Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Thursday, April 11

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, lOvlies!
I hope that everyone is doing well today. At least so far. It's 7 am here so I haven't had to deal with much this morning other than drink coffee. :coffeedrinker:

It's been a busy week so far and I have another long day ahead. At least the rain held off yesterday so we didn't get soaked during the homeschool session. yay! It was another awesome day to be outside and the kids had a blast on the trails. We looked for animal tracks and found a ton of deer prints. The kids made pinwheels and then turned them into a game, "Pinwheel Princess," a version of Marco Polo. I *love* watching kids making those connections in their brains. It's fascinating. You can practically see the gears clicking away. (neural connections, really but I still imagine gears and wheels LOL)

I'm cleaning for my friend this morning, not as exciting as looking for animal tracks or macros but helps pay the bills. :p I am meeting my BFF for coffee this afternoon. I haven't seen her in a few months and I'm sure we will have lots to catch up on. I can't wait to hear about her son's new job and apt in DC.

HAGD!!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@FloridaGranny Just a warning, Diane-- this group is addicitng LOL! We would love to have you join us whenever you have time. This is a no-stress/no-pressure group. Post when you want, reply when you want. It's all good!
I love the Merlin app. I hear the birds all over but it's hard to see them. I have woods on two sides of my house so lots of trees they hide in. My DH got me binoculars last year but I think I need lessons on how to use them hahaha!

@vickyday Glad to hear the sunburn is better. Did you have a PJ day or did you visit Ilene? I am pretty sure Ilene wouldn't; mind if you showed up at her house in your PJs LOL!

@BrightEyes You always have so much fun with your girlfriends. Are they all from the old "Red Hat" group?
It sounds like you're plugging along with the new computer. I went through the same thing with my cell phone last month. Little things were missing that I had to reset. Seemed like every day I'd find something new that needed adjusting or adding.
Training and working with the kids is a lot of fun- so, so, sooo much more fun than scrubbing other people's toilets. :toilet:
Ya know?? ha!

My rosemary plant didn't make it through the winter either. Boo. I took clippings of it and rooted them inside. They didn't overwinter either. I miss that huge one I had, that one lasted through several winters.
PS: in case you were wondering, yes I do have poison ivy on my arm. Thankfully, it's not bad so maybe this time of year is my best put to pull them up.

@JeanneMN I don't think I would last through one MN winter. I am a 100% baby when it comes to being cold. You are a dedicated grandma to freeze through all of your grands spring sports! I am cracking up at your comment about the lilies wearing parkas. Maybe that is what I need to do for my rosemary plants :brrr:

@mywisecrafts 19-year-olds are fun. :rolleyes: Hope he listens to the doctor. BTW- it *does* get better. As soon as they start paying for their own health insurance/meds/doctor appts, it kicks in. :p
Do you have a general idea of where you want to go on vacation? maybe try pulling a destination out of a hat?

@taxed4ever Hiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! :waving1 I'm happy to hear that you are still hiking and taking time for yourself. Sounds like you have been crazy busy with helping your ILs. Happy birthday! if you can, pop in on your actual day so we can spoil you with love and virtual cake :birthday2:

@Cherylndesigns Ornamental grasses really need to come with warning labels. Danger: Will grow taller than humans in three seasons!!
I hope the weather cooperates, I know we all want to see your bench put together so you can enjoy it♥
I loved the Susie-Vines on the arch, and of course, I want to see pictures! (I still think you need one of the plant buggies LOL)
HA!! Yes, it took me forever to figure out where the power settings were in Win 11. I kept clicking the Bing icon and getting aggravated with myself.

@EvelynD2 I wish I lived closer to Liberty Science Center. How far are you from the one in Nashville?
I loved field trips and loved taking my kids to places like that. Scott and Sam took their nephew to LSC on Tuesday and they had a blast :love:

jeanne- don't get me started on the grocery stores moving stuff! One of the benefits of shopping online is that I don't have to deal with that anymore. I only have to figure out why they change the website design GRRR!

