Oscraps

Daily Ooos: October 19-20: Weekend Edition

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:coffeedrinker: Oh, how I looooove my coffee in the morning ♥
It is such a nicer and gentler way to start your day than not being allowed to have it. Yesterday, I wasn't able to get rid of the caffeine withdrawal headache at all—even after having coffee and taking Aleve.
I think I am done with fasting and medical tests for now. *knocks wood* I got the Calcium Score right then and there and my risk is calculated at 0. dance4 Obviously, I'll need to talk "officially" with the cardiologist but my arteries are clear and the recommendation is to get rescreened in 3-5 years based on family history.

We got back here a little before lunchtime and then I didn't know what to do with myself. I felt crummy and tired but didn't want to do nothing since that would make me feel crummier and tired-er. I went into the attic to bring down my winter clothes and ran them through the laundry. At least that is one less thing to have hanging over my head. I also finished prepping my AJ challenge for week 4.

The weather is lovely but we are going to need rain and soon. Driving past the reservoir yesterday, I was shocked at how low it is. No rain in the next 10 days either. That makes it great for work but not so great for much else. I am off to the FP this morning and I hope that have some fun stuff to go along with the rice and flour I need. ;) I have to be at work around 4.30 for the Wicked Walk. Did I tell you that I am not a Guide? Thank goodness for that! I am helping at the campfire which is the last stop of the tour. We are having cider and hot chocolate and someone is telling ghost stories. My (non)conundrum is what to wear. I am wearing Caitlyn's fleece bat costume but between the temps (near 70 today) and the fire, I'm going to be sweating my butt off. ;)
I think is going to be a lot of fun though!

Anything fun happening with you this weekend? I hope you have a wonderful day!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@vickyday what a spectacular view, your DS is lucky to enjoy that! Sorry about the traffic, I hope it's easier to get through on your way home.

@taxed4ever I'll take some of that rain off your hands if you like. I hope that you can go to your Tea Reading, I know you always have a fantastic time with that.
So smart of you to not tell FIL where you were going :giggle4: Sorry that he worried but at least it was just the girls enjoying the time together. Are you going back to the restaurant next month too? Sounds very cozy with the heaters and blankets :)

@AK_Tracy I felt bad for the girl whose pumpkin cracked. She is very sensitive to begin with and if I had to choose the last person to have that happen to, it would have been her.

See Chris!! I am NOT crazy!! (maybe I am) Its an amazing experience and its not like getting out of a hot shower into a cold room. Its so different and spectacular to sit in a hot tub outside in the winter. You dont mind the cold because youre so hot.
yeah, I am not buying that LOL! I literally have to psych myself up and countdown 3-2-1 to turn the water off and get out of the shower. Hope you and the fam had an awesome pizza and movie night!

@BrightEyes It seems that you are back to feeling like yourself again! What kits did you use for the challenges?

@JeanneMN you :crazy:
Our hot tub has it's own room. When we use it we open the windows a big patio door and let outdoors in. I've used them outside- too and OMG, you don't know what you 're missing. I love it when it's below 0, sit in 104°. water & so steamy you can hardly see the other person. We have a fan going and have had it sleet inside, the steam on fan blades shoots off as ice crystals.
This sounds AWFUL!
:rotfl:
OTOH, the time with the grandkids sounds incredible- that would boost my mood for days ♥ I love that you are passing on female empowerment to Lauren.

Kay-- thank you for the heads up on the chicken recall. It's hard to keep track of them all.

Hugs!!

mimes1

CHEERY O
Hello everyone! This has been a super busy week with nothing but work, dogs, and dog emergencies. My brother will be here in a few hours to deliver my Grandpas Secretary desk, so I can't stay and play right now. But I wanted to check in, I'm thinking about all of you, and I have greatly missed being here this week. I'll be back later this afternoon.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
:coffeedrinker: Oh, how I looooove my coffee in the morning ♥
It is such a nicer and gentler way to start your day than not being allowed to have it. Yesterday, I wasn't able to get rid of the caffeine withdrawal headache at all—even after having coffee and taking Aleve.
I think I am done with fasting and medical tests for now. *knocks wood* I got the Calcium Score right then and there and my risk is calculated at 0. dance4 Obviously, I'll need to talk "officially" with the cardiologist but my arteries are clear and the recommendation is to get rescreened in 3-5 years based on family history.

