Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, November 29

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Good morning, my dears! Well, I didn't sleep as well last night as I did the night before but I guess that not every night will be awesome. I am not bleary so that is a plus. (wait until the caffeine wears off LOL)

I realized yesterday that part of my mental state of confusion was that I wasn't using the to-do list again. I had been scribbling a few things down, just enough to give me the *illusion* that I was staying on task. This morning I have a much better list and hopefully will be able to stay more focused.
Gary put the lights on the tree and it looks pretty even without any ornaments. He used the white lights since that is what I prefer. He likes colored lights on the tree so this was kind of him. <3
While he was working on that, I pulled out the cookie ingredients from the cabinets and pantry and everywhere I had shoved a bag of sugar or choc chips. LOL I spread them out on the island and then attempted to see what I was going to need. I think I will be good with only one more bag of brown sugar, confectioner sugar, and some almonds. Everything else looked like there's enough. I am going to get started baking today, just 2 trays of Magic Bars. Those are next to impossible to screw up so I can get them in the freezer and tell myself I am on track with baking too. The ways I try to trick myself into thinking I am doing more than I actually am!! hahaha!!

I didn't finish the LO so that's also on the list for today. My mom is calling this afternoon, she needs help with some more online shopping. Yippee(?)

How about, you, do you have any good plans for the day?
Make it a great one!! xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@LSlycord that must have felt incredible to sleep until 8.30. How sweet that Syd snuggled with you too. She is such an amazing girl! Were you able to get nice photos of the lights?
I hope you got the things done on your list too. Mmm, peanut brittle!

@bcgal00 The rain sounds awful and your yard must be a mess from it. :( I hope it ends much sooner than Wednesday. You'll be floating away otherwise.
have fun scrapping on the laptop!
Thanks for the gift suggestions, I have so many pairs of fuzzy socks and mittens that I had to ask everyone to not get me more. hahaha! I don't read magazines or cookbooks anymore, everything is on the internet. pfft. I did ask for a few skeins of basic yarn. I don't have any projects in mind so I wasn't sure what to ask for.
I did come up with a suggestion for my ILs but then realized how expensive it was. I thought maybe a month or two of Hello Fresh or Blue Apron would be awesome. But for 2 meals a week, feeding 4 people it was $60-$70/week. But at least I had an idea!
Hope your back is better today!

@tjscraps Happy Birthday! bet it felt great to be home with the family. Hope that DH's with starts to stabilize quickly

@Cherylndesigns I am sure that your tree will be stunning in no time!
I am really glad you both are getting boosters. All of my fingers and toes are crossed for no reaction too
Ugh about Cam's GF being a long-term one. How is the cold today? Breathing any better?

@tanteva November has not been kind to you-- here is to it being over and to a much happier and stress-free December!

That goes for all of us!!
[grouphug smilie]

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
Hey, if a todo-list is tricky to follow for some reason: try a tada!-list. I do that from time to time, and it's really been great. A massive todo-list can be scary for me, but instead making a list of everything I have done, feels more rewarding. It's like collecting rewards.

Also, todo-lists often makes me "cheat" in the way that I do the easy stuff & avoid the more difficult tasks. But that might be just me. Lol

At work right now. Just had lunch. Looks like it is a easy day at work today. But I guess I just jinxed that. Lol

Btw, jinx is one of my favorite words in English. We don’t have a word for that in Sweden. At least that I can come to think of. It's such a useful word. Lol

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Popping in early this AM so I don't forget to post... that happened yesterday. Read the thread but got distracted and forgot to come back in here. I updated my siggy since the old one was about Feb! ! ! :rolleyes: The new one should be good until next year...giggle, giggle... Of course, this year has been full of changes in software here so didn't think about the siggy until yesterday. Trying to get into the holiday spirit so that is a step in the right direction. My neighbor across the street turned on his Christmas yard decorations last night... so pretty. Will be seeing more and more of them as the HOA lighting contest will be judged in 2 weeks.

