Oscraps

Daily Ooos: Monday, May 31

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
WARNING! I am tired and cranky today. I was completely bored out of my mind yesterday, freezing cold, and just Blah. I had seriously wacky dreams last night and I woke up cold and cranky, only to find that the coffee pot is broken. We have a Keurig so I did get some coffee but it is such a pain to use.
It only got to 48* here and since Gary put the ACs in the windows when it was almost 90* a few days earlier, the heat is helping but the wind is still coming through the ACs. We even put the space heater on last night while we were watching TV. It looks like it is going to be a bit "warmer" and drier with just scattered showers today but isn't outside weather either. boo.
It is also Memorial Day and the 100th Anniversary of the Tulsa Race Massacre so the weather and my mood match up with them.

Did anyone learn about Tulsa when they were in school? I know I did;t, my kids didn't. I learned about it maybe in the last 10 years. Even then in the beginning of me reading about it, it was being called a "riot" when that isn't accurate.
Caitlyn is happy, Tom is coming over today and is having dinner with us. I bought vegan chick'n nuggets for them and I double-checked the ingredients on the baked beans and french fries, so he should be ok with dinner. The big test is will he be able to keep up with our strange conversations? He met Scott and Leah and their crew the other night and it sounded like they all got along. They'd better if they are going camping together this summer. He doesn't have too hard of an act to follow with Cait's ex-BF. *winks*

I am going to figure out what I need to do for the week ahead and how to make myself less cranky.
Wish me luck. Ha!!

xoxo

faerywings

The Loopy-O
CHEERY O
@tanteva That has to be so strange, I don't think I would mind the long days but the dark winter would just about kill me. Even here I hate it when it is dark in the morning and dark by 5 pm. You are made of stronger stuff than me for being able to survive that.
Did you get to scrap a page with the calf? I haven't made it to the Gallery yet but will have to check.

Kay- I have been waking up around 5 or so, my room faces east so as soon as it gets a bit light out there, I end up waking up. I can usually fall back asleep or doze until 6 and then is when my back and shoulder get too stiff to get comfortable.
When I was cleaning the house the other day before Tom came over the first time, I was vacuuming the ceiling fans. Caitlyn walks in and thought I was vacuuming the *ceiling.* She laughed at me that I was going overboard with cleaning. She still thinks that I was even though I was cleaning the fans and not the ceiling. LOL
I hope that your neighbor is able to help you with the drip lines/caps. You defiantly don't want the trees to dry out and I imagine they need lots of water.
I will have to put Legend on my To Read list. Have I complained before about my library and its Hold policy? You can't put books on hold in the first three months of their release. By the time that period is over, I have forgotten all about them. I try to put stuff on Good Reads but sometimes I forget about that too. Sheesh.

@nancyr this is the worst weather. It is so cold. No thanks to that chili either but it is great that DS is such a good cook. Is he still doing catering?
I bet it doesn't feel strange watching hockey when it is this cold rather than when It was 90 the other day. Glad that you are having a good time scrapping your vacation pics.

@Cherylndesigns Your DD is going to be so happy when she sees all of the garden work you have done. It is going to get better and better as it fills in.
J was naughty too- I was hooking her on the lead to go out and there was a dog and human on the street that I hadn't noticed and she bolted past me. She just barked at them but she shouldn't do that. Makes me worried and angry. (what doesn't at this point? hehe!)
I hope you all have a fantastic day ahead!

tanteva

all i need is Oscraps, cOffee, chOcOlate & tOfu
I'm a bit off today as well. Not cranky I guess ... just a hint of extra ADHD. Made a layout about it ... channelling a bit of frustration into creativity. Haven't done my meditation today - I really should do that. Maybe even an extra long one, to give my brain a chance to calm down.

Ended up making a layout with another photo, and I don't think that calf was in it. It's the mama cows. There were plenty of cows in that field. I sure hope the farmer didn't see us and got upset, cuz the cows was a bit away from the road - probably so that the calves wouldn't get upset or something. And there we came trodding ... like two stupid city folks (even though we live just a 10 minutes walk away) with the camera. Well, he (or maybe it's a she, one of the farmers down there is a she, not sure who's cows it is) didn't come with his tractor and run us over.

