Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Monday, November 16

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
helllO O-zies!!! I am back from my parents' and I am sick as a dog. (Thanks, kids!) Sneezing and coughing and my eyebrows hurt. :p I am taking my garlic pills and Vitamin C so I guess it could be worse.

We had a nice time away. Scott seemed very stressed though, so I hope that he is feeling better now. I popped in very quickly on Saturday, trying to type from my phone how sad and shocked I was at the Paris attacks. I am so relieved that our French ladies are safe. I desperately want a world with peace. I don't understand why it seems so hard to come by.

But enough of my ruminations.

No idea of what I am up to tdoay. I have to keep working on IL's album, since all of my Shutterfly promos expire at the end of the month- but I also need to work some more on F-W's stuff. Maybe I will just do some of the easy stuff. I started the foot soak before I left, so that is just going to need a bit of scent tweaking and a bit of coloring and adding the dried mint to it before I package it into the jars. Very forgiving if I mess something up :)

Guess that it about it here. My eyeballs hurt along with my eyebrows so it is hard to look at the screen here for too long.

Germ-free hugs sent all around!

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
Kat- that is such great news about getting your flights booked to see your mom!! I bet she was thrilled to know you would be coming out.
What kind of dog do you have, besides one that is very attached? I missed my pups immensely, and they seemed excited to see all of us too.

Nancy- It must have been hard for so many hockey players who have French roots to be playing this past weekend.
Hope you had a fab birthday celebration with the family. Was it yours?

Kat- pj days! The best!

Rae- hope that your stomach is all better today. As much as I will :blah: about a head cold, I will take that 100 times over 1 day of a stomach bug.

So sorry that I can't catch up from Friday, but will try maybe if I feel better later today.

xoxoxo

DoggiNo

I'm a happy bunny after this weekend ... on Saturday we went out for a new tv as our current is showing fluo lines where there shouldn't be any and we didn't want to wait until it completely gave out. So next weekend we'll have a new tv.

And on Sunday we ordered new seating for our living room. Finally ! This was a long and hard process. Too big, not comfy, didn't like the feet, etc etc until we ended on Saturday liking one sofa but not the fabrics / leathers that were possible on that one; liking one leather but not the models it was possible for ... until the sales guy pointed out that one of those model was in fact with relax function anyway. So after taking home some samples to make a final decision, we went for it on Sunday. :)
Now it's just the long wait for it to made and delivered. More than 12 weeks. :tape2:

All the rest of the weekend happenings have a much less happy tone ... :sad:

Aussiekat

Well, after yesterday's complete do-nothing day (which felt awesome), it's back to work today - rolling out the annual performance reviews. Greeeeat, I know the employees are going to love that. :tape2: Christmas music is playing :music: (only in my office - coworkers will organize a mutiny if I try and play it through the office sound system ;) ).

Sorry for all the sickies. Rae, sounds like a nasty bug you've got there! To dream about feeling ill, too?! Ouch. And Chris, you're eyebrows hurt?! That much be the strangest sensation!

Aussiekat

Katja - 12 weeks to wait for the couch?! I can completely understand finding just the right style, fit, comfort, etc. We have a large corner couch and are looking to replace it in the New Year, maybe with two smaller sofa beds ... but find a sofa bed that's actually comfortable ... ?

Aussiekat

Oh, almost forgot, Chris, you asked about Haddie, my dog? She's a beagle/basset mix. She was a rescue and came from a pretty bad situation (was left outside for more than a year ... wasn't good - to this day, she panics and completely freaks out when we get out the garden hose ... we suspect she was hosed down :( ) ... anyway, she's spoiled rotten and has been with us almost 8 years now.

haddie3_zpsyiacksd8.jpg

LaurieW

lOve the O!
Morning O fam! Just finished my workout and will fix a healthy breakfast. My son came this weekend with his wife and announced that next August they will "be married" publicly. It was good to have family time, not good to have opposite political leanings. That said, tomorrow I have an interview for a full time job. It is doing what I like, working solely with children. I also am awaiting furniture ordered on Halloween- it should arrive just in time for us to leave for Christmas/New Years holiday! I hope to download pictures of my grandpuppy (6 years old), Laci- she is a beautiful if not spoiled pitbull.

