Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday (yes, it is Monday!), November 28 (also correct)

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
#coffee
I raise a glass (mug) of coffee or whatever caffeinated beverage you drink to you all.
If you don't drink anything caffeinated then you are as much a psychopath as Eva is with her ketchup on spaghetti.

Is everyone fully recovered from the weekend whether it was a long one or a regular one? Hope so! For myself included. I think it feels like a Monday so that is a decent start. *g*
I did three loads of laundry yesterday and that was the bulk of what I did. I am listening to a podcast called Edith! - a semi-true story of Edith Wilson as she took over (some?? all????) presidential duties after Woodrow had a stroke. It is really funny so that made the time fly.
I also got started on my Christmas shopping-- thank you, Amazon. I think I picked out the family game of the year too. It's called Ravine and it looks right up our alley. Very quirky. My mom is coming up tomorrow so I am going to be helping her with her online shopping again. She wanted to drive to the outlets -- an hour away from her- when she can get so much more done by point and clicking. And no detriment to her health. SMH-- I go through this every year with her. If she wants to wander through TJ MAXX or Home Goods, even the mall by her house-- go for it, Mom! But to drive that far and the outlets are huge- and then have to drive home... I know *I* can't do it without it taking a toll.

Not much happening today. I need to work on food shopping because Christmas baking time is almost here. That means I need to climb inside my kitchen cabinet to sort through the ingredients and figure out what else I need to stock up on.

I am getting excited about Christmas. That's a good sign. Not ready for Christmas music yet, but my neighbor put their lights up and it looks very pretty :)

Have a fabulous day!!
xo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord I know, right-- it has been such a long time since Gary was able to come anywhere with us. It really is progress that he was able to make it to a bunch of family parties this year as well as PA. I know you remember how upset I always was that he couldn't leave the house for more than an hour at a time.
I bet it felt amazing to decorate with the family. Jianna must have been in awe at how kooky Americans are with how much we decorate LOL

@tanteva hahahahahahaha!!! ;) Congrats on the Revenge GSO at JA.
I am not ready for the music just yet, but if I had a dancing reindeer like you do, I just might have to put some on.
Ummmmm-- a small problem with your meme--- that rat would never let itself get eaten by the cat. They are way too smart and have really big teeth. (Mice, on the other hand, are hampered by how small they are and not quite as smart as rats LOL)
Can't wait to see the finished hat! And yes-- that is the one I made last year

@bcgal00 Is Jen going back to Vancouver for the dentist again? It sure will feel quiet w/o her and Bella.
How was the parade? Were you able to get around ok?

@BrightEyes I can't imagine how cold it must be up in the hot air balloons but I bet they look pretty in the sky.
That is wonderful that you had a quiet and low-key Thanksgiving- bonus to have leftovers for Christmas too, yay!
It's great to see personals from you -- ( you know what is coming!) --don't overdo it!
:)eek:gah! I can't help myself, I am 100% turning into my mother!:eek:)

@scrap-genie It always makes me soooo happy when you pop in here, I really miss hearing about your genealogy work and DH's H&S. But I get it if you aren't feeling chatty, you stare are the screen, then the keyboard, back at the screen and log off.
So sorry that the dental work has been such a rough go for you, all fingers are crossed that the oral surgeon will finish it up as painlessly as possible xo

@Cherylndesigns It sounds like things are wrapping up for you in FL, the weeks really went by so fast. It must have been hard to say goodbye to Asher but that is fab news he will be visiting you in OK again!
Big hugs to you for the next couple of days. I am sure it's really hard to leave Steph but I also know that you raised really tough and strong kids. Like you! ♥

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
If you don't drink anything caffeinated then you are as much a psychopath as Eva is with her ketchup on spaghetti.
Does my intake of 4-5 mugs of strong coffee each day kinda cancel out the ketchup effect on my psychopathy???

LSlycord

Good morning ladies! It is Monday...and I agree, it feels like Monday. Maybe because we are so close to Christmas and it seems like there is so much to get done. There really isn't that much that needs to be done. It is mainly habit to think of how much needs to be done in preparation for Christmas.

Beautiful day here...it is 54 and sunny this morning and supposed to get to 79. Shaun has an appointment with the urologist after class today. They did another CT on Friday so they hopefully have everything that they need to tell us what is going on.

My cousin's daughter and her 4 year old son are coming to stay the first week in January...Syd will still be home for a few days. It will be fun to have Ash and Cam around and will help with Syd's heading back to college.

I'm going to re-fill my coffee cup and then I'll be back for personals.

LSlycord

Oh @tanteva, I think that the 4-5 strong cups of coffee daily is similar to my intake and I don't think that it really cancels out many of my psychopathic tendencies...but maybe keeps some from forming!

@faerywings that game looks like fun. Brian won't play games. But speaking of Brian, I think that he would love that podcast about Edith Wilson. Who is the podcast owner? (Is it owner? Is it author? #dk I don't even know the correct terminology.)

@scrap-genie yes, Syd had season tickets to the UF home football games this year and so she follows the football team. I mentioned that next year's game will be the Friday after Thanksgiving in Gainesville and she said that she would go back for that game. So sorry to hear about the dental problems. Hope they are able to get them resolved today!

@Cherylndesigns thinking of you today as you head to Steph's doctor's appointment. And excellent news about Asher coming for two weeks next summer.

@bcgal00 I had to laugh about you not wanting to fall with the camera. That sounds like me...when really I should just not want to fall at all. I don't miss walking on ice!

@BrightEyes I love that you already have your Christmas dinner prepared. LOL Glad that the Christmas decorations make you smile...I feel the same. And the lanai smells like pine which makes me smile as well!

Ok...I'm off to strip the bedding from the rooms where the girls were. That's my big accomplishment for today!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Not sure why but I had a really restless night - kept waking up off and on. And was having crazy dreams when I did sleep. Have a feeling that a nap... or 2 or 3 naps... may be needed today. :rolleyes: I did get the guest bedroom sheets laundered and the bed remade yesterday - along with getting the towels washed. So all caught up on the household chores. Yes, Momma Chris... I was being careful and spreading out doing chores. Seems a bit strange to have most everything done for Christmas before the end of November. :D Going to fix French Toast for breakfast. I have some 'going stale' bread that needs to be used up. I will freeze the extras.

Off to get another #coffee. Hope you all have a good day.

scrap-genie

I'm back from the oral surgeon and all seems taken care of. In fact, I feel more awake than I have since last Tuesday (but then they did give me a pain pill before I left the office!) My article with the Dec. 15 deadline has stalled all this time, but maybe now I can get in gear. Christmas is doing better as the last of my gifts for DH should arrive Wed. and we have ideas to finish off for BiL just leaving a pet store visit for a gift for the evil cat. Last year I did very minimal decorating and this will probably be similar. Soon DH will have to bring the poinsettia down and it is looking great. H&S is doing a Christmas sing along for the condo community where they now meet, this time in the evening, on Dec. 15. But, oh yikes, I keep forgetting the family (history) newsletter needs doing too. GAH!

Chris @faerywings I know you'll be biting your tongue helping mom shop online, but you always survive that. Other than that you sound really good for a Monday.

Eva @tanteva I don't think any amount of coffee is going to redeem you for the ketchup in Chris' eyes! But that many cups might CAUSE some odd behavior. And, yes, the English name for the bird is Bohemian Waxwing but I like the Swedish name better.

Linda @LSlycord good news other relatives will be visiting. And think more about when Syd comes back and less about when she leaves again. (Ha, easier said than done.) Your weather sounds lovely and I'd like to be smelling pine on a lanai!

Kay @BrightEyes your Christmas decorating has led to such nice LOs so I know you're enjoying them. And all that food waiting for you too! Glad you keep taking it easy though.

Cheryl @Cherylndesigns hope Steph's results are all good making it easier to leave her on her own. Somehow I never got the idea my mother missed any of us as when she retired, she moved far away from all the family to enjoy a different climate. That was also before cheap phone calls, facetime, etc. I know the rest of you here are very different from her. ;)

Rae @bcgal00 your photo, bird, dog stories in the interior are all so great. Glad that Kamloops has turned into an adventure for all of you.

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I have a sort of funny story when it comes to Bohemian Waxwings - funny because it has a happy ending, otherwise it wouldn't be a nice story.

If apples are left on the trees, they might start a yeast process - hence they can make birds drunk. This happened to one of the Bohemian Waxwings, and he flew right into our window. I thought he'd died, he was lying just outside the window. Urban wanted to go out and check, but luckily I had just seen on TV that you shouldn't mess with them. Just let them lie there. Most of the time they are absolutely fine, just either passed out or shocked from the impact, and if you leave them alone, they will eventually fly away. If you go out and start handle them, you can actually stress them so much that they die. (I guess in combination with the stress already from the accident.) We spent all day watching if he still was there, and he was for hours. But finally, when we checked, he had flown.

Lesson of the story: if drunk, don't attempt to fly.

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good evening ladies. Never made it in here earlier. I was busy with the dogs this morning (more than usual). With Bella being away for a few days, I have to work harder with Remi to work off the energy and keep her busy. I wonder how many more years until she slows down...maybe 1 or 2 more (fingers crossed). She'll be 2 at the end of December.

@faerywings Jen went back to the dentist, has to do Bailey's taxes and some other legal stuff. She'll be back Wed or Thurs hopefully, it depends on the weather and if she can get through the mountain pass, there is a lot of snow and ice.

@LSlycord yes, I am more concerned with harming the camera than myself LOL.

@scrap-genie Jean, you are always so busy. I'm glad you enjoy my photos.

@tanteva I never knew that about the birds and apples. We have an apple tree and didn't notice any different behavior but next fall I will watch them.

I better go make dinner. Talk tomorrow.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Good evening, my lovelies.

Thank you all for your sweet well-wishes about Steph's doctor visit. We went to her surgeon today and he was extremely pleased with her progress. He's the sweetest man - so kind and caring. She says to tell all of you thanks so much for asking about her every day. All of our kids feel like we're family, don't they?

We've had a busy day - went to see the surgeon, then drove across town to get her scripts, which weren't ready. The traffic was bumper-to-bumper by then and we knew it would be a couple of hours wait. I suggested we go find a place to get some food and we found a really cool outdoor bar/restaurant tiki hut place. We had a good dinner, sat in front of a waterfall and enjoyed the ambiance. By the time we ate, her scripts were ready so we went back and picked them up. When we finally got home, her friend had come over to say good-bye. Her friend, Melina was who picked me up at the airport and she's taken me to the grocery store, had us over for Thanksgiving and done a lot for Steph. I had a canvas made for her at Walgreen's - the layout is on FB - the layout with the big dragon fly on it. She was absolutely thrilled with it because she LOVES dragon flies.

I promise I'll do personals as soon as I get home - it might be December 1st, but I'll get back with it. LOVE and hugs to all and keep me in your good thoughts as I fly tomorrow. You all know how much I hate it. I got my boarding pass today, so I guess I'm official.

XOXO