@LSlycord saw your photos on FB... looks like it was a fun tour even if it was on the cool side.

@tjscraps Happy Birthday!!! Glad you are back home from the trip. Sorry your DH is still losing weight - hope the meds kick in soon and that stops.

@tanteva I like your tada!-list.... like seeing what is accomplished - not what is left to do. Hope that the co-workers get over whatever is making everyone sick. That is the pits during the holiday season.

@Cherylndesigns Glad you got to be with Cam and gf... just sorry she was acting like that. Bet your tree will be wonderful. Had to LOL about wondering where the decorations were after the move. My DH said more than a few words the first time he climbed into the attic to find ours after our last move. He put up a long rack of shelves in the garage so he wouldn't have to haul them up and down the ladder to the attic.

@faerywings Glad the tree arrived and your Gary was so sweet to put the white lights on it that you prefer. Understand the quandary when ask what you want for presents this year.... good luck on figuring that out.

@bcgal00 - Sorry you are getting more rain... again!!! Hope it doesn't flood any more. Wish you could send that rain my way as we sure could use it. Bet the dogs are having so much fun playing in the water and mud. Glad the back is getting better and the fall didn't make the lower back problem worse.

Time to get another cup of coffee then work on some CT stuff. Hope you all have a good week.

nancyr

good morning - a sunny day and cold. I can't tell you how nice it is to have the day alone. The wedding is over, then I had two Thanksgivings, one on Thursday with my oldest son and one on Sat with both sons. My son finally got his new smoker up and running so we had great food. Smoked turkey makes awesome sandwiches. Great left overs too! However as nice as that was I am feeling a bit not unloved but more that what matters to me most is last on any one else's list. I hate going to the grocery store and they all know it. I asked my DH since he was going would he get what I needed for this salad I make. Well he says he is going but then does not. Then he takes the car and Luther and goes for a 2 hour walk so I cannot get to the store. He comes home and is then angry at me because I am upset. But I do the nice to angry stuff. Amazing how just being nice works. Just because he is jerk does not mean I will act the same way. Then there are the hockey games. No one will got with me. And while on weekdays that is not a problem as my DH will meet me at the train station on weekends that does not work. Oh well the Devils did win. I am sorry to whine. But I have been having fun reading stupid romance books. But I like the characters and who cares. I cant get much scrapping done until I get the wedding photos which won't be done for 3 weeks. I find it hard to believe but maybe they are doing more than I think. I am also disappointed that some photos were skipped that I think are important. Oh well. Really sorry I am in a funk today.

@faerywings Chris I have never once doubted that your kids are terrific. Glad you got some extra sleep. I am already not liking the cold and it is only Nov. I cant believe how fast this month is going.

@bcgal00 Rae so sorry about the fall. I cant fall as I have not carpeting except in the living room and stairs. Glad you were just a bit sore! Also sorry about the rain. Hope that your area starts to recover. I have seen photos and it is so sad. I am always blown away by the damage water does.

@taxed4ever Trudy your creativity is awesome!

@tanteva Eva I love the idea of a tada list. Always good to recognize one's accomplishments no matter how large or small. Interesting you don't have a word for jinx.

Have a great day all!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. Lots of work already coming in for me so a busy morning ahead. The rain is still going and they expect Tues/Wed to be the worst so the flooding is continuing to worsen. I would never have thought our province would experience something like this.

We took the dogs to the park yesterday and they all played in the puddles and the creek. Other than that I stayed home.

Today I'm going to get my hair trimmed. My new wacom tablet is coming so I'll hook that up to the laptop and then I'll put the wireless mouse in tomorrow when it arrives from amazon. They had a 50% off sale on a mouse so I couldn't resist. So all I'll need is a second monitor for scrapping but I'll wait and see how the laptop runs and if it is going to be worth it for scrapping on.