We got back here a little before lunchtime and then I didn't know what to do with myself. I felt crummy and tired but didn't want to do nothing since that would make me feel crummier and tired-er. I went into the attic to bring down my winter clothes and ran them through the laundry. At least that is one less thing to have hanging over my head. I also finished prepping my AJ challenge for week 4.

The weather is lovely but we are going to need rain and soon. Driving past the reservoir yesterday, I was shocked at how low it is. No rain in the next 10 days either. That makes it great for work but not so great for much else. I am off to the FP this morning and I hope that have some fun stuff to go along with the rice and flour I need. ;) I have to be at work around 4.30 for the Wicked Walk. Did I tell you that I am not a Guide? Thank goodness for that! I am helping at the campfire which is the last stop of the tour. We are having cider and hot chocolate and someone is telling ghost stories. My (non)conundrum is what to wear. I am wearing Caitlyn's fleece bat costume but between the temps (near 70 today) and the fire, I'm going to be sweating my butt off. ;)
I think is going to be a lot of fun though!

Anything fun happening with you this weekend? I hope you have a wonderful day!
So glad to hear the good report from the calcium test!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
@vickyday what a spectacular view, your DS is lucky to enjoy that! Sorry about the traffic, I hope it's easier to get through on your way home.

@taxed4ever I'll take some of that rain off your hands if you like. I hope that you can go to your Tea Reading, I know you always have a fantastic time with that.
So smart of you to not tell FIL where you were going :giggle4: Sorry that he worried but at least it was just the girls enjoying the time together. Are you going back to the restaurant next month too? Sounds very cozy with the heaters and blankets :)

@AK_Tracy I felt bad for the girl whose pumpkin cracked. She is very sensitive to begin with and if I had to choose the last person to have that happen to, it would have been her.

yeah, I am not buying that LOL! I literally have to psych myself up and countdown 3-2-1 to turn the water off and get out of the shower. Hope you and the fam had an awesome pizza and movie night!

@BrightEyes It seems that you are back to feeling like yourself again! What kits did you use for the challenges?

@JeanneMN you :crazy:

This sounds AWFUL!
:rotfl:
OTOH, the time with the grandkids sounds incredible- that would boost my mood for days ♥ I love that you are passing on female empowerment to Lauren.

Kay-- thank you for the heads up on the chicken recall. It's hard to keep track of them all.

Hugs!!
We may be leaving here early morning to avoid the traffic going back home!!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good morning,
Clutz Vicky here...I did it again...ended up in the ER after tripping on a tree root yesterday. We went to brunch at Cracker Barrel and then went to the Guntersville Dam and park for pictures and while walking around I stubbed my toe on a tree root and went down. Landed on my left side and stoved my right hand into the ground. I could have sworn my right wrist was broken and possibly some ribs and my left elbow hurt. So off to the ER we went. X-rays were done and thank the Lord no bones are broken. Just strains and sprains and bruises. If I don't quit scaring my son and DIL they are going to stop letting me come to visit, lol.
60330.jpeg

I'm happy to report my camera seems to have survived the fall! My boob is sore from the lens cap being in the left pocket of the plaid shirt I was wearing, being the side I landed on. I've been icing my right wrist off and on. I'm really stiff and sore today as is expected. But I will survive!

AK_Tracy

Good morning Lovely O Fam!

This is great news!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!
Clutz Vicky here...I did it again...ended up in the ER
Oh Vicky. I'm so glad youre okay and nothing was broken! I did giggle that they took a photo of you on the ground. That would be my family too, take a photo then check on me.

Hi @mimes1 Amy! Missed you this week!!!

Todays the coldest yet, 20* and Friday they say white shall fall. I wont say the word yet as I know you all are still in fall and beautiful temps.

Today is work. Then nothing this evening so yeah! Scrapped a couple personal pages yesterday. I'm about two weeks behind in my layouts but that's okay. Off to get more coffee.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
The winds were crazy yesterday all day then the rain started last evening. Forecast is for rain all day. So glad I put the winter heavy comforter on the bed yesterday. It felt so good last night. I plan on staying in today. There was snow last night in several of the mountains and along the continental divide to the west of us. I prefer the rain to snow!!
Not quite over it but feeling better. I used CarolW's October Feeling and her Oct Template. And November's Breathe by et designs for the Big Photo Challenge. I called my sister yesterday to alert her about the chicken recall and she had a couple of the frozen meals, too. Glad I was at the store and saw the recall yesterday as I was planning on having one of those frozen meals last night!!!

Heading for the shower and then into some warmer clothes... At least the house stayed warm (70*F) without the heat turned on. HAGD