Gee ... can you tell how messy my brain is today. Not sure any of my English makes sense today.

tanteva

Oh, I forgot: yesterday when we took the drive to the other side of the lake, we stopped and took a walk along a small road (well, not even a road really - more like a path) in the woods. And in the middle of the forest was an old boat. Like a small rowing boat. All withered up, with rusty nails. Absolutely beautiful. I need to scrap the photos - but I need to find the PERFECT kit for it (any ideas are welcome!).

How does a boat end up in the middle of the forest? Imagine all the work someone made to build it once upon a time, just for the boat to wither up in a forest. We checked when we got home, there's really no water anywhere near where the boat was. Totally weird. Someone must have just dumped it there.

EDIT:
made a web sized version of the photo:

IMG_4833web.jpg

Last edited:

bcgal00

CHEERY O
Good morning ladies. The wkend flew by. We took the dogs to the dog park for an hour yesterday and then over to the big soccer field behind the school across from us. Bella and Remi had 15' leashes trailing so we could step on the leash and redirect them when needed but we didn't need to. The dogs all stayed together and close to us. They had a blast racing around the field. That's the kind of exercise Remi needs. I'm going to be going to the dog park quite a bit over the summer to help her socialize and hopefully get her over her fear reactiveness to some dogs. She nips and lets out a high pitched yelp in fear with some dogs. Hopefully with positive reinforcement (treats) and boundaries I'll be able to help her get over this otherwise I'll get a behavioral trainer for a few sessions to help. I think she'll be ok but I'll do whatever is needed for her.

Today is a bit busy with work as I still have a bit of backlog from Friday when I couldn't work. I'll work hard in the morning and then head to the dog park for an hour this afternoon. Weather looks good for today.

@faerywings Hope your mood lifts. Find a good book and relax or get out into your garden. You asked about me CTing anywhere now and I am back at TLP and PBP stores. I started out slow and have kept my duties to a reasonable level and I think I have a good balance now between work, scrapping and the dogs. I like coming here to do Vicki's challenge and may get a few more done here and there when I have time and a challenge inspires me. More and more, I'm looking forward to the end of next year when I can decide if I want to work at all or what other choices I might have. If my boss doesn't slow his schedule down (which means I don't want to stay indefinitely), I may only do the job over the winter to stockpile some extra money for our traveling with the dogs (after we do a panama canal cruise) or who knows, I might not even make it til retirement, I may quit earlier as D will be done work next July. But...having the choice to do what I want is going to be soooo nice :)

@tanteva Coming that old boat is very interesting. It would be fun to scrap a page about it.

I'm getting another coffee and getting to work now. Hope you all have a great day.

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Wow... yesterday afternoon was a bit scary here in our state... we had 4 active tornado watches + severe weather warning - and 2 tornados on the ground that were spotted and followed by tornado hunters. We had one severe weather warning here - it brushed by the southern section of town with rain/hail/high winds. I only had the high winds at my house. The whole eastern part of the state had problems and it may be the same today. Just talked to my sister in Amarillo, TX... they had rain, hail and flooding but no flooding in her area of town last night.

I was late putting my flag up... didn't get it out until 10 AM. I was thrilled to see some branches with leaves have bloomed on the older tree in the front yard. The Graywood Ash now had leaves starting to pop open, too. Guess giving both of them water is really helping. Will keep doing that daily for awhile. Today was suppose to be a cool day - only 75* but it has already got up to 77*. Will see if the cool front moves in and drops the temp again.

Chris, had to LOL over Cait thinking you were cleaning the ceilings!!! I do like to clean the ceiling fans before I need to use them for the summer. Was surprised when I took a good look at them as I don't see any dust along the edges of the blades so may just let them go for now. Sounds like Cait's BF is going to fit right in with the rest of the family.

Eva... I am with you wondering how that boat got to be in the middle of the forest area. Thanks for showing us the photo. Yes, I would be scraping a page about it if I were you.

Had a nice supper last night - made burritos with refried beans, beef, onions, cheese and salsa on flour tortilla. Have enough leftovers that I will have it for supper tonight... no cooking... VBG...

nancyr

good evening - it was a quiet Memorial day here. My Marine son came over and we chatted for a while. You can tell this day is hard for him as he has lost so many of his buddies. But he had a great time with friends yesterday at a BBQ so that was good and they all loved his chili. He was happy about that. Even the kids like it so that says something. Finally got out for a walk with Luther this afternoon. It was gorgeous the sun was out at it was 75 degrees. It is to be warmer each day going forward. Thank goodness. Watched the US defeat Germany this morning. They are doing amazingly well. They have won 5 straight. They show photos of Riga and it looks lovely. Tonight is more hockey. Should be able to finish up the book tonight or tomorrow.

@faerywings Chris I was never taught about the Tulsa massacre. It should not have been hidden. I wonder if it is in the history books now used in my town. The weather really brings me down too! But now the sun is out so I am happy. And yes my son is still doing his catering business. Have fun with the new BF.

@tanteva Eva thanks for the comments on my pages. Sedona is the start of the red rock formations found in the western part of the US. If you have ever watched any of the John Wayne westerns a lot were filmed in Monument Valley which is also part of this geological formation. That is something about just finding a boat in the middle of the forest not near the lake. Forgive me I have read too many mystery books, I feel like you should have looked under the boat to see if there were bones. But of course you have let loose something.

@bcgal00 Rae your time at the park and field sound so fun for the dogs. I bet those dogs were tired and slept. Glad that your computers are working and you can catch up on your work. Glad you are making plans now for retirement. I too have wanted to see the Panama Canal. Sound be a great cruise.

@BrightEyes Kay wow the weather sounds terrible. I hate when we have thunderstorm warnings much less tornado warnings. Glad they missed you. Glad they missed your sister too! Congrats on the leaves of the trees starting to unfurl. My rhododendrons are really starting to open up. I saw a report on NBC news about the drought NM is having. I had no idea it had been going on for like 6 yrs.

@Cherylndesigns Cheryl hope the animals and garden is surviving your strange weather.

Have a good day all!

BrightEyes

Kay
CHEERY O
Oh, WOW.... WOW... WOW.... it was quite an afternoon. Notice that the sky was looking a bit dark just after 2PM when I walked into the family room. Thought a storm might be coming our way so stepped out front and took the Flag down. Turned on the TV to see that our area was under a severe weather warning. The next thing I knew, the rain started... then hail... and the wind hit. The temp went from 80* down to 65* in less than 10 minutes - then continued to fall down to 60*. Thunder and lightening and more rain and hail came down. Looks like we got about 2" of rain within 30 minutes! It was wild while it was going on. It blew on through. Watched the local news and one of the main intersections by the mall *less than a mile from my house) flooded and they got 1"- 2" size hailstones that covered the ground. Just watch the local weather and another storm cell is heading our way and should be here soon. We didn't lose power here but several thousand customers are in the dark right now. Yikes... just heard thunder so shutting the computer down.

tanteva

Watched the US defeat Germany this morning. They are doing amazingly well. They have won 5 straight. They show photos of Riga and it looks lovely. Tonight is more hockey. Should be able to finish up the book tonight or tomorrow.

@tanteva Eva thanks for the comments on my pages. Sedona is the start of the red rock formations found in the western part of the US. If you have ever watched any of the John Wayne westerns a lot were filmed in Monument Valley which is also part of this geological formation. That is something about just finding a boat in the middle of the forest not near the lake. Forgive me I have read too many mystery books, I feel like you should have looked under the boat to see if there were bones. But of course you have let loose something.

First of all ... let's not talk about hockey .... (I need a cry smiley here) ... Well, I knew where we were heading when Sweden lost the first game ..... to Denmark????!!! I didn't even know that Denmark had a hockey team! Let alone skates. Oh, the embarrasment! Now my hope stands with Finland.

And LOL - great mind thinks alike (that's the expression, right?) I said to hubby "And when we get home and I look at the photos, I will find a hand sticking out somewhere". I didn't. :D

tanteva

Oh, Kay @BrightEyes I hope you all are safe and your house didn't get any damage. Sounds like crazy weather. Take care!