@faerywings I'm like you, I like the white lights too, not colored ones. I find the colored lights too distracting and the tree sits too close to the TV so it would drive me nuts pretty quick. Soft white lights are much more soothing and relaxing.

@tanteva I'm a big list maker, I have them all over the house.

@BrightEyes Love the new siggy.

@nancyr Sorry you're in a funk Nancy. Complain to us anytime, it feels good to let it out. I get frustrated with my hubs often (who doesn't LOL) but take a few deep breaths and move on b/c his mind does not work like mine and he doesn't seem to "get it" a lot so I suck it up and may mention it but then move on. Thankfully its not any big problems, just minor things that irk me.

Ok, I'm out of here. I have a ton of work I'd better get started on before I go for a haircut. Have a good day everyone.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... It is a very foggy morning! Hopefully the sun is shining somewhere in all that fog! It was a busy weekend for my DH and myself, but then what else is new?? I will be busy with housework today as none got done over the weekend. We hit Costco yesterday and went to the Nanaimo location instead of the Langford one. So weird that two stores can be set up totally opposite of each other. It took us twice as long to find everything LOL. I hope to get another calendar page done and then only one left. It will be good to have that off of my to-do list. We picked up a beautiful Poinsettia at Costco, a lovely full one so hopefully I can keep it alive all through the Christmas Season. Our son and family are very sad that they have had to cancel the ski trip that they had planned on doing. They were to meet friends in the interior of B.C. and ski for a few days together. However with the way the highways are to the Interior because of the all the rainfall, they are only allowing essential travel. Who knows if there would even be good ski conditions anyway, it has been so very mild. Oh well that means we get to spend more time with them while they are here on the Island. I guess I better get busy with some baking if we are to have company for a longer period of time.

@faerywings - I did not sleep very last night either, was awake from 2:30 until at least 5:30am finally fell back to sleep and then woke at 7:30 only to feel more tired than ever mmph!! Nice that you got your tree up and that your Gary put the lights that you like on it! I also prefer the white lights, not a fan of the coloured ones. WTG on the baking already, I am not prepared for any of that yet. Should have grabbed some baking ingredients while at Costco but our bill was far too large already. Oh well I will wait for a sale at the local grocery store. Good luck with shopping with your Mom today, be patient LOL.

@BrightEyes - I love your new siggy too! I need to change mine for the holiday season! Will you be decorating the outside of your house this year? It is always nice to see the Christmas lights go up!

@tanteva - I love the idea of your ta-da list!! Hope you did not jinx your work day!! Funny that you do not have a word in Swedish that means the same thing.

@nancyr - sorry you are feeling blue today! I totally can relate and yes Rae is right, men just don't think the same way as we do. So we always end up being the bigger person and just suck it up. It's not fair, but we do it anyway. MEN!! Can't live with them, Can't kill em LOL. Although sometimes we could wring their necks!! (just kidding everyone, really I am not that mean). Where oh Where is our rolling pin emoji?? It is nice that the hustle and bustle of the wedding is over with and you are enjoying some quiet time in your house. I hope you enjoy your reading and that your Devils continue to entertain you!

@bcgal00 - Rae, sounds like you will be all set with your techy things! We ended up purchasing a Chromebook on Black Friday and it should be delivered either today or tomorrow. Used our Scene points and Visa Card rewards points to get Best Buy gift cards and found the Chromebook at a good Sale price, so ended up having to pay very little for it. It will be great for both DH and myself to use as I can use it on my Silhouette machine and DH will have it for when he wants to see what is happening with all the hockey, instead of having to go downstairs to his Dinosaur of a computer LOL. My iMac that I scrap on does not have the Bluetooth version that I need for my Silhouette Machine so the Chromebook will be a great addition to my Craft Room and I can stop dragging the machine out to the kitchen to hook it up to my Mac. Merry Christmas to me and my hubs LOL. Hope your work day goes well, you are always so busy! Not looking forward to the next series of rain storms UGH!!!!

