Oscraps

Daily Ooo's: Monday, May 4

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
:jedi: May the Fourth be With You!

Here is a little different stretch this morning. Sit up nice and tall and lift your arms out to each side. Nice and gently-- Stretch to the right, center, then left. Not bending over just side to side. Do that a few times while breathing nice and slowly.
Now bend to the right and raise your left hand to the sky. Center. Then raise your right hand up and left gently down. Back to center then breathe innnn and ouuuuut.

Did anyone else's vertebrae creak a bit? Little crackles here and there for me.

How was your weekend? Ours was wonderful! The weather was splendid. Gary's birthday was very nice. He liked the card that I made for him even though I was unhappy with it. I struggled for days with it. I made a pie chart with little phrases to go with each slice. Pun maker, Dog finder and keeper, My best friend, etc. I know that there has to be an easier way but Photoshop isn't the way to do it.

I was able to go into the back yard and clear leaves from one area and weed along the back of the house. Gary mowed the "lawn" so hopefully, that will mean W won't eat the grass anymore. My mom gave us money to order out and everyone wanted to order a bunch of appetizers so we did that. My stomach is gonna hate me forever!

It was such a nice thing to have the parents over to visit each day and to sit outside. It felt almost normal even though we didn't get close to each other.
I say it often but I am so freaking lucky to have a great family- the kids were out there busting on my parents and my ILs. Gary and I are busting on the kids. The grandparents adore my kids back. I am so *blessed* and I know it and I don't ever want to take it for granted. So there- that is my declaration for the day. :D

I thought it was going to rain today but right now it is another sunny day. I was going to pay bills, do some desk work, etc. But you know that the dirt is calling to me- helloooooooo come out and dig!!!!!

Oh no! I am looking at what I typed yesterday- I said BIG hits to everyone. I wasn't not trying to hit anyone. Not even hit *on* anyone. heh. It was supposed to say hugs. I am sorry for hitting you.
So today I am going to double-check my typing-- big hugs to everyone!
xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
I just checked the weather and hoo boy! It is going to be sunny and 68* Forget the desk work!
Thank you all for the birthday wishes for Gary- I will pass them along!

Kay- I am sorry that April was such a rough month and I hope that May is a much easier and happier one. I am glad that you are able to scrap again. I finally turned off our heat this weekend too but no AC yet. Mmmm, sounds like you have been busy in the kitchen.
Fabulous news about the tree surviving and blooming. As soon s Scott is done with school (Friday! No sure if that is good or bad!) he is going to help me get some gardening and plants going.
I am feeling the same way- I hope that people don't think that b/c a few restrictions are easing that means that we are in the clear.
How was your family Zoom? Did you get to be right side up?
I am thinking of your Great-Grands and their mom. It sounds like she is doing all of the right things but I am sending lots of good thoughts that she stays safe.

Trudy- That rolling pin would have been out for me as well if my Gary had to go to Costco and wait like that. At least it was good while you were inside the store. My ILs stopped at BJ's on the way up to our house and said that the shelves were mostly empty with no meat to be found.
How were your family visits yesterday? The paintings you posted on FB-OMG- AMAZING!!!!!!

Felis- thank you for popping in to say Happy birthday, hope that the great of your day was fun!

Nancy- it wasn't as sunny here but it got humid. By you too? Such a great idea for the parks to post arrows so everyone goes in one direction. I was asking Scott about the hiking trails up here and spacing. he said that the trails themselves are fine but that everyone typically wants to stop and view the same waterfall or that sometimes the slower hikers create bottlenecks. I am glad that he is waiting to get out there a little while.
How nice for DS to be out birding with his MG. I like that description LOL
Thank you for keeping me updated on the NJ parks, they are giving me hope that people are respectful and they will stay open.

Dogs need to go out, see you soon!

taxed4ever

Administrator Crazy about the "O"
CHEERY O
Morning ladies... Wow is it ever foggy this morning!! However it looks very bright outside, so I am hoping that means the sun is out and it will burn off the fog quickly! We had a very nice day yesterday, visiting with the In-Laws! They were so happy to have us there to talk to and MIL was so happy that she did not have to cook anything! We supplied lunch and chatted it up for a few hours. MIL loved her Mother's Day Gifts (one week early) and they were both sad when it was time for us leave! We sat out in the huge shop that FIL had built years back, it is big enough to hold two school buses and the upstairs is where MIL has her sewing room. She has spent countless hours up there, many to escape FIL I am sure LOL. Anyway they have tables and chairs set up in the shop, it is where we all used to have our meals in the years that we had our family reunions, so that is where we had our visit, far apart from each other. SIL Linda joined us too, she was happy to be in the company of others also! So today will be spent doing all the things I normally get done on a Sunday, changing the bedsheets, :washing: cleaning the floors and bathrooms. Oh what fun!! LOL I am sure that Mason will be calling soon to play some "guess who" with me and it will be good to hear what they did on the weekend! Hopefully I will hear from Isaac and Sadie today also, they are usually very busy on the weekends, helping out with the cleaning and getting out for some exercise of some kind.

Chris - How wonderful that your weather has warmed up for you! I hope that you listen to the dirt outside and go out and have some fun dirt therapy today! So glad that your Gary had a good birthday, it must have been fun to see your family members again! Sorry you were not happy with your card that you made, but I bet it turned out beautiful and of course your Gary loved it!! It came from his sweetie, how could he not love it?? Aww thanks for loving my coasters and trivets, they sold right away, so that made me very happy! Now I have to put a coat of resin on them and get them ready to go.

