Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: September 7-8, Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Errrr....... happy Sunday! looks like I forgot to make a thread here yesterday. I guess I got caught up in the house/family stuff and never gave it another thought.
:sorry:

So, the update on Caitlyn..... *deep sigh* Friday there was a Class meeting for the start of the new year. One of the things that was addressed was a new attendance policy. They are lowering the number of absences allowed before you lose credit for a class. Half year classes, of which Cait has 4, have an ever lower threshold. And, now doctors' notes are not considered to make it an excused absence. So cait was freaking out that she is going to lose credit in all of her classes and her attitude was why even bother since she hates school anyway?
I can't help her re: the friends and social anxiety that she is feeling-- I can listen and advise, but the bulk of that needs to come from herself--- but Man, can I write letters!

I spent an hour crafting a letter that I sent to the principal and the superintendent of the district and CC'd a copy to her guidance counselor. I politely explained that both of my kids have multiple chronic illnesses and that they have complex and intensive treatment. I said that they have legal protections with their 504 Plans and Scott's IEP. I invited them to speak to me, their doctor (I offered to set up a phone consult), and the kids themselves. I also made it very clear that I, as their parent, need to balance their health needs with their educational ones. I had Gary and Cait read it, tweaked it a bit, then mailed copies off to them.

Then I had to email all of Caitlyn's teachers so they would be aware that her 504 Plan was updated and that they needed to be aware of her diagnoses and her limitations in the classroom. Sadly, 504 Plans are pretty much ignored so I have to really stand up for her on that.

Why didn't anyone say that parenting teenagers was just SO MUCH FUN??????????:lalala:

I did scrap a page yesterday too!! whhhheeeeee! I did Ona's amazing Creative Techniques challenge which was perfect for the page I wanted to do for my MIL's birthday gift. She had taken a photo while in Ireland of twho white horses laying in a field of yellow flowers. Gary gave them unicorn horns and I scrapped them using Ona's technique. I think that she is going to like it!

I have a few more pages I need to make today for the gifts b/c tomorrow I am off to buy frames.

Hope that you all have a wonderful day and that the weather looks as sweet for you as it does here. Sunny and 75*-- a bit cold for me, but at least its not snow!!!

hugs and love!

nancyr

Good morning - not much going on in my world. Got the lawn mowed which was good but I must say it turned into such pain. The mower has to be started by hand instead of the electric start as the charger got thrown away so I have to ask one of the boys to start it. But once it starts then I can restart it. Well I my son first and when he finds he has to put gas in it he refuses. Really. So then my husband comes out and looks and says I dont need gas. Really! Then he is like throwing a temper tantrum that he has to help me start it. Really. It is not like he is mowing the lawn. I think I need to look on line and see if I can find the charger so I can do away with asking for help. What I really wish is that I had an old fashioned push mower. No gas no electricity just me power. Well it did get done and both of them said wow that did not take long. Duh! I watched a lot of tennis and it was amazing men's final between Novak Djokavic and Stan Wawrinka I hope I spelled them correctly LOL. Rafael Nadal won easily but still fun to watch. Today is the start of football season. Looking forward to that. And of course get in some scrapping.

Chris I know that from my experience with IEPs that unless you stay on top of the teachers they will just ignore it. My feeling still is that you get your teenager through high school and college will be a breeze. In college you are not in classes continuously and you are taking core classes along with classes that really interest you. So all the hard work Chris you are putting in now will be rewarded. I looked at so many of my friends and wondered why is I have to work so hard to get them through high school when most parents kids did every thing on their own. But the reward now of seeing my sons happy young men with one married makes me realize that all that I put into getting them through school was worth it. But omgosh it was so hard! Working full time and then coming home to homework sucked. So I wish you good luck and know that you are not the only one. If I could make it through you will to. You are super strong!