Ok I have been on here long enough, its time to get busy and get on with my day. Have a great Monday everyone!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
@BrightEyes - I love your new siggy too! I need to change mine for the holiday season! Will you be decorating the outside of your house this year? It is always nice to see the Christmas lights go up!

No, I won't do outside decorations... haven't done them for the past 5 years. DH was the one to do the outside ones and I am not up to climbing on ladders or stepstools. I just enjoy seeing my neighbors' decorations.

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hello my lovely O's.

My gosh, is it really 2 PM? Is it really November 29th??? Yikes!

Adrienne and the girls came down late yesterday afternoon and the girls went to work "fluffing" my tree. LOL It's been squashed in the box for 2 years and really needed fluffing - still does. I have to iron my tree skirt - it looks like it's been stuffed in a Mason jar for 2 years. It's heavy burlap with a tartan plaid ruffle around it - I'm going to have to really work on it. Kay @BrightEyes I hear you about your hubby climbing up into the attic and finally putting your stuff outside. Chuck went back up, finally and I stood at the bottom of the stairs. He ended up opening the boxes and totes and yelling down what was in each one. He not only found a lot of my missing Christmas stuff, but my Easter and Thanksgiving stuff as well as a lot of other stuff I'd been missing. I was elated. At least I know they're up there! I'm going to transfer all of my decor, etc. up to Adrienne's house - none of this will go back to the attic. I already have my own storage closet at her house. I'll be able to put all of my marked boxes on shelves and then I'll be able to get to my things. I'm even taking Grandma's China and Crystal up there because I'd love to be able to use it.

Chris @faerywings so glad you got your white lights on your tree. They're all I use, too. We found about 4 bags of extra lights (in the final trip to the attic yesterday) so I might have enough to even put out on the front porch. Ava said she'd come put them up for me. We were looking to see what kind of "holders" to get - they make a lot of them anymore.

My cold is still driving me crazy - constant running nose - I hope I'm ok to get the booster. I'm sure as long as I don't have a fever they can give it to me. It's just an annoying head cold. Just for you, Chris @faerywings

thumbnail---2021-11-29T142131.608.jpgthumbnail---2021-11-29T142121.184.jpg

Hahaha - I need to safety pin Lexi's hat, but don't they look festive? The girls about cracked up when they came down yesterday and saw these guys sitting on the porch.

Speaking of list making - I do them on my phone because it's always with me and I always forgot to take my lists. I found the greatest Christmas Gift App and I LOVE it! It's called "the gift list" app - Adrienne told me about it and we're both using it religiously. You enter everybody you need to get a gift for; then if you order a gift, you check "ordered" then when it's delivered, "arrived" - ditto if you buy something - you enter "purchased" oh, and you put the price of everything. You can even make when they're wrapped. When you get done, it subtotals how much you've spent to date and now that I'm done, it shows how much total money I've spent. We're so addicted to it that when we went shopping, we'd sit in the car before we even started home and update our app. It's made my shopping life so much easier.

Here's what it looks like in the Apple App Store:

thumbnail---2021-11-29T143852.985.jpg

I'm off to get some fluffing done, so I can take pictures of my tree in a couple of days. Hugs to all.

LSlycord

Good evening ladies. Well certainly not my normal time to stop in but I had an 8:00 doctor's appointment so I didn't have much time this morning. Can I just tell you how good I feel to be counting down the days to having some time off? I had one more discussion scheduled today where they tried to talk me into staying. While it was flattering, I just felt that I needed to stick with the plan to take some time off.

We had a very good time in St. Augustine looking at the lights. It was chilly but not terrible! And the lights are beautiful. I am sure we will make it over there at least one more time.

We got the tree up yesterday. I finally talked the family into an artificial tree last year. White lights @faerywings. No decorations yet. But we have some of the outdoor decorations up. The pool has a Santa and a snowman and a Christmas tree floating around. It's kind of fun.