JeanneMN

Got a few more things organized, and I AM going to start a page today.
@fairywings Minnesota is a roller coaster ride that's for sale. I love watching my backyard being reborn in the Spring. I'm out sticking my nose in their business all the time. Must be watchful that I don't stick it in raccoon 'business'. We live in town but on the backside with a water retention pond behind us. We have deer that come & eat the sedum in the cracks of our garden path. That stuff grows like crazy so it's not a big deal, it's the "raisins" they leave as hostess gifts. I'm a barefoot girl & with our 5 minutes of summer I'm barefoot most of the time except spring. It sounds so ecological when the nursery tells you the plant is a native plant and when they tell you it's name is Joe Pye Weed, if you don't catch on by then, well you deserve to be pulling it out of neighboring plants all summer long. It does form a nice natural privacy fence on the back corner of our garden. Ok, I've babbled enough for today.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@FloridaGranny Just a warning, Diane-- this group is addicitng LOL! We would love to have you join us whenever you have time. This is a no-stress/no-pressure group. Post when you want, reply when you want. It's all good!
I love the Merlin app. I hear the birds all over but it's hard to see them. I have woods on two sides of my house so lots of trees they hide in. My DH got me binoculars last year but I think I need lessons on how to use them hahaha!

@vickyday Glad to hear the sunburn is better. Did you have a PJ day or did you visit Ilene? I am pretty sure Ilene wouldn't; mind if you showed up at her house in your PJs LOL!

@BrightEyes You always have so much fun with your girlfriends. Are they all from the old "Red Hat" group?
It sounds like you're plugging along with the new computer. I went through the same thing with my cell phone last month. Little things were missing that I had to reset. Seemed like every day I'd find something new that needed adjusting or adding.
Training and working with the kids is a lot of fun- so, so, sooo much more fun than scrubbing other people's toilets. :toilet:
Ya know?? ha!

My rosemary plant didn't make it through the winter either. Boo. I took clippings of it and rooted them inside. They didn't overwinter either. I miss that huge one I had, that one lasted through several winters.
PS: in case you were wondering, yes I do have poison ivy on my arm. Thankfully, it's not bad so maybe this time of year is my best put to pull them up.

@JeanneMN I don't think I would last through one MN winter. I am a 100% baby when it comes to being cold. You are a dedicated grandma to freeze through all of your grands spring sports! I am cracking up at your comment about the lilies wearing parkas. Maybe that is what I need to do for my rosemary plants :brrr:

@mywisecrafts 19-year-olds are fun. :rolleyes: Hope he listens to the doctor. BTW- it *does* get better. As soon as they start paying for their own health insurance/meds/doctor appts, it kicks in. :p
Do you have a general idea of where you want to go on vacation? maybe try pulling a destination out of a hat?

@taxed4ever Hiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! :waving1 I'm happy to hear that you are still hiking and taking time for yourself. Sounds like you have been crazy busy with helping your ILs. Happy birthday! if you can, pop in on your actual day so we can spoil you with love and virtual cake :birthday2:

@Cherylndesigns Ornamental grasses really need to come with warning labels. Danger: Will grow taller than humans in three seasons!!
I hope the weather cooperates, I know we all want to see your bench put together so you can enjoy it♥
I loved the Susie-Vines on the arch, and of course, I want to see pictures! (I still think you need one of the plant buggies LOL)
HA!! Yes, it took me forever to figure out where the power settings were in Win 11. I kept clicking the Bing icon and getting aggravated with myself.

@EvelynD2 I wish I lived closer to Liberty Science Center. How far are you from the one in Nashville?
I loved field trips and loved taking my kids to places like that. Scott and Sam took their nephew to LSC on Tuesday and they had a blast :love:

jeanne- don't get me started on the grocery stores moving stuff! One of the benefits of shopping online is that I don't have to deal with that anymore. I only have to figure out why they change the website design GRRR!
HA! No, Ilene wouldn't mind the PJs at all. But we usually go out to eat and I don't want to look like someone who has come from Walmart! ;). Yes, it was a pj day until Mark called to invite me to lunch!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Quick in and out. I'm going to Ilene's today. Just waiting for her to wake up.
The face is much better today. The puffiness is hanging on under the eyes, more so on the right side.
We have rain again today.....3rd day in a row. It did clear out some yesterday and finally reached 70*. My sinuses have been driving me crazy this week!
HAGD!

mywisecrafts

CHEERY O
@EvelynD2 did you used to live in TX? For some reason that is what I had in my head. My brother and his wife as well as nephew and his family just moved from
Memphis to Panama City Beach FL

