney+ plan and saved almost $80. It's so weird because Disney owns Hulu & we still have Hulu with the new plan. Hubs mowed lawn this morning and did his chores and is now sleeping thru an episode of Gunsmoke . Can't concentrate on Anna with that going. Now that I've taken care of the Hulu squirrel I'm going to finish financial stuff. Have a great day everyone!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good afternoon ladies. I was out early this morning for a doggie play date at a friend's home. I'm home for a few minutes, long enough to have a coffee and relax for a few minutes before heading out for blood work and then over to Costco for D to pick up a new battery and get a few more things for the new freezer. We are filling it up fast. It's so nice to have the extra space again, I sure missed having a second freezer when we moved in here. We are not going to get a second fridge (like the last house), I think we'll manage without it.

Book club was lovely last night, only two of us, we chatted a lot about the books we like.
@faerywings Chris, the book I read that I really liked is "The Girl With No Name". Some complained about the inconsistency of the German/English Cockney slang misuse but that didn't bother me at all, I just enjoyed the story and it was a fast, easy read.

I don't think the club is going to flourish, a key member dropped out and all the other mom's are busy with school/sports activities with their kids. I am thinking about starting up my own book club again (like I did in Kamloops), with the over 50 group and local ladies group (which is mostly over 45ish). I think they will be more flexible with their schedules and I can get together a core group that will be able to more easily commit to the monthly meeting. I'll think about it for a bit before I open a registration for it. I am very busy with life now but I think I can manage once a month for it.

Met the new doctor yesterday and we both like him. I'm so glad to have a GP again after 5 years without. He's being very diligent about getting baseline tests done and I have my first physical on Monday with him. I'll be at game night tonight.

I'm heading out in early morning tomorrow for birding so won't be checking in.

HAGD everyone.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
@JeanneMN Wow, I am impressed with your commitment to your exercise. Good for you. Yes, I agree, Anna is a wiz at photoshop and design, she makes it look so easy yet has the odd oops movement (like the rest of us LOL).

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Hi Vicky - my name is Amy. Mimes (pronounced meemes) is my knick-name. My dad always called me "Mimi" and my sister evolved that to "Mimes". And it's always stuck. My husband and I are not formally in any ministry, but we love the Lord! We're Baptist and love our church, our community. The church was looking for host families for the summer. When our kids were in High School we hosted Foreign students all the time, and we have the space, and said we'll take two! They'll be working with childrens and high school ministry all summer.
I'm sorry to hear you have lost your husband as well. 41 years is alot to proud of! How nice that the Lord has blessed with you with another Godly man.
Thanks, Amy! So nice to have you join us here at OScraps! The ladies are all so great! I quit scrapping for awhile when my husband became pretty sick. I just started up again in 2021 and was invited to join the CT here. I really needed it, LOL!
Yes, I am so blessed to have another great Godly man! He loved my husband, too! He says he learned more from him than any other pastor! That makes me happy! Tim was a great teacher! Mark and I had a really short courtship.....about 6 weeks! My oldest daughter said to me, "Mom, why wait to get married again?! It's not like you don't know Mark, after all!" So I blame her for our quick marriage, LOL!

AK_Tracy

Whew, what a day. Drove 150 miles (three hours), had lunch, Costco, then drove another 150 miles home. Was so sunny and beautiful and the mountains are "melting" and looked sooooo amazing. Sadly no photos this trip. Roads were dry so we "flew" just above the limit :floorlaugh: I'm tired now. Teens are making grilled burgers soon so I dont have to make dinner tonight. I am not sure I'll get all caught up on todays chatter but @faerywings I will look for science stuff I have. Most of it is curriculum reviews and where I buy them. But I'll see what I can find and message it to you.:sleeping1:Time for a beer and putting my feet up. I hate Costco days. They're long and my body says stop stupid.

AK_Tracy

@faerywings I fibbed. I am not sending a PM :floorlaugh: What I have is curriculum. One site (Kiwico) is kits to build and STEM related. The other (super charged science) is a science for older kids. Not thinking that is what you're looking for.

mimes1

CHEERY O
Whew, what a day. Drove 150 miles (three hours), had lunch, Costco, then drove another 150 miles home. Was so sunny and beautiful and the mountains are "melting" and looked sooooo amazing. Sadly no photos this trip. Roads were dry so we "flew" just above the limit :floorlaugh: I'm tired now. Teens are making grilled burgers soon so I dont have to make dinner tonight. I am not sure I'll get all caught up on todays chatter but @faerywings I will look for science stuff I have. Most of it is curriculum reviews and where I buy them. But I'll see what I can find and message it to you.:sleeping1:Time for a beer and putting my feet up. I hate Costco days. They're long and my body says stop stupid.
150 miles!!! :wow: That's a long drive to Costco! You definitely deserve to have dinner made for you!