I have promised I will make chili tonight so I better get it started. I'll be back for personals after supper.

tjscraps

Hi all! Busy day for me, I've been a bit of a klutz the last few days - I fell down our garage stairs (3 stairs, but onto concrete) and bruised my hip and broke a toe (yes, really - I've broken all my toes at one time or another, so they're easy to break after you've done so once). Then this morning because I was limping down the stairs from the 2nd storey to the main floor I slipped and fell down ANOTHER set of stairs. 2 times in 3 days. Yeouch. Landed on my other side, huge bruise on the side of my thigh and I kind of wretched my arm socket trying to catch my fall (on the other side). So far 42 isn't being very nice to my body lol

I got my Christmas cards in the mail that I ordered, they look great! I'll try to get those addressed and out soon, feels like I'm running out of time for all the things.

@faerywings I need to do what you did with the baking ingredients, I need to figure out what I need to buy still for ingredients. I always pick up too much and then it goes stale by the next year.

@BrightEyes Our neighbourhood is all lit up for Christmas as well, it's so pretty! DH and I don't like lights, so no lights on the roof but we do have a 12 foot Santa flow up and those laser lights you point at the house to make pretty shapes. It'll do for now.

@bcgal00 and @taxed4ever Stay safe! I hope the rain isn't as bad as they are expecting for you.

@Cherylndesigns I need that app pronto - I keep forgetting what we've bought for the girls, so a handy list like that would be perfect!!! Wonder if you can also use it for other holiday tasks - baking, Christmas cards, etc? Downloading now!

Cherylndesigns

I'm in The Zone ~ The "O" Zone
CHEERY O
Hi all! Busy day for me, I've been a bit of a klutz the last few days - I fell down our garage stairs (3 stairs, but onto concrete) and bruised my hip and broke a toe (yes, really - I've broken all my toes at one time or another, so they're easy to break after you've done so once). Then this morning because I was limping down the stairs from the 2nd storey to the main floor I slipped and fell down ANOTHER set of stairs. 2 times in 3 days. Yeouch. Landed on my other side, huge bruise on the side of my thigh and I kind of wretched my arm socket trying to catch my fall (on the other side). So far 42 isn't being very nice to my body lol

I got my Christmas cards in the mail that I ordered, they look great! I'll try to get those addressed and out soon, feels like I'm running out of time for all the things.

@faerywings I need to do what you did with the baking ingredients, I need to figure out what I need to buy still for ingredients. I always pick up too much and then it goes stale by the next year.

@BrightEyes Our neighbourhood is all lit up for Christmas as well, it's so pretty! DH and I don't like lights, so no lights on the roof but we do have a 12 foot Santa flow up and those laser lights you point at the house to make pretty shapes. It'll do for now.

@bcgal00 and @taxed4ever Stay safe! I hope the rain isn't as bad as they are expecting for you.

@Cherylndesigns I need that app pronto - I keep forgetting what we've bought for the girls, so a handy list like that would be perfect!!! Wonder if you can also use it for other holiday tasks - baking, Christmas cards, etc? Downloading now!
Trina, that app is the best one I've ever downloaded! I'm anxious to see if you like it as much as I do!

I'm so sorry you broke your toe! There's a lot of falling and accidents around here. YIKES!

LSlycord

@Cherylndesigns I love your front porch visitors…made me laugh for sure.

@tjscraps that is a lot of falls in just a couple of days. Be careful.

@BrightEyes our outdoor decorations are limited to things that stay on the ground…no step ladders Or ladders.

@taxed4ever and @bcgal00 hope your weather straightens up before long.

@nancyr this time of year seems to make sad feelings sadder. Hoping things improve soon.

@tanteva I think that I need a ta-da list.

@faerywings I‘ve started my Christmas baking but I really do need to take inventory and figure out a plan.