Aussiekat

Laurie - Fingers crossed for you tomorrow. Good luck !

Ditto!! Good luck!

Katja - yeah, distinguished is one word; she's starting to get a little grey now. Of course, we prefer bossy, b($*%&ch ... :censored: She's so vocal!! LOL We saw one of those online surveys a while back on the noisiest dogs. Uh-huh, who knew, beagles #1, and bassets in the top 10 ... and we have a mix of both. :frusty:

nancyr

good morning - this is the first Monday in a month when I am totally home alone. I am so enjoying this time. Yesterday was birthday dinner at Benihana for my oldest son. We have never had a bad meal and the chefs are so fun to watch and interact with while they do the cooking. It was a nice respite from the news of the day. Came home and watched hockey. Was fun having Rex and Ashley for the weekend. My son showed my DH and I pictures of two German shepherd puppies and he thinks we should get one. I laughed and said I don't think so! I hope they take the no seriously.

Chris so sorry you are feeling so sick. I had the cold and it took a good 4-5 days to feel really back to normal.

Katja congrats on the new furniture! It was always hard for my DH and I to come to an agreement when it came to furniture. So what we bought 30 years ago we still have LOL but I still love it and it is in really good shape. However we do go with the new TVs.

Kat your dog is too cute!

Laurie good luck with the interview! I enjoy being just the grandparent to puppies! So fun for me to have the go home!

Have a great day all!

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. I'm feeling better today but still a bit crampy, queasy and tired. I did have a good sleep last night though so that's good.

Kat- love your doggy pic!
Chris - hope you feel better soon.
Laurie & Katja - new furniture....how nice!

I've bot a busy day with chores, work and errands since I didn't do anything over the weekend b/c of being sick. I think the day is going to fly by.

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Good Morning ladies... Our first frost this morning, the roofs are all white but maybe this will finally kill off those pesky fruit flies!!!! I was MIA for the weekend, we were helping SIL move into her new place, we worked like demons and got so much done!! Then a sad phone call that Uncle Mac had passed away. He is the Uncle that had the Shy Dreagers Syndrome and it really is a blessing that he did not linger any longer than he already had. Still very devastating to the family as he was a favourite Uncle, so much fun and such a kind man. Anyway we worked hard yesterday also getting all the flattened boxes taken to the recycle place then catching up with work around our own place.

Chris - Glad you had a good time at your Mom's, but that really sucks about your getting a cold!! Hope you are over it quickly! Sending virtual chicken soup your way :hug:

Katja - That will be so hard to wait for your beautiful new couch! But nice that you will have a brand new T.V. to keep you occupied while you wait!

Kat - Your Dog looks like she is a sweetie!! Sad that she started out not being treated very well!! She is one lucky dog to have you to care for her now! Sorry that she is a noise maker though, hope she doesn't bark all day while you are at work!!

Laurie - Keeping my fingers crossed for your interview also!! I know you will land the job, you are great at what you do I am sure!

Nancy - Enjoy your alone day!! It is nice to have the place to yourself for sure!! Yikes what will you do if they show up with a German Shepard puppy for you one day!! :scared:

Ok ladies I have to :bolt: lots to do today and so much catching up to do here at the "O" I really want to try to scrap sometime today too. Oh I am officially finished the Aussie's calendars so off to the printer they go and then got to get them all wrapped up for the journey to Australia with my Brother and SIL. Hope you all have a fabulous day!! :wave:

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Hi Rae :wave: we cross posted again, hope that you are back to tip top shape by the days end!! Must have been the flu bug??