@faerywings we are literally all over the map. (Hawaii, Japan, Mexico, England and even Europe as a whole). Once changed my dates 3 times and told him I’m not changing dates. Pick a place. (Oh and he just added Jamaica last night). I’m like we have a high strung needy dog that I have to plan for…. (Chop chop make a decision):giggle4:

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Quick in and out again. DSon-in-law is here and will be transferring some stuff from my old computer to the new one. His "continuing education" sessions don't start until 3 PM today so he has time to do that and also spray the weeds in the front yard. It is xeriscape rocks but the weeds grow there... Pain in the patootie!
Yes, they are the gals from my Red Hat group that disbanded a couple of years ago. I am going to have the brown bag lunch at my house in May. I am getting there with the new computer... slowly!!! I keep double clicking and ending up with 2 file finders opened.... things like that. I also discovered that since I loaded PSE19 from the Disc... I don't have the styles, brushes, and other things... so I am having to search my scrapping files to see if I saved them. So I am slow when it comes to scrapping right now.
LOL... I have had my cell phone for 7 months now and am still having trouble remembering how to do things on it. Had Charlie try to show me how to delete spam calls - on his cell, he swipes to the right... not on my cell phone. I have to push down and hold on the number to bring the pop-up window that has delete in it.

I hear him stirring so have to run. BBL

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I've been busy with computer stuff. I bought a 12 T EHD and, just my luck, after loading 2022-2024 photos onto it it crashed. I've been checking other EHDs to see if I can find some of those missing photos (luckily found a lot) and I have 20 memory cards which still have images on them so will keep those to reload again. So I'd say I'm lucky, maybe lost about 20-25% of my photos which is acceptable considering I could have lost them all. I have backblaze starting a new backup which will take at least a few weeks I'm sure and hopefully nothing else goes wrong. At that point I can breath b/c if anything crashes I will have my online backup to restore. I am starting a new catalog with lightroom since photo folders have been moved all over the place, so its easier to start fresh than to try to locate where they moved to. It will take many days/weeks to start loading a new catalog into LR but when it is done, they will be more organized than I have ever had them before.

I've been out for birding, game night, mexican train once a week,, bingo, dog park, pickleball again soon since my chest congestion is better (not gone completely, sure is taking a long time) and ladies luncheons and when home have been working on the photo stuff.

Hope everyone is well and once the computer/photo stuff is up to date then I will have more free time.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good afternoon all,

Well, we're going to the nursery today. It's currently only 61 but it's very windy. Those nursery plastic ceilings will be flapping like crazy. They're like wind tunnels on a good day. We're still lows in the fortys and fifties so I'm getting anxious to have my bench put together. All of the pieces are laying in the corner of my living room and if Ava hadn't wrapped them in blankets, I'd have been stubbing my toe every time I go to put the blinds down at night. That's why she wrapped them up. She knows me.

Chris @faerywings I'll be sure to take pictures of my new plants and yes, those grasses are crazy. They should come with the "grows taller than the house" and don't try to break them without gloves on. They slice your hands like razor blades. I had just finished telling Adrienne that when she got cut. They look so flimsy and harmless. Hey, I just got the next best thing to a plant buggy - my sister showed me pictures of her garden bench and I ordered one on Amazon right away. It's steel framed and you can sit on it to work on digging holes, pulling weeds, etc. then it flips into a kneeling bench. I had never seen one and I also got a carrier that slips over one side so I can carry my tools around. Pretty cool! I know you'll want pictures, so here are the pics my sister sent me. First picture is the setting bench, then the kneeling bench, then how compactly it folds up.

garden-bench-1.jpggarden-bench-2.jpggarden bench-3.jpg

It just kills my knees to crawl around and I have a kneeling pad, but this just looks so much easier. Plus, it has arms on it to help you get up and down. She loves working in her yard, and highly recommended this.

On that darned Windows 11, I swear they hide things from us. I finally figured out where the power button was. Like I said, why do they always have to change things? To make it easier for us? I don't think so. There's a definite learning curve. Windows 10 is going away so we don't have a choice. My IT guy said he thought about a year and that was a few months ago. Who knows?

I'm going to scoot and try to get back later on. I have to get cleaned up and ready to go to the nursery. Hugs to all.
XOXO

Last edited: