Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, October 7

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Who is ready/not ready for the new week? It's the first full week of October, how did this happen? My house is spookified and Moe is busy on the front lawn, so we are officially in Halloween Mode! (I added "spookified" to my Grammarly dictionary. I am tired of dismissing it every time it gets spellchecked LOL!)
For those of you who weren't here last October, Moe and Vick are Halloween props that Gary puts on the lawn. It started maybe 15 years ago with a "man" pushing a lawn mover over a pair of jeans. Moe is the lawnmower operator and Vick is the Victim. Gary has pieces and parts of different motors that make the legs move and it typically breaks down a few times a day. But we get people stopping on the street to take photos and that makes it worth it. It's like the neighborhood's official start to the season.
Gary did *not* want to do anything this time, but Scott talked him into it. Within minutes of setting up, the first kid said that he loves seeing it every year. Braxton and Linguine O'Brien watched TV with us last night and only had to hide their eye sockets a few times.

I am working a field trip this morning-- Insect Adaptations-- so I hope to pick up more info and facts to share with everyone I come in contact with. Whether they want to hear them or not. :floorlaugh:

Better get my day started, I am out of practice getting to work in the mornings these days. Wishing all of you a fantastic Monday and week ahead!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
heh, I reread what I posted and I sound even more off my rocker than usual. :crazy:

@vickyday The sun setting makes such a huge difference in the temperature. Add in the wind on the bike and no wonder you got cold on the way home from dinner.
I sure hope you slept better/later last night than the night before. It never seems to make a difference for me the following night. 90% of the time I will still wake up around 1 am, then again at 3, and then again at 4.30 for good. yuck.

@AK_Tracy ((((((hugs))))) to you, my friend! It's hard enough to keep yourself together when you are in pain and to have the added stress of working-- it has to be awful.

@BrightEyes *fingers crossed the wind direction changes for the balloons*
Good luck with the mammo!

@Cherylndesigns Did you get your LO in the gallery? I saw a bunch of pages by Trudy this morning on FB but I don't think I saw any new ones of yours.

Hugs!!
:grouphugyay:

BoatLady

Don't seem to catch a break here. Saturday I drove 4 plus hours to Pompano to spend time with friends...only to turn around to come back home yesterday in torrential rain and 2 accidents. We are getting ready to pack up trailer and take off to higher ground. We were told to evacuate so prepping the house. Most of our friends are heading out of town. I hope everyone in Milton's way stays safe.

bitzee

Debby, stay safe. Back-to-back storms are so scary. So many people are still exhausted and vulnerable from the first storm. Take care.

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Who is ready/not ready for the new week? It's the first full week of October, how did this happen? My house is spookified and Moe is busy on the front lawn, so we are officially in Halloween Mode! (I added "spookified" to my Grammarly dictionary. I am tired of dismissing it every time it gets spellchecked LOL!)
For those of you who weren't here last October, Moe and Vick are Halloween props that Gary puts on the lawn. It started maybe 15 years ago with a "man" pushing a lawn mover over a pair of jeans. Moe is the lawnmower operator and Vick is the Victim. Gary has pieces and parts of different motors that make the legs move and it typically breaks down a few times a day. But we get people stopping on the street to take photos and that makes it worth it. It's like the neighborhood's official start to the season.
Gary did *not* want to do anything this time, but Scott talked him into it. Within minutes of setting up, the first kid said that he loves seeing it every year. Braxton and Linguine O'Brien watched TV with us last night and only had to hide their eye sockets a few times.

I am working a field trip this morning-- Insect Adaptations-- so I hope to pick up more info and facts to share with everyone I come in contact with. Whether they want to hear them or not. :floorlaugh:

Better get my day started, I am out of practice getting to work in the mornings these days. Wishing all of you a fantastic Monday and week ahead!
I would love to see Moe and Vick (glad the "vic" isn't me, LOL) in action! Not sure attaching a short movie clip is available to do here, but if so, I would love to see it! ;)
Have fun with the insects today, whether the kids do, or not! :floorlaugh:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
heh, I reread what I posted and I sound even more off my rocker than usual. :crazy:

@vickyday The sun setting makes such a huge difference in the temperature. Add in the wind on the bike and no wonder you got cold on the way home from dinner.
I sure hope you slept better/later last night than the night before. It never seems to make a difference for me the following night. 90% of the time I will still wake up around 1 am, then again at 3, and then again at 4.30 for good. yuck.

@AK_Tracy ((((((hugs))))) to you, my friend! It's hard enough to keep yourself together when you are in pain and to have the added stress of working-- it has to be awful.

@BrightEyes *fingers crossed the wind direction changes for the balloons*
Good luck with the mammo!

@Cherylndesigns Did you get your LO in the gallery? I saw a bunch of pages by Trudy this morning on FB but I don't think I saw any new ones of yours.

Hugs!!
:grouphugyay:
Slept like a baby! Not even a potty break!

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Don't seem to catch a break here. Saturday I drove 4 plus hours to Pompano to spend time with friends...only to turn around to come back home yesterday in torrential rain and 2 accidents. We are getting ready to pack up trailer and take off to higher ground. We were told to evacuate so prepping the house. Most of our friends are heading out of town. I hope everyone in Milton's way stays safe.
Prayers for safety! :praying2:

vickyday

Love my O Family!
CHEERY O
Good Morning,
Today is the day to straighten up from the weekend. That means putting things back where they belong.....if I'm still not in the middle of a project with them, LOL!
I slept like a baby last night after not sleeping Saturday night!
I spent all yesterday afternoon getting pages ready to upload to Persnickety to take advantage of their fall sale. I uploaded 308 pages from May 2023 to September 2024! Holy Moly! I already had some of it paid for (thank goodness) from where I purchased some prepaid packets of 50 either last year or the year before but never took the time to use. As with everything else they have had to raise their prices, but it is still a good deal to me. I love their turn-around (very quickly processing) and the pages are beautiful! I had 182 8x8 pages, 62 12x12's, and 64 8.5x11's. The 8.5x11's are my motorcycle pages and my ATC scripture collections I've done this year (21 so far!). I need to go ahead and order another 50 of the 8.5x11 because I will need 19 at least for a complete year of the ATCs and the rest I can use for bike pages. Yes, I need to do that! The sale is for 25% off.
Mark just called and wants to do lunch, so I'm going to close this and do another order at Persnickety while the sale is still on today, the last day. The code is FALL2024 if you are interested!
Have a great day!
PS - Thanks to those of you who have been able to participate in my challenge this month so far. The pages have been great! I'm so glad I went with that poem!