Ok I better get another coffee before Mr. Mason give me his face time call this morning! I need to get coupons out to the winners for last months challenges too. Lots to do today, so it will be a busy day! Oh well at least the time goes by quickly when I am busy and no time to get bored. Have a wonderful Monday everyone! :wave:

nancyr

good morning and what a glorious morning it is. The sun is shining and outside smells so good! It was a great walk. We go around 10am and it seems that parents with kids are inside homeschooling so we see mostly dog walkers or other adults out walking. My oldest son called to say that they are buying a Harley Davidson motorcycle. He sent me the photos and it is awesome for them not for me. It has a seat with arm rests and speakers for the passenger so his wife is all for it. It is used but he says well maintained. So I guess I am happy for them. Watched the penultimate episode of Outlander. It was really good. I have to stop myself from comparing them to the books and just enjoy the show. The young twins that play the little boy are so so cute. They do a great job. It takes forever for this show to shoot and edit so now with the shut down it will be a long time before the next season starts. I spent a lot of yesterday moving photos to my EHD. It takes time but I am so glad that I am doing this. They need to be off my hard drive. I am running out of space. I am trying to believe that I probably will not go back and use them but if I do need them I can at least find them. I will work more on that today. The thing that is the saddest is that so many have not been printed so I am going to have to think about printing them and whether to print myself or send out.

Chris so glad that our weather is good today and was great for the weekend. We deserved it! So happy Gary had such a good day. So what was the cake flavor? Enjoy the time in the dirt. My DH mowed the back yard yesterday too!

Trudy so glad you had such a perfect place to celebrate with the ILs and that it was so nice for her! Hope your day brightens and you can get in a good walk. Have fun playing guess who.

Grateful to have sun!

felis

Hello girls! Brrr, it's so cold! I feels it more as autumn. Weekend was rainy too, so we had nice lazy time! My mom was in cooking mood and treat us with few of her specialty items. And we watched together few episodes of one reality show she likes.
For this month I decided that I need to read a love story, so I'm giving second chance to "A New York Winter's Tale". And umm, it's mostly this.
Oh, yes Chris is right, the Star Wars Day hooray! :high5:

Chris congrats for the Cait's internship at the college! I'm not surprised by her success, such a smart girl! And the bday party really sounds awesome! Hope Leah was there too!
Honestly I don't know is it have some possibility to record live stream. I know they stay active for 24 hr at IG and then gone, but the best part is the chance to interact wit the artists sending hugs and comments, so they feels less lonely. We all miss the real gigs! I saw britishs makes timid tries to set up autumn festivals date, but will have to wait and see. I think not that ''people are thinking the worst is over'', but they just get tired to live in fear. Our government said that it would take us 2 yr before to have vaccine available for mass use. There is no chance to lose 2 yrs of our life in hiding!

Trudy, what a lovely family meeting you had, even in this situation, love your narration!
Hey, here they opened the swimming pools from this week so I hope this will happen in Canada soon!

Nancy, it's SOOO cool that they asked your question at the Devils Q&A! I never get luck in that. It's the best feeling to be mentioned, and chosen between all the fans, isn't it!
Uhh, I'll have to delete the blured and then to save tons of photos too!

Jean, hmm, these chairs on the front porch must be feels very lonely since you aren't use them anymore! I have a very bad habit if I'm wearing working pants to sit directly on the steps, where cats lies on sun. I'm afraid that I use my garden mostly to sit there this year.
Sounds as you are had lots of online fun!

Kay, hope you'll scrap some yard photos! Same here I'm still not bought all seeds I need. I know I can order them online, but still procrastinate.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Hi, all... not much time to chat. Been up working on the computer like mad! So good to be back in the scrapping grove again. Spent some time this morning looking for a photo that DD#2 asked for last evening... sadly to say... it is among the "missing" photos that are not found anywhere. DH sorted photos several years ago and gave a bunch of them to the kids... we have made about 6 moves since then and several groups of photos got lost.

Yes, we had a great family video chat last evening... it wasn't on Zoom. My image was still sideways but DD#2 read that was a problem with IE... and said to download and install the new Microsoft Edge to fix the bug. So after the talk was over, I did just that... and YES!!! that solved the sideways image problem. It was so good to see everyone... including the great-grands w/DD#1.

Felis, so sorry about the cold weather you are having. I did post a LO of photo of my patio on my FB page... you can see it there. It was done for another forum so can't post it here. I hope you enjoy the love story. I am re-reading a series that I love about the Quinn Bros by Nora Roberts.

Chris, glad the family got to come over and visit... sitting outside and keeping social distance. Sounds like it was so good for everyone. Great way to celebrate Gary's Birthday.

Nancy, hope you get a lot of the photos moved onto the EHD so you will still have them accessible if you need them. I need to move a bunch of stuff onto DVD's and then delete them from the computer HD. They are already on the EXHD. I am running out of space too. Keep saying I am going to get it down to under 1TB so Son-in-law can move it over the Hubby's new tower. Just haven't had the energy or will to face doing that right now.

Trudy, how wonderful that you got to visit with the Inlaws and celebrate Mother's Day with them. I saw the new coasters and trivet on FB... love the swirls of pink, gray and white. You do such beautiful work.

Gotta run... I missed getting lunch and the tummy is talking to me. CYlL