Have a great day all!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... whew finally back to the West Coast and so heartbroken to not be able to see my sweet grandson Mason and DD every morning!!! He truly was the sunshine in the mornings with his sweet little smile and wonderful disposition!! I keep telling my DD over and over that she is so lucky to have such a good baby!! Many many tears were shed when we parted and even now I am crying just thinking about them! :sorry: I don't mean to be a downer on your Sunday, but oh how I wish they just lived down the street instead of over 2000 miles away!!

Chris - no one said how difficult raising teenagers is, especially the high school years, but you can do it my friend, I did and I had issues with my son and drugs for a bit also. It is the hardest job in the world to try and make decent human beings out of our children!! Heather was like Janet from another planet LOL and then the illness too!! Oh my I look back and wonder how we made it through those awful years!! But they are both wonderful adults now, my son is in the military and is getting another promotion soon, he is a wonderful husband, father and son and I could not be more proud of how he turned out!! My DD is the light of my life and the strongest woman I know, she is a fabulous mom and now my only wish for her is that she is happy with her man and that they will someday move closer to us! So you see it will be a hard few years!! But you will make it, this is for certain!! You are an amazing mom and you will do what you know to be best for your babies!! :hug:

Nancy - I think you definitely need to find that electric start charger for your lawn mower. I don't cut the grass anymore, DD is far to fussy about how it is done and I never seemed to get it quite right. So I told him that I would never cut it again!! Now its his job and he can keep it!! He does a much better job of it anyway :becky: As for the old fashioned push lawn mower?? Are you crazy? Do you know how hard those things are to push?? But maybe you do not live on a hill like I do. LOL Enjoy your football today and hope you find some time to do some scrapping today also.

I am off to the grocery store today to fill the cupboards and my very empty fridge. Then hopefully some garden work and I think its time to take down the hanging baskets, they are pretty much done and are looking pretty sad! Wish I could scrap, but my Imac is in for repair and not sure when I will have it back. All of my scrap supplies are on my external hard drive and it is no longer formatted for my old PC, so I won't be able to do any pages until I get my mac back :sad: Going to see if I can get my layouts that I did before I left to Ontario downloaded to the gallery. At least I can catch up on some commenting in the gallery today. My old PC is so slow, don't know how DH can stand using it, but at least it still works! Hope you all have a fabulous Sunday! Oh and BTW the Eagles concert was fantastic, they are all showing their age, but still have that wonderful sound and our seats on the floor were great! Nice and close and so much fun!! :wave:

Last edited by a moderator:

hondachicc

Trudy...You can have my kiddos for a while...I need a break :pound: I know you are heartbroken my sweet friend!!! :hug: :kiss: You need to skype like Phylis does!!! I am not around much, but YOUR COMPUTER BROKE? You haven't had it that long!! So sorry sweetie!!! I hope you get it back soon!!! AWESOME ABOUT THE CONCERT!! BEEN YEARS SINCE I LISTENED TO THE EAGLES!!

Nancy.....your lawn mowing experiences sound like some of my projects!!!! But...as for lawn mowing..don't laugh...but I have NEVER mowed the lawn!! :twitch:

Chris...awe sweetie....you keep fighting...I know that they way they see it, your kids are just two more numbers....pppfffttt...schools!!! It's so hard when you face so many challenges..... You keep fighting...no one else is going to....it's a real shame too!! I wish I had good advice for you...and how to actually get someone to do something...but I have fought these battles for years...with my kids and now my grandkids...we are in a battle with the school already over Jaiden's OT...uuggghh!! LOTS OF LOVE!!!!

Well...we had a busy weekend...started out with Jesse's football game, then onto a trip to the country to do a little target practice with the boys and ride the fourwheeler....and today, Alison came by for a quick visit on her way home, we went grocery shopping ($450 later.....we are broke) and then Savannah Grace had her birthday party....she is four now ♥ she wanted a BOWLING/COSTUME party...yep...so they all dressed up in costumes and went bowling!!! HEHE!! She definitely has her OWN style!! JESSE WAS A ROCK STAR AT HIS GAME!!!!! TWO TOUCHDOWNS (RAN THE BALL THE LENGTH OF THE FIELD BOTH TIMES!!!)

Lots of love ladies...I miss you!!!