Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, April 18

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Is it me or is this week crawling?
10218405.png

Yesterday felt like it dragged and dragged. And dragged some more. Everything took longer than I expected but then I would have chunks of time waiting for the next thing on my list. It doesn't help that everyone in the house is stressed or tired. It makes me anxious and jumpy. Which feeds into the "everyone is stressed or tired."
I kept working on the invite for my BFF and we are struggling with the color for the font. I must have 6-7 different versions and none have the right color (trying to match the school's color). I swatched the color from the logo and it it looks awful- way too bright. After I cleaned for my friend I *finally* finished a page for a challenge that I started several days ago. I baked cupcakes to bring to Scott's for dessert- and had to eat one to make sure they were good enough for "company." LOL!
I loved watching Scott play with Logan. He will be 2 next month and can hold entire conversations without using one word of recognizable English. He uses sentence structure and dialogue but there is no clue what he is talking about. Logan adores Scott and it is mutual. I also met Sophia for the first time and what a cutie patootie! She is 4 months old now and has these awesome chubby cheeks.

Today I'm gonna need to dig deep for extra energy and mental stamina. I am heading to my parents for the day to give them a hand around the house. My nephew's baseball team is holding a clothing drive so we are going to sort through some boxes of clothes and pack them up. My mom has a very difficult time getting rid of things, especially if my kids ever wore them. Everything is *special* if the grandkids even looked at it once.
Please, don't let them be bicker-y today. I don't have it in me to cope.

Scott's coming here this morning for a quick visit/coffee before I head to my parents so I better get ready.
Hugs!!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@JeanneMN I love having toads around the garden. We can hear the frogs with woods behind us. How big is your pond? Is it a natural one or a garden feature? We have a small garden pond in the front of the house with some really huge goldfish in there. We tossed in some feeder fish years ago to eat the mosquitos but they have grown and multiplied. eep.
Hope you got that double billing taken care of. I despise dealing with customer service. It's 95% Hold time, 4% hassle, and 1% helpful.

@AK_Tracy Hi Roomie!! :waving3: I actually *love* to cook, I just hate coming up with ideas for dinners. It's rough- my DD is vegetarian, her fiance is vegan, my DH goes through phases of not wanting to eat certain foods (he has stomach/GI issues) and I don't like to eat anything that looks like an animal and definitely no red meat. Toss in a very limited food budget and it's more of a challenge to plan a menu than I am capable of doing. I'll ask the family every few days for dinner ideas and *crickets*
That's fantastic that you adapted so well the Homeschooling. It sure has its benefits and I bet your kids have a much more well-rounded education than the kids who are only being taught to take tests.

@bcgal00 I am so glad that Remi is doing better! You cannot keep that girl down for long :runningdog:
I have no experience with EHDs but my gut says better to take it slow instead of overheating or overloading them. Good luck on finding the info you need.
I'm sure you have seen the memes of "Four Seasons in 24 Hours" -- bet that is what living in Calgary is like LOL!
I don't think I shared the invite. This is my original idea but had to change it to the second one to use the free invites at paperless post
Cait shower invite.jpgshower square_resize.jpg
I used a kit by et designs that I had in my stash for it

@Cherylndesigns YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a weight off of your shoulders to have the SS deposited correctly! Things are falling into place, you got this. ♥
How nice to have the Walmart delivery too. Does that only include food or can you get household stuff, like paint or clothes? Either way, if you can get someone to bring your stuff into the house, that is amazing. I bet she was thrilled to get the extra tip. I know a lot of gig workers never see their full tips if they are done through the apps. (John Oliver did a piece on DoorDash, etc a couple of weeks ago and OMG, how awful for the workers and restaurants :( )

@DesignsByCRK if you ever want to share recipes or dinner ideas, I would *love* to hear that!!!
Like for example, what should I cook tonight? :floorlaugh:

Time to fly... :dancingbfly:

love and hugs and have a fab day!

DesignsByCRK

Designer
@DesignsByCRK if you ever want to share recipes or dinner ideas, I would *love* to hear that!!!

Tonight we had "marry me chicken" put about a tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan, and then add about a tablespoon of garlic (we love garlic but if you don't love it, add less) - cook gently for about 5 mins while you chop everything else - chop up 2 chicken breast and add to pan with about half a packet of sun dried tomatoes, then while chicken is cooking chop up 1/2 a head of broccoli, 1/4 cauliflower, chop a carrot into a small dice - (the harder the vegetable the smaller i chop so that everything cooks evenly) and chop up one zucchini. Once chicken is cooked add 300ml of cream, about 100gm grated parmesan and all of your chopped vegies and 250ml chicken stock. Simmer until the liquid reduces a bit and it's not too runny and the vegies are just cooked, in the last 5 mins throw in a half a bag of baby spinach and serve.

You're supposed to serve it with pasta - but we do low carb so we leave the pasta out most of the time - this serves 3 adults, with enough left over for lunch for 2 of them the next day. If we are feeding more people, I will cook the pasta and serve it with the pasta. Vegeroni spirals are nice with it - or angel hair pasta.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Morning, gals. The Xfinity install went so well! They arrived at 9 and were here until 1 PM. Once the wiring was done and the modem was running, he checked all my computers and made sure they were connecting to the wifi internet and that the smart TV and Netflix was working. We have to wait for the landline phone being ported over from my old server. that could take up to a week. I will know when it happens as the landline will stop working. Then I unplug the phone line from the old modem and plug it into the new modem. Once that is done, they will come back and bury the line from the cable port to the garage. I can already tell the download speed is much faster!!! :dancing6:

DD#3 came over just before they arrived and the pest guy got here early, too. DD#3 spent most of the day with me getting me caught up on her family's news and her visit with DD#2. It helped pass the time while the installers were working. It was so nice to spend time with her.

Weather has decided to turn warm... will be up to 80*F for the next few days. the bad news is the pollen count is HIGH... and my allergies are letting me know... sneezing alot. I am going to open the house up and air it out today if the winds stay calm. I did remember to reset the drip system to 2 days a week. Time to take the down comforter off the bed. I kept throwing it off then pulling it back on most of last night!

Still need to work on loading styles and actions... so scrapping has slowed way down as I fumble my way around Window11.

@faerywings I love the Bridal Shower invite!!! So very elegant! Been seeing your FB posts about the programs at the Nature Center... wow... I don't know how you do all that you do... You are the energizer bunny! Here is hoping that the parents are not bickering during your visit and you can help clear out some unneeded things.

@Cherylndesigns Yes, our days are doing the same... high temps in afternoon but falling down into the 40's at night. So glad to hear that DH's SS check finally showed up. You had a great delivery gal that even brought your groceries into the house for you!!!
So glad to see many of the new gals popping in here to chat!! The more, the merrier! :pillowtalk:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I was busy cooking rice and chicken for remi (a few more days of this before transitioning back to her normal kibble and treats). She seems to have bounced back completely. Appetite and energy are normal. Whew. That was a close call with the salt toxicity.

I'm off to a ladies luncheon today at the golf course (haven't been there before) with about 25 others. Tonight is game night at the legion with D. I'll pop out with Remi to play at the park sometime between the two. Busy day.

I had ordered a credenza from wayfair but only one box came so if the other two boxes don't come by Monday I'll try to contact them. You'd think if the credenza came in two boxes, they would both come together but I also have a side table coming so maybe that's why the order is split up. Heard from the contractor and he's supposed to start our new deck/stairs/side wall in a few weeks.

Things are slowly happening.

@faerywings The invite looks great! Hope the parents behave today. You are very patient with them (except for venting to us which is probably what keeps you sane LOL). Hope it all goes well.

@BrightEyes Glad the hookup is going well. Faster speed is a good thing. Enjoy the warm temps. We are still getting snow off and on, in between days of 60ish. Crazy weather here.

I need to shower and get ready to head out for lunch. HAGD everyone.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon,

I started this in the morning and had to run down to Aly's and take her some herbal teas. She's not feeling well and has a ticket to Swan Lake tonight and wants so desperately to go. I took her some of my "potions" and told her that she would feel better! She's a dancer and dances with a semi-professional troupe in Tulsa and danced ballet most of her life. She even danced with Joffrey Ballet in NYC! I about croaked when I found that out. So, I'm back.

Chris @faerywings the invitation looks amazing, and I like number 2 the best anyway. They're gorgeous! I knew you and Kay @BrightEyes would be excited for the pension/ss debacle to finally be over - only took 3 months. :bowdown3: Chris @faerywings this was my first time having my order delivered, but I know Adrienne orders all sorts of things with her pickup. I think as long as it's in the store, it's included in your order. I ordered a lot of cleaning supplies, some new Sharpie pens and some Scotch tape and they delivered all of that with my food order yesterday. One thing I ordered was not in stock, so it will be mailed to me in a few days. So, yes, I'm going to say you can get anything that's IN the store. I've been ordering stuff (like clothes, etc.) for store pick up from Wally's for years.

Kay @BrightEyes yay for the flawless Xfinity hookup. It takes them a long time to do the install, but they do it right and you will (you probably already are) at how lightning fast their internet is! Glad your sis kept you company.

We have that memorial service for hospice tonight. It's about 45 minutes away, so we're leaving about 4:30. The service starts at 5:30. (For our new tribe members, my husband passed away 3 months ago, and he was in hospice care. They came here because I didn't want him in a facility. They're having a memorial service tonight for all of the people, in hospice care, who passed away in the past year. That's also what the pension/ss posts are all about. I couldn't even get an appt with social security until April 4th, so I didn't expect this to be wrapped up so quickly.)

Well, my lovelies, I have a layout to work on, thenget ready to go this afternoon. Adrienne, Ava and I are going. Aly was sick that she couldn't go, but like I said, she has had a ticket to go see Swan Lake for awhile now.

Hugs to everybody.
XOXO

AK_Tracy

We have that memorial service for hospice tonight. It's about 45 minutes away, so we're leaving about 4:30. The service starts at 5:30. (For our new tribe members, my husband passed away 3 months ago, and he was in hospice care. They came here because I didn't want him in a facility. They're having a memorial service tonight for all of the people, in hospice care, who passed away in the past year. That's also what the pension/ss posts are all about. I couldn't even get an appt with social security until April 4th, so I didn't expect this to be wrapped up so quickly.)

Well, my lovelies, I have a layout to work on, thenget ready to go this afternoon. Adrienne, Ava and I are going. Aly was sick that she couldn't go, but like I said, she has had a ticket to go see Swan Lake for awhile now.

Hugs to everybody.
XOXO
I'm so sorry! I cant even imagine loosing my spouse. I love that hospice is having a memorial service. That's so special. Hospice workers are angels in disguise. My dads hospice nurse (2011) was named Angel and she was such a blessing. ❤️

DesignsByCRK

Designer
Good afternoon,

Hugs to everybody.
XOXO

I'm so sorry for your loss Cheryl :hug1:

JeanneMN

Sorry I haven't been in today & never made it back yesterday. @faerywings I hadn't planned to go to my 50-year reunion because my college roommate couldn't make it & I didn't think anyone else would care, that and just knowing all those names leaked out of my brain years ago, I was just too nervous to go. Then 2 friends I haven't seen since the day we graduated contacted me and they are the ones I met for lunch the other day. I honestly didn't want to do that either, what are we going to talk about? will I recognize them? wilI they think I'm odd or odder? So, one I didn't recognize right away and after I got past other one's gorgeous gray hair the face was the same. OMG, we talked and laughed for 3 hours, it was like being transported back in time and they said I looked exactly the way they'd pictured I would be only with shorter hair. Those are the special friendships that don't age. While I was gone hubs decided it was time for spring cleaning, ugh, I'd let it go until I had to drive a bulldozer in, but that's hard on the carpeting. We finished this morning & then I decided to finish a scrapbook page. I've been trying to at least get one a week done, so the ink doesn't clog up in my new printer.

@Cherylndesigns Hospice nurses really are angels and become like part of the family. How wonderful that they are doing the memorial service since those bonds do become so close.

I'll try to get caught up with everyone tomorrow.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Talk about fast... I went to use my landline phone just before noon and it was beeping with an off-the-hook sound. Move the phone line from the old modem over to the Xfinity modem and the LANDLINE PHONE WORKED!! So I unplugged the old modem and made the 20 mile trip up to Bernalillo to the Sparklight office. DD#3 had warned me that there was road construction on the main road to get there - 1 lane each way (normally 2 lanes on each side)... So I had to go past there and work back around to the office. Got it turned in and shut down the service as of today. Whoo-whee!! Got home to find there was a message on the answering service... but the old code didn't work. Got the instructions on how to do the new setup and went to print them out and discovered that the printer would not connect.... Well, duh... had to stop and set-up the wifi and password. That took me about 10 minutes remembering how/where to set it up. Finally got that all done and discovered the message was from a friend I haven't talked to in about three years! Wow... what a day it has been. I had to do a reset after working with the printer... and One Drive came back on... I had turn off the sync on it and deleted it early this morning. I will have to keep an eye to make sure it stays turned off!!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@JeanneMN I love having toads around the garden. We can hear the frogs with woods behind us. How big is your pond? Is it a natural one or a garden feature? We have a small garden pond in the front of the house with some really huge goldfish in there. We tossed in some feeder fish years ago to eat the mosquitos but they have grown and multiplied. eep.
Hope you got that double billing taken care of. I despise dealing with customer service. It's 95% Hold time, 4% hassle, and 1% helpful.

@AK_Tracy Hi Roomie!! :waving3: I actually *love* to cook, I just hate coming up with ideas for dinners. It's rough- my DD is vegetarian, her fiance is vegan, my DH goes through phases of not wanting to eat certain foods (he has stomach/GI issues) and I don't like to eat anything that looks like an animal and definitely no red meat. Toss in a very limited food budget and it's more of a challenge to plan a menu than I am capable of doing. I'll ask the family every few days for dinner ideas and *crickets*
That's fantastic that you adapted so well the Homeschooling. It sure has its benefits and I bet your kids have a much more well-rounded education than the kids who are only being taught to take tests.

@bcgal00 I am so glad that Remi is doing better! You cannot keep that girl down for long :runningdog:
I have no experience with EHDs but my gut says better to take it slow instead of overheating or overloading them. Good luck on finding the info you need.
I'm sure you have seen the memes of "Four Seasons in 24 Hours" -- bet that is what living in Calgary is like LOL!
I don't think I shared the invite. This is my original idea but had to change it to the second one to use the free invites at paperless post
View attachment 417016View attachment 417017
I used a kit by et designs that I had in my stash for it

@Cherylndesigns YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a weight off of your shoulders to have the SS deposited correctly! Things are falling into place, you got this. ♥
How nice to have the Walmart delivery too. Does that only include food or can you get household stuff, like paint or clothes? Either way, if you can get someone to bring your stuff into the house, that is amazing. I bet she was thrilled to get the extra tip. I know a lot of gig workers never see their full tips if they are done through the apps. (John Oliver did a piece on DoorDash, etc a couple of weeks ago and OMG, how awful for the workers and restaurants :( )

The invitations are BEAUTIFUL, Chris!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Tonight we had "marry me chicken" put about a tablespoon of butter in a large frying pan, and then add about a tablespoon of garlic (we love garlic but if you don't love it, add less) - cook gently for about 5 mins while you chop everything else - chop up 2 chicken breast and add to pan with about half a packet of sun dried tomatoes, then while chicken is cooking chop up 1/2 a head of broccoli, 1/4 cauliflower, chop a carrot into a small dice - (the harder the vegetable the smaller i chop so that everything cooks evenly) and chop up one zucchini. Once chicken is cooked add 300ml of cream, about 100gm grated parmesan and all of your chopped vegies and 250ml chicken stock. Simmer until the liquid reduces a bit and it's not too runny and the vegies are just cooked, in the last 5 mins throw in a half a bag of baby spinach and serve.

You're supposed to serve it with pasta - but we do low carb so we leave the pasta out most of the time - this serves 3 adults, with enough left over for lunch for 2 of them the next day. If we are feeding more people, I will cook the pasta and serve it with the pasta. Vegeroni spirals are nice with it - or angel hair pasta.
WOW! This sounds delicious! Gonna have to get the